As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Submitted for your approval: Augmentos

• KingMoleKingMole Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Koshian wrote: »
    Swill wrote: »
    I've been trying to find out, but cannot find out, what a phalla is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Are_You_a_Werewolf

That. Phalla is just the PA-y name for it.
    Swill wrote: »
    oh neat, this seems like something I would enjoy

Well, Neville's starts tomorrow in CF.

KingMole on
    doomrider_sigPA.png
  • SwillSwill Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Phallus

Swill on
  • ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    There are some advantages to having this as a physically separate (though socially closely tied) forum. If it were hosted here, Tube would ultimately be responsible for it, regardless of how hard we worked to stay out of his hair, and he's got enough on his plate keeping this place in check as it is. Generally, what we wanted to do with the place would have to be balanced against what he, Khoo, and Alphamonkey are willing to put up with on the main site. How quickly do you think at least one of them would (justifiably) lose patience with having waves of new sub-forums coming and going through the directory as games start and finish?

With this structure we almost have the best of both worlds. It's not an official forum, so if it gets spammed to hell or becomes a new nesting ground for trolls none of the admins or mods here have to worry about it. But at the same time, it maintains close ties to the existing forums and doesn't tread on the toes of what's already established, so that should minimise any "splinter forum" mentality. At the risk of sounding like I'm waving my dick around, I will crack down very harshly on anyone who looks down their nose at the official forums, and I'd expect any mods I appoint to do the same.

Butler on
    edited July 2009
    I got a pretty hot idea for a phalla, so, sure

Butler on
  • The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    You know what would be great? A Jurassic Park phalla. I need to get to work on figuring this out.

The Otaku Suppository on
  • FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    At first I was all like 'another splinter forum?', but after thinking about it, I could see the argument that there is a gap in market that a niche non-OF could cover. All it should really need is the necessary demand to justify it. Which, given the proclivities of these boards, probably means Phallas, for the most part.

I'll be interested to see where this goes.

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Gumpy wrote: »
    bwanie wrote: »
    Hunter's right though, i thought it was a portmanteau as well.

re: the idea itself. I don't think we need another place to phalla just because some folks don't want to play the CF phallas, but i do like the idea of a life-support forum.

What is wrong with playing them in CF

I don't know!

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Gumpy wrote: »

re: the idea itself. I don't think we need another place to phalla just because some folks don't want to play the CF phallas, but i do like the idea of a life-support forum.

What is wrong with playing them in CF

I don't know!

There's nothing wrong with playing them in CF, but as was mentioned before the line to get a phalla going is rather long and it goes one at a time. Augmentos seems like a good thing for those who have a good idea for a phalla or any other game but don't want to have to wait a number of months before they can actually play it.

The Otaku Suppository on
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Not that this should discourage you (and in fact I think it should encourage you), a banned forumer started something similar.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    You know what would be great? A Jurassic Park phalla. I need to get to work on figuring this out.

it could be based on the early script for Jurassic Park 4, there's those who are trying to hunt the velociraptors, and the mafia are the talking velociraptor assassins

Antimatter on
    edited July 2009
    Antimatter wrote: »

it could be based on the early script for Jurassic Park 4, there's those who are trying to hunt the velociraptors, and the mafia are the talking velociraptor assassins

But I have to pretend that never existed if only to preserve my sanity. Oh what to do what to do.
    thorgot wrote: »
    Not that this should discourage you (and in fact I think it should encourage you), a banned forumer started something similar.

I think theirs was phallic discussion only oh ho ho

The Otaku Suppository on
  • That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    KingMole wrote: »
    This seems like a pretty great idea.

There's a line 50 billion long to do a Phalla over in CF, not to mention the baggage and grudges that exist after so many games.

While I agree on the line being long, most grudges are usually forgotten within a game or two.

Unless you did something monumentally retarded.

I would hope so. I've only participated in a couple of the ones in CF, but the one that sticks out in my mind was the LotR phalla where people were grudge voting all over the place on the first and second day. I think a couple of people quit because they were so sick of it.

gonne grudge vote the fuck out of you

shelob

That Dave Fella on
    PSN: ThatDaveFella
    edited July 2009

There's a line 50 billion long to do a Phalla over in CF, not to mention the baggage and grudges that exist after so many games.

While I agree on the line being long, most grudges are usually forgotten within a game or two.

I would hope so. I've only participated in a couple of the ones in CF, but the one that sticks out in my mind was the LotR phalla where people were grudge voting all over the place on the first and second day. I think a couple of people quit because they were so sick of it.

shelob

Man what. I wasn't no spider. Was there a spider? Did I say I was a spider? I don't remember. All I know is that ZombieKyle will never trust me in a phalla ever again because of that game. I had him so convinced I was a good guy that he kept defending me against half the good heroes all the while I was doing my damndest to get him killed.

If you hadn't been turned into Gandalf, good side would have been toast.

The Otaku Suppository on
  • FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I prefer the name FAQmentos

FAQ on
  • KingMoleKingMole Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

shelob

Man what. I wasn't no spider. Was there a spider? Did I say I was a spider? I don't remember. All I know is that ZombieKyle will never trust me in a phalla ever again because of that game. I had him so convinced I was a good guy that he kept defending me against half the good heroes all the while I was doing my damndest to get him killed.

If you hadn't been turned into Gandalf, good side would have been toast.

And if I hadn't randomly decided near the end to go "Man I wonder what will happen if I use the ring," I would maybe have survived to the end.

KingMole on
    doomrider_sigPA.png
  • That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Man, I wish I didn't get everyone on the good side to kill me. My pre death abilities were so much cooler.

That Dave Fella on
    PSN: ThatDaveFella
    edited July 2009
    FAQ wrote: »
    I prefer the name FAQmentos

noooo spiders

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Butler wrote: »

It is a portmanteau, augment meaning to improve by adding to, and mentos being the freshmaker.

It's not just for phallas, though it could be used for that. There's also stuff like the UNIFIED game Pony tried to get off the ground a while back, and the quiz game Ramius ran here a while ago.
    I remember when I found them using that quiz board to attempt to play Unified lol

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43

heh

you found them

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited July 2009
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
    edited July 2009
    all by herself apparently

The Otaku Suppository on
    edited July 2009
    Antimatter wrote: »

But I have to pretend that never existed if only to preserve my sanity. Oh what to do what to do.
    thorgot wrote: »

I think theirs was phallic discussion only oh ho ho

Yes, it seems to be. Which strikes me as a strange choice: They've gone to the trouble of making an extra forum, why not make the most of the extra space?

Butler on
    edited July 2009
    Thank god for Augmentos, mirite guys?

Antimatter on
  • NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    what did it do?

NotASenator on
    edited July 2009
    Antimatter on
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    pacult, anyone

Weaver on
    edited July 2009
    How long were the forums down?

NotASenator on
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    NotACrook wrote: »
    How long were the forums down?

18 hours

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Darkness MundusDarkness Mundus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I went to sleep at 7am and woke up at midnight where I proceeded to play wow until the servers went down. Apparently I missed the whole forum down thing.

Darkness Mundus on
    edited July 2009
    I was at work, but mostly I was listening to the Apollo footage, and then I played ArmA2 for hours after the Nats game.

NotASenator on
    edited July 2009

Butler on
    edited July 2009
    I still don't know what Phalla is other than being some kind of game.

NotASenator on
    edited July 2009
    That was superliminal advertising just then, by the way.

Butler on
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I was gonna apply to be a mod when you first put this up and then I realized that is a terrible idea

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    i have never done a phalla before but it is summer so i probably have time to do it
    is it ok if i sign up (bryar sign up)

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    (okay spencer)

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
    edited July 2009
    i have never done a phalla before but it is summer so i probably have time to do it
    is it ok if i sign up (bryar sign up)

Definitely! But you have to post over there to make it official.

Butler on
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Confession: I skimmed Augmentos three or four times today while the forums were down, and signed up, and then didn't post anything because I suck.

Instead I ate a hamburger and got some exercise and then got drunk, which I guess is an accomplishment in its own way.

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Josiah_9Josiah_9 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Butler wrote: »
    That was superliminal advertising just then, by the way.

JOIN THE NAVY!

Josiah_9 on
    Saturate.jpg
  • SwillSwill Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    what if they don't like me :3

Swill on
  • UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Confession: I skimmed Augmentos three or four times today while the forums were down, and signed up, and then didn't post anything because I suck.

Instead I ate a hamburger and got some exercise and then got drunk, which I guess is an accomplishment in its own way.

I skimmed, posted exactly once and then put furniture together until that got annoying

today I am not exactly shocked to find my arms covered in strange bruises from moving boxes of crap around

Usagi on