As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

so i went to the hospital for the first time ever

• FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Quoth wrote: »
    my dad was addicted to morphine for a week or so

stressed his body the fuck out

A few of my friends went on a serious oxycontin binge

It was all well and good until they stopped, and became dope-sick and irate and totally fucked up

Painkillers are nasty stuff. Even though they make you feel better then anything in the whole world. Especially if you mix morphine with oc/codeine/etc.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • TrexyTrexy Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    where do you live?

Trexy on
    edited June 2009
    Virgina

To my knowledge, you can get synthetic THC pills in certain parts of the state if you have terminal cancer, but other then that it's all out. Which is asinine, because they want me to take physically addictive benziodiazapenes instead of weed, which is way less threatening and achieves the same approximate level of anxiety mitigation and life-dealing-with-ability.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • KovakKovak did a lot of drugs married cher?Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    i believe in and am fascinated by marijuanas medical qualities

Kovak on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited June 2009
    Things really shouldn't be going in my butt anyways.

Unknown User on
  • Drew-BDrew-B Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    What you need in order to escape the ill effects of weed...is self-motivation and self-control.

If you don't have that, you're likely to become a stereotype stoner.

I have this theory that people who smoke pot don't necessarily become lazy. But rather, if you're lazy, AND you smoke pot, you'll probably become that stereotype.

Drew-B on
    edited June 2009
    I've found the secret to avoiding pathetic stonerdom is merely to avoid smoking in the mornings or prior to acting responsible, or whatever the average stoners equivalent of responsible is

I found that when I had a bowlpack at the end of the day to motivate me I was substantially happier, more secure, and more likely to get everything done knowing that I had earned that evanescent, wonderful, stoney rest at the end of the day.

Now I really want a bong hit.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • thorpethorpe Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    A hit before bed is quite delightful, although if I'm not careful it tends to cause grogginess in the morning.

thorpe on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    Fandyien wrote: »
    I've found the secret to avoiding pathetic stonerdom is merely to avoid smoking in the mornings or prior to acting responsible, or whatever the average stoners equivalent of responsible is

I found that when I had a bowlpack at the end of the day to motivate me I was substantially happier, more secure, and more likely to get everything done knowing that I had earned that evanescent, wonderful, stoney rest at the end of the day.

lets live together
    work hard all day, get home, one hard bong hit and go about your life

Trexy on
    edited June 2009
    thorpe wrote: »
    A hit before bed is quite delightful, although if I'm not careful it tends to cause grogginess in the morning.

A hit before bed, and then laying back and falling asleep to a podcast was how I got through some of my shittier years in college working manual labor jobs.

Drew-B on
    edited June 2009
    Trexy wrote: »

lets live together

Well, I prefer more like three or four bowlpacks out of a decent sized bong, but it's really all about getting nice and toasted once you've accomplished everything you need to do.

What vexes me so regularly is the inability of my peers to reach this middle-ground

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
    edited June 2009
    Actually, I smoked all four years through college, and graduated with something like a 3.7 at my state school. Like I said, if you're self-motivated and smoke a little weed, there's really nothing to worry about. If you're a lazy shit and you start to smoke the weed, you're sort of fucked.

Drew-B on
    edited June 2009
    Trexy wrote: »

lets live together

Well, I prefer more like three or four bowlpacks out of a decent sized bong, but it's really all about getting nice and toasted once you've accomplished everything you need to do.

What vexes me so regularly is the inability of my peers to reach this middle-ground

really you just have to establish what it is you need to do that day and do it
    afterwards you can do whatever it is you please
    °~°

Trexy on
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2009
    the only thing that sucks more than a catheter is a tube up your butt
    but then how is the hamster supposed to get in there?

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Druhim wrote: »
    the only thing that sucks more than a catheter is a tube up your butt
    but then how is the hamster supposed to get in there?

the hamster can't get in through all the poop coming out

Quoth on
    edited June 2009
    Yeah. I was a lazy, ungrateful, overall assfuck in highschool. After my two friends left, I was the school pothead, and everyone knew it. It was good times but I'm glad I got them out of the way before I became a legal adult whose family has invested a great deal of quantifiable assets into the educatoin thereof, and I want to make the best of it.

I'm pretty glad I spent high school fucking around, skipping school, committing petty crimes, and getting fucked up for no reason. Because now I have no interest in doing that in college, where most people flip out and fuck themselves over.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
    edited June 2009
    the nicest part about weed is how not really inebriating it is

it allows a high functioning life style

Kovak on
    edited June 2009
    Weed isn't inebriating in the slightest

It saps my motivation to a degree and sort of mitigates my immediate interests when I'm mega high, but if it comes down to it, I am equally functional when toasted

Or at least I was. It's been a week so I hopefully my tolerance has decreased some, though four years of smoking five times a day preceding this might make that unlikely.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Drew-B wrote: »
    Actually, I smoked all four years through college, and graduated with something like a 3.7 at my state school. Like I said, if you're self-motivated and smoke a little weed, there's really nothing to worry about. If you're a lazy shit and you start to smoke the weed, you're sort of fucked.

I'm already a lazy fucker. If I smoked pot I'd be that stereotypical overweight pothead who lives in a rat's nest of an apartment and is a cereal afficionado.

Metalbourne on
    edited June 2009
    i get high and go to the gym at least 5 days a week

getting high gets me all pumped and motivated

Kovak on
    edited June 2009

I'm already a lazy fucker. If I smoked pot I'd be that stereotypical overweight pothead who lives in a rat's nest of an apartment and is a cereal afficionado.

The first step is accepting you are lazy.

The second step is hatefully, angrily, grudgingly, but successfully not being lazy most of the time. The third step is, at the end of that grudging series of events, getting hyper-lazy and eating like six bowls of cocoa puffs.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I've been to hospitals lots of times.

Hell I've even had major surgery. It was pretty sweet.

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Omega2112Omega2112 GW2 AKA: Robocow, Veristia Reaven Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    During my sophomore year of high school on November 12 of 2006 I went into the hospital. Got out December 16.

Apparently, I had this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wegener%27s_granulomatosis

I had to do...everything...lots and lots of pills, catheter in the wang, urinate orange/red pee in a bottle, wear a diaper and use it extensively and get wiped up by a nurse.

Lines in my thigh, chest, wrist, the inner part of the arm where the elbow is, kidney biopsy where I wasn't fully knocked out, hallucinations from drugs, including one nice one where I'm in a warm pool with three lovely nurses. I was knocked out for ten days. Feeding tube up the nose.

Plasmapheresis, something like 9 blood transfusions because of blood in my urine and pulmonary hemorrhaging.

I managed to get WoW and a 360 from awesome high school classmates. Still on some drugs though.

Omega2112 on
  • thorpethorpe Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    That is extraordinarily awful.

thorpe on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    Kovak wrote: »
    i get high and go to the gym at least 5 days a week

getting high gets me all pumped and motivated

This used to work for me, but not so much after these past years of constant smokeage. I usually smoke incredibly high grade indica, though, because my mental state is usually fine, and I appreciate the feeling stoned, munchy relaxation

But upon acquisition of light, high-grade sativas, I admit that waking up and taking a few hits can give you an awesome perspective on the day to come

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
    edited June 2009

The second step is hatefully, angrily, grudgingly, but successfully not being lazy most of the time. The third step is, at the end of that grudging series of events, getting hyper-lazy and eating like six bowls of cocoa puffs.

Actually, a guy I was in the military with explained it to me in a way that rang true in my mind and has been something I've lived by ever since: "Time management is just getting the stuff you have to do done as quickly as possible so that you have more time to screw around."

Metalbourne on
    edited June 2009
    Omega2112 wrote: »
    During my sophomore year of high school on November 12 of 2006 I went into the hospital. Got out December 16.

Apparently, I had this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wegener%27s_granulomatosis

I had to do...everything...lots and lots of pills, catheter in the wang, urinate orange/red pee in a bottle, wear a diaper and use it extensively and get wiped up by a nurse.

Lines in my thigh, chest, wrist, the inner part of the arm where the elbow is, kidney biopsy where I wasn't fully knocked out, hallucinations from drugs, including one nice one where I'm in a warm pool with three lovely nurses. I was knocked out for ten days. Feeding tube up the nose.

Plasmapheresis, something like 9 blood transfusions because of blood in my urine and pulmonary hemorrhaging.

I managed to get WoW and a 360 from awesome high school classmates. Still on some drugs though.

Wow, man. That is terrible. The worst part about taking lots of stuff for physical ailments is the havoc they wreak on your body while doing nothing mitigate the psychological pain that almost always prefaces.

Actually, a guy I was in the military with explained it to me in a way that rang true in my mind and has been something I've lived by ever since: "Time management is just getting the stuff you have to do done as quickly as possible so that you have more time to screw around."

Those are words to live by

Screwing around is only satisfying if it's prefaced by not screwing around

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    what the fuck is wrong with all of you

everyone here should be quarantined

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Canada_jezusCanada_jezus Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I've had plenty of tubes up my butt. It was alright.

Canada_jezus on
    edited June 2009
    I've never had anything in my butt

Other then poo

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Last time I went to hospital was when I dislocated my knee at a party

time before that was so they could hollow out my mastoid process deep inside my ear, for the 2nd time

The Black Hunter on
  • No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    So hey there was a big metro crash here yesterday.

9 people died

A train ran into the back of another which was stopped on the tracks.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/discussion/2009/06/23/DI2009062301245.html

http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0609/634125.html

Also I enjoy the attitude, "Oh man I almost died, but I didn't... hospitals are the worst!"

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    you know what you kids shouldn't ever do if a doctor gives you an option?

hydromorphone/dilaudid/palladone (same thing)

shit is amazing

too amazing

it will fix your pains and make you feel wonderful

have fun kicking it, though

took me near a fucking year

and i still get the itch at times

Pony on
  • AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I got an MRI once

I should have gone to the hospital at this point, but they failed to find anything of consequence

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    Someone was trying to sell me hydromorphone the other day

Methadone, too. I was just all "naw that sounds retarded but thanks anyway". It's easier to kick almost any habit then those sorts of heavy bullshit.

The reason I don't do that stuff anymore is because I remember the look in my best friend (at the time, a few years back) eyes after this terrifying criminal scumbag had given him a free line of heroin. There was nothing there. Totally devoid of the spark that indicates, this person is alive.

Fuck. That.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
    edited June 2009
    that said, when i was suffering from severe nerve pain from the shingles

holy god, i would have signed my soul away to end that pain

it remains the most painful thing i have ever personally experienced in my entire life

i still have nightmares about it

Pony on
    edited June 2009
    I've had plenty of tubes up my butt. It was alright.

Catheters and butt-tubes seem like they'd be pretty great for a lazy fucker like myself. Imagine an 18 hour video gaming session without bathroom breaks!

Metalbourne on
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I've been to the ER for emergency surgery without insurance.

That's a hell of an experience.

Jasconius on
    edited June 2009
    i've had catheters

they are unpleasant

when i had the stroke, i refused to have a catheter put in

when one of my legs was still paralyzed i one-armed myself into a wheelchair and got my dad to push me to the can and then i one-armed myself onto the toilet

because fuck catheters, seriously

Pony on
  • AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Pony, I know a bunch of your posts are "my dad is a scumbag and a dick," but that's pretty awesome

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]