As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Another "What was that game?"

HypatiaHypatia Registered User regular
edited July 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
I was trying to describe this game to my bf and all these threads asking for help naming a game make me think that one of you people might know the name of it so I can look it up to show it to him.

In this game I believe that you were able to travel around in a hot air balloon, when you were traveling in it it showed you the geography and your balloon was a circle that you could drift around. Occasionally you could land at some kind of an enclave and sell stuff you had collected. There was a level with an old man who was supposed to give you advice, and some kind of auction house with aliens bidding. Whenever I ever tried to bid on something on the auction house it was inevitably more money than I could afford.

I believe you could also find oil or tar pits or something to collect the oil, but we never had the manual for the game so we never knew what we were supposed to be doing.

That's really vague, but I'm hoping one of you is magical and know what the hell I'm talking about!

Edit: If I remember right, this was a game that you had to load up in DOS, before the days of Windows.

Hypatia on

• Options
    useless4useless4 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    i swear i was wandering around the grocery store thinking the same exact thing... i think you and i have the same game in mind.

in my game you could also go shopping and you had an actual shopping cart. you could upgrade your blimp balloon too.

I think it was quasi educational. hope that helps because i want to know too

useless4 on
  • Options
    VoroVoro Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Would it be In Search of the Most Amazing Thing? What little info I can find seems to match, and it was available for Apple II, Atari 8-bit, Commodore 64, and DOS.

Voro on
    XBL GamerTag: Comrade Nexus
  • Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Voro wrote: »
    Would it be In Search of the Most Amazing Thing? What little info I can find seems to match, and it was available for Apple II, Atari 8-bit, Commodore 64, and DOS.

I'm guessing this is it. It was made by Spinnaker.
    1023297771_d578bb1e9e.jpg
    MetallicanAuction.jpg

Esh on
  • Options
    HypatiaHypatia Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Holy crap, you guys rock! That's it! I'm not crazy!

Thank you! :D

Hypatia on
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Now I need more information about this game...

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.