As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Arcanum] We were unaware of any activity in the general vasectomy!

1131415161719»

• FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    i can't wait to finish this playthrough so that i can continue on with my evil elf witch

i'm going necromancy and conveyance and maybe summoning, but i don't know about summoning since i'm already a fucking powerhouse with Harm and i'm only like level 5

zap zap dead zap zap dead *evil laugh*

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    It gets harder. Magic power does not scale as well as physical abilities.

Magic starts as god mode and by the end you are sucking down potions.

Meanwhile something like melee is hard for the first 15 ish levels and then basically when you hit Expert Melee you go into skull crackin' mode.

If you are a magic character it is worth doing the sacrifice chain for the extra 100 fatigue at the end of the game.

Jasconius on
  • chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I didn't need many potions at all on my playthroughs way back when. I don't remember how I had it set up, but playing magic was like playing easy mode once I got going.

chromdom on
    edited July 2009
    I remember Force being very easy to run out of Fatigue...

Jasconius on
  • A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Fuck yes got all the mods to work on Planescape.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • scarlet ave.scarlet ave. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Super embarassed to admit that I never played Torment. Let us know how the mods work out for you.

scarlet ave. on
  • ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I always made the start of Arcanum super hard on myself by killing as many of those wolves outside the crash site as I could, holy fuck will they eat your level 1 or 2 ass up.

Arrath on
  • FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    how long does it take for a corpse to disappear?

i accidentally saved right after sebastian died in a pass, my scroll of resurrection isn't working on sebastian's corpse, and i only have the one teleport scroll and the fuckin' shopkeepers in tarant aren't stocking another. i think my plan to teleport there, buy manuals, make a reanimator and teleport back and rez sebastian may be a wash D;

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Super embarassed to admit that I never played Torment. Let us know how the mods work out for you.

It's so fun.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    PS: Torment kept crashing on my other computer

I should give it a try on Blake's machine

loved it when I played it back in the day, been wanting to finish another playthrough for ages now

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Update!

High res mod with the extra UI patch is great. Game looks pretty sexy at 1280x800 Fan patch and tweaks make the game so much more enjoyable. I'v seen two new characters with quests so far and stackable charms/jewelry is a godsend.

Here is a linnk for the patches and the order to install them.

DOn't go crazy with mods, just official patch, widescreen, UI, fanpatch, unfinished business and tweak pack. The other stuff they link is dumb. When you install the tweak pack DO NOT turn the Tome of Cheats on. The game doesn't like it at all.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
    edited July 2009
    new characters?

dammit, fan patch makers

god dammit what is so goddamned hard about not fucking up

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    The fuck are you talking about.

The patch just restores a handful of generic npcs and their quests.

It's not like they added Squall as a joinable npc or something.

august on
    edited July 2009
    NPC

Non Player Character

Non Player Character

Sorry I was so wildly obtuse the first time.

Yes, it adds back in some quests that weren't there the first time. It may not be ground shattering but it's still cool. They weren't there the other three times I played it.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    edited July 2009
    hey how long do medical arachnids last for? forevers?

say forevers
    august wrote: »
    The fuck are you talking about.

The patch just restores a handful of generic npcs and their quests.

It's not like they added Squall as a joinable npc or something.

it's still gay

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Yeah nice cover there sport.

august on
    edited July 2009
    the hell are you talking about

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • MoosehatIVMoosehatIV Saw a blimp once Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    ffffffffffffffffffffffffff

So I started Arcanum, played around with a couple different characters and then finally decided on a charismatic gunslinger/techie. I am kickin ass with 3 npcs and had just crafted up 2 charged rings in Tarant. Then I think to myself, oh yea. I gotta stop by the Telegram place here to pick up that message.
    The note left behind for Virgil in the Inn.

I left the fucking note back in shrouded hills. I musta dropped it out of my inventory for space, but it is gone.

I cannot continue the main quest without it.... right?

What do I do?

MoosehatIV on
    edited July 2009
    MoosehatIV wrote: »

So I started Arcanum, played around with a couple different characters and then finally decided on a charismatic gunslinger/techie. I am kickin ass with 3 npcs and had just crafted up 2 charged rings in Tarant. Then I think to myself, oh yea. I gotta stop by the Telegram place here to pick up that message.

I left the fucking note back in shrouded hills. I musta dropped it out of my inventory for space, but it is gone.

What do I do?

The note is gone *and* you can't get the telegram?

I do not think that that part of the quest is required. You can access Stillwater in other ways (which is what that note does) including just walking there blindly. (actually I think you get the location later as part of the main arc).

It doesn't literally advance the main story arc in any way.

Jasconius on
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2009
    do you ever meet joachim?

Orikaeshigitae on
    edited July 2009
    Yes. But it's not required.

The key thing here is that the entire Virgil quest line can be skipped.

But it is quite good actually, and I would only recommend skipping it if you simply can't afford Virgil as a follower which I find unlikely unless you are playing a particularly specialized/weak tech character.

Jasconius on
  • seabassseabass Doctor MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009

I haven't seen him yet, and I'm getting ready to go hunt something remarkably similar to bigfoot.

So, this game is absolutely awesome, and if you haven't played it you should. I've been screwing around as a tech character. I've been pushing tons of points into tech doctorates instead of doing anything else. Are there any tech schools that are particularly complementary?

seabass on
    Run you pigeons, it's Robert Frost!
    edited August 2009
    seabass wrote: »

I haven't seen him yet, and I'm getting ready to go hunt something remarkably similar to bigfoot.

So, this game is absolutely awesome, and if you haven't played it you should. I've been screwing around as a tech character. I've been pushing tons of points into tech doctorates instead of doing anything else. Are there any tech schools that are particularly complementary?

Most of them interlink in some way in the form of "found" schematics, which tend to demand two high scores in different disciplines.

You can't really go wrong with pyrotechnics ever. Dynamite is incredibly handy, especially if you use firearms and can't chop down your own doors and chests.

Pyro combines with both guns and blacksmithing to make some badass weapons.

At least 2 points in Electricity is almost required. It's basically like spending 2 points for 4 dex if you are a pure tech character, since there are basically no other tech rings.

Jasconius on
  • MoosehatIVMoosehatIV Saw a blimp once Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Urg. I hate golems and seething masses.

"Ha, I have 200 bullets, some fancy new weapons for my minions, and a bunch of healing salves. Lets go explore the mines!"

*30 minutes later*

"Run awaayyyyy"

MoosehatIV on
  • Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Jasconius wrote: »
    MoosehatIV wrote: »

What do I do?

The note is gone *and* you can't get the telegram?

I do not think that that part of the quest is required. You can access Stillwater in other ways (which is what that note does) including just walking there blindly. (actually I think you get the location later as part of the main arc).

It doesn't literally advance the main story arc in any way.

Yeah the telegram isn't required to progress the story.

To progress the story you should find out where the ring came from and go from there.

Cobalt60 on
  • scarlet ave.scarlet ave. Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Oh my god, I finally got through the Tulla puzzle. Took me way too long.

So now I'm down in the Vendigroth Ruins fighting mechanized golems as a magic character. Maybe 2 out of 3 of my attacks hit. I think it's the first time in the game that I've fought an opponent who is so tech-strong that my magic gets disrupted.

scarlet ave. on
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Sorry to necro this thread but I re-installed Arcanum once my new laptop came in and the patches linked in the OP aren't working with my Windows Vista Home Premium x64. This saddens me and I am trying to find a solution.

TankHammer on
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Pfft, a 5 day old thread isn't a necro- THIS is necroing the thread.

I'd like a way to rebind keys, but it looks like that isn't an option even with the unofficial patches?

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I thought this was a new thread someone had made until I came across the f slur in the OP. Then I checked the date and saw this thread is 13 years old jesus christ

That's a hell of a necro, Xeddicus. Also, now I really want to play Arcanum again. Maybe now that I'm on Adderall I can focus on the game long enough to finish it

JtgVX0H.png
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Newest thread I found for it and it seemed like it was the best chance to find someone who maybe knew of something without making a thread most people probably won't care about at this point.