As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mini-Phalla] Guess Who? Mafia/Chameleon victory

1111213141517»

• TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    OoooO

Is Sloth slacking?
    Am I going to have to hurt him?

OoooO

Silence MORTAL!

Anyways... ready for the Grand Conclusion ~ Here we go:

"Quick, get rid of the smiley bastards!" The village screamed at Timmy
    "Hmm, OK then, be right back." Timmy picked up the smiling characters and dragged them away to meet their certain doom.

"Hmm, I couldn't find any bad guys in those cards, that's not good." Timmy said, although nobody seemed to be around. "Where did everybody go?" He wondered, as suddenly he was attacked. No longer content to just make sure Timmy lost guess who, the remaining mafia members killed him, as the rest of the village was no longer around to hold them back. THEY KILLED LITTLE TIMMY!!!

Meanwhile, down the road, The Chameleon was letting himself into Little Susie's Guess Who? game, it seems Susan had gone missing, and he figured it was easier to replace her than to deal with the mafia.

Mafia and Chameleon victory!

Role Stuff (I think there's one or two missing):
    You are also -- Sociable
    Each night you may target one person, you will chat with them for a while and learn there name.

You are also -- Stylist
    Each night you may target one person and can
    -Change their hair color
    -Add or remove a hat
    -Give them Rosy Cheeks
    -Other stuff a stylist might do, feel free to get creative... but not to creative.

You are also -- Optometrist
    Each night you may target one person and can
    -Change their eye color with colored contacts
    -Add or remove glasses

You are also -- A demographics fanatic
    Each night you can ask for a list of players whose characters have a physical characteristic. You will not know which person they are however.

You are also -- Mafia
    Fatal3RR0R, oldmanken, samurai6966, Captain Eleven, and Erich Zahn make up the cheating mafia. Each game you can cheat by eliminating 2 people. The person who submits these kills is relevant to some abilities, so choose wisely.

You are also -- The Chameleon
    Each night, you can target one person, and will become indistinguishable from them, meaning you will have the same appearance and will seer as them. Each night you can use your deceptive powers to track someone else and find out about them, your only goal is to survive.

You are also -- A best friend
    You and Claire (Trust) are best friends, you know that neither of the two of you could be evil.

You are also -- Barber
    -Change their hair color
    -Add or remove facial hair
    -Add or remove all hair
    -Other stuff a barber might do, feel free to get creative... but not to creative.

Some spread sheetage:

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Fatal3RR0RFatal3RR0R Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Go us!

Fatal3RR0R on
    peachip4sig.png
  • Captain ElevenCaptain Eleven The last card is a kronk Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Hi5 Mafia brothers! Took a huge gamble with the kill target on the first day and it paid off.

Captain Eleven on
    steam_sig.png
  • oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Well played my mafia brothers! :)

oldmanken on
  • crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Well, I was right being suspicious of two of you.

The rest of the village was pretty dumb, not gonna lie.

crimsoncoyote on
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    village lost because they didn't slow down.

really after they saw that the mafia only got 1 kill a night, they should have tried to eliminate people slowly instead of in chunks.

of course it didn't help that the vig and seer died day 1 and that there was no guard.....

I personally blame OS. cause really, what vig kills the person he was arguing with? its like puting a sign on your back saying "I'M PROBABLY THE VIG"

Dunadan019 on
    edited July 2009
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

really after they saw that the mafia only got 1 kill a night, they should have tried to eliminate people slowly instead of in chunks.

of course it didn't help that the vig and seer died day 1 and that there was no guard.....

I personally blame OS. cause really, what vig kills the person he was arguing with? its like puting a sign on your back saying "I'M PROBABLY THE VIG"

We actually had 2. Due to a couple bandwagon changes I didn't see coming, we didn't get both to go through until the 3rd day.

Captain Eleven on
    steam_sig.png
    edited July 2009
    Huh? Mafia had 2 kills.

Also, I agree. The village benefited more from taking it slow. It would have been good if people actually listened and Typhus didn't act like a nut, followed by KingMole providing useless info to try to move the bandwagon off the females.

Dun, I targeted OS as well, even though he was trying to say I was mafia, with logic that was full of holes.

crimsoncoyote on
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009

We actually had 2. Due to a couple bandwagon changes I didn't see coming, we didn't get both to go through until the 3rd day.
    Wait, what?

Send your orders in at the last minute like good little mafia.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
    edited July 2009
    I know you did, he told me after we died.

I targetted vagrant with her not wearing glasses incase the mafia had an ability to change someones appearance to get them killed.

Dunadan019 on
    edited July 2009
    Spectrum wrote: »

Wait, what?

Send your orders in at the last minute like good little mafia.

(In my defense I got tied up at a family thing one day and wasn't online for vote close.)

Captain Eleven on
    steam_sig.png
  • oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'm a little surprised that there wasn't deeper suspicion of Captain Eleven and I, as we were none too subtle about our voting patterns. That said, we didn't do a whole lot of vote justification, as a lot of the time the vote was already moving in the direction we wanted to go. The only one that didn't go the way we wanted it to was the first, and that was a pretty close one.

oldmanken on
  • samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Since the mafia won, does that mean I won too? I was the driving force for the mafia on day 1! I was the power without a throne! I was the man who killed the seer! I WAS AWESOMELY KILLED!

samurai6966 on
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    This game had some interesting mechanics, but due to day one insanity and high number of kills, there was no way for a network to really form and use them. I think these mechanics (multi-village kill + player/character abstraction) have some huge potential, but you'd need 50+ people to really take advantage of them.

All in all, well played mafia. I'm just disappointed that we never got a chance to really flex our powers.

Houn on
  • The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    It was funny to watch everyone go crazy and just slide around the vote.

The_Reflection on
  • WilDPanthA05WilDPanthA05 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Huh? Mafia had 2 kills.

Also, I agree. The village benefited more from taking it slow. It would have been good if people actually listened and Typhus didn't act like a nut, followed by KingMole providing useless info to try to move the bandwagon off the females.

And by nut I mean fucking moron

WilDPanthA05 on
  • KingMoleKingMole Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'm going to be honest.

I was very likely the worst seer in the game, due to my oversleeping vote close twice (TWICE!).

Also I am a terrible seer in choices. In that I chose Typhus, went to bed and found out he revealed as I was sleeping.

EDIT: And then proceeded to almost pull a MGW.

KingMole on
    doomrider_sigPA.png
    edited July 2009
    oldmanken wrote: »
    I'm a little surprised that there wasn't deeper suspicion of Captain Eleven and I, as we were none too subtle about our voting patterns. That said, we didn't do a whole lot of vote justification, as a lot of the time the vote was already moving in the direction we wanted to go. The only one that didn't go the way we wanted it to was the first, and that was a pretty close one.

I was pretty suspicious of both of you. I just didn't have the chance to use my power for it, because the last vote I was alive for was the female vote (which I could not make you guys).

crimsoncoyote on
    edited July 2009
    Ok ... I agree ...
    You sucked

WilDPanthA05 on
  • Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Dun, I targeted OS as well, even though he was trying to say I was mafia, with logic that was full of holes.

I never thought you were mafia, I just wanted you to respond with something more than the super arrogant "no" response you always give.

And to Dunedan, I killed you because I would rather just not have to wonder if you were evil based on your level of vocalness in the thread. If you were mafia it would have been devastating to the village. And the "no vig should kill the person they were arguing with" is stupid since most people would have assumed it WASN'T me, because it would be too "dumb" to do so since it would paint a target on me. Since it would have come down to a which tea is poisoned argument to anyone trying to figure it out, it didn't matter at all.

To everyone bringing up the game theory again?

My strat would have killed 3 mafia. What did I say? Would statistically hit at least 2? --> OS 1
    I said that it was obvious that JC wasn't evil and that his reveal was just a misunderstanding. He wasn't evil and he was telling the truth --> OS 2
    I said that it was obvious that Houn wasn't evil and was also right --> OS 3
    I Correctly revealed to the real seer, which if he had been guarded would have instantly joined the forces of seer and vig had there actually been a real guard --> OS 4
    If you want to get technical, I also correctly identified that CC wasn't evil --> OS 5

Too bad CC is too blind to see past grudges.... So I die day 1. So obviously since I killed dunadan and got killed stupidly by CC, but was still RIGHT about the 5 major things I assumed on day 1, that DEFINITELY makes me the worst vig ever.

Once again you all can fuck the hell off. :P

Orange Soda on
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    To everyone bringing up the game theory again?

My strat would have killed 3 mafia. What did I say? Would statistically hit at least 2? --> OS 1
    I said that it was obvious that JC wasn't evil and that his reveal was just a misunderstanding. He wasn't evil and he was telling the truth --> OS 2
    I said that it was obvious that Houn wasn't evil and was also right --> OS 3
    I Correctly revealed to the real seer, which if he had been guarded would have instantly joined the forces of seer and vig had there actually been a real guard --> OS 4
    If you want to get technical, I also correctly identified that CC wasn't evil --> OS 5

Vigilante dies night one; -10 points.
    Vigilante takes out another vigilante; -5 points.
    Vigilante reveals to a seer who is unconfirmed and rather loose with information; -10 points

These scores do not work out all that well for you.
    In all seriousness, I agreed with your "kill as many people as possible" strategy, and think it would have worked out better for the village. Especially when we lost so many decent specials on night one.

Burnage on
    edited July 2009
    Me dying wasn't my fault -> CC's fault.

I'll give you -3 points for the second one since dunedan wasn't a full vig, he could only change someone.

I don't agree with the last one.

I'm still at +2 :P

Orange Soda on
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I don't agree with the last one.

Vigilante doesn't know game theory; -1000

Burnage on
    edited July 2009
    Since the mafia won, does that mean I won too? I was the driving force for the mafia on day 1! I was the power without a throne! I was the man who killed the seer! I WAS AWESOMELY KILLED!

You get a lot of the credit for our seer kill day 1 that's for sure.

Captain Eleven on
    steam_sig.png
    edited July 2009
    And to Dunedan, I killed you because I would rather just not have to wonder if you were evil based on your level of vocalness in the thread. If you were mafia it would have been devastating to the village. And the "no vig should kill the person they were arguing with" is stupid since most people would have assumed it WASN'T me, because it would be too "dumb" to do so since it would paint a target on me. Since it would have come down to a which tea is poisoned argument to anyone trying to figure it out, it didn't matter at all.

man, I'm vocal in every game I play if you haven't noticed.

also, you can't assume everybody is smart and will follow that double reasoning instead of taking the simpler answer. esp when it comes to the village.

also, -2 for spelling my name wrong. :P

Dunadan019 on
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    How many of the people who revealed were in line to die from the vote?

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

You get a lot of the credit for our seer kill day 1 that's for sure.

Samurai6966 +1 point for kill.
    Samurai6966 - 2 for trying to save one mafia and getting the dude I was trying to save and myself killed.

My first phalla was awesome. Im glad played with ya'll.

samurai6966 on
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    hahahahahahahahahahaha

I shouldn't laugh at you guys...

hahahahahahahaahahahahaha

You woulda been so much better off if you followed Burnage's instincts.

lonelyahava on
    edited July 2009
    I still can't believe you guys didn't do "is the mafioso black"

Orange Soda on
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

"Is the mafioso white?" would have been better. The RNG would have decided if the sole black character was village or mafia.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
    edited July 2009

"Is the mafioso white?" would have been better. The RNG would have decided if the sole black character was village or mafia.

Errr that's what I meant. :P

Orange Soda on
    edited July 2009
    I never thought you were mafia, I just wanted you to respond with something more than the super arrogant "no" response you always give.
    Yet, when I did answer the way you wanted me to, I showed how much your arguments were full of holes. Then you stopped addressing me. So, really, "No" was the appropriate response, and you didn't think I was anyway.
    You don't account for the fact that the village benefited more from letting the days drag on to gain more information. Had what you wanted happened, that would have left 2 mafia still up, with not much to go on for the final votes, basically just blind guessing from then on. Even then, you're relying on statistics to hit the mafia with a very low sample size (i.e. one), which you can't really do, because, well, it's random.
    (Glasses took out 2 mafia, and only 7 total died. That's better than 3 of 13 or 14)
    Burnage was right on this, revealing to an unconfirmed anything isn't really a good play.
    You did. You also derailed the thread a bit.
    Too bad CC is too blind to see past grudges.... So I die day 1. So obviously since I killed dunadan and got killed stupidly by CC, but was still RIGHT about the 5 major things I assumed on day 1, that DEFINITELY makes me the worst vig ever.
    No, I'm not "too blind". You were distracting the thread, with bad ideas, grudging was just icing on the cake. Plus, I don't think I've ever had the opportunity to grudge someone effectively (and I also don't make grudges at the drop of a hat).

crimsoncoyote on
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    What's phalla without taking some risks?

vagrant_winds on
    edited July 2009
    More like, what's phalla without people bitching at each other at the end?

KingMole on
    doomrider_sigPA.png
    edited July 2009
    Yet, when I did answer the way you wanted me to, I showed how much your arguments were full of holes. Then you stopped addressing me. So, really, "No" was the appropriate response, and you didn't think I was anyway.
    You don't account for the fact that the village benefited more from letting the days drag on to gain more information. Had what you wanted happened, that would have left 2 mafia still up, with not much to go on for the final votes, basically just blind guessing from then on. Even then, you're relying on statistics to hit the mafia with a very low sample size (i.e. one), which you can't really do, because, well, it's random.
    (Glasses took out 2 mafia, and only 7 total died. That's better than 3 of 13 or 14)
    Burnage was right on this, revealing to an unconfirmed anything isn't really a good play.
    You did. You also derailed the thread a bit.
    No, I'm not "too blind". You were distracting the thread, with bad ideas, grudging was just icing on the cake. Plus, I don't think I've ever had the opportunity to grudge someone effectively (and I also don't make grudges at the drop of a hat).

You cry a lot.

edit: I'll stop being antagonistic, this thread should die. We obviously disagree, so let's just leave it at that.

Orange Soda on
    edited July 2009
    And yet this thread continues

KingMole on
    doomrider_sigPA.png
    edited July 2009
    KingMole wrote: »
    More like, what's phalla without people bitching at each other at the end?

Point: Yours. I concede.

vagrant_winds on
    edited July 2009
    This is what I see right now:

crybaby2.jpg

WilDPanthA05 on
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Jesus guys, stop trolling/being dicks already.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg