As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Ghostbusters is 25! Game's out!

• MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Don't worry, busting will sooth all.

Melding on
  • ZephosZephos Climbin in yo ski lifts, snatchin your people up. MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    i'm pretty sure i'm not going to have enough cash for Overlord II... so that makes me a sad panda. (especially since the reviews i've glassed over have been largely positive.)

Zephos on
    Xbox One/360: Penguin McCool
  • GRMikeGRMike The Last Best Hope for Humanity The God Pod Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Janson wrote: »
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I'll probably finish this up tomorrow, even though I'm on the last bit (I think, at least)

I may try and convince Rachel to watch Ghostbusters tonight

Hey!

I didn't really need convincing

You doods really need to cherish these women in your life. My woman said the other day (which prompted a spit take) "I really don't think I like Bill Murray."

I'm glad we have so much more in common...

GRMike on
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    GRMike wrote: »
    I'll probably finish this up tomorrow, even though I'm on the last bit (I think, at least)

Hey!

You doods really need to cherish these women in your life. My woman said the other day (which prompted a spit take) "I really don't think I like Bill Murray."

What would cause this?

Has she only seen Garfield or something?

UnbreakableVow on
    edited June 2009
    The Ghostbuster AI in this game is so godawfully fucking bad that it's a wonder it passed testing.

UnbreakableVow on
  • KingMoleKingMole Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    You mean them randomly not moving from places?

Because other than that, I haven't really seen anything as bad.

KingMole on
    doomrider_sigPA.png
    edited June 2009
    No, I mean them being killed every two seconds in combat.

These guys are worse than Sheva.

UnbreakableVow on
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited June 2009

Hey!

Good lass.

See to it that you ne'r do.

TankHammer on
    edited June 2009

What would cause this?

My lady pulls this shit occasionally too.

Things she claims she hates for flimsy reasons:

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (the Gene Wilder one)
    Most Bill Murray movies
    Who Framed Roger Rabbit
    Johnny Depp (this one I can understand)

I'm keeping a mental tally of this just in-case I need it for custody battles over my DVD collection if this whole thing falls apart.
    My ex still has copies of From Dusk Til Dawn, Little Nemo and a ton of Studio Ghibli movies. When I re-bought them I texted her to let her know she was a jerk but I threw a little :-p face in there so she knew I wasn't really worked-up about it.

TankHammer on
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009

What would cause this?

Most Bill Murray movies
    Who Framed Roger Rabbit

I'm keeping a mental tally of this just in-case I need it for custody battles over my DVD collection if this whole thing falls apart.
    My ex still has copies of From Dusk Til Dawn, Little Nemo and a ton of Studio Ghibli movies. When I re-bought them I texted her to let her know she was a jerk but I threw a little :-p face in there so she knew I wasn't really worked-up about it.
    WHAT

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

What would cause this?

Most Bill Murray movies
    Who Framed Roger Rabbit

Bitch stole your movies!

You don't stick your tongue out over that shit!

You kill and eat her pets!

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited June 2009

What would cause this?

Most Bill Murray movies
    Who Framed Roger Rabbit

Bitch stole your movies!

You kill and eat her

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

What would cause this?

Most Bill Murray movies
    Who Framed Roger Rabbit

Bitch stole your movies!

You kill and eat her

Whilst possibly foisting the blame upon a hapless cartoon hare.

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    No, I mean them being killed every two seconds in combat.

These guys are worse than Sheva.

These problems could all be traced back to, you know, the fact that you suck.

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
    edited June 2009
    The ghostbusters AI actually isn't all that bad, little annoying here and there but i was at times impressed by it. Also, i don't Bill Murray much either, I enjoy his work, but young Bill Murray was a dickhole so it impedes my judgement of him.

Melding on
  • GRMikeGRMike The Last Best Hope for Humanity The God Pod Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Young Bill Murray was a God. Old Bill Murray is kind of sad, unless he is doing things like Ghostbusters and remembering what people loved him for.

GRMike on
    edited June 2009
    Man he was a dick and directly responsible for ghostbuisters 3 never being made, I can not like him all I want.

Melding on
    edited June 2009
    Goistbustards.

GRMike on
  • Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Young Bill Murray was a God. Old Bill Murray is kind of sad, unless he is doing things like Ghostbusters and remembering what people loved him for.

Old Bill Murray is a fucking pimp I don't know what you're talking about

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
    edited June 2009
    I said kind of sad. Like Broken Flowers was the worst movie. Not all the way sad.

GRMike on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited June 2009
    bill murray will find you in the park, cover your eyes with his hands, and when you turn around to look at him, he will say "nobody will ever believe you" and disappear into the night

DJ Eebs on
  • Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    So, when will Ghostbusting begin?

Sir Platypus on
    edited June 2009
    Soon, then it will all be over.

Melding on
    edited June 2009
    Add Sir Platypus to your friends list. I'll probably be on around 8 central.

Sir Platypus on
    edited June 2009
    No, Add Melding to YOUR list, I'll be on..whenever i want.

Melding on
    edited June 2009
    OK I DID YOU WIN

Sir Platypus on
  • Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    bill murray will find you in the park, cover your eyes with his hands, and when you turn around to look at him, he will say "nobody will ever believe you" and disappear into the night
    Did some lip reading asshole or did some audio nerd asshole figure that out? Or was it a joint venture.

Because fuck that.

Penguin Incarnate on
    edited June 2009
    Melding wrote: »
    Man he was a dick and directly responsible for ghostbuisters 3 never being made, I can not like him all I want.

This is the greatest thing Bill Murray has ever done.

If they do a third Ghostbusters film then I will be very sad, especially if it was going to turn out as "Ghostbusters go to Hell" or the video game plot. The game was fine and dandy, but if they made a real movie out of it then I would have to put on several pairs of rose-colored ectogoggles to convince myself that doing a third Ghostbusters movie was a good idea.

The second one was a lot of fun, but I seriously doubt running the script through a photocopier a third time would have produced good results.

The only real continuity I would be okay with is the one set up in Extreme Ghostbusters that has Egon living in the firehouse while Peter tries to market the Ghostbusters brand in LA, Winston becomes an airline pilot and Ray [strike]makes a sad living selling used cars[/strike] retires to his grandparents' farmhouse modifying cars and reading obscure mythological texts.

TankHammer on
  • Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    You're right, forum, that is a good idea for a new avatar. Good call.

Penguin Incarnate on
    edited June 2009
    I love it.

I wasn't trying to say Old Murray is bad. I said he was kinda sad. That's all.

GRMike on
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I can honestly say I have not liked a single movie Bill Murray has made since 2000

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited June 2009
    I like the Wes Andersen stuff, but he is a local guy and I'm a fanboy.

GRMike on
    edited June 2009
    hey any of you fags wanna bust some ghosts

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Melding wrote: »

This is the greatest thing Bill Murray has ever done.

If they do a third Ghostbusters film then I will be very sad, especially if it was going to turn out as "Ghostbusters go to Hell" or the video game plot. The game was fine and dandy, but if they made a real movie out of it then I would have to put on several pairs of rose-colored ectogoggles to convince myself that doing a third Ghostbusters movie was a good idea.

The second one was a lot of fun, but I seriously doubt running the script through a photocopier a third time would have produced good results.

The only real continuity I would be okay with is the one set up in Extreme Ghostbusters that has Egon living in the firehouse while Peter tries to market the Ghostbusters brand in LA, Winston becomes an airline pilot and Ray [strike]makes a sad living selling used cars[/strike] retires to his grandparents' farmhouse modifying cars and reading obscure mythological texts.

I wouldn't mind some of Extreme Ghostbusters making it to film. I liked the series.

Owenashi on
    edited June 2009
    I watched some of extreme ghostbusters recently

it was...not as good as i remembered

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I am currently watching my RGB Volume I i bought at Wal-Mart. I am so happy they are releasing them in volumes rather than just the big set.

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    so who wants to bust some ghosts ... FOR REAL

we can totally do it you guys

once i get into the local AFB and procure some nuclear accelerators, we'll be good to go

Joolander on
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

Someone said he actually does this

Is this a thing he really does

Grey Ghost on
  • JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Someone said he actually does this

Is this a thing he really does

lemme put it this way:

if i were bill murray, i would do that

Joolander on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    I am currently watching my RGB Volume I i bought at Wal-Mart. I am so happy they are releasing them in volumes rather than just the big set.

You'll never have the episode guide booklet, special extras DVD, or the Firehouse box, though.

DarkPrimus on