As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Ghostbusters - Out NOW! - Bustin' makes us feel good.

• maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Gonna swing by Toys R Us on the way home, grab a print ad, and then swing over to Best Buy to get 'em to match it.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • TachTach Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'm highly considering braving GameStop to get the grey suit code. It's really tempting.

Tach on
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Guys, I found some of my Ghostbusters action figures.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    With any luck, if we have unique codes here, Im gonna steal them all MWUHAUAHUAHUA.

DarkWarrior on
  • MasterOfPupetsMasterOfPupets Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    This game gets pretty hard pretty quickly, and the teamate AI isn't that good, but I still love it for what it is. Ghostbusting was never so fun.

The scariest place in the game has to be
    the children's reading room in the public library

I damn near shit my pants.

MasterOfPupets on
    XBL = MoP54
    PSN = PessimistMaximus
    camo_sig2.png
  • ThreepioThreepio New Westminster, BCRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Typo on the back of the box. "inonline"

Yes, I'm dying to go home.

Threepio on
    142.jpg
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    So is this good, guys?

MikeMan on
  • OmnomnomPancakeOmnomnomPancake Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Long load screens. Theme will drive us all mad.

OmnomnomPancake on
  • TachTach Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Long load screens. Theme will drive us all mad.
    As long as it's not the original PC Whatever-bit version of the song, I'll take it like a man.

Tach on
  • IDDQDIDDQD Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I could honestly nitpick this game to death, but I'm having too much fun to care really. I got the 360 version, as well as the Blu ray release (celebrating Ghostbusters Day in style). I'm about four levels in, with my favorite being:
    The Library - seriously the game just came together for me on this level. Every time I passed by the stacked books, I'd say to myself "symmetrical book stacking". I'd say I was pretty immersed. The Grey Lady fight was kinda lame though, those book stands were a bitch to hit with 30 book bats flying at me

I'm really liking how the proton pack modifications stay pretty canon as well, as well as super fun to use. In all of the vids leading up to the release I just wasn't sure if I wanted them to tamper with my favorite sci-fi gun of all time.

IDDQD on
    Live: Flynnt Loch | PSN: FlynntLoch | Steam: flynnt_loch
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited June 2009
    So I'm a good way into the game, past the museum, and I found the best little bonus thing. You know how they have those cursed artifacts?
    Well, in the hotel on your second time through, you can find a pair of possessed bell-bottom jeans, and when you grab them it plays a funky little disco tune.

DJ Eebs on
    edited June 2009
    So this is out this week in the UK and I havent seen a single advert yet.

DarkWarrior on
  • HboxHbox Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I don't know how it compares to the 360 version but the PS3 version of this game looks like ass. The environments look like they could have easily been done on the PS2. And while I like them using music from the movies I could have done without using the same little piece of music over and over during fights. I'm only past the
    Times Square

level and I'm already sick of it.

Other than that good times.

Hbox on
    720551nt8.png
    PSN ID : HBoxx
  • xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Heir wrote: »
    Last night while fighting hobo ghosts I found what happens when you cross the streams....ouch....just ouch.

Instant death?

All life as you know it stopping instantly, and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.

xzzy on
  • HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Also not sure about the comparisons, but the 360 environments look great. Not as good as some 360 games, but I can't think of many with as much destructible scenery that look a great deal better.

The character animations look a bit weird sometimes. You can't really see it with the proton packs on, but when the packs aren't there, your character seems to have a very weirdly jointed back.

Hevach on
  • TheSonicRetardTheSonicRetard Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    So I went to pick up my preorder and they asked me which version I wanted. I had the PS3 version preordered, but since they were giving me a choice, I picked up the 360 version, since it's apparently better with shorter loading times.

Plus I got a little marshmellow man squeeze doll.

I'm gonna eat my 99cent chicken nuggets then dive into this game.

BUSTIN' MAKES ME FEEL GOOD!

TheSonicRetard on
  • HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    xzzy wrote: »
    Heir wrote: »
    Last night while fighting hobo ghosts I found what happens when you cross the streams....ouch....just ouch.

Instant death?

All life as you know it stopping instantly, and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.

Hey now, there is definitely a slim chance we could survive.

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    are there comparison shots between the 360 and ps3 versions?

Ah_Pook on
    edited June 2009
    Ah_Pook wrote: »

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=16318575&postcount=178

TheSonicRetard on
  • PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Man, I just have this big goofy grin on my face all the time while playing this game.

I also get an uncontrollable urge to eat doritos. Anyone else get that? I like the part where you fight the Sta-Puft Marshmallow Man. In between two giant doritos billboards. Or the big fight surrounded by doritos trucks. And the doritos posters lining every wall.

Not that I find it really immersion breaking, or anything.

PolloDiablo on
  • HawkHawk ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Just for those who haven't gotten the GameStop Ghostbusters.

The code is a Marketplace DLC code inside the game box.

Hawk on
  • xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

Jesus, it's like the PS3 is playing on an s-video connection. Were those screenshots actually done on comparable setups?

xzzy on
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

Jesus, it's like the PS3 is playing on an s-video connection. Were those screenshots actually done on comparable setups?

i was wondering this as well. those shots are... wow.

Ah_Pook on
  • LavaKnightLavaKnight Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Just realized this was released for PC, so I wont have to choose between the Wii version or going without. Is the PC version an ok port of the PS3/360 versions, or is it still too early to know?

Edit: Ah, I see that it doesn't have multiplayer. Well that's just stupid...

LavaKnight on
    edited June 2009

Supposedly

I dunno, I think the blur is bullshit. Others have noticed a noticeably lower texture quality, though.

I chose the 360 version based off what is obvious - the lack of glowing embers, the shorter load times when installed, etc.

TheSonicRetard on
    edited June 2009
    here's an example of an obviously lower quality texture:
    vlcsnap-277604.jpg

you'd have to be watching this shit side by side, and be anal as all holy hell to care about this stuff, though.

edit: spoiler'd for h-scroll

TheSonicRetard on
    edited June 2009
    Its not like the PS3 can't handle this stuff, looks like the developers got lazy/inept.

DarkWarrior on
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Uncanny valley!

Uncanny valley!

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • ScottyScotty Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

I gotta say, I'm playing the PS3 version, and it does NOT look as bad as the screens in that comparison...not even close. The screens for the PS3 there are way too bright and washed over, and the textures are WAY too blurry. I swear they must have played the game on 2 separate TVs...360 on an HDTV, and the PS3 on a standard TV through composite.

I dunno, I'm really pleased with how the PS3 version looks.o_O

*edit* Dammit, I took too long writing up my post...you guys kinda covered it already, oh well...yeah.

Scotty on
  • CobellCobell Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    So I'm a good way into the game, past the museum, and I found the best little bonus thing. You know how they have those cursed artifacts?
    Well, in the hotel on your second time through, you can find a pair of possessed bell-bottom jeans, and when you grab them it plays a funky little disco tune.

The best part is that when you get back to the firehouse; the pants are there, and they will follow you around the firehouse.

Also, in hotel when you first get there
    anyone else notice that when the 12th floor floods, a starfish is on your proton pack! If you just watch it, it moves all over your pack through the level.

Cobell on
    edited June 2009
    Its not like the PS3 can't handle this stuff, looks like the developers got lazy/inept.

The PS3 was even the lead console.

TheSonicRetard on
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

There is more definition in the pack and gear... but at least the PS3 doesnt make Bill look like he just got plugs in.

Jubal77 on
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    so...any word on the PC version? $30 on steam for motherfucking Ghostbusters is enticing.

But not impulse buy enticing.

Dr_Keenbean on
    PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
    edited June 2009
    so...any word on the PC version? $30 on steam for motherfucking Ghostbusters is enticing.

no co-op or multiplayer at all.

TheSonicRetard on
  • HavelockHavelock Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Damn, $30 dollars on steam? That's really close to impulse buying for me.

EDIT: No co-op or multi on the PC? Aw, nevermind.

Havelock on
    edited June 2009
    Also, the DLC won't be hitting the PC version.

TheSonicRetard on
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009

Half price for half the game that I won't play anyway is a fair trade. I guess I'm asking how it plays/looks?

Basically is it worth my $30? Or is it a sloppy port?

It's worth noting that I have a pretty sick gaming rig and a 360 controller plugged into it.

Tell me this is a good idea and that it's as awesome as I hope it is.

Dr_Keenbean on
    PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • HavelockHavelock Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Also, the DLC won't be hitting the PC version.

Wow. Really? They have no plans to release the DLC for the PC at all? What the fuck is this? Sloppy seconds?

Havelock on
    edited June 2009

Half price for half the game that I won't play anyway is a fair trade. I guess I'm asking how it plays/looks?

Basically is it worth my $30? Or is it a sloppy port?

It's worth noting that I have a pretty sick gaming rig and a 360 controller plugged into it.

Tell me this is a good idea and that it's as awesome as I hope it is.

EDIT: Spoiler'd for h-scroll

TheSonicRetard on
  • CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009

Somehow I doubt this. Or conversely, I doubt the compentancy of the developer with the PS3 hardware. The hardware is capable of so much more (as we've seen in plenty of other games), it just seems like the developer either wasn't willing or wasn't able to tap into that power. Maybe they were more comfortable developing for the 360, so they tried to shoe-horn those skills into making the PS3 version, which isn't a great fit.

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire