Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Submitted for your approval: Augmentos

• KingMoleKingMole Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    KingMole wrote: »
    This seems like a pretty great idea.

There's a line 50 billion long to do a Phalla over in CF, not to mention the baggage and grudges that exist after so many games.

While I agree on the line being long, most grudges are usually forgotten within a game or two.

Unless you did something monumentally retarded.

I would hope so. I've only participated in a couple of the ones in CF, but the one that sticks out in my mind was the LotR phalla where people were grudge voting all over the place on the first and second day. I think a couple of people quit because they were so sick of it.

uh, honestly, I haven't seen a Phalla yet where first-round voting wasn't decided by grudge voting

I don't know if a new forum would exactly solve that, but hopefully there would be enough fresh faces that that would become less of a thing.

That's my thinking. I would hope with new people there would be less history for people to be assholes about and at least temporarily halt grudge voting.

Grudge voting doesn't bother me. The only real dick move is continually voting/killing someone on day 1.

doomrider_sigPA.png
  • SwillSwill Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I've been trying to find out, but cannot find out, what a phalla is.

• KoshianKoshian __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    edited July 2009
    oh neat, this seems like something I would enjoy

edited July 2009
    Koshian wrote: »
    Swill wrote: »
    I've been trying to find out, but cannot find out, what a phalla is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Are_You_a_Werewolf

That. Phalla is just the PA-y name for it.
    Swill wrote: »
    oh neat, this seems like something I would enjoy

Well, Neville's starts tomorrow in CF.

doomrider_sigPA.png
    edited July 2009
  • ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    There are some advantages to having this as a physically separate (though socially closely tied) forum. If it were hosted here, Tube would ultimately be responsible for it, regardless of how hard we worked to stay out of his hair, and he's got enough on his plate keeping this place in check as it is. Generally, what we wanted to do with the place would have to be balanced against what he, Khoo, and Alphamonkey are willing to put up with on the main site. How quickly do you think at least one of them would (justifiably) lose patience with having waves of new sub-forums coming and going through the directory as games start and finish?

With this structure we almost have the best of both worlds. It's not an official forum, so if it gets spammed to hell or becomes a new nesting ground for trolls none of the admins or mods here have to worry about it. But at the same time, it maintains close ties to the existing forums and doesn't tread on the toes of what's already established, so that should minimise any "splinter forum" mentality. At the risk of sounding like I'm waving my dick around, I will crack down very harshly on anyone who looks down their nose at the official forums, and I'd expect any mods I appoint to do the same.

The Genius of the Daleks

Latest upload: Chapter Five on 13th of March, 2014
  • KoshianKoshian __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    more people should start signing up for this, or I won't get any opportunities to abuse my power

edited July 2009
    I got a pretty hot idea for a phalla, so, sure

The Genius of the Daleks

• The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository SKREEEEEOOOONKKKKKK Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    You know what would be great? A Jurassic Park phalla. I need to get to work on figuring this out.

We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried. Most people were silent. I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty, and, to impress him, takes on his multi-armed form and says, 'Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds'.
  • FishmanFishman I find your lack of Hail Hydra! disturbingRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    At first I was all like 'another splinter forum?', but after thinking about it, I could see the argument that there is a gap in market that a niche non-OF could cover. All it should really need is the necessary demand to justify it. Which, given the proclivities of these boards, probably means Phallas, for the most part.

I'll be interested to see where this goes.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • bwaniebwanie Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Gumpy wrote: »
    bwanie wrote: »
    Hunter's right though, i thought it was a portmanteau as well.

re: the idea itself. I don't think we need another place to phalla just because some folks don't want to play the CF phallas, but i do like the idea of a life-support forum.

What is wrong with playing them in CF

I don't know!

• The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository SKREEEEEOOOONKKKKKK Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Gumpy wrote: »

re: the idea itself. I don't think we need another place to phalla just because some folks don't want to play the CF phallas, but i do like the idea of a life-support forum.

What is wrong with playing them in CF

I don't know!

There's nothing wrong with playing them in CF, but as was mentioned before the line to get a phalla going is rather long and it goes one at a time. Augmentos seems like a good thing for those who have a good idea for a phalla or any other game but don't want to have to wait a number of months before they can actually play it.

We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried. Most people were silent. I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty, and, to impress him, takes on his multi-armed form and says, 'Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds'.
  • thorgotthorgot Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Not that this should discourage you (and in fact I think it should encourage you), a banned forumer started something similar.

campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • AntimatterAntimatter if you want to talk to me look elsewhere.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    You know what would be great? A Jurassic Park phalla. I need to get to work on figuring this out.

it could be based on the early script for Jurassic Park 4, there's those who are trying to hunt the velociraptors, and the mafia are the talking velociraptor assassins

edited July 2009
    Antimatter wrote: »

it could be based on the early script for Jurassic Park 4, there's those who are trying to hunt the velociraptors, and the mafia are the talking velociraptor assassins

But I have to pretend that never existed if only to preserve my sanity. Oh what to do what to do.
    thorgot wrote: »
    Not that this should discourage you (and in fact I think it should encourage you), a banned forumer started something similar.

I think theirs was phallic discussion only oh ho ho

• That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

There's a line 50 billion long to do a Phalla over in CF, not to mention the baggage and grudges that exist after so many games.

While I agree on the line being long, most grudges are usually forgotten within a game or two.

I would hope so. I've only participated in a couple of the ones in CF, but the one that sticks out in my mind was the LotR phalla where people were grudge voting all over the place on the first and second day. I think a couple of people quit because they were so sick of it.

gonne grudge vote the fuck out of you

shelob

edited July 2009

shelob

Man what. I wasn't no spider. Was there a spider? Did I say I was a spider? I don't remember. All I know is that ZombieKyle will never trust me in a phalla ever again because of that game. I had him so convinced I was a good guy that he kept defending me against half the good heroes all the while I was doing my damndest to get him killed.

If you hadn't been turned into Gandalf, good side would have been toast.

• FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I prefer the name FAQmentos

edited July 2009

shelob

Man what. I wasn't no spider. Was there a spider? Did I say I was a spider? I don't remember. All I know is that ZombieKyle will never trust me in a phalla ever again because of that game. I had him so convinced I was a good guy that he kept defending me against half the good heroes all the while I was doing my damndest to get him killed.

If you hadn't been turned into Gandalf, good side would have been toast.

And if I hadn't randomly decided near the end to go "Man I wonder what will happen if I use the ring," I would maybe have survived to the end.

doomrider_sigPA.png
  • That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Man, I wish I didn't get everyone on the good side to kill me. My pre death abilities were so much cooler.

edited July 2009
    FAQ wrote: »
    I prefer the name FAQmentos

noooo spiders

• Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Butler wrote: »

It is a portmanteau, augment meaning to improve by adding to, and mentos being the freshmaker.

It's not just for phallas, though it could be used for that. There's also stuff like the UNIFIED game Pony tried to get off the ground a while back, and the quiz game Ramius ran here a while ago.
    I remember when I found them using that quiz board to attempt to play Unified lol

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43

heh

you found them

• The Far SideThe Far Side __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    it was me. i found them.

33aqfwk.jpg
    edited July 2009
    all by herself apparently

edited July 2009
    Antimatter wrote: »

But I have to pretend that never existed if only to preserve my sanity. Oh what to do what to do.
    thorgot wrote: »

I think theirs was phallic discussion only oh ho ho

Yes, it seems to be. Which strikes me as a strange choice: They've gone to the trouble of making an extra forum, why not make the most of the extra space?

The Genius of the Daleks

• AntimatterAntimatter if you want to talk to me look elsewhere.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Thank god for Augmentos, mirite guys?

• NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    what did it do?

edited July 2009
  • WeaverWeaver send help pirates have meRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    edited July 2009
    How long were the forums down?

• thorgotthorgot Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    NotACrook wrote: »
    How long were the forums down?

18 hours

campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Darkness MundusDarkness Mundus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I went to sleep at 7am and woke up at midnight where I proceeded to play wow until the servers went down. Apparently I missed the whole forum down thing.

edited July 2009
    I was at work, but mostly I was listening to the Apollo footage, and then I played ArmA2 for hours after the Nats game.

edited July 2009

The Genius of the Daleks

edited July 2009
    I still don't know what Phalla is other than being some kind of game.

edited July 2009
    That was superliminal advertising just then, by the way.

The Genius of the Daleks

• I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights fuck tough be coolRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I was gonna apply to be a mod when you first put this up and then I realized that is a terrible idea

• Big Red TieBig Red Tie a storm rocks a ship on a sea the wind shakes the leaves on a treeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    i have never done a phalla before but it is summer so i probably have time to do it
    is it ok if i sign up (bryar sign up)

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights fuck tough be coolRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009