As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[L4D I & II] More details, link in OP. Also, behave.

• Zombie MonkeyZombie Monkey Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    The stick to the ones that count, L$D2 ontime

Zombie Monkey on
    League of Legends - Enzo III
    edited June 2009
    hmm that was not intentional

Zombie Monkey on
  • BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    You can't stop the subconscious.

BionicPenguin on
  • ReaganReagan Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    word is there is a patch tonight, stay tuned

Reagan on
  • Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Oh ZM, here I thought you were on our side. :( I feel betrayed.

Unearthly Stew on
  • ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Reagan wrote: »

Your avatar goes pretty well with this.

Shabooty on
    edited June 2009
    Shabooty wrote: »

Your avatar goes pretty well with this.

reagan-wiggled.jpg

Reagan on
    edited June 2009
    Ye all have little faith in me, jealousy is what im pinning it on but im more than happy to accept "ultra jealousy" aswell

Zombie Monkey on
    edited June 2009
    Idea, to make the game harder if your health drops down to 10 then it should automatically keep dropping, perhaps a bar every 10 seconds, once it gets to 0 you should collapse and become incapped, only it should take twice as long to get them up. This would encourage greater use of pills and medpacks and prevent hording, Also pills should do less damage the more you take them

So, 1 set of pills does 75 temp health
    The next set does 20 temp health

After that all pills add 5 temp health and over 4 pills 0 temp health increase. This would make the game more realistic. Medpacks the same principle.

Zombie Monkey on
    edited June 2009
    Idea, to make the game harder if your health drops down to 10 then it should automatically keep dropping, perhaps a bar every 10 seconds, once it gets to 0 you should collapse and become incapped, only it should take twice as long to get them up. This would encourage greater use of pills and medpacks and prevent hording, Also pills should do less damage the more you take them

After that all pills add 5 temp health and over 4 pills 0 temp health increase. This would make the game more realistic. Medpacks the same principle.

Your opinion is wrong

Reagan on
    edited June 2009
    I hear that so often it loses all meaning

Zombie Monkey on
  • DomhnallDomhnall Minty D. Vision! ScotlandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    There actually shouldn't be any zombies at all. That would make the game more realistic.

Domhnall on
    Xbox Live - Minty D Vision
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
    Origin/BF3 - MintyDVision
  • ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I hear that so often it loses all meaning

Maybe you're just wrong a lot.

Shabooty on
    edited June 2009
    No, no its you all who are wrong

Im brimming with ideas and suggestions to improve the game and all im hearing is a bucket full of negativity coming my way, well ill have you know ive a bathtub full of positivity to counteract your bucket, and last i checked a bathtub is bigger than a bucket.

Zombie Monkey on
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    It's a shame you seem to have confused your bathrub's function with that of a toilet.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • thejazzmanthejazzman Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    You are wrong, having 10 HP being the same as zero unless you had pills would

A) require re-balancing of all damage abilities since everyone pretty much has 90HP now instead of 100

B) Taking 20 seconds to get up is way too long, 10 is a sweet spot of tension versus annoyance, it's just long enough to make the helper feel like a hero without him putting himself at huge risk

C) What the fuck would be the point of a 5Hp temporary boost? 20 HP boost on second taking is also wayyyy too large of a drop off, I don't know if you play expert Campaign at all, but these changes would require huge rebalancing and most likely make the game frustratingly biased in favor of the infected

D) Not being able to sustain yourself at 10 hp would completely remove the coolness of when you are on 10 hp and you know you can't survive any more hits from anything, and you get a rush of adrenaline and fight really hard not to take a hit, feeling really good if you manage to finish the map.

thejazzman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Troll on a roll.

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
    edited June 2009
    Flippy apparently we sound alike :D

I imagine you sound glorious :D

Zombie Monkey on
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    My terrible-game-idea sense is tingling.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • TK-42-1TK-42-1 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Flippy_D wrote: »
    Troll on a roll.

but is it a buttered roll?

TK-42-1 on
    sig.jpgsmugriders.gif
    edited June 2009
    Guys! Maybe instead of pills, they have painkillers in syringes. There's a minigame that comes up every time you want to use them too.

If you miss the vein, you lose health.

Unearthly Stew on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Forar wrote: »
    The most important thing to remember is that spamming the voice commands is, and always will be, the height of hilarity. Those that don't appreciate the genius of AHH TANK AHH TANK AHH TANK AHH TANK AHH TANK AHH TANK will be the first against the wall.

May as well give me my last smoke (even though I don't smoke) and put me at the front of the line.

God, that drives me up the wall.

Ahh my old nemesis, text failing to convey tone, we meet again.

I was being sarcastic. That's the one thing that will make me quit a game halfway through.

Oh, I knew you were being sarcastic. A dry tone of voice doesn't carry over the internet very well either. ;-)

We're on the same page, good Sir.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    Domhnall wrote: »
    There actually shouldn't be any zombies at all. That would make the game more realistic.
    hahahaha yes this put it perfect.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
    edited June 2009
    The game would lose non of its charm if it was a military game where 4 survivors are killing soldiers, at the end of the day its the gameplay thats the key and how fun it is. So yeah, id be up for losing the zombies

Zombie Monkey on
    edited June 2009
    The game would lose non of its charm if it was a military game where 4 survivors are killing soldiers, at the end of the day its the gameplay thats the key and how fun it is. So yeah, id be up for losing the zombies

So really... what you're saying is L4D is really 4v4 TF2! It all makes sense now!

Unearthly Stew on
    edited June 2009
    BUt TF2 is shit

Zombie Monkey on
  • SoulGateSoulGate Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

Your opinion is wrong

Want realism? Getting pounced will either instantly kill you, instantly incap you, or wound you to be nearly useless. Medkits take 20 minutes to properly use. You have to inject the correct syrum, clean and disinfect the area, and use the mouse and circular motions to properly bandage yourself. You also must use a splint. It won't restore any health. Instead it'll just keep the health from dropping as fast. When a boomer blows up, instead of blurred green vision, you have a 80% chance of becoming permanently blinded. You then have to find a water source and rinse your eyes out for 30 seconds before reporting to a doctor to remove any matter.

And of course a punch by a tank or a witch is instant death.

Also survivor closets don't exist.

SoulGate on
    steam_sig.png
    edited June 2009
    BUt TF2 is shit

Only if it wasn't zombies, I probably wouldn't have bought the game.

Everyone knows killing zombies fucking rules.

Also you should really try to go one thread without trolling. I'm not even going to respond to that TF2 comment.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
    edited June 2009
    Here is a serious clarification of my TF2 remark. In my experience team fortress is mostly ruined by the people, in serious games ive yet to encounter more embittered people (outside of counterstrike), in pub games ive yet to encounter games with any structure to them at all. There seems to exist no happy middle ground where people are contirbuting to the team, but happy and ok to lose if things go a bit wrong.

Secondly the gameplay itself is fine for about 15 minutes then it gets repetative, for me at least.

Also i think its a fair stretch to say that the gameplay of L4D goes beyond just killing zombies and a game where the gameply is taken and applied against soldiers or lizards of whathaveyou would be just as exciting. Zombies may perk the interest but they dont make the game good.

Also im not even going to respond to that troll comment

Zombie Monkey on
  • EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    What happened is Zombie won the Bullshit Derby by throwing his eggs into the "Mine That Sequel" basket. He's not a clairvoyant, more accurately he's closer to Rainman, without the appeal.

As long as we're pitching ridiculous ideas, I really want L4D to institute a GUI wherein I can adjust sliders for shambling/running zombies and other things like Zombies only die from headshots, instead of having to mess with console commands or premade mods that eliminate 90% of the shit I enjoy so I can play with the other 10%.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
    edited June 2009
    if you really want that you shouldnt feel bad for having that opinion, i will be mature in here and actually assess your argument rather than act like 80% and just dismiss it.

I think having a mode such as a "become the director' would be a good mode in l4d2, akin to the challenge mode in plants v zombies where you have a certain amount of sun and to buy zombies and eat the brains (those who hav eplayed it will know) anyway. I dont think its too far a stretch to say, you are the director and have x resources which you can use to summon hordes\specials and your job is to kill th esurvivors by tactically placing infected around the map.

Never be afraid of your opinion badman, it was a good idea

Zombie Monkey on
    edited June 2009
    Here is a serious clarification of my TF2 remark. In my experience team fortress is mostly ruined by the people, in serious games ive yet to encounter more embittered people (outside of counterstrike), in pub games ive yet to encounter games with any structure to them at all. There seems to exist no happy middle ground where people are contirbuting to the team, but happy and ok to lose if things go a bit wrong.

Secondly the gameplay itself is fine for about 15 minutes then it gets repetative, for me at least.

Also i think its a fair stretch to say that the gameplay of L4D goes beyond just killing zombies and a game where the gameply is taken and applied against soldiers or lizards of whathaveyou would be just as exciting. Zombies may perk the interest but they dont make the game good.

Dude you play Left for fucking dead. Tell me any type of structure at all with the majority of pub games? At least in TF2 you don't have people ragequitting on a whim and crying like babies 24/7.

Plus man, no offense, but what did you play TF2 for a week and only played pyro? That right there shows you gave it no chance. No wonder you felt like you had no real "team".

I don't understand that part either, sure pubs can be ridiculous, but there are PLENTY of acceptable and fun pub servers with decent team players. PA is a perfect example of people communicating and working as a team.

I just sometimes think you can't even believe the bs that comes out of your mouth D:

Ok back to L4D ;-)

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I've found it best to either ignore ZM's comments or simply take him as some sort of crazy uncle waffling along.

Just smile and nod.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Ash of YewAsh of Yew Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'm sure multiple people already suggested this, but I really think you should get to play as a normal zombie while you wait to spawn as a special infected. Also, a vs mode where you can choose to have one team only as zombies and the other survivors, because really if I wanted to play as the survivors I'd just play the normal campaign.

Ash of Yew on
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Also i think its a fair stretch to say that the gameplay of L4D goes beyond just killing zombies and a game where the gameply is taken and applied against soldiers
    O_o

What game have you played with soldiers is anything like L4D? Was it one where they turned armies into zombies?

Quid on
    edited June 2009
    I've found it best to either ignore ZM's comments or simply take him as some sort of crazy uncle waffling along.

Just smile and nod.
    Yea sometimes I feel I should comment, due to the sheer audacity of some of his posts, but I think I'm just going to not do that ever again.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Don't you understand Quid?

WE ARE THE ZOMBIES.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
    edited June 2009

Dude you play Left for fucking dead. Tell me any type of structure at all with the majority of pub games? At least in TF2 you don't have people ragequitting on a whim and crying like babies 24/7.

Plus man, no offense, but what did you play TF2 for a week and only played pyro? That right there shows you gave it no chance. No wonder you felt like you had no real "team".

I don't understand that part either, sure pubs can be ridiculous, but there are PLENTY of acceptable and fun pub servers with decent team players. PA is a perfect example of people communicating and working as a team.

I just sometimes think you can't even believe the bs that comes out of your mouth D:

Ok back to L4D ;-)

Ok to assess your points one by one

I play with pa people, cool pa people, we have alot of fun, im sure there are unstructured games but im not party to them. And i have played about 3 games with whining and bitching in them and ive bene playing for 5 months and about 400 hours. However in my experience of tf2 your claim of no crying like babies ies rediculous.

Ive played tf2 for about 30 hours all told, often an hour or two each time a patch comes out, ive had the game for about 2 years. You could say thats hypocrticial but hour spurts at intervals through 2 years actually does not add up to much, it piques my curiosity from time to time. WIthin this i have played every c;lass to a good degree so your comment is moot!

Not my experience of the servers you mention
    I just sometimes think you can't even believe the bs that comes out of your mouth

No-one debates my points, you assume your right and thus arrogantly use the term troll, one can assume to "fit in here" well if thats your aim go get em champ!

Zombie Monkey on
  • Mandalorian RoosterMandalorian Rooster Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Ash of Yew wrote: »
    I'm sure multiple people already suggested this, but I really think you should get to play as a normal zombie while you wait to spawn as a special infected. Also, a vs mode where you can choose to have one team only as zombies and the other survivors, because really if I wanted to play as the survivors I'd just play the normal campaign.

The first idea is good in theory, but it might screw with a team's ability to stratergize. I tend to spend that 20 seconds examining where I should I attack from, and if I should try and capitolize on the current situation, or just wait for my teammates to spawn. Spending that time by doing 1 damage at a time and dying to a stray bullet doesn't seem as useful.

And as for the other idea... I think it would be hard to find teams that want to go survivor 5 times in a row on versus. Very hard.

Mandalorian Rooster on
  • RobmanRobman Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    The 20 second timeout is important, the only way to win as infected is to set up a coordinated attack, unless the survivors are fucking awful

Robman on