As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Michele Bachmann: too crazy even for the wingier nuts.

Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
edited July 2009 in Debate and/or Discourse
Three Republican representatives have condemned her outburst against the Census. And this is from Patrick McHenry (known for being insanely libertarian) and Lynn Westmoreland (known for trumpeting the cause of displaying the ten commandments on government buildings and then being unable to name more than half of them on the Colbert Report), who are pretty darned conservative, not Mike Castle (who will always make me think of Frank Castle, even though they couldn't be more dissimilar) or Frank Wolf (northern Virginia Republican, in case you didn't know). Will Bachmann tone it down, or will she continue to drive people away from the GOP and make us go :lol: when we're not D: and o_O?

Captain Carrot on

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I have a coworker who non-ironically forwards her speeches around.

There was one where she condemned Democratic senators for trying to help private GM dealerships stay in business. So then she went out and helped other private GM dealerships stay in business. It was about 10 minutes of lolwut?.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I've met my share of liberal crazies too, to be fair. And I'm about as liberal hippie as you can get.

I mentioned to one of my friends that I was considering joining the Navy as an enlisted Musician for several reasons... and she just had this idea that no "they" just told me I'd be able to but really I'd be put into ground combat and killed or something because it's the military and boo them.

Though really, Liberal craziness I've run into has never sunk to the level of "THEY'RE COUNTING PEOPLE RUN!"

Khavall on
  • Mega PlayboyMega Playboy Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Dangit don't stop her. I like to use her a proof that conservatives have gone to far to the right.

Mega Playboy on
    Trying to help out my step dad check out his youtube channel
  • TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    The problem is that when your major left wing party is center-right, your right wing party doesn't really have anywhere else to go.

But yeah, Michelle Bachmann is about 5 kinds of batshit insane.

TubularLuggage on
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Khavall wrote: »
    I've met my share of liberal crazies too, to be fair. And I'm about as liberal hippie as you can get.

Were any of those people elected to Congress?

moniker on
    edited July 2009
    moniker wrote: »

Well no.

Still, craziness isn't just devoted to the right wing.

Just mostly devoted.

Khavall on
    edited July 2009

Well no.

Just mostly devoted.

The issue isn't that there are crazy people. Because dear god are there crazy people. Nor the affinity of some crazies to one party or another. It's that one of these crazy people is a Congresswoman.

moniker on
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Well no.

Just mostly devoted.

The issue isn't that there are crazy people. Because dear god are there crazy people. Nor the affinity of some crazies to one party or another. It's that one of these crazy people is a Congresswoman.

Yeah, if you look hard enough you can find people crazy enough to espouse anything. Actually, you don't have to look hard, just look at the comments of any youtube video.

When, in a representative republic, one of those crazy people finds enough other crazy people to vote her into office and keep her there... then you might be able to say something about certain voters being crazy.

KalTorak on
  • DalbozDalboz Resident Puppy Eater Right behind you...Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I don't think most of what Bachmann says is right-wing crazy. It's really just plain all around crazy that happens to be coming from a right-winger.

Dalboz on
  • EvanderEvander Disappointed Father Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I don't think that having some one crazy in congress is all that new.

the concern should be more towards this individual case. How do we keep her from using her authority to push her crazy agendas?

Evander on
    edited July 2009
    Evander wrote: »

the concern should be more towards this individual case. How do we keep her from using her authority to push her crazy agendas?

How much authority does one crazy congressman have?

Khavall on
    edited July 2009

How much authority does one crazy congressman have?

more than one crazy homelessman

Evander on
    edited July 2009

No, but some traditions need to be broken.

Or at least, we need to moderate things out so that the 'Crazy Congressman' role is filled by a guy who just likes ketchup on hot dogs rather than someone that wants to reconstitute HUAC.

moniker on
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009

Or at least, we need to moderate things out so that the 'Crazy Congressman' role is filled by a guy who just likes ketchup on hot dogs rather than someone that wants to reconstitute HUAC.

That's still a bit too crazy for my taste.

Captain Carrot on
    edited July 2009

I didn't say we didn't.

Evander on
  • DrakeonDrakeon Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I was so depressed to learn on election day (or rather the day after) that Bachmann was still a representative to the United States Congress. I was really pulling for Tinklenberg (god, what a terrible name) to pull through and beat her, but alas, it didn't happen :(

However I do admit, the fact that she can out-crazy Glen Beck is nothing short of extraordinary. That man is pure, concentrated crazy and she manages to outdo him (well, some of the time).

Drakeon on
    PSN: Drakieon XBL: Drakieon Steam: TheDrakeon
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Anyone who puts ketchup on a hot dog is not to be trusted.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

edited July 2009
    The Romans put ketchup on their hot dogs.
    That's why Rome fell.

Feral on

• Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Is there any legitimate use for ketchup as a straight condiment (as opposed to an ingredient in a sauce of some sort)? Fries and burgers should have barbecue sauce, and hot dogs should be plain.

Captain Carrot on
  • BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Feral wrote: »
    Anyone who puts ketchup on anything is not to be trusted.

Fixed.

Personally, I only add onions. And if it's sausage (preferably spicy) I'll also add bell peppers.

Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
    edited July 2009
    You know who else put ketchup on his hot dog?

No, no, not Hitler.

Goehring.

Edit: And Mussolini.

Feral on

• EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    How the hell did this go to ketchup?

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Mega PlayboyMega Playboy Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    GOP has done nothing note worthy in the last few hours.

Mega Playboy on
    Trying to help out my step dad check out his youtube channel
  • TrusTrus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Ketchup is fucking awesome on everything, you all are just heretics

Trus on
    qFN53.png
  • Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2009
    Ketchup on cereal is pretty awesome.

Premier kakos on
    edited July 2009

Oh, kakos. You just like to go against the grain.

Feral on

edited July 2009

What? It's a perfectly legitimate meal.

Premier kakos on
    edited July 2009

If you have one kernel of integrity you'll stop this nonsense.

Feral on

edited July 2009

I believe you mis-spelt "awesomeness".

Premier kakos on
  • OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So this thread is now about ketchup, right?

My friend puts it on turkey sandwiches. And then he eats them.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
    edited July 2009

No, no, no. A mill-ion times, no.

Feral on

• EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Is there any legitimate use for ketchup as a straight condiment (as opposed to an ingredient in a sauce of some sort)? Fries and burgers should have barbecue sauce, and hot dogs should be plain.

Me, I don't trust anyone who enjoys eating stuff entrails raw. Taste is subjective, anyway. Barring the sort of thing Jon Stewart jokes about, I can understand nearly any taste, so frankly my hot dogs with ketchup, mustard, pickle, tomato, and possibly lettuce isn't that surreal. Well, the mayo on burger thing bothers me, but for health reasons more than anything.

EmperorSeth on
    You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
    edited July 2009

Just because you can't handle my bran-d of awesomeness, doesn't mean you have to call it nonsense.

Premier kakos on
    edited July 2009

Just because you can't handle my bran-d of awesomeness, doesn't mean you have to call it nonsense.

I can barley tolerate this depravity. I never thought I'd be the square sticking up for wholesome values, but I have to crop this trend before it germinates in our youth.

Feral on

edited July 2009

I can barley tolerate this depravity. I never thought I'd be the square sticking up for wholesome values, but I have to crop this trend before it germinates in our youth.

Whooaaa. Breaking out the big guns, I see. It's a veritable maize of puns there.

Premier kakos on
    edited July 2009

Whooaaa. Breaking out the big guns, I see. It's a veritable maize of puns there.

Anything I can do to winnow your resolve.

You'll reap what you sow, I promise you.

Feral on

• namelessnameless Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So this is the new LOLGOP thread eh? And it already evolved into a discussion of condiments and cereal eh? Well I don't believe in evolution.

Seriously, how about that Mark Sanford?

nameless on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I liked her "CO2 isn't harmful, there's no scientific evidence that backs this up!" shit from this past March.

Henroid on
  • DuffelDuffel jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    It seems like Bachmann gets a hell of a lot of press time for a Representative from the frozen north. Is this just because of the "Tornado effect" (finding the most ridiculous person available to comment on an issue because it's entertaining) or is there some particular reason she keeps popping back into the news like some kind of sinister Weeble?

Duffel on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Duffel wrote: »
    It seems like Bachmann gets a hell of a lot of press time for a Representative from the frozen north. Is this just because of the "Tornado effect" (finding the most ridiculous person available to comment on an issue because it's entertaining) or is there some particular reason she keeps popping back into the news like some kind of sinister Weeble?

She considers herself an important figure in calling out things that need attention. Imagine being the press and getting the call, "Michele Bachmann would like to call a conference."

Henroid on
This discussion has been closed.