Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[chat]

1424344454648»

Posts

  • LudiousLudious Festering butt-snuffler Dickville, pop: meRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I love Venture Brothers.

    Squirrel how can we like the same things yet be so different?


    Google Talk: ludious83
  • Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I don't even really bother opening up msn anymore. I just can't devote time for a conversation through it.

  • SQUIRREL!SQUIRREL! __BANNED USERS
    edited July 2009
    You know the answer to this, Lud. You know.

  • IncenjucarIncenjucar QA Tester -> Game Producer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    BobCesca wrote: »
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    _J_ wrote: »
    This girl I like is the worst IM partner ever.

    She gets on IM and then reads, so she replies every 5 minutes.

    It's...gaaaah

    Interesting girls have better shit to do than to focus purely on IMing.

    I'm really bad whenever I actually open up my IM programme thing, as I'm always doing something else and can quite often be really crap at replying. It's not good.

    And that's how we know you're interesting. :winky:

    --

    Godammit, I look so much better in motion than I do in pictures. Web 3.0 better make animations standard.

    freefallagentad_zps635a83ed.png
  • SQUIRREL!SQUIRREL! __BANNED USERS
    edited July 2009
    It sometimes gets very hot in the box... my pop made.

  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    The conclusion to the achewood arch I posted earlier. It's funny because it's an exaggeration of the result of the depressive state Trent Reznor's 1978 Volvo GL caused Roast Beef to enter given his generally depressed demeanor.

    uuafXJdV0.gif

    steam_sig.png
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    _J_ wrote: »
    This girl I like is the worst IM partner ever.

    She gets on IM and then reads, so she replies every 5 minutes.

    It's...gaaaah

    Interesting girls have better shit to do than to focus purely on IMing.

    Exactly. She's fantastic when we're hanging out in person but then she gets on IM and...it's like pulling teeth.

    Which is fantastic, because she lives 7 hours away, so this is the only way we can talk.

  • IncenjucarIncenjucar QA Tester -> Game Producer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    _J_ wrote: »
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    _J_ wrote: »
    This girl I like is the worst IM partner ever.

    She gets on IM and then reads, so she replies every 5 minutes.

    It's...gaaaah

    Interesting girls have better shit to do than to focus purely on IMing.

    Exactly. She's fantastic when we're hanging out in person but then she gets on IM and...it's like pulling teeth.

    Which is fantastic, because she lives 7 hours away, so this is the only way we can talk.

    Welcome to every relationship of mine ever.

    Also: Did you know that girls can be distracted from IMing even when they're involved enough to be flashing their tits? It's absurd, but it's true.

    Also during phone calls. Girl cooks washes dishes and such while we have conversations.

    freefallagentad_zps635a83ed.png
  • ElldrenElldren 3067-6294-6208Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    do you mean I'm a bad IM partner? :o

  • ElldrenElldren 3067-6294-6208Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    _J_ wrote: »
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    _J_ wrote: »
    This girl I like is the worst IM partner ever.

    She gets on IM and then reads, so she replies every 5 minutes.

    It's...gaaaah

    Interesting girls have better shit to do than to focus purely on IMing.

    Exactly. She's fantastic when we're hanging out in person but then she gets on IM and...it's like pulling teeth.

    Which is fantastic, because she lives 7 hours away, so this is the only way we can talk.

    Welcome to every relationship of mine ever.

    Also: Did you know that girls can be distracted from IMing even when they're involved enough to be flashing their tits? It's absurd, but it's true.

    Also during phone calls. Girl cooks washes dishes and such while we have conversations.

    You say this like there's something wrong with it... :(

  • IncenjucarIncenjucar QA Tester -> Game Producer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Elldren wrote: »
    do you mean I'm a bad IM partner? :o

    Get on MSN and show your tits and I'll see how well you pay attention and then we'll know.

    And then after everything will be incredibly awkward.

    --

    Elldren: It's mostly a problem due to terrible phones vs. the sound of running water.

    Otherwise I'm actually pretty happy to be included in her everyday doings because goddamn I miss being with her in person.

    freefallagentad_zps635a83ed.png
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Best method to fax without a phone line?

    XMSODhjrer45.gif
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Who is Kurtz?

    steam_sig.png
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar QA Tester -> Game Producer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    uh....phones?

    Yes. They are these magical devices that are like mp3s for talking which are made by these little boxes you hold up to your face.

    freefallagentad_zps635a83ed.png
  • ElldrenElldren 3067-6294-6208Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I assume Scott Kurtz

  • LudiousLudious Festering butt-snuffler Dickville, pop: meRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Organichu wrote: »
    Best method to fax without a phone line?

    there are online fax services as long as you can get the documentation digital


    Google Talk: ludious83
  • BobCescaBobCesca Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    uh....phones?

    Yes. They are these magical devices that are like mp3s for talking which are made by these little boxes you hold up to your face.

    Plus, I tend to read or watch TV or something when I'm on the phone. I'm really bad at non face-to-face conversations.

  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Well yeah I mean assuming I have an all in one printer/copier/scanner/fax machine... any of those services free? It'd be nice to receive faxes, too, but the only 'need' is to send faxes. I'm tired of going to Staples to send a stupid 1 page fax.

    XMSODhjrer45.gif
  • ElldrenElldren 3067-6294-6208Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Multitasking.

    It is useful.

  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Organichu wrote: »
    Best method to fax without a phone line?

    Do you have access to a scanner or digital camera?

    tea-1.jpg
  • LudiousLudious Festering butt-snuffler Dickville, pop: meRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Organichu wrote: »
    Well yeah I mean assuming I have an all in one printer/copier/scanner/fax machine... any of those services free? It'd be nice to receive faxes, too, but the only 'need' is to send faxes. I'm tired of going to Staples to send a stupid 1 page fax.

    http://faxzero.com/


    Google Talk: ludious83
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Why can't you just e-mail it as an attachment?

    tea-1.jpg
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar QA Tester -> Game Producer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Elldren wrote: »
    Multitasking.

    It is useful.

    This is why laps and loveseats.

    freefallagentad_zps635a83ed.png
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Six pack on a dick Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Dog chewed through the cat5 cable going to the 360 upstairs... this after last night where she got stung by something and puffed up like a balloon, requiring an oatmeal bath and benadryl...

    2 strikes puppy, 2 strikes...

    h1DI1.jpg
    All my fuckin life I lived a normal fuckin life
  • ElldrenElldren 3067-6294-6208Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    Multitasking.

    It is useful.

    This is why laps and loveseats.

    :?:

  • LudiousLudious Festering butt-snuffler Dickville, pop: meRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Dog chewed through the cat5 cable going to the 360 upstairs... this after last night where she got stung by something and puffed up like a balloon, requiring an oatmeal bath and benadryl...

    2 strikes puppy, 2 strikes...

    To err is human. To forgive is canine.


    Google Talk: ludious83
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Elldren wrote: »
    I assume Scott Kurtz

    Oh one of those guys. You know what's not funny XKCD.

    steam_sig.png
  • real_pochaccoreal_pochacco Registered User
    edited July 2009
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    OremLK wrote: »
    Achewood has characterization?

    Yes. And a strong use of language.

    It's basically a slice of life of absurd people.

    I think the Achewood thing comes down to this.

    You aren't going to really get into it unless you read all of it, starting from the beginning.

    So pretty much the question is not really, "Do you like Achewood?" it's "Did you decide before enjoying it that you would invest the time it takes to get into it?"

  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I just watched eternal sunshine of the spotless mind.....

    pretty good.

  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    moniker wrote: »
    Why can't you just e-mail it as an attachment?

    Because the debtor requested a fax.

    XMSODhjrer45.gif
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar QA Tester -> Game Producer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Elldren wrote: »
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    Multitasking.

    It is useful.

    This is why laps and loveseats.

    :?:

    One of my best memories ever was having the girl on my lap being frisky while I finished an essay.

    She could have easily been playing DS or something at the same time.

    Loveseats are great because you can curl up against each other and hammer away at your laptops at the same time.

    freefallagentad_zps635a83ed.png
  • SQUIRREL!SQUIRREL! __BANNED USERS
    edited July 2009
    God, fucking lightning bugs are all over the place.

  • ElldrenElldren 3067-6294-6208Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I think the biggest hurdle to my getting into achewood is the character design.

    for something so character-driven this is a big hurdle.

  • Dr Mario KartDr Mario Kart Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    uh....phones?

    Yes. They are these magical devices that are like mp3s for talking which are made by these little boxes you hold up to your face.
    You new age kids and your fads. It'll never take off. Telegraph 4 lyfe STOP

  • IncenjucarIncenjucar QA Tester -> Game Producer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    OremLK wrote: »
    Achewood has characterization?

    Yes. And a strong use of language.

    It's basically a slice of life of absurd people.

    I think the Achewood thing comes down to this.

    You aren't going to really get into it unless you read all of it, starting from the beginning.

    So pretty much the question is not really, "Do you like Achewood?" it's "Did you decide before enjoying it that you would invest the time it takes to get into it?"

    Basically most people are used to comics having a style along the lines of genre or joke books, while Achewood has a more literary style to it. Doesn't make it objectively anything, but it requires a different approach.

    freefallagentad_zps635a83ed.png
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Six pack on a dick Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Ludious wrote: »
    Dog chewed through the cat5 cable going to the 360 upstairs... this after last night where she got stung by something and puffed up like a balloon, requiring an oatmeal bath and benadryl...

    2 strikes puppy, 2 strikes...

    To err is human. To forgive is canine.
    2 strikes Ludious, 2 strikes...

    h1DI1.jpg
    All my fuckin life I lived a normal fuckin life
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Want to talk...can't get her to talk...GAAAAAaarrrgg

  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
This discussion has been closed.