As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat] Bowl!

1343536373840»

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Gim wrote: »
    I had a dream the other night that I got a Palm Pre.

Which is really strange because I have no desire to own one.

Ahahaha. I am taking credit for this dream.

Sarksus on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
  • JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Jokerman wrote: »
    I need to find some kind of bag that's smaller than a messenger but doesn't look like a purse.

Chome makes several different sizes, and none of them look like purses.

Oh wow, they've added some new bags to their inventory. The last time I looked there wasn't anything smaller than a small messenger.

And I will personaly vouch for their durability. Their messanger bags are kinda nothrills on the inside, but they always get the job done.

Jokerman on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2009
    Podly buddy you know I love ya', but I just came across a post of yours in another thread and I actually lost it and started laughing out loud with everyone here sleeping:
    I felt as a vampire might as he or she acquires a taste for blood -- repulsed, and yet wanting more at the same time.

It's so fan fiction y. I love it. <3 Podly.

Organichu on
    edited July 2009
    crumpler makes good bags

But fuck its website.

Timbuk2 seems to have added some new stuff too. I have a backpack made by them. It's wonderful.

Sarksus on
    edited July 2009
    Yeah I've never seen their new offerings in person but I can definitely attest to the durability of Chrome bags in general. Insanely good durability, very stain resistant, stylish, comfortable, etc.

Organichu on
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    hehe

MR12A-img02-b2361201-6ac6-4272-918f-7c97fbff44cf.jpg

skippydumptruck on
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    crumpler makes good bags

But fuck its website.

Timbuk2 seems to have added some new stuff too. I have a backpack made by them. It's wonderful.

http://www.crumplerbags.com/lite/English/Products.html

NO FLASH!

!!!!

skippydumptruck on
    edited July 2009
    http://www.chromebagsstore.com/vega.html

This is the kind of size I was looking for. I always thought Chrome bags were too boxy though. I want something softer.

Sarksus on
  • GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Gim wrote: »
    I had a dream the other night that I got a Palm Pre.

Which is really strange because I have no desire to own one.

Ahahaha. I am taking credit for this dream.

The next time you have a dream about, um,

microphones

I am taking credit for it.

Gim on
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Podly wrote: »
    pods the chapters near my place was having a big sale and there were some really slick Zizek books that were part of it

i was torn between his book on the subject, and something else, but i ended up getting Violence.

that was stupid

The Ticklish Subject is his best book, better perhaps only by The Parallax View

it was expensive and i thought that, according to the deal, it would not be fiscally responsible to purchase it

i later discovered that it was not "buy 4 books and get the cheapest one free", it was "buy four books and receive a discount equal to 25% of the total price," which is way better.

i'll probably pick it up anyways at some point.

Evil Multifarious on
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Jekyll is pretty awesome.

Quid on
    edited July 2009

This is the kind of size I was looking for. I always thought Chrome bags were too boxy though. I want something softer.

Do you mean boxy|soft as in the texture of the material? Or do you mean as in the structure? I wish my Chrome bag (Metropolis) were more boxy- it's actually quite soft and its inclination is to 'fold in' easily unless I fill it with a lot of stuff. It's not 'stiff' at all, though the material itself is very stiff and tough. The inner framework that holds the canvas is definitely built with a lot of give. 'Rigid' or 'boxy' is a poor description, if that's how you're attempting to use it.

Organichu on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    God damn connectivity issues I need to bash some skulls in for precious, precious SPP.

Inquisitor on
    edited July 2009
    Organichu wrote: »

Do you mean boxy|soft as in the texture of the material? Or do you mean as in the structure? I wish my Chrome bag (Metropolis) were more boxy- it's actually quite soft and its inclination is to 'fold in' easily unless I fill it with a lot of stuff. It's not 'stiff' at all, though the material itself is very stiff and tough. The inner framework that holds the canvas is definitely built with a lot of give. 'Rigid' or 'boxy' is a poor description, if that's how you're attempting to use it.

I mean the shape. They look boxy and stiff.

Sarksus on
    edited July 2009
    Say, I brought the Fox animation thread to a dead stop yesterday.

Call me Gim Threadslayer.

Gim on
  • JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009

wow, that navy\red one is sexy.

But yeah, the reason they're boxy is that they designed to lug shit. The one I have will literaly hold a suitcase of beer easily, so i don't mind it so much. With that being said, I've switched to using my runnur when just kind of walking around for the day to day shit.

Jokerman on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    edited July 2009

I mean the shape. They look boxy and stiff.

Yeah in that case I definitely disagree. If I lay my bag down on its side the material easily 'comes together'... the middle of the bag will be nearly flat.

Organichu on
    edited July 2009
    Organichu, do you remember that site I gave you when you were looking for a sleeve for your Mac? It had a measuring tool that allowed you to pick the bag or sleeve that would fit your laptop perfectly? I can't remember what the name of it was.

Sarksus on
    edited July 2009
    Organichu, do you remember that site I gave you when you were looking for a sleeve for your Mac? It had a measuring tool that allowed you to pick the bag or sleeve that would fit your laptop perfectly? I can't remember what the name of it was.

http://www.sfbags.com/

You order the laptop yet?

Organichu on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Podly wrote: »
    pods the chapters near my place was having a big sale and there were some really slick Zizek books that were part of it

i was torn between his book on the subject, and something else, but i ended up getting Violence.

that was stupid

The Ticklish Subject is his best book, better perhaps only by The Parallax View

it was expensive and i thought that, according to the deal, it would not be fiscally responsible to purchase it

i later discovered that it was not "buy 4 books and get the cheapest one free", it was "buy four books and receive a discount equal to 25% of the total price," which is way better.

i'll probably pick it up anyways at some point.

ha ha

plus, the new design of the ticklish subject is so awesome

is all russian constructivist

@orijew: haha glad you liked it

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    edited July 2009
    Oh, so I finally got around watching the last season of BSG. What a piece of ass.

Just more evidence to my "anything that is longer than 2 seasons isn't worth watching" theory.

Inquisitor on
    edited July 2009

http://www.sfbags.com/

You order the laptop yet?

Yes, that was it. Thank you.

No, I haven't. While I'm pretty confident I'm going to be accepted I nonetheless want to wait until I am before I spend money on something I won't need if I don't move to NYC.

Sarksus on
    edited July 2009
    Death to Invisible. He has invalidated my surname.

Gim on
    edited July 2009
    This is new:

http://www.sfbags.com/products/muzetto/muzetto.htm

And it's classy as fuck.

Sarksus on
    edited July 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Oh, so I finally got around watching the last season of BSG. What a piece of ass.

Just more evidence to my "anything that is longer than 2 seasons isn't worth watching" theory.
    that sounds like a terrible theory

Elendil on
    edited July 2009
    Elendil wrote: »

I haven't seen any series that ran more than two seasons that was worth watching so far. I mean, I'd love to be proven wrong though.

Inquisitor on
    edited July 2009
    Oh my, who would have guessed that the topic regarding creationism being taught in science class would turn into an argument between atheism and theism.

Sarksus on
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I want a LV bag.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited July 2009

I haven't seen any series that ran more than two seasons that was worth watching so far. I mean, I'd love to be proven wrong though.
    Venture Bros.

I'd say Arrested Development, but I recall that you're a heathen.

Elendil on
    edited July 2009

Spongebob Squarepants.

Sarksus on
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Oh my, who would have guessed that the topic regarding creationism being taught in science class would turn into an argument between atheism and theism.

It isn't right now.

I'm pretty sure the principal debaters are all theists there.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited July 2009
    Venture Bros.

I've only caught an episode or three of Venture Bros. here and there. I understand that there are supposed to be jokes happening on the show, but they seem to utterly fail to register as humor at all to me.

Inquisitor on
    edited July 2009
    Elldren wrote: »

It isn't right now.

I'm pretty sure the principal debaters are all theists there.

The seeds were just planted a few moments ago.

Sarksus on
    edited July 2009
    Venture Bros.

I've only caught an episode or three of Venture Bros. here and there. I understand that there are supposed to be jokes happening on the show, but they seem to utterly fail to register as humor at all to me.
    Okay, you're hopeless.

Sorry.

Elendil on
  • MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I've never been interested in talking about a subject with a thread full of people that have black holes at their core.
    This is actually a dig at my own faulty conception of spirituality based on earlier comments how droll.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
    edited July 2009
    This is new:

http://www.sfbags.com/products/muzetto/muzetto.htm

And it's classy as fuck.

For a gay, maybe.

(it is classy as fuck but apparently it's also $239? :o)

Organichu on
    edited July 2009
    Okay, you're hopeless.

Sorry.

No, adult swim just sucks. They run shit like squid billies but don't run shit like Korgoth.

They are dead to me.

Inquisitor on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Thanatos on
This discussion has been closed.