As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[CoX] In Bizarro World, Defenders Get Buffs

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I seem to recall it needing almost 1gb last time I did, and that was nearly a year ago.

I'll just let it do its thing. I've got plenty of other things to do anyway.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Er...why doesn't my mouse scroll zoom in and out anymore?

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• IAmTheRadIAmTheRad Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Well, Issue 15 is now out. It's not something people expect, since it's Monday.

IAmTheRad on
  • NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    So. when do you folks wanna New TF. I should have some time this evening (PST) or tomorrow night. LEMME KNOW.

Narbus on
  • RobzielRobziel Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'm out for tonight but could be talked into skipping the Hami raid tomorrow even though it's now worth 52 merits.

Robziel on
    Do I look like the sort of man who'd go and find unsuspecting Japanese schoolgirls in short skirts and white panties and ask them if they want to see my "Cthulu Special"?
  • CyberJackalCyberJackal Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    About how long does it take?

CyberJackal on
    edited June 2009
    Hamiraids usually take about an hour and a half once they get going. NewTF will likely take us a while as apparently there are "Tricks" to winning it and I don't think any of us wanted to be spoilered before they hit live, so we'll have to figure them out. Which will take a bit.

Narbus on
    edited June 2009
    No ballpark estimate? I'd love to get in on the NewTF, but I am an east coaster with a full time job, so there are some fairly strict limitations to how late I can go for.

CyberJackal on
    edited June 2009
    It will take 17 hours. Ballpark.

It's a brand new TF that none of us have run, requires something weird to beat and so far as I know we've all been avoiding spoilers for. The official forums exist I am not your search engine.

Narbus on
  • Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I will be forming a team to run through the new SF tonight at 8est/5pst. If you want first dibs for being invited copy this from the previous person and add yourself.

The List
    Gear Girl- 50 Son/Son Corr
    Arcas- 50 Fatty
    Lep- 50 Super Fatty
    Lepwave- 50 Super Fat Fatty

Gear Girl on
    edited June 2009
    Gear Girl wrote: »
    I will be forming a team to run through the new SF tonight at 8est/5pst. If you want first dibs for being invited copy this from the previous person and add yourself.

The List
    Powerleveler - 50 fire/psi dom

Narbus on
    edited June 2009

The List
    Arcas- 50 Fatty
    Lep- 50 Super Fatty

Gear Girl on
  • FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009

The List
    Arcas- 50 Fatty
    Lep- 50 Super Fatty
    Fallout - 50 Brutally Fatty Fat Fatty

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
    edited June 2009
    Narbus wrote: »
    It will take 17 hours. Ballpark.

It's a brand new TF that none of us have run, requires something weird to beat and so far as I know we've all been avoiding spoilers for. The official forums exist I am not your search engine.

Ok, I thought maybe someone might have run it in test or heard some talk of how long it was, but if this is how it's going to be then fuck it.

CyberJackal on
    edited June 2009
    I ran it on test and it was a giant clusterfuck and unwinable by my team, than the devs went in and changed it making it even harder. Later was it revealed that there was some kind of crazy "trick" to beating it and that you couldn't know what those tricks where because the graphical hints as to what you needed to do weren't on test.

Robziel on
    Do I look like the sort of man who'd go and find unsuspecting Japanese schoolgirls in short skirts and white panties and ask them if they want to see my "Cthulu Special"?
  • A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited June 2009

The List
    Arcas- 50 Fatty
    Lep- 50 Super Fatty
    A duck! - Your mom is 50

I'll bring a 50, or my 49 /Kin.

A duck! on
  • jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    50 Bots/Dark MM

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
    edited June 2009

The List
    Arcas- 50 Fatty
    Lep- 50 Super Fatty
    Fallout - 50 Brutally Fatty Fat Fatty
    A duck! - 50 or 49 Fattest Fatty
    jonxp- 50 bots/dark

Well guess we are full then.

Gear Girl on
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'll be doing one tonight, even if I have to make my own team!

Of hookers! And also hookers!

Scooter on
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited June 2009
    When someone inevitably doesn't turn up I'll play. Send me a PM if I'm not on.

Tube on
    edited June 2009
    If Gear's running the SF, I'll run the TF.

Cause Heroes need love too.

Scooter on
    edited June 2009
    Scooter wrote: »
    If Gear's running the SF, I'll run the TF.

Cause Heroes need love too.

They already get all the good shit in the game, including both Coop zones, so they have plenty of love. Stupid heroes, being stupid all day.

Narbus on
    edited June 2009
    Btw, I figure I'll start mine at 8:30, so anyone late for the SF can just swing on over.

Scooter on
  • TrusTrus Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Is anyones AE missions acting weird? my defendable objects/glowie/NPC hostage are spawning all over the map rather than where I tell them to.

Trus on
    qFN53.png
  • FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    why is this update downloading at 54 kpbs

why, god

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
    edited June 2009
    i will be there in.... 13 minutes :(

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
    edited June 2009
    I'm only waiting 5 minutes past the hour fallout/jon. Tube gets your spot if you are later than that.

Gear Girl on
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    It's fucking cutthroat in here. Dang.

I like it.

Renzo on
    edited June 2009
    I'm only waiting 5 minutes past the hour fallout/jon. Tube gets your spot if you are later than that.

D:

okay but if jon doesn't show up too then i got dibs (8 minutes left holy lord i should have done this earlier)

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
    edited June 2009
    Who will win the last spot..fallout or jon and yes you really should have.

Gear Girl on
    edited June 2009
    4:20!

left, i mean!

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
    edited June 2009
    Fallout wrote: »
    4:20!

left, i mean!

Jon has given up his spot so uh..just waiting on you.

Gear Girl on
    edited June 2009
    10 minutes til the Hero TF kicks off.

With or without anyone, cause I wanna do it tonight and can't start much later.

Scooter on
  • MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    holy crap

I just got 25 megabytes a second download on the new patch.

I have never gotten over 3mb/s anywhere.

Morkath on
    edited June 2009
    For tube, here. Screenshots of all the dialogue in the new villain sf. Which, for the record, is pretty goddamn lame.

Actual spoilers ahead.
    So, the first two missions are actually pretty great. Barracuda has been approached by a Mr. Mueller to break something out of the time capsule in City Hall in Paragon. The next mission reveals that they are computer codes for Reichsman's tomb underneath Boomtown. There's a really nifty comic-booky cutscene wherein Reichsman whoops the shit out of you, and you have to beat your way out of a Fifth Column base, it's actually fun.

After these two missions, just quit the team. It's all downhill from there.

Next is "Go beat up reichsman" only he's impossible to beat up. Literally, everything you do to him leaves him Unaffected. So you end up hightailing it out of the level. Thanks to this game hating to spawn certain things, this map is laggy as shit.

Then you go off to find out how he got so holyshit overpowered, and you raid another fifth column base on Axis World. You learn that Reichsman has a machine that lets him drain the power of alternate dimension Reichsmen (Reichsmans?) and channel into himself. So you lie to Recluse in order to lure his Lieutenants into the machine so you can swipe some power from each of them so you'll be strong enough to take out Reichsman. This involves one map, where you find each Patron, drag their asses to the machine, then they realize what you're doing and they fight back, so you have to beat each up, then go hunting down the next one. This is dull.

Then comes Reichsman. I'll even extra spoiler this.
    So. He's got 226k HP. For reference, Hamidon has just over 65k (though stronger resists). As you're fighting him, he keeps calling on ambushes that quickly flood the room. There's around 50 of them. No joke.

You've all got 4 passives, one from each Patron, that up your damage and such, and each AT gets a special temp power. Doms get an AoE hold that doesn't have a target cap, Corrs get a tornado-esque power that kills everything that is held that it hits, Stalkers get a power that lets them sneak into these laser-guarded back rooms and hit special killall switches which kill everything in the room but Reichsman (up to four times), Crabs get a +res(end drain) power to deal with Reichsman's aura, and in the stupidest kicker ever, only Masterminds get the power that can break through his Unstoppable. An Unstoppable during which he likes to heal himself for 22k HP. We had a team of four crabs, two brutes, a /kin and a /sonic, so that we didn't bring a stalker or dom for dealing with the ambushes worked out. Any other pug will be made to suffer.

Even WITH all that, it took around half an hour to whittle down his hp. We talked about Pax and movies and how annoyed we were.

Oh also the "break his unstoppable" power is broken and doesn't actually work right now.

Then we got 20 merits. And the Arbiter badge. So.

Narbus on
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited June 2009
    Thanks man. That new SF sucks. I think I'm going to not play for a while.

Tube on
    edited June 2009
    Yeah i'm going to go on CoX sabbatical. Maybe Going Rogue is just sucking up all of whatever talent they used to make the RWZ and it'll be great. But I wouldn't put much money on it.

Narbus on
    edited June 2009
    Wow...

Yeah I'm skipping this one I think.

Robziel on
    edited June 2009
    Hey guys

Check out these screenshots I took
    Port_Oakes.jpg

Mercy_Island_docks.jpg
    Okay, no. http://jamesbarnett.net/

Bonus points if you guessed the locations without looking.

Scooter on
  • A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited June 2009
    I might tinker around with Doms, but short of that I'm just waiting for Going Rogue at this point.

A duck! on
This discussion has been closed.