Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Rorschach in extended 300 trailer

13

Posts

  • ProtoProto Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    natxcross wrote: »
    Spectre-x wrote: »
    They're going to set it in 1985.

    Really? Hrrm.

    I'd still rather see a new story than a cramming attempt at the existing one.

    The whole cold war thing is a huge plot point. You leave that behind and it's not the same story any more. You can't toss in some bullshit about terrorists and expect it to work.

    Proto on
    and her knees up on the glove compartment
    took out her barrettes and her hair spilled out like rootbeer
  • PillsAreNicePillsAreNice Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Bruce Campbell as the old Comedian.

    Adam West as Nite Owl I? Perfect. You should e-mail Zach Snyder that idea, and you know, have him ignore you.

    PillsAreNice on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    See my game reviews at: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=strangegamer
  • KeithKeith Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Jeff Goldblum as Nite Owl II

    Keith on
    ej0SzAe.jpg
  • Bloods EndBloods End Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Are they still using Hyter's script?

    Because Moore said that was as close to perfect as a Watchman movie could ever be. I even think they got pirate story in it.

    Bloods End on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KeithKeith Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    nope, they threw it away

    Keith on
    ej0SzAe.jpg
  • Bloods EndBloods End Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEE

    Bloods End on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ethan SmithEthan Smith Origin name: Beart4to Arlington, VARegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    nope, they threw it away

    Are you saying that because that's what happened, or just to be a jerk?

    Ethan Smith on
    I would be ashamed to admit that I had risen from the ranks. When I rise it will be with the ranks, and not from the ranks..
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    nope, they threw it away

    Are you saying that because that's what happened, or just to be a jerk?

    I'm going with 'jerk'.

    Furu on
    saiyan2.jpg
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    nope, they threw it away

    Are you saying that because that's what happened, or just to be a jerk?


    No, they really did pass on it.

    The Lovely Bastard on
  • natxcrossnatxcross Registered User
    edited March 2007
    Proto wrote: »
    natxcross wrote: »
    Spectre-x wrote: »
    They're going to set it in 1985.

    Really? Hrrm.

    I'd still rather see a new story than a cramming attempt at the existing one.

    The whole cold war thing is a huge plot point. You leave that behind and it's not the same story any more. You can't toss in some bullshit about terrorists and expect it to work.

    Oh, I agree. I also think that if you take enough of it out to get it into two hours it's also not the same story any more. I mean, which huge plot points are we going to lose?

    I understand some people are still optimistic about this film, and good for them. I'm just not - I'd rather see something different done, y'know? If they came up with a new story in the same style, not only could they avoid leaving out somebody's favourite part, but they could also get in everything important to their story, and also not bore me to tears while I'm watching it :P

    natxcross on
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    If he's going all out as he's stated he's doing (an R-rating, for example) I'd hope he'd go the 3+hour route, so long as it's handled right.

    Calamity Jane on
  • KeithKeith Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    nope, they threw it away

    Are you saying that because that's what happened, or just to be a jerk?

    when the fuck am i a jerk

    Keith on
    ej0SzAe.jpg
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    nope, they threw it away

    Are you saying that because that's what happened, or just to be a jerk?

    when the fuck am i a jerk

    You're okay by me Keith.




    You fucking asshole.

    Munch on
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Your sig is Sam Kinnison.

    In Koala form.

    You could be raping my mother and I still couldn't be mad at you.

    The Lovely Bastard on
  • Keith wrote: »
    you know what's gonna get cut

    Doc Manhattan being naked

    after seeing 300 I really doubt it

    The Geebs That Knows Everything About Animorphs on
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Geebs wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    you know what's gonna get cut

    Doc Manhattan being naked

    after seeing 300 I really doubt it

    Yeah nudity is not an issue with this guy.

    Furu on
    saiyan2.jpg
  • KeithKeith Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Geebs wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    you know what's gonna get cut

    Doc Manhattan being naked

    after seeing 300 I really doubt it

    was there a lot of naked dude

    'cause i totally didn't want to see 300

    Keith on
    ej0SzAe.jpg
  • BriareosBriareos Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    There are a lot of bare chests, male and female. Not much bare below the belt, though, except a brief shot of Gerard Butler's heiny.

    Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dr. FrenchensteinDr. Frenchenstein Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Why are people so curious if Doc Manhattan is going to go full frontal. Was it really that integral to the story?

    Dr. Frenchenstein on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    It's ART

    You wouldn't understand it

    Wildcat on
  • GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I wonder how many dicks are going to ruin the Rorschcach reveal for newcomers by yelling, "That's Rorschach!" when they see him in his civilian form.

    Or will we be protected by the fact that most people are probably not entirely sure how to pronounce Rorschach?


    Has not knowing something ever stopped people from being dicks?

    GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • KalTorakKalTorak Way up inside your butthole, Morty. WAAAAY up inside there.Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Why are people so curious if Doc Manhattan is going to go full frontal. Was it really that integral to the story?

    When he first appears in full form, those people aren't scared b/c some glowing blue dude just popped up out of nowhere. They're terrified of blue cock.

    KalTorak on
  • Regicid3Regicid3 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I liked the V for Vendetta movie, I got a portion of the comic book with my DVD and wasn't that impressed with it. I like what Moore did but not really how he did it... I don't know. Also, Moores elitism annoys me. Evey being a prostitute? Eh... Also, who cares if "eggy in a basket" isn't real? Get over it, mb? We'll see.

    Regicid3 on
  • KeithKeith Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Why are people so curious if Doc Manhattan is going to go full frontal. Was it really that integral to the story?

    Yes

    He gradually wore less and less clothing, symbolizing how he was distancing himself from humans

    Keith on
    ej0SzAe.jpg
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User
    edited March 2007
    Regicid3 wrote: »
    I liked the V for Vendetta movie, I got a portion of the comic book with my DVD and wasn't that impressed with it. I like what Moore did but not really how he did it... I don't know. Also, Moores elitism annoys me. Evey being a prostitute? Eh... Also, who cares if "eggy in a basket" isn't real? Get over it, mb? We'll see.

    What would make you consider Moore an elitist?

    Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Regicid3 wrote: »
    I liked the V for Vendetta movie, I got a portion of the comic book with my DVD and wasn't that impressed with it. I like what Moore did but not really how he did it... I don't know. Also, Moores elitism annoys me. Evey being a prostitute? Eh... Also, who cares if "eggy in a basket" isn't real? Get over it, mb? We'll see.

    I'd be annoyed if my work was gutted like a fish. But I'm just elitist, I guess.

    Crimsondude on
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User
    edited March 2007
    Or a magician!

    Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Briareos wrote: »
    There are a lot of bare chests, male and female. Not much bare below the belt, though, except a brief shot of Gerard Butler's heiny.

    And what a magnificent heiny it was.

    Anyway, in the comic half the Spartans were butt nekkid, so I can see him cutting Doc Manhattans nudity.

    MuddBudd on
    Project G.I.F.T.B.O.M.B. is completed
    steam_sig.png
  • TM2 RampageTM2 Rampage Registered User
    edited March 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    Why are people so curious if Doc Manhattan is going to go full frontal. Was it really that integral to the story?

    Yes

    He gradually wore less and less clothing, symbolizing how he was distancing himself from humans
    Also it sends the message "I'm fucking ripped, dude. I'm not hiding from anything and I'm not afraid of anything because I am practically God."

    TM2 Rampage on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Why are people so curious if Doc Manhattan is going to go full frontal. Was it really that integral to the story?

    No, but it was integral to our enjoyment.

    DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • MajidahMajidah Registered User
    edited March 2007
    Moore gets pissed when people change his work because, like all authors, he put everything in for a reason. (yes even all the britishy-tea&bangermashy-ness)

    The artists who make the movie, are also making all the revisions for a reason. The conflict can only be settled with a Deathrace:2007!

    Majidah on
  • Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User
    edited March 2007
    Regicid3 wrote: »
    I liked the V for Vendetta movie, I got a portion of the comic book with my DVD and wasn't that impressed with it. I like what Moore did but not really how he did it... I don't know. Also, Moores elitism annoys me. Evey being a prostitute? Eh... Also, who cares if "eggy in a basket" isn't real? Get over it, mb? We'll see.

    Evey isn't a prostitute. She's a scared little girl who goes out to whore herself for the first night ever because she can't pay her bills. Didn't you notice how clumsily she solicited the guy she came across? (He even remarked on it.)

    Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Majidah wrote: »
    Moore gets pissed when people change his work because, like all authors, he put everything in for a reason. (yes even all the britishy-tea&bangermashy-ness)

    The artists who make the movie, are also making all the revisions for a reason. The conflict can only be settled with a Deathrace:2007!

    Sometimes that reason is pandering.

    They got the whole facism = bad angle, but they cut out the scary anarchy shit to pander to a middle class liberal audience.

    august on
    Pac Man's character is difficult to explain even to the Japanese -- he is an innocent character. He hasn't been educated to discern between good and evil. He acts more like a small child than a grown-up person. Think of him as a child learning in the course of his daily activities. If someone tells him guns are evil, he would be the type to rush out and eat guns. But he would most probably eat any gun, even the pistols of policemen who need them.
  • tehfalconertehfalconer moonrocks in my noseRegistered User
    edited March 2007
    Why are people so curious if Doc Manhattan is going to go full frontal. Was it really that integral to the story?
    extremely integral. i guess some guys just have penis envy

    /Freud to the rescue!

    tehfalconer on
    ... you will be the falcon, and I shall remain... The Falconer!
  • CangoFettCangoFett Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    august wrote: »
    Majidah wrote: »
    Moore gets pissed when people change his work because, like all authors, he put everything in for a reason. (yes even all the britishy-tea&bangermashy-ness)

    The artists who make the movie, are also making all the revisions for a reason. The conflict can only be settled with a Deathrace:2007!

    Sometimes that reason is pandering.

    They got the whole facism = bad angle, but they cut out the scary anarchy shit to pander to a middle class liberal audience.

    I'm glad someone pointed it out.

    People werent supposed to rejoice at the idea of V bringing down the government. It was supposed to be thought provoking, it was supposed to make the reader think, "Oh.. thats.. pretty screwed up. But its for a good reason, right? Maybe?"

    V's solution was not inherently better than the problem he was trying to solve; however, it had the potential to be better.

    CangoFett on
  • Dr. FrenchensteinDr. Frenchenstein Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    Why are people so curious if Doc Manhattan is going to go full frontal. Was it really that integral to the story?

    Yes

    He gradually wore less and less clothing, symbolizing how he was distancing himself from humans

    Ok, that doesn't mean his dong has to make an appearance. i don't think it was gradual either, he had his goofy helmet thing and briefs, then he was floppin in the wind. granted, time had passed...

    Dr. Frenchenstein on
  • KeithKeith Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    Why are people so curious if Doc Manhattan is going to go full frontal. Was it really that integral to the story?

    Yes

    He gradually wore less and less clothing, symbolizing how he was distancing himself from humans

    Ok, that doesn't mean his dong has to make an appearance. i don't think it was gradual either, he had his goofy helmet thing and briefs, then he was floppin in the wind. granted, time had passed...

    I believe he went from full costume with helmet to shirt and pants to sleeveless shirt and speedo to speedo to bluedong

    Keith on
    ej0SzAe.jpg
  • KalTorakKalTorak Way up inside your butthole, Morty. WAAAAY up inside there.Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    Why are people so curious if Doc Manhattan is going to go full frontal. Was it really that integral to the story?

    Yes

    He gradually wore less and less clothing, symbolizing how he was distancing himself from humans

    Ok, that doesn't mean his dong has to make an appearance. i don't think it was gradual either, he had his goofy helmet thing and briefs, then he was floppin in the wind. granted, time had passed...

    I believe he went from full costume with helmet to shirt and pants to sleeveless shirt and speedo to speedo to bluedong

    I'm less concerned with the speedo and more concerned with whether they keep in the scene where he tries to have a threesome with Laurie and himself.

    KalTorak on
  • Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User
    edited March 2007
    KalTorak wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    Why are people so curious if Doc Manhattan is going to go full frontal. Was it really that integral to the story?

    Yes

    He gradually wore less and less clothing, symbolizing how he was distancing himself from humans

    Ok, that doesn't mean his dong has to make an appearance. i don't think it was gradual either, he had his goofy helmet thing and briefs, then he was floppin in the wind. granted, time had passed...

    I believe he went from full costume with helmet to shirt and pants to sleeveless shirt and speedo to speedo to bluedong

    I'm less concerned with the speedo and more concerned with whether they keep in the scene where he tries to have a threesome with Laurie and himself.

    And then she runs out and there's a third one carrying on some chemistry experiment.

    Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • duraxdurax Who watches the watchdogs? Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    GoodOmens wrote: »
    I wonder how many dicks are going to ruin the Rorschcach reveal for newcomers by yelling, "That's Rorschach!" when they see him in his civilian form.

    Or will we be protected by the fact that most people are probably not entirely sure how to pronounce Rorschach?


    Has not knowing something ever stopped people from being dicks?

    The two police officers have a scene where they pronounce his name phonetically ("Why would I want Raw Shark?") .

    I am pretty sure that they'll heavily announce all the names of the costumed adventurers just so they can make a killing come Halloween (Thus using capitolism to not only mock the central themes of the original, but literally sell the opposite values...).

    durax on
Sign In or Register to comment.