As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Dogs] The joy of picking up poop in small plastic bags

• KistraKistra Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Tarranon wrote: »
    d...dyna you can't just tease like that!

We want more spaniel pictures! (assuming that is your dog in your avatar - if it isn't we still want pictures)

Kistra on
    Animal Crossing: City Folk Lissa in Filmore 3179-9580-0076
  • cr0wcr0w Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    This is Sam.
    l_a809c08b1dbb47a49083d767ddf401d8.jpg

We got her when she was about 6 months old, the day before Hurricane Ike hit. Our previous dog, an American Eskimo Spitz named Cody, had passed away about 3 months prior after being with us for 14 years. Sam's a Labrador/Pit Bull mix, and probably the sweetest dog I've ever had. She also has the mindset of the dog from Marley & Me in that, if it looks fun, she'll do it. There's never a dull moment with her. She has no idea that she's too big to be a lap dog, and is always carrying something around with her, like a stuffed animal, chew toy, a bone, or whatever she happens to find laying around. God forbid if you go to the grocery store and don't bring her back anything.

cr0w on
  • MandaManda Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Meet Badger and Georgie!

1563i48.jpg

Georgie is a standard dachshund and we think Badger is a miniature dachshund/beagle mix. Badger is a talker - he'll grunt and moan at you and if you do it back you can actually have a conversation with him. He's also a grouchy little man, so we have to deal with a lot of growling. Georgie is smart, which tends to get him into a lot of mischief. For example, when he feels that I'm not paying enough attention to him (if I'm in the shower, at work, or enjoying private times with the husband (:winky:)) Georgie will steal my underwear and eat it.

People at work think my husband and I are a little nuts because we love our dogs so much, but it's not just us! Our dogs are so awesome that my mom was inspired to get two of her own.

Shalom:
    2czeipy.jpg

Pax:
    2cxw39h.jpg

Background (spoilered for making you want to punch someone):
    All four dogs were rescues. Badger came from a humane society in Tennessee. When I went to the shelter to get him they had all the small dogs in a fenced-off area outside. It was the beginning of summer, really hot, and there were flies everywhere. They had a big bucket of water for all the dogs to drink from but Badger was too short to reach it. He was brought in as a stray, but that seems really off to me because 1) he was house-trained when we got him and 2) he has a lot of fear-based aggression that's taken years to work on.

Georgie came from a home-based rescue group in Atlanta. He was one of 24 dogs in his foster home. Georgie came to us heartworm positive - as best we can tell, he contracted heartworms when he was little and rather than treat them, his owners at the time dumped him at a kill shelter. It took us over a year, but we used a slow treatment plan and eventually got rid of his heartworms. The staff at the vet's office called it a miracle. :D

Pax and Shalom both came from Metro Animal Services in Louisville, KY. Pax was apparently a stray and at some point in his life we think he was hit by a car. The wound was never taken care of and his leg set on his own, so he's got a permanent limp. Shalom, on the other hand, was removed from his home. It looks like he's sneering in that photo but his mouth is permanently set that way because his first owner kicked him in the face and messed up his jaw.

EDIT: Reading that is so depressing! But no worries now - all four dogs are now loved and ridiculously spoiled.

Manda on
  • supertallsupertall Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    My family loves golden retrievers. This is Murphy. My parents bought him at a hospital fundraising dinner.

25iyn7o.jpg

Our other golden was Franny. She came from a breeder, and was the nicest dog I've ever met. Not too bright, but super friendly. She came up to us outside once with a little tail flopping out of her mouth. It was a mouse she'd caught, but she didn't know what to do with it. We got her to open her mouth and the little guy took off.

33xv4sy.jpg

34sqb2v.jpg

supertall on
  • Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Pugs are the best breed of dogs.

Does anyone here have experience with dogs and sugar cane?

Edith Upwards on
  • psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    supertall wrote: »
    Our other golden was Franny. She came from a breeder, and was the nicest dog I've ever met. Not too bright, but super friendly.

My cousins have a golden retriever, friendliest dog you've ever met, absolutely adores their cat, and is as thick as a brick shithouse. As a breed golden retrievers are like graceful retarded kids.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    We had a golden retriever for 12 years or so, but we had to put her down when she developed brain cancer. Once she couldn't remember who we were, it was time- the dog was whip smart and would have despised being in that condition.

It's been several years since then, but I still miss the dog. Every time I come home and open the garage door, a part of me wants to shout her name in greeting. The house just isn't the same.

When my finances and living conditions are better I am so getting another dog.

Professor Phobos on
  • Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    As a breed golden retrievers are like graceful retarded kids.

It used to be that Golden Retrievers were some sort of uberdogs that lived to fifteen, but then their popularity led to EXTREMELY horrible breeders fucking up the entire gene pool.

Also, modern dog food sucks, how can their brains develop properly on kibble?

I myself make pork chops for my dogs/cats every now and then. Soy sauce also helps with their teeth.

Speaking of teeth, do dogs like sugar cane? I'm thinking of replacing the 20$ toothpaste with it.

Edith Upwards on
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Erich Zahn wrote: »

Also, modern dog food sucks, how can their brains develop properly on kibble?

Depends on the brand. There are actually some good brands, like Taste of the Wild or Orijen, who make a high quality healthier kibble.

Cinders on
  • AroducAroduc regular
    edited June 2009
    I've wanted a shiba inu for years. Mostly because I find the shiba yell really cute and every dog I've lived with so far has been a barker. Right now I'm taking care of my parent's sheltie and labradoodle while they're off in Europe. The sheltie's cute, but she's such a little antisocial coward. Not that she's aggressive, she just loves to stand behind you no matter what and is dismissive towards just about everybody, although does enjoy being brushed (and sheds like a mofo). Very obedient though. The labradoodle is the epitome of 'dog.' Medium sized, scruffy, constantly exuberant, and very pushy for attention.

Puppy labradoodle (the corgi/spaniel mutt died a couple years back)
    img4107.th.jpg

Both of them
    img4425.th.jpg

The labradoodle today
    img6137b.th.jpg

Aroduc on
  • Romero ZombieRomero Zombie Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Here are my pups

First two...one on the left is my border collie Pepper and on the right is my black lab Scooter
    100_0412.jpg

Pepper is our guard dog and will devour the soul of anyone who enters our house unless I tell her it is ok. Scooter is part human. He will only sleep with his head on a pillow and after four years, I've never heard him bark. He whines constantly.

Neither of them would fetch and neither of them liked to play and they couldn't walk on a leash to save their life, so I needed another....and then there came Harry.
    100_0570.jpg

Saw him at the local pet store for adoption and I had to have him. They told me they don't know what kind of dog he is...but only expects to be 30 pounds.
    DSC01631.jpg

As you can clearly see...30 pounds he is not
    DSC00427.jpg

I'm still not entirely sure what he is. He looks to be a mix between a great dane and a bull terrier. He is the coolest dog ever though and is always ready to play

Romero Zombie on
    steam_sig.png
  • GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I love reading about people's dogs. Makes me wish my apartment was bigger or that I was renting a house so I could have one again.

Sadly I don't have any pics of my families pets but I have stories.

The first dog I ever had was Misty. Pure Bred German Shepherd that my parents had a couple of years before I was born. She was the calmest dog I've met in my life but would defend us all fiercly. One of the stories my parents told me was when they were moving to my hometown from a place about an hour away they had a friend helping them move and had driven back first to start loading up a truck again. My parents arrived about 20 minutes after he did to find him sitting in a chair in the middle of the room with all the boxes ready to be taken out. Misty was laying in front of the door and apparantly wouldn't let him leave until my folks got home. Then she was wagging her tail with him again and being friendly.

When I was about 3 years old I had one of those black and yellow "BMX" bicycles with the big yellow training wheels and I was biking around my parents driveway. My father ran in to get something from my mother for me to drink and in that span of time I started to bike towards the road with a car oncoming. Misty bolted over, took me by the seat of my pants and hauled me back into the yard.

Sadly, when I was 9, and two days after Chrismas Misty passed away after having a stroke. We all took it pretty hard and I had been visiting my grandparents when my parents came to tell us what had happened.

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • narv107narv107 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    My two dogs on the left and our 11 year old foster who got adopted recently. They all did very good at down stays.

273tgy.jpg

narv107 on
  • In Starscream We TrustIn Starscream We Trust Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    This is Ferris, my 1 year old Corgi
    IMG_2015.jpg

He's really an amazing dog. We picked him up from a breeder in Osteen, FL, and he has done nothing but be the best dog I've had ever had. He's very intelligent and inquisitive and absolutely loves people. He's extremely social and doesn't show any signs of aggression or dominance. He figured out how to open crates from the outside. Here's a video of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoIEg4fkhBU He's liberating his half sister.

Like many Corgis, he is an expert beggar. He'll be your best friend when you are eating, but it's never too intrusive by doing things like bark at you if you don't feed him. He'll just sit their and look cute until you crack.

He's also an excellent swimmer. I started him in the pool young. At first he scared shitless but now whenever we go to over to my parents house to swim I can't keep him out. My parents have 2 Jack Russels that swim. My sister also has a Jack Russel, so it's common to have 4 dogs in the pool at the same time. We also hit up Dog Beach. Here's a pic of him doing his David Hasslehoff impressionIMG_1856.jpg

Hai Guys
    ferrisonbed.jpg

Cute puppy pic (sorry for size)
    IMG_1214.jpg

In Starscream We Trust on
    tf2_sig.png
    9dominations-1.jpg
  • VeritasVRVeritasVR Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    The nine-pound mini dachshund of terror, Rags.
    doggy1.jpg

... Also very sleepy. Like Hobbes, she has no setting between "Off" and "High". Probably sleeps for a good 18 hours a day, much like a proud lion. She thinks she's regal.
    doggy2.jpg

If you're family, she will love you forever and ever. But god forbid you're some random person, cuz she'll investigate you until she's satisfied. This includes being as loud and neurotic as fucking possible. Rags is also always watching out the window and stuff like a LEAF going across the yard by will set her off to alert the entire house.

And never ever wear black shoes. She'll run up to your feet, stare them down, and then nip them if you move one inch. Still energetic though, even at 12 years old. My mom absolutely loves her (to the annoyance of my dad and brother) and it's going to be a sad day when she can't bark at the kitty behind the house anymore.

VeritasVR on
    CoH_infantry.jpg
    Let 'em eat fucking pineapples!
  • Mega PlayboyMega Playboy Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Woot a chance to post my pics. The Pitbull is blade and the Siberia husky is Jinx. Blade is about 8 and Jinx is 7. Sorry it is crappy camera phone pic.
    Dogs.jpg

Mega Playboy on
    Trying to help out my step dad check out his youtube channel
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I want a Corgi :(

Godfather on
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Godfather wrote: »

Ditto. I know it's terribly unoriginal but I would name mine Ein.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I want a Data Dog :(

Godfather on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Sadly I don't think I have any new pics of my family's dogs. I live in Japan in a small apartment thus dogless which drives me nuts. My parents have all the dogs at the moment which totals five. We have a standard schnauzer, Scottish terrier, dachshund and two border terriers. It's hard to be without animals when you spent most of your life surrounded by them.

The oldest of the pack is Jazz, the standard schnauzer. She is my mom's dog. She has a MACH in agility, has titles in obedience and even has some training in herding. The dog is a great at herding, my mother not so much. She is the boss of the group and is an absolute sweet heart. She is the largest also weighing in at about 30 pounds or so. But man she is huggable.

Next is the scottish terrier who is my unofficial dog when I am home. He is the second Scottie we have had. The first was my dog, his name was Mac. He was grouchy, mean, bitey and just unfriendly. And I was the only one who was allowed to pick him up and hold him with out being snapped at. Eventually he let my mom, too. But I was the first. Mac passed away from bladder cancer a few years ago. It's very common in Scotties and a lot of common things like yard pesticides and such can cause it. The current Scottie is named Hook. He is the opposite of Mac in all ways, he is sweet, lovable and plays with others nicely. He is named Hook due to his tail making a hook shape at times. The dog is a also hilarious to watch on a lure course, since he runs to hard he usually falls over himself. Like all the dogs he does agility with my mom and like the terriers he also does Earthdog and other go to ground sports.

The dachshund is named Boy. He is my dad's dog. He is a rescue dog we found while hiking. In fact he is really really well bread but had a fear of men a submissive peeing problem when we found him. He was left in some open space near us where there are usually lots of coyotes with no tags so we think he was left for dead. The reason he is named boy is because we didn't know his name when we found him and thought someone would claim him and no one has in 4 or 5 years. But not he does agility, follows my dad around and acts as his living heating pad. He loves his family but goes berserk when a stranger shows up. Absolutely the cutest little thing when he roles on his back for tummy rubs with his little weiner dog tail going. He also has a big green ball he keeps near him at all time, like a teddy bear. He is a great dog and it's so sad someone tried to dump him.

Last are the two border terriers. The oldest is Rose. Rose is a trash can, eats anything and everything. Also loves the world and everyone in it. In fact she is a therapy dog of sorts and came basically remove the depression from you with sweetness. She can be one hell of a fighter though. Like all the terriers she is obsessed with hunting and killing. She is a Master Earthdog and right now my parents have to clean out her eye often due to her and a prairie dog getting into it. The Border won by the way. We actually use her and the other terriers to kill mice and rabbits who sometimes nest in the garage, too. They are damn good at it.

The other border is Zelda. She is miss needy. Always needs one of her family around her or she gets lonely. She is skinner than Rose and comes from a really good line of borders. She is an absolute sweet heart but a devil when you are hiking. She goes from pulling down the hill to walking beside you to down the hill to beside you to tying you up with the leash. She is the youngest of the dogs but like the rest she does agility and earthdog. She also has the cutest face ever so it's hard not to hug or pet her if she wants you to.

I really miss my dogs, worse thing about having an ocean between me and home is that my dogs are so far away.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009

Tragic thing is that their legs usually crap out early, on account of being so short.

But then again I had my Lab for almost twelve years and they're supposed to be a pretty unhealthy breed on account of over-breeding.

Rust on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    guys, what sort of dog is this? Is it a basenji?

30011885.jpg

Tam on
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I love dogs. Used to think I was scared of them until I met my little adopted brother Buddy about 12 years ago. I still remember the day I met him: the first day of my freshman year finals. I had been waiting outside the school for my mom to pick me up for about a half-hour before I finally deciding to start walking home. So I walk home in the falling snow, angry about having to walk instead of getting a ride. I step up to the door, walk inside and get ready to complain to my mom when I feel an unexpected weight against my leg. I look down and looking up at me is this little dog that's super happy to meet me.

I stopped being angry right about then.

Buddy's a sweet little idiot who tends to sleep in the same spot over and over again for most of the day. He's used to long periods of solitude due to both of my parents working, so whenever I head over to their house he's always curled up in his bed. In fact, he's a little momma's boy, so the only time he goes to greet the door is if he hears the exact sound of her car first.

He's cool with the occasional rough-housing, and if you drag out the word "outside" for long enough he'll start running around in figure eights.

He's great around people. Everybody he sees gets sniffed and a single paw against their leg. He's got issues with other dogs, though. He's got the "I MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE" mentality of a pit bull and the size of a small dachshund and little jaw strength.

Sorry for the lack of pictures. If I had them on hand, I'd definitely post them, if only to get help in clearing up the mystery of his breed. My parents and I think it's a mixture of dachshund and mini-doberman.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Man, Blade is a great looking Pit. I guess my bias is showing.

Dark_Side on
  • tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Tam wrote: »

30011885.jpg

I'm not sure, but it's definitely not a basenji.

tofu on
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

If I had to guess, I'd say it's probably a border collie, or a mixed breed.

Definitely not a basenji. The ears, tail, and snout are wrong for that.

Cinders on
  • CamuiCamui Sogekidan Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    This be my... well not my dog but it might as well be. Her name is Holly.
    hollyt.jpg

After I moved in with my brother, she slowly became my own dog. The process furthered by the fact my brother gotten 2 kids to deal with and less time to have a dog.

So far I taught her how to sit, shake, lay down, roll over, beg, bark on command, growl on command, bear attack (getting up on her hindlegs with her paws in the air clawing while growling) and army crawl on the ground. As well as harass people by growling and barking at em (if she is unsure of em).

Besides all that we really don't know what breed she is cause we got her at the SPCA. Most think it's a mix of maybe a german shepherd and a corgi. She about 4-5 years old and she may not look it on the picture but isn't taller than the size of a corgi.

Anyways the best dog I ever had.

Camui on
    edited June 2009

Looks more like a cattle dog to me. The head shape is wrong and the tail isn't curled enough..

And Mazzyx, I am in awe of your mother.

I am taking agility classes with my dog right now and starting to wonder if we will ever actually compete. It sounds like several of your dogs are ILP'd. Has your mother put a MACH on any of them? Did she experience any negative comments about an ILP'd dog doing well? I am trying to decide if I even want to bother with AKC since my dog isn't registered.

Kistra on
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I've got 4 dogs at home. Love 'em all to death, and even though I say I won't ever have 4 again I'm sure as soon as I lose one that I'll find another to take its place.

In order of acquisition:

Huxley my Pembroke Welsh Corgi.
    P1010190.jpg
    Her story is pretty simple. My wife and I saw a truck with "Corgi puppies for sale" soaped on the window so we stopped at met, Huxley picked us, and that was that.

Lola my Black Lab
    P1010042-1.jpg
    My wife found Lola trying to follow some kids onto a school bus. She was all chubby from eating field mice, and when we brought her home she was scared of everything. She wouldn't walk on our hardwood floor, she wouldn't go through doors at all without a whole lot of coaxing, and she was scared to eat. She was also scared to let us pet her at all. Now she is constantly by my side and the high point of her day is a tie between when I come home and when I give her dinner. She's also an awesome couch buddy.

Chewbacca my Chow Chow / Australian Shepherd Mix
    chewie.jpg
    Found with another Black Lab who I sadly couldn't take care of (the vet found an inoperable tumor). He's my house's big fluffy protector, he loves playing in the snow, and he tends to come into whatever room my wife and I are in, and lay in the doorway facing outward to ensure that nobody comes in without his knowing. He, like Lola, is also an awesome couch buddy when you can convince him to give up guard duty.

Timon my wife's awesome Chihuahua
    timon.jpg
    We adopted this little guy from a rescue organization outside of PetSmart. He is the most atypical Chihuahua I've ever met. He is personable, cuddly, and playful. Every other Chihuahua I've known has been retardedly protective and prone to biting. Timon just wants to play and then collapse into a bunch of cuddle either on your lap or on his favorite Chicago Bears blanket. He also doesn't like to be cold so he will run around on his front legs only. It's pretty funny to watch him handstand his way down the deck stairs.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Rust wrote: »

Tragic thing is that their legs usually crap out early, on account of being so short.

But then again I had my Lab for almost twelve years and they're supposed to be a pretty unhealthy breed on account of over-breeding.

Labs have been getting strict lately on breeding. DNA checks and neutering/spaying of undesirable trait holders. In extreme cases they have to put them down. You have a better chance of finding a breed standard Lab than any other popular dog right now.
    Dalmatian breeders are currently attempting this as well though Disney's 47 movies on them haven't helped.

Golden Retrievers are still hit or miss though.

I know Corgi's have leg issues but when I was researching Basset hounds I found a lot of it has to do with leg stress.You need keep them off couches and help them down and up stairs.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2009
    pirategus.jpg

Dynagrip on
  • SQUIRREL!SQUIRREL! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    Dyna wins the thread.

SQUIRREL! on
    edited June 2009
    SQUIRREL! wrote: »
    Dyna wins the thread.

With a spaniel!

Kistra on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Kistra wrote: »

Looks more like a cattle dog to me. The head shape is wrong and the tail isn't curled enough..

I am taking agility classes with my dog right now and starting to wonder if we will ever actually compete. It sounds like several of your dogs are ILP'd. Has your mother put a MACH on any of them? Did she experience any negative comments about an ILP'd dog doing well? I am trying to decide if I even want to bother with AKC since my dog isn't registered.

I really like the look of it. I think I want one when I'm able to take care of a dog, if its temperament is right, that is.

Tam on
    edited June 2009
    Kistra wrote: »

I really like the look of it. I think I want one when I'm able to take care of a dog, if its temperament is right, that is.

A cattle dog, a basenji, or a mix that looks like that picture? (you know it won't come with a litter of kittens, right?)

Kistra on
  • MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    AWWWWWW, A PUPPY THREAD. I have two dogs, both whom I've talked about a lot on H/A with my freaking out about their health sometimes, named Harvey and Wiley.

Harvey was named after Harvey Dent and Wiley was named after Wile. E. Coyote. Wiley turned 4 in March and Harvey is turning 4 on July 15th. We plan to throw a birthday party, as we do for both dogs. Yeah, we're THOSE people. They even have sweaters for winter.

Harvey we brought from a breeder so he's the descendant of show dogs. His balls didn't descend though, so we had them taken out and he has since gained weight. We've cut back on his food and try to take him out and run around but it doesn't seem to be helping.

Wiley was found between February and March on the streets of Denver by some nice man. She's a fast runner so I can only imagine the hell he endured chasing her butt around in winter. My sis and dad went to adopt her when I was in Florida visiting my boyfriend and friend. As my sis tells the story she wasn't even interested in Wiley and was pressured by the woman at the shelter. Wiley ignored my sis, walked away from her and wouldn't make eye contact. The woman said "So...does she get a chance? :D " and my sis felt guilty and took her home. She didn't look like a dog when we got her, but she's since put on weight and grown some fur. I'm convinced she was abused or something before we got her and either ran away or was abandoned. She pees constantly (she can pee up to 5 times outside when we walk her) so walking her outside she still comes in and pees on the newspaper. She's tried our patience but we try to be understanding of her. She has tried to run away multiple times, each resulting in me chasing her into ravines and down and into busy streets. She also barks at random noises, which causes Harvey to bark at random noises.

We love them both, and I'd lay my life down on the line for those dogs like I would my parents or sister. Hell, I do run into on coming traffic, I'm not joking, for Wiley when she escapes. I caused a traffic jam once because of her, but she's my baby and I'd do anything for her. I miss them when I leave the house, and I always look forward to coming home to them even when they ignore me.

I always ask my parents to get another dog (when I see dogs on the streets I always scream "PUPPY!" even if they aren't) but they say no. I'm like a woman who wants another baby. But they two I have will always be babies (or rather, puppies to me)

Anyone else celebrate their dogs' birthdays??

Mim on
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    We did until we started picking up strays. Now everybody is 1 year older January 1 just like horses (of which we have 2 as well).

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2009
    Yeah, I celebrate Gus' birthday...when i remember. Which I usually do.

Dynagrip on
    edited June 2009
    We celebrate our dog's gotcha days. Already went and got the ice cream for next week 8-)

Kistra on
  • MandaManda Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Mim wrote: »
    when I see dogs on the streets I always scream "PUPPY!" even if they aren't

My husband and I do this too! A normal conversation between us will go "blah blah blah PUPPY!" "PUPPY? Where?" "Over there!" "Oh, puppy!" "PUPPY. :) So anyway ..."

Also, dogs in clothes:
    353bo8x.jpg

Manda on