As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

My First Car Accident

AirAir Registered User regular
edited March 2007 in Social Entropy++
wtf i was turning into the side street of a t junction from the far side of the street where i had a green light and everything

and traffic coming from the other direction can turn into the side street anytime as long as they look out for other cars turning in (such as me)

and some idiot lady in a mercedes is all 'nah im just gonna keep driving into you cos i got a green light even though it only applies to people going straight and has no effect on the turn'

thanks dumb lady
for denting my car
i hope your insurance goes way up

darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
Air on

• KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    edited March 2007
    wtf

Knob on
  • CG FaggotryCG Faggotry BristolRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Maybe you dinged her, though.

CG Faggotry on
    bulbesssigfinal.jpg
  • AirAir Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    she got a bit of a dent too but so what

fuck her

it wasnt a bad hit but it was the bumper of her heavy mercedes into the side of my papier mache toyota echo

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • OdenOden Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Take joy in knowing it will probably cost her twenty times more to fix the damages to her car than the damage to your Echo.

Oden on
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Oden wrote: »
    Take joy in knowing it will probably cost her twenty times more to fix the damages to her car than the damage to your Echo.

Hell, he could probably replace the echo for the cost of the repairs to her car.

Taramoor on
  • Wrench N RocketsWrench N Rockets Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    That'll teach you to turn...from the far lane...at a T junction...and her...to...not do...whatever it is she did...that was wrong.

Man, can you make a chart or something? I have no idea what happened.

Wrench N Rockets on
    sig_lambo.jpg
    edited March 2007
    untitlediw9.png

I think that's what happened.

Even if it is wrong, it was a woman in a Mercedes.

They are always, always in the wrong.

Oden on
  • tsplittertsplitter Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Taramoor wrote: »

Hell, he could probably replace the echo for the cost of the repairs to her car.

im sure that will make him feel better

tsplitter on
    FqmsaJ6.png
  • DaySleeperDaySleeper regular
    edited March 2007
    People who turn into the wrong lane piss me right off. If you are in the far-right lane before the turn, you turn into the far right lane. You do not just arbitrarily select a lane and go for it regardless of what people around you are doing.

DaySleeper on
    magnum%20pi%20ferrari.jpeg
    Unofficial PA IRC chat: #paforums at irc.slashnet.org
  • bongibongi regular
    edited March 2007
    brrrrummmm, cars

bongi on
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I have only been in one real accident, and it was so my fault. I looked to the left for a second because I saw something flash and I was like, "Hey, what the heck was that," and then I looked back forward and the car in front of me had slammed his brakes but I didn't see at first because I had turned and also because we were going over a hill, and I slammed my brakes but I just barely nudged him. Amazingly his Ford Focus didn't have a mark on it, but my Blazer's bumper was dented. He checked his car out and was like, "Well, there's nothing wrong, I guess we can go on our way," and that is probably the most relieved I've ever been.

And then I got my new Camry and someone backed into it in the parking lot while I was at work and so I don't know who fucking did it and goddamn it still annoys me.

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Wrench N RocketsWrench N Rockets Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Even if it is wrong, it was a woman in a Mercedes.

They are always, always in the wrong.

Good point. I missed that part.

Wrench N Rockets on
    sig_lambo.jpg
    edited March 2007
    The worst are mothers with Range Rovers, X5s, Cayennes, M-Class', Land Cruisers and so on who all quadruple park in two way streets while waiting to pick up their stupid kids from school.

PS school zones are retarded and I shouldn't be forced to drive 40 during peak hour traffic on a six lane highway for less than 100 meters
    especially when the school is a highschool
    why do school zones even exist for highschools

Oden on
    edited March 2007
    acc.jpg

well okay oden basically got it i think
    this basically just adds the traffic island which she was supposed to wait at behind the dotted line, but she kept going and hit me about where the word 'traffic' is

the other thing is that the main road is 6 lanes wide, so i can only go with a green turn signal which i had

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    If you own a Mercedes that means you can do what you want on the road, it is in the T&C of the contract.

Bad-Beat on
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    DaySleeper wrote: »
    People who turn into the wrong lane piss me right off. If you are in the far-right lane before the turn, you turn into the far right lane. You do not just arbitrarily select a lane and go for it regardless of what people around you are doing.

Some asshole did that to me this morning. Apparently I was just supposed to know he wanted the right hand lane even though he was in the left lane and I should not have been in his way. He is a very busy man.

Edit:

So I'm guessing Air had a green arrow for a right turn and this lady made a left turn any time with a yield into the same physical space. Bitch needs to learn what fucking yield means.

Hunter on
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    yeah if crazy aussie land is anything like AMERICA then you had the right of way and you should tell her so

Raneados on
  • Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I blame Grand Theft Auto for all this.

Bad-Beat on
    edited March 2007
    and holy fuck i just realised something
    she said she had a green light, which is only for people going straight anyway

except it couldnt have been green because i was able to turn across the whole intersection with my green light

that bitch

there is something else
    she was asian
    and like, 60 years old

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
    edited March 2007
    Hunter wrote: »

Some asshole did that to me this morning. Apparently I was just supposed to know he wanted the right hand lane even though he was in the left lane and I should not have been in his way. He is a very busy man.

I like when people are all "wooo!" and indicate for 0.5seconds midway through the turn and act like those are the magic words for me to move over
    remember
    this is mid turn
    dont worry about that median strip, oncoming traffic and wide variety of steel poles

Oden on
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    she might have had a green light if there wasn't a filter light

I'm not familiar with the left turn rules in Australia

Raneados on
    edited March 2007
    Air wrote: »
    and holy fuck i just realised something
    she said she had a green light, which is only for people going straight anyway

except it couldnt have been green because i was able to turn across the whole intersection with my green light

that bitch

there is something else
    she was asian
    and like, 60 years old

If your traffic signs are anything like in the states, there was a yield/caution sign for her turn. She needs to stop if there is traffic coming through, not just go willy nilly into the street using her Force powers to prevent collisions between solid objects.

Hunter on
    edited March 2007
    That woman was so wrong and she could have really truly killed herself

in that situation the only traffic that is moving are all the cars turning right
    so yeah, she was supposed to wait and is a huge moron face

Oden on
  • DaySleeperDaySleeper regular
    edited March 2007
    We have an intersection where there are three one way streets and one two-way street with funny angles. You can make a right turn from the one way to the other one way at any time (from any lane) as long as it's clear. I have seen two people, total, turn into the correct lane while making this right turn. I drive through this intersection almost every day.

DaySleeper on
    magnum%20pi%20ferrari.jpeg
    Unofficial PA IRC chat: #paforums at irc.slashnet.org
    edited March 2007
    as ruling Golden God, I have deemed this woman to be in the wrong and command her to pay all bills and expenses and then do 20 pushups

Raneados on
    edited March 2007
    Hunter wrote: »

I like when people are all "wooo!" and indicate for 0.5seconds midway through the turn and act like those are the magic words for me to move over
    remember
    this is mid turn
    dont worry about that median strip, oncoming traffic and wide variety of steel poles

The best are the people who feel like making a right turn from the far left lane of a 3 lane road. I've seen a woman go perpendicular to traffic to get from the left and go into a Dunkin Donuts. She was quite lucky I did not have a hunting rifle in the Jeep that day.

Hunter on
  • tsplittertsplitter Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I hate those pedestrians that try to trick you into hitting them by walking on the sidewalks and going into buildings

yeah as if my car cant follow you in there

tsplitter on
    FqmsaJ6.png
    edited March 2007
    I am a tremendous driver and it makes me sad that my car is a giant heap of shit.
    But it is not like I've been driving it a lot lately.

This is not entirely because the brake rotors and rear bushings need to be replaced.
    Apparently "stopping" is an important of the automotive process.

Oden on
  • SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    :(

I thought this was going to be a thread about how you had Taco Bell for dinner and then didn't quite make the race home quick enough.

:(

SeñorAmor on
    edited March 2007
    well it is very clear cut
    should be fun if she still tries to claim it was my fault somehow

oden dont drive a crap car
    buy one with brakes
    then when you are bored you can stop short on busy roads and kill an hour or so arguing with the guy who crashed into you from behind about sudden braking vs leaving distance between the car in front
    and then they will have to pay because they should have left a gap

tip: do this when there is an expensive car like a porsche or a ferrari behind you
    they have good brakes so there is a chance they may stop in time, but if they dont the payoff would be hilarious

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
    edited March 2007
    Man I can't afford to buy half my text books let alone another car.

Besides a VS Commodore is a giant manly tank and is fun to drive when it works.

Oden on
  • Wise_aWise_a Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Raneados wrote: »
    as ruling Golden God, I have deemed this woman to be in the wrong and command her to pay all bills and expenses and then do 20 pushups

Goblin King?

sharaandthegoblinkingcloseanddancin.jpg

goblinkindonstairs.jpg

Wise_a on
    edited March 2007
    Guys I'm gonna go eat breakfast

PRAY FOR MEEEEE

Raneados on
  • Wise_aWise_a Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Raneados wrote: »
    Guys I'm gonna go eat breakfast

PRAY FOR MEEEEE
    What are you gonna have photobagel?

Wise_a on
  • StarfuckStarfuck Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    toyota echo?

thank god you're alive

Starfuck on
    jackfaces
    "If you're going to play tiddly winks, play it with man hole covers."
    - John McCallum
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007

That pisses me off also and I see people do it all the fucking time.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
    edited March 2007
    People who change lanes in the middle of an intersection piss me off.

You're in the far lane and I want to turn into the near lane and just before I turn, you decide to change lanes in the intersection.

FUCK YOU, BUDDY.

SeñorAmor on
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Of course you must realize that not all drivers are always completely familiar with the location they are in, and thus not as learned on the layout of the road.

Javen on
    edited March 2007
    Javen wrote: »
    Of course you must realize that not all drivers are always completely familiar with the location they are in, and thus not as learned on the layout of the road.

That's why God (Geek-signal activated) made traffic signs and invented common sense.

SeñorAmor on
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Javen wrote: »

That's why God (Geek-signal activated) made traffic signs and invented common sense.

I doubt the majority of the populace here is equipped to deal judgements regarding common sense.

Javen on