As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WTF on] Colour-Changing Tingle's Love Balloon trip announced!

XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
edited July 2009 in Games and Technology
So, it seems we're getting a sequal to that Rosy Rupeeland thing that never made it to the US.
Unlike the last game, which revolved around getting enough money to build a tower to heaven, this one is apparently about womanising.
Just let yourself form horrible mental pictures for a moment.
newtingle.jpg

Anyway, the last one got an English-language release in Europe, so here's hoping this one follows suit.

Xagarath on

• Options
    GilderGilder Aw snap Macaroni PartyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Buff Tingle is the greatest thing the Zelda series has ever wrought. I got Rupeeland, so if this gets an english release I'll probably get this too.

Gilder on
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Leisure Suit Tingle?

Ah whatever. This will either be horrible or awesome. Or horribly awesome.

Here's hoping we get it.

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Please God let them translate it again! Rupeeland was fabulous as well as being fabulous.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    OpiumOpium regular
    edited June 2009
    The first one was (sadly, because I adore Tingle) unplayable for me because of the infamous rupee mess. I do hope they fix that system in this sequel so I can at least progress farther than 5 minutes into it before throwing the DS out of the window in frustration.

I also hope this will feature some spiffy DSi-exclusive features so the DSi doesn't feel like such a worthless upgrade anymore (though the improved/bigger screens are very nice in and of themselves).

Opium on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    This reminds me that I still haven't played Rupeeland. I can get it for cheap online, so maybe I should just buy it.

Peewi on
  • Options
    CowbombCowbomb Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    God, I fucking love Tingle. He's the best thing that's ever happened to gaming, I'm going to buy this so hard.

Y'know how quite a few people complain about Twilight Princess? Call it bland and stuff?

It's because there's no Tingle.

Cowbomb on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    OpiumOpium regular
    edited June 2009
    Cowbomb wrote: »
    God, I fucking love Tingle. He's the best thing that's ever happened to gaming, I'm going to buy this so hard.

Y'know how quite a few people complain about Twilight Princess? Call it bland and stuff?

There is Purlo though, some sort of Tingle clone IIRC.

Opium on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009

Especially after how amazing Tingle was in WW. He was equal parts hilarious and sinister. He was locked away by the townspeople.

He KIDNAPPED people and forced them to dress up and act like him!

It was awesome.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    CowbombCowbomb Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    -SPI- wrote: »

Especially after how amazing Tingle was in WW. He was equal parts hilarious and sinister. He was locked away by the townspeople.

He KIDNAPPED people and forced them to dress up and act like him!

It was awesome.

And he forces them to work as slaves on his private island.

Kooloo-Limpah, bitches!

Cowbomb on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So apparently, in this game Tingle is trapped in the "how to impress chicks" self-help book of doooooooom.
    Tingle's new adventure begins as the 35-year-old bachelor watches a suspicious direct sales program on television and learns of a book that promises to make its readers popular amongst the ladies. He orders the book, but when he opens it up, he finds himself sucked into the world of a picture book.

We're not sure entirely, but we presume Tingle's goal is to get back out of the book. Or maybe you'll end up helping him find the female companionship that he longs for so.

Tingle will definitely meet at least one girl. A mysterious pink-haired beauty suddenly appears before Tingle and shouts at him: "Don't look at me, you pervert!" Other scenes show the two fighting together.

Yes, fighting. Tingle's Balloon Trip of Love appears to have combat sequences that take on a variety of forms. You'll board vehicles to face off against giant foes, try your hand at a shooting game, and also work through 3D behind-the-back dungeons. We're not sure what the "main" combat system is, or even if there is one.

You control the action in Tingle's Balloon Trip via the stylus. You have access to a variety of tools, which include, based off the icons that appear in the magazine's screenshots, a slingshot, a glove, and a bottle of milk. Outside of these tools, a screen shows options for speaking and grabbing things.

Tingle can also rely on some Wizard of Oz-influenced friends to help him out. There's a cowardly lion, a sexy but apparently heartless robot, and a cheerful but mentally lacking scarecrow. The scarecrow is said to be small, allowing him to get into small spaces. The lion's strength can help you out on your quest once you've brought him into your party. Likewise for the robot's intelligence.

http://ds.ign.com/articles/100/1001922p1.html

Um.... 'kay?

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Dodge AspenDodge Aspen Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    That's not milk.:winky:

This looks so awesome and not awesome at the same time. I really want the first one to show up in these lands. I know I could import it, but my backlog has forced me to instill a "No overseas games" policy on myself. Helps me keep the massive stack a little in check.

EDIT: In other crazy Japanese DS news, there is another Chibi Robo game on the way. Now with extendable cord!

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/25457

Oh baby.

Dodge Aspen on
    Xbox - Dodge Mega
    Switch - SW-3699-5063-5018

• Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    What the heck? It's a Tingle dating sim... with combat!? I don't know if that's horrible or amazing. The ability to annoy your date so much that a battle ensues seems like it'd be hilarious, though.

Frem on