As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

So, school

2»

• Options
    RonjonRonjon Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Teacher's always gave me better grades when I would tell them what part of the rubric I was covering.
    For example, if the rubric said "relate article back to text book" I would say in my speech very loudly, "I found this article related back to the text book because it showed (insert random bolded textbook word) working in the real world."

Ronjon on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    Ronjon wrote: »
    Teacher's always gave me better grades when I would tell them what part of the rubric I was covering.
    For example, if the rubric said "relate article back to text book" I would say in my speech very loudly, "I found this article related back to the text book because it showed (insert random bolded textbook word) working in the real world."

I bet they give you worse grades when you improperly pluralize a word.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    improperly pluralize words

TyrantCow on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    to be honest with you, they don't. there isn't a spot for that on their rubric.

edit: Are you referring to "Teacher's" as the improper thing?

Ronjon on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    As7As7 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I used to have a lot of trouble with public speaking.

But my senior college prep english project helped me get over that. Me and a partner had to talk the entire classroom period, about 45 minutes. The assignment simply had to have something to do with the British Empire.

We chose the Hong Kong film industry. I prepared so much for the speech that I got over my normally shaky, muttering, self. It was a pretty awesome speech too, my partner didn't talk much during the speech and was nervous but he knew this guy who was able to splice together video footage of documentaries on bruce lee and film footage showing off filming techniques and classic movies from the region. We were only allowed eight minutes of video though, and I used it more as a power point style thing than anything else.

We got a B+ on the assignment because the teacher took a point off for "relevance." But everyone agreed that we had the most awesome speech of the class.

To contrast, my Junior year I was in an Oceanography class and did a report on the Giant Otter. I studdered and shook sooooo badly I couldn't continue at certain points.

Fortunately my teacher saw that my written report was really good and passed me, even though I told him right after words that I didn't think I deserved to pass the spoken portion.

As7 on
    XBOX Live: Arsenic7
    Secret Satan
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    Ronjon wrote: »
    Are you referring to "Teacher's" as the improper thing?

Yes.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    Damn kid's.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Druhim wrote: »
    Damn kid's.

<3

Ronjon on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Damn Oldies

FAQ on
  • Options
    GSMGSM Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Is the speech about anti-humor comedy?

GSM on
    We'll get back there someday.
  • Options
    Phil316Phil316 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    i had to give an 8 minute speech about a paper im writing for my international relations class last week

i purposely didn't prepare anything presentation-wise, so i just kind of rambled about my arguments for 8 minutes. i was nervous and shaking and stuff but honestly i didnt really care too much

i was pushing 9 minutes when the teacher interrupted me, so i just stopped mid sentence and said "ok sweet im done"

Phil316 on
    americanfootballsigdi0.jpg
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    In Grade 12 English, we had a show and tell thing. Bring in something that's meaningful to you and talk about it for a few minutes.

I brought in a receipt from a drug store where the total came out to $5.00 exactly. I talked about it for about 5 minutes, and you know what?

It was the best presentation in the class.

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    IHasABucketIHasABucket Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I'll soon be doing a speech about the effects LSD had on people and society, both short term and long term.

College speechcomm courses sound like more fun than high school ones...

IHasABucket on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]