As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Good Mac games to play on my MacBook

tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
edited June 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
So I find myself in Italy, while my PSP, (my usual source of travel entertainment) languishes in my cupboard in the USA taunting me with its absence. So I have two choices, actually do work, (which will be very dull) or find some good games I can download and play on my MacBook. It's a clear choice!

Here are my system specs...

Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook4,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 800 MHz

So, does anyone have any suggestions of some good games I can buy online and play? Ideally I'm looking for something like Civ 4 or GalCiv, but I'd also be ammenable to a game like Puzzle Quest, or even something in the Diablo 2 vein. Honestly anything which you can sit and play for a good while, as during shifts here I have a lot of downtime. Anyone out there got any suggestions for games which will be fun and run well? Whether pay or free to play, the key aspect is that I must be able to download it somewhere.

Heck, even a good suggestion of a place to buy mac games to download online would help. So save me from my boredom penny arcade forums, else I shall be forced to do the job for which I am paid.

"That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
tbloxham on

• DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Seems like any of the Blizzard games would be no brainers. They're acquirable off their website.

Assuming you haven't already played WC3 to death or whatever. :)

http://www.blizzard.com/store/

Dehumanized on
  • proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    EV: Nova!
    EV: Nova!
    Escape Velocity Freakin' Nova!

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
  • tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Seems like any of the Blizzard games would be no brainers. They're acquirable off their website.

Assuming you haven't already played WC3 to death or whatever. :)

http://www.blizzard.com/store/

Oooh, warcraft 3, I hadn't thought of this! It came out ages ago, it probably won't need a fancy video card :)

tbloxham on
    "That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Peggle and Plants vs. Zombies both have Mac versions. Rather, all PopCap games do, and I believe they all have free trials, so you can see what you're getting into before you drop your $20.
    Oooh, warcraft 3, I hadn't thought of this! It came out ages ago, it probably won't need a fancy video card

As I recall, it runs fine on my sister's MacBook, which only has integrated graphics.

admanb on