As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

GOP: Internet Forum Is Liberal Echo Chamber

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Russell wrote: »
    Supposedly he's taking a break to "recharge"

http://www.wistv.com/global/story.asp?s=10574191

Alright lets start the bets

2.5/1 Rehab (alcohol)
    3/1 Rehab (prescription)
    3/1 Rehab (narcotics)
    4/1 Psychotic break

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    wwtMask wrote: »
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    For a fun thought experiment, replace every mention of Islam in that interview with Christianity and do the mental math on how long the person who said the resulting things would remain on TV.

Edit: Apparently Mark "Fuck The Stimulus Money" Sanford has disappeared. Awesome.

He's in an undisclosed and secure location.
    Undisclosed to anyone but his Chief of Staff it sounds like. Even the wife doesn't know. Cable news jockeys are throwing around language about his mental state.

His wife was quoted with a wonderful "he said he had to get away from the kids".

Oh, 2012. You are going to be awesome.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    For a fun thought experiment, replace every mention of Islam in that interview with Christianity and do the mental math on how long the person who said the resulting things would remain on TV.

Edit: Apparently Mark "Fuck The Stimulus Money" Sanford has disappeared. Awesome.

He's in an undisclosed and secure location.
    Undisclosed to anyone but his Chief of Staff it sounds like. Even the wife doesn't know. Cable news jockeys are throwing around language about his mental state.

His wife was quoted with a wonderful "he said he had to get away from the kids".

Oh, 2012. You are going to be awesome.

Haha, isn't "spending more time with his family" the classic excuse?

KalTorak on
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    PantsB wrote: »

2.5/1 Rehab (alcohol)
    3/1 Rehab (prescription)
    3/1 Rehab (narcotics)
    4/1 Psychotic break

Odds for "Had sex with a gay guy and is now in prayer-rehab to get straight"?

Delzhand on
  • Options
    ChopperDaveChopperDave Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    My libertarian acquaintances on Facebook are going insane today. Some choice quotes:

"I hate Obama, what a fucking ass clown!"
    "you shouldnt hate, but i understand where your comin from. besides, he is only a willing pawn, in a cruel game."
    "uncle tom"
    "Barack Obama, or the Bionic Artificial Reasoning And Computing Kyke-hating Organism Bent on AMerican Annihilation, is nothing more than a sophisticated Holographic automaton. How can anyone hate science? Even if that science was programed for destruction"

It's amazing how far a simple anti-smoking bill goes in motivating the Ron Paul Revolutionaries to a diarrheic discharge of conspiratorial vitriol.

ChopperDave on
    3DS code: 3007-8077-4055
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Delzhand wrote: »

2.5/1 Rehab (alcohol)
    3/1 Rehab (prescription)
    3/1 Rehab (narcotics)
    4/1 Psychotic break

This is usually preceded by a tearful press conference.

Sudden disappearance is more indicative of either a) an ongoing affair, or b) legally shady activity.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    My libertarian acquaintances on Facebook are going insane today. Some choice quotes:

"you shouldnt hate, but i understand where your comin from. besides, he is only a willing pawn, in a cruel game."
    "uncle tom"
    "Barack Obama, or the Bionic Artificial Reasoning And Computing Kyke-hating Organism Bent on AMerican Annihilation, is nothing more than a sophisticated Holographic automaton. How can anyone hate science? Even if that science was programed for destruction"

It's amazing how far a simple anti-smoking bill goes in motivating the Ron Paul Revolutionaries to a diarrheic discharge of conspiratorial vitriol.

As gibbering-crazy that is, I'm always one to appreciate an extended nonsensical-acronym.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    KalTorak wrote: »

"uncle tom"

As gibbering-crazy that is, I'm always one to appreciate an extended nonsensical-acronym.

That acronym makes MODOK suddenly seem very sensible.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    Kyke-hating is a confusing term.

Like, is he upset with Obama for "hating kykes"? If so, why would he call then kykes?

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

Like, is he upset with Obama for "hating kykes"? If so, why would he call then kykes?

Some of my best friends are kykes.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Yeah, I personally take offense whenever I hear someone in the public insults one of those greedy crookednosed-weasels.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    You know, I'm not sure we ought to be throwing around that word so casually. I mean, it's somewhat like the n word, right?

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    edited June 2009

I don't know, man. The guy is from my synagogue, so I'm guessing that in his twisted brain, Obama's slightly harder stance towards Israel and secret Muslimness makes him a Jew-hater, or something. I guess "kyke" was the only thing that fit in his backronym?

ChopperDave on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    You're saying the B.A.R.A.C.K. guy is Jewish?

And you're right, wwt.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    DuffelDuffel jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I don't know what's sadder; synagogue-attending Jews using the "k" word, or the fact that they didn't even spell it right.

Duffel on
  • Options
    EmanonEmanon __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    You know, I'm not sure we ought to be throwing around that word so casually. I mean, it's somewhat like the n word, right?

It is but as half-Jew myself I only use it around my fellow kykes, kyke please, so you can't use it. Because you know us Jews don't deserve a Jewish history month as we only suffered through slavery twice and a holocaust. I guess our minority is less interesting in the US. Sorry about the tangent but I hate when other minorities still play the victim.

Emanon on
    Treats Animals Right!
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Yeah, B.A.R.A.C.K. guy is Jewish. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, it seems that more and more reform Jews are becoming either aggressive neocons or idiotic libertarians. Even my own mom, though sane, has a pretty mean libertarian (and on issues like Israel and Iran, neo-conservative) streak. I haven't gone to services in years, I wonder if it's something in the water over there?

And yeah, nasty racial slurs are nasty. Probably a good idea to refrain from that one in the future, I'll be sure to edit it out from future editions of "Chopper Dave's crazy libertarian Facebook acquaintances."

ChopperDave on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited June 2009
    Emanon wrote: »

It is but as half-Jew myself I only use it around my fellow kykes, kyke please, so you can't use it. Because you know us Jews don't deserve a Jewish history month as we only suffered through slavery twice and a holocaust. I guess our minority is less interesting in the US. Sorry about the tangent but I hate when other minorities still play the victim.

I know you struggle mightily with rather basic concepts, but you do realize the US never enslaved Jews, nor did we perpetrate the Holocaust, nor have Jews in the US been denied the basic dignity of their own culture by having their names, histories, and countries of origin taken away from them. So yeah, blacks get a "history month" - I suggest you cry about it.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Delzhand wrote: »

2.5/1 Rehab (alcohol)
    3/1 Rehab (prescription)
    3/1 Rehab (narcotics)
    4/1 Psychotic break

This is usually preceded by a tearful press conference.

Sudden disappearance is more indicative of either a) an ongoing affair, or b) legally shady activity.

New theory based on his wife not knowing where he was and the fact that it was Father's Day.

Illegitimate child FTW!

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited June 2009
    moniker wrote: »
    No you're right its real and its with the only ever (so far) Muslim member of Congress, Representative Ellison.

Glenn Beck all up in Bigottown

There is not enough D: on the internet.

D:D:D:D:
    D:..........D:
    D:.............D:....D:D:
    D:.............D:

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    TachTach Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

I thought it said "Kyle-hating".

I was all, like, "Dude, what has he got against Kyles? Generally, dudes named Kyle are pretty cool."

Tach on
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    :lol:

How many times did you try it with just spaces before going with periods, Jeffe?

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    No you're right its real and its with the only ever (so far) Muslim member of Congress, Representative Ellison.

..........D:.........................D:
    ................D:D:D:D:D:
    .............D:.....................D:
    ..........D:..........................D:
    .........D:............................D:
    .........D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

I'm fairly sure this is why Fox hired him

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    EvanderEvander Disappointed Father Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

I'm fairly sure this is why Fox hired him

What is really scary is that he puts these quotes in to his book

he MEANT to say that stuff

he uses most of it as proof that he's not a hatemonger

Evander on
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited June 2009
    :lol:

How many times did you try it with just spaces before going with periods, Jeffe?

>.>

<.<

Too many.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    EvanderEvander Disappointed Father Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I was going to transcribe the book, but basically it's a waste of time.

What Beck uses to defend himself is the phrase "And I know you're not."

He claims that people vilify him by taking his statement out of the context of that qualifier, but if people see the full comment he made, "What I feel like Saying is, 'Sir, prove to me that you are not working with our enemies." And I know you're not."

THAT is his defense. Let me try it out:

Hey ElJeffe, what I feel like saying is, "You are a fucking douchebag." And I know you're not

Was that unoffensive?
    All apologies, of course, ElJeffe. You are a gentleman and a scholar.

Evander on
  • Options
    VeritasVRVeritasVR Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    It's sort of like "With All Due Respect" in that regard.
    Sir, with all due respect, that idea is fucking loony and you are a fucking loon.

Did I do it right?

VeritasVR on
    CoH_infantry.jpg
    Let 'em eat fucking pineapples!
  • Options
    edited June 2009

Oh, you mean like you did just there? You just sound like a whiny, ignorant douchebag trying to make a stupid point about how you're so offended that you can't use the N-word. The beautiful thing is that you can use that word, only people will think you're a racist fuck and, quite frankly, you'll deserve the scorn you receive as a result. Anyway, good job turning shit around to how oppressed you feel by common decency and accepted social behavior.

wwtMask on
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I once told a first-year student whose mock trial I was one of the judges to never use "With all due respect" because it's intellectually dishonest and as a term consitutes the most disingenuous four words in the English language while the RL appeals court judge sitting next to me just nodded.

So I figure I may as well put it out there for you all to take to any douchebag who uses that term.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    VeritasVR wrote: »
    It's sort of like "With All Due Respect" in that regard.
    Sir, with all due respect, that idea is fucking loony and you are a fucking loon.

Did I do it right?

Bless her heart, she shouldn't have been wearing those slutty clothes when she was raped.

Couscous on
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2009

D:D:D:D:D:............................................................D:D:D:
    D:D:D:D:D:D:......................................................D:.........D:
    D:D:D:D:D:D:......................................................D:...........D:
    D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:..........D:
    D:D:D:D:D:............................................................................D:
    D:D:D:D:.................................................................................D:
    D:D:D:D:.................................................................................D:
    D:D:D:D:D:............................................................................D:
    D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:..........D:
    D:D:D:D:D:D:......................................................D:...........D:
    D:D:D:D:D:D:......................................................D:.........D:
    D:D:D:D:D:............................................................D:D:D:

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    What is that supposed to be?

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

You mean May?

If you're going to pretend to act aggrieved you might want to do some basic research first.

moniker on
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009

...just in case you're not joking...

A wang. A dong. A dork. A dick. A willy. A jimmy. A wing-wong. A shaft. A cock. A piece of pork. A stiffy. A prick. A John Thomas. A todger. A plonker. A tonker. A percy. Plums + carrot.

A penis, is what I'm trying to say.

And not a very happy one. Perhaps because it thinks it's being compared to Glenn Beck, which would be an insult to actual vipers, let alone one-eyed trouser snakes.

Shadowen on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

Way to live up to your handle?

Scooter on
  • Options
    DuffelDuffel jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Shadowen wrote: »
    A wang. A dong. A dork. A dick. A willy. A jimmy. A wing-wong. A shaft. A cock. A piece of pork. A stiffy. A prick. A John Thomas. A todger. A plonker. A tonker. A percy. Plums + carrot.

A penis, is what I'm trying to say.

And not a very happy one. Perhaps because it thinks it's being compared to Glenn Beck, which would be an insult to actual vipers, let alone one-eyed trouser snakes.
    Somebody really needs to sig this, but I think I'm happy being unsigged.

In any case, Beck seems to be one of those people who thinks that any horrendously offensive statement is cleansed by prefacing it with a half-assed and insincere positive statement. You don't just see it in political circles, though; it's more of a personality type than anything.

"I mean, Angie is my friend and everything, but lately she's been a huge bitch and I'm sick of listening to her bullshit and all her fucking problems and I wish she'd just shut the fuck up sometimes, I fucking hate that shit"

You also see it a lot in the "I'm not racist, but..." variety.

Duffel on
  • Options
    GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'd always hoped he was paid to say and do these awful things.
    Late for a reply, but:

Him getting paid to say and do these things is the equivelant of you getting paid to recieve Blow Jobs from any women of your choosing twice a day.

Gaddez on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I meant that I hoped he wasn't sincere when he said and did these things.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Scooter wrote: »

Way to live up to your handle?
    Whuh?

Captain Carrot on
This discussion has been closed.