As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Yao Ming's Career Memorial Thread

1575859606163»

• BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    The New York Knicks are working hard to cut a deal with the Minnesota Timberwolves to acquire guard Ricky Rubio, a Western Conference said.

One league GM said a deal “isn’t 100 percent,” but likely.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-draftbuzz062409&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

SLAM is reporting the offer is Nate Robinson and Jordan Hill.

BubbaT on
  • Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    BubbaT wrote: »
    The New York Knicks are working hard to cut a deal with the Minnesota Timberwolves to acquire guard Ricky Rubio, a Western Conference said.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    oh good we offloaded Sergio

hasta

Medopine on
  • TheBigDaddyDowdTheBigDaddyDowd Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Idx86 wrote: »

Have the Knicks gone crazy tonight?

TheBigDaddyDowd on
    TheBigDaddyDowd.png
    AC City folk=2965-2082-7154
    edited June 2009

Have the Knicks gone crazy tonight?

And now Rubio's dad is saying no one will get him this year.
    Ricky Rubio's father gave an interview after the draft stating that his son is now likely to stay in Europe for one or two years, rather than signing in Minnesota.

Yahoo! reports that a trade between the Knicks and Wolves to send Rubio to New York is likely. But later reports suggest that the Wolves are so far stating that they'll retain their rights to the Spanish point guard.

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60090/20090625/rubio_likely_to_stay_in_europe/

BubbaT on
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Someone else should make the next NBA thread when this one gets locked.

deadonthestreet on
  • Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Maybe Kahn knew that Rubio would stick around in Europe for another year, which is why they took Flynn.

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    haha, cowherd interviewing dunleavy wrt simmons, hilarity ensues

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Dyscord wrote: »
    haha, cowherd interviewing dunleavy wrt simmons, hilarity ensues

Oh god, Simmons fucking drove Dunleavy Sr. into a RAGE. HILARIOUS!!

Ticaldfjam on
    edited June 2009
    Portland draft grade: A+

Tired of writing that every year, already.

BubbaT on
  • DuffelDuffel jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    So I take it Jodie Meeks didn't get drafted after all

That kinda sucks for him but maybe he'll come back to school now.

Duffel on
    edited June 2009

bubba bubba what happened besides that euro guy and dealing sergio

Medopine on
    edited June 2009
    Medopine wrote: »

Patty Mills fell into their laps at #55.

Mills lead Team Australia with 14.2 ppg in the 2008 Olympics. Against Team USA, Mills put up 20 pts, 3 ast, 2 stl, and 0 turnovers. Chris Paul declared him the fastest player he'd ever guarded.

They also got Jeff Pendergraph, a solid but not spectacular defender and rebounder. He's like a bigger Nick Collison with a bit more shotblocking.

BubbaT on
  • kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Duffel wrote: »
    So I take it Jodie Meeks didn't get drafted after all

That kinda sucks for him but maybe he'll come back to school now.

Meeks got drafted by Milwaukee in the 2nd round.

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • Fatboy RobertsFatboy Roberts Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Did you guys see Simmons' twitter feed after he heard about Dunleavy on Cowherd? He did nothing but drop one liners and img jokes for the next 25 minutes. It almost got annoying, except for the fact that every single one was on point.

Fatboy Roberts on
  • DuffelDuffel jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    kdrudy wrote: »
    Meeks got drafted by Milwaukee in the 2nd round.
    Damn, how did I miss it? I missed the whole drafting but I thought I watched the whole thing scroll through like twice.

I guess that's good, then. I wasn't expecting him to get a first round pick but I'm glad he got in anyway. I usually don't follow the NBA but he was such a good player at UK - despite Gillespie who, by all indications, singled him out to treat him like shit - that I may end up following him anyway.

Duffel on
  • lordswinglordswing Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    So I feel like the Hawks did absolutely nothing. And yet, they were so close to making this a great night. Lawson ALMOST dropped to them, only to be the 53rd pg taken by Minny as trade bait.

At this point, I'm hoping some Chris Paul rubs off on Teague (both Wake guards). That 2nd round Euro pick seems like another money pinching deal, doubt he's coming over anytime soon.

lordswing on
    D2:LoD East -> *FlipPaulHewitt
    edited June 2009
    Medopine wrote: »

Patty Mills fell into their laps at #55.

Mills lead Team Australia with 14.2 ppg in the 2008 Olympics. Against Team USA, Mills put up 20 pts, 3 ast, 2 stl, and 0 turnovers. Chris Paul declared him the fastest player he'd ever guarded.

They also got Jeff Pendergraph, a solid but not spectacular defender and rebounder. He's like a bigger Nick Collison with a bit more shotblocking.

his name is patty

I immediately love him

Medopine on
  • DukiDuki Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

would be so cool

and also the guy we got at 29 was surprisingly good for number 29

but fuck me how do the spurs do it that's just uncanny

Duki on
  • The Raging PlatypusThe Raging Platypus Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Duki wrote: »

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

would be so cool

and also the guy we got at 29 was surprisingly good for number 29

but fuck me how do the spurs do it that's just uncanny

I would cream my pants if they somehow pulled this off. Rubio in a D'Antoni system would be the second coming of Steve Nash.

And I'm still pissed that DeJuan Blair somehow fell to the god damned Spurs in the second round. IN THE SECOND ROUND. DUBYA TEE EFF.

The Raging Platypus on
    Quid wrote: »
    YOU'RE A GOD DAMN PLATYPUS.
    PSN Name: MusingPlatypus
  • PhonehandPhonehand Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Seems like everyone is afraid of Blair having long term issues. I don't think the guy is going to be playing huge minutes for any team so I doubt he has to worry too much.

Phonehand on
    pmdunk.jpg
  • TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Ticaldfjam wrote: »
    Fran Fraschilla strikes me as the only person who has seen any of these players play outside of March Madness. You can see the "Who?" flashing behind their eyes any time a non-NCAA player comes up.

I think Fran's also a lil bit bitter. He made a comment about how European players are much more mature, thankful and grateful than the spoiled American High School kids.

Uh, Hello McFly! Last time I checked, its America, land of "AMERICA FUCK YEAAAAHHH". Of course the standard of living for American High School Kids is greater of that than Spain. Yes, they are going to be MORE PAMPERED than kids in Spain. Its two thousand and fucking nine!!! God what a fucktard.

Uh ... are you fucking kidding or something? Contrary to popular belief, Europe is not some backwater third world country ...

TheBigEasy on
  • TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    TheBigEasy wrote: »
    Ticaldfjam wrote: »
    Fran Fraschilla strikes me as the only person who has seen any of these players play outside of March Madness. You can see the "Who?" flashing behind their eyes any time a non-NCAA player comes up.

I think Fran's also a lil bit bitter. He made a comment about how European players are much more mature, thankful and grateful than the spoiled American High School kids.

Uh, Hello McFly! Last time I checked, its America, land of "AMERICA FUCK YEAAAAHHH". Of course the standard of living for American High School Kids is greater of that than Spain. Yes, they are going to be MORE PAMPERED than kids in Spain. Its two thousand and fucking nine!!! God what a fucktard.

Uh ... are you fucking kidding or something? Contrary to popular belief, Europe is not some backwater third world country ...

I know Europe is not some 3rd world country. If you watched ESPNNEws interview with Fran Fraschilla, he made it seem as if the European Players come from backwater holes and shit. He came off like a bitter ass, proably due to the fact to his experience with American players. Hey Fran sorry you ain't Bobby Knight.

Ticaldfjam on
  • PicardathonPicardathon Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Phonehand wrote: »
    Seems like everyone is afraid of Blair having long term issues. I don't think the guy is going to be playing huge minutes for any team so I doubt he has to worry too much.

He lacks ACL's.
    I know that a guard for the Chicago Bears, Roberto Garza, lacks ACL's and has been doing fine, but he doesn't have to do much jumping. Dejuan Blair is going to screw his knees up in a bad way.
    But still, if he can play right away and can contribute for three years before his knees give out then he's perfect for the Spurs, who only have a two year window anyway.

Picardathon on
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2009
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Was debating whether to make a new thread or bump this one

deadonthestreet on
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    So after reading that article - whose fault was this, really? I have no idea how many regular season games Yao played this year, but could the Rockets have made the playoffs by using him less?

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Ringo wrote: »
    So after reading that article - whose fault was this, really? I have no idea how many regular season games Yao played this year, but could the Rockets have made the playoffs by using him less?

If you're asking this thread, the answer is that it's Kobe's fault for playing dirty and kneeing Yao during their confrontation.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
    edited June 2009
    Dynagrip wrote: »

NOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo
    :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

The Raging Platypus on
  • Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    B:L wrote: »

If you're asking this thread, the answer is that it's Kobe's fault for playing dirty and kneeing Yao during their confrontation.

Man what?

Yao's leg has been a problem since he came into the league. As much as it sucks, this latest injury should come as no surprise.

Folken Fanel on
    Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
    edited June 2009

Man what?

Yao's leg has been a problem since he came into the league. As much as it sucks, this latest injury should come as no surprise.

Izza joke, meng

There was some Kobe hatin' going on in this thread for awhile.

The Raging Platypus on
  • Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009

Man what?

Izza joke, meng

There was some Kobe hatin' going on in this thread for awhile.

I don't like Kobe, but I wouldn't go so far as to call him a dirty player.

Folken Fanel on
    Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    yeah as far dirty players go, the bruce lee bowen was mentioned a coupla pages ago

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
    edited June 2009
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    yeah as far dirty players go, the bruce lee bowen was mentioned a coupla pages ago

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/82/brucebowenkickhu6.gif

The Raging Platypus on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQrKIGde7Qk

As for Yao Ming, that sucks. He's a huge money draw for the NBA and a good player to boot.

JustinSane07 on
  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    that video is missing quite possibly the most egregious stepping under hes ever done when he almost retired amare stoudemire

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
  • Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    hahaha what a scumbag

I love that jump kick

Feels Good Man on
    edited June 2009

Team China's fault more than anyone else's. Even your average NBA player needs a break once in a while, let alone a 7-6, 300+ pounder.

And Yao's summers with Team China aren't like Kobes or Lebrons with Team USA. Team USA is so stacked that each of those guys can take half the game off and they still win by 30. They have to play hard maybe once or twice. Yao has to go 100% all the time, because the rest of his team sucks.

BubbaT on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited June 2009
    New OP better not suck, guy who'll make a new OP.

20050511h.jpg

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.