As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

On the Rain-Slick Precipice

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    For the record, Steampunk Fruit Fuckers are awesome.

That is sufficient for me to have faith in this noble endeavor.

Godspeed, Gabriel.

JayKaos on
    Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    Ala Baldur's Gate stylings?

Control a party of Gabe, Tycho, Div, Annarchy.

Oh....god.

That would be the gayest shit. I'd rather control the more ridiculous characters than two characters who sit around playing video games. CTS etc. would be better.

you just like CTS because you're a weeaboo

I would much prefer Twisp and Catsby

Oh suck a fuck, dogg
    It was just one of many examples, and Twisp and Catsby fall into the category of the more ridiculous characters.
    ps are you on aim

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

Oh....god.

That would be the gayest shit. I'd rather control the more ridiculous characters than two characters who sit around playing video games. CTS etc. would be better.

I was just listing some randoms really.

CTS would be glorious, I couldn't agree more. Though, I do have a hard time wrapping my head around how he fits in a steam punk/lovecraft universe. Could be good though.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Gabriel wrote: »
    there are no voices. We are using text bubbles like an old school RPG.

The game is in 3D and is an RPG/adventure. We're not going for next gen graphics here, but it will look cool I think.

I completely endorse this project with many American dollars. Plus, I'm really looking forward to seeing you guys in some steampunk.

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited March 2007
    Keith wrote: »

Oh....god.

you just like CTS because you're a weeaboo

I would much prefer Twisp and Catsby

Oh suck a fuck, dogg
    It was just one of many examples, and Twisp and Catsby fall into the category of the more ridiculous characters.
    ps are you on aim

you also want to play as the Sweet Kitty people

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Will FF prime grab one of the girls and climb the Arcadian State Building? Did I guess one of the boss fights?

TankHammer on
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    What I want to know is if there's anything in the works for the good Doctor and his evil spawn side-kick.

A graphic novel...a book...anything. It's my favorite character, well, besides Frank. Frank is my dad if he worked at EBX. The 'Nam wasn't kind to either of them.

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

Oh....god.

CTS would be glorious, I couldn't agree more. Though, I do have a hard time wrapping my head around how he fits in a steam punk/lovecraft universe. Could be good though.

And Annarchy does?

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Hunter wrote: »
    What I want to know is if there's anything in the works for the good Doctor and his evil spawn side-kick.

A graphic novel...a book...anything. It's my favorite character, well, besides Frank. Frank is my dad if he worked at EBX. The 'Nam wasn't kind to either of them.

Honestly, Dr. Raven Darktalon Blood is much more amusing as a concept that he would be with a dedicated storyline. It's the implied cliche story that is his strength.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

Oh....god.

And Annarchy does?

Annarchy will be a tomboyish character who sells papers on the corner shouting "Ex-tree! Ex-tree!" She'll probably carry a slingshot. This is how I see her.
    Also, one part of the story should involve a private investigator. All early-20th century stories worth a damn have a private eye.

Private dick.

EDIT: Robert Khoo as Wang: Private Dick

TankHammer on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

Honestly, Dr. Raven Darktalon Blood is much more amusing as a concept that he would be with a dedicated storyline. It's the implied cliche story that is his strength.

If any story were actually made it would just drag the character down.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

It's satire. Satire is funny. Like the Elementstor Saga, it's meant to poke fun at something that's really out there and people take super seriously.

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

Oh....god.

And Annarchy does?

Annarchy will be a tomboyish character who sells papers on the corner shouting "Ex-tree! Ex-tree!" She'll probably carry a slingshot. This is how I see her.
    Also, one part of the story should involve a private investigator. All early-20th century stories worth a damn have a private eye.

Private dick.

The 1920s is hardly steampunk. Steampunk is like turn of the century end of the 1800s. Private eyes are much better in a post WWI setting.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    <3<3 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Scarlet, I hear you are going to Japan this summer. When are you going?

<3 on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

Oh....god.

And Annarchy does?

Not particularly. However, none of them really do. The art we've seen seems to indicate we'll see the characters outside of how we actually know them. To me, at least, that leaves it open for any of them to make an appearance.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

Oh....god.

And Annarchy does?

Not particularly. However, none of them really do. The art we've seen seems to indicate we'll see the characters outside of how we actually know them. To me, at least, that leaves it open for any of them to make an appearance.

I think it's important that everyone understand that this isn't a game based around the comic, but that it will feature alternate versions of several of the comic's characters.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    haha a game based thoroughly on the comic would be kinda funny

for a few minutes

make fun of game company, bitch about a game, oh shit div slept with another whore in the bed again dammit div

I enjoy the comic, don't get me wrong.

kaleedity on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Silmaril wrote: »
    I wonder how many references to old comics there'll be?

Such as:
    The middle panel
    20060104h.jpg

That middle panel is probably my favoritist thing ever to come out of the comic. Like, I still remember how hard I laughed when I first saw it and the memory is so strong that I start laughing again simply from remembering my jubilent howls. It's like happiness incarnate.

Also, I'm excited to see how this game turns out. Although since it's episodic I'm going to have to debate buying each episode or waiting for a compilation (assuming there will be such a thing).

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    I used to use that middle panel as a counterstrike spray. Someone post the film noir comic where Tycho debates offing himself.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Meissnerd wrote: »
    Jesus should be the final summon

This is consistent with my beliefs and values. I support this.

Do I need to sign something?

Seriously on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    TankHammer on
  • Options
    <3<3 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I really like the intro.

The 3D thing is meh.

<3 on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    hehehe... jerk off and *blam* it's a machine gun.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Intro is good

In game footage... well, it's still early

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Give it time, the 3/4 isometric view looks fine with the current models. So long as they don't have many cut-scenes with close-ups on the faces this will still work. The Fruit Fucker is perfect though, aces on that one. Just waiting on the big iron versions with the rivets.

hope.jpg
    Yeah like this from the comic thread. Thanks whoever did that.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    That face is goofy, but it's only a still. For all we know it could run on animated textures.

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    ScrumtrulescentScrumtrulescent Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    In the trailer it looked like Tycho had rickets

Scrumtrulescent on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    To toss in my .05 worth, I think the biggest potential threat to this game being decent is them listening too closely to their fans and changing the game repeatedly to match what they think the fans want. If I were them I'd stay away from this thread like the plague and just focus on their vision for the game and it will either work or it won't. Actually listening to the drooling masses (including myself) is a recipe for almost certain disaster if they try to adopt and accomodate the wishlists of their fans.

Stick to their vision, trust their own creativity, and let it sink or swim on it's own merit. Ain't no shame in failing on those terms and it's more likely to be good anyway.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    edited March 2007
    as a fan, the only thing i want is less scary faces

Knob on
  • Options
    tuggatugga Makin' movies Makin' songsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    i wonder if theyll put little snidbits from the forum in it

i wonder if my hopes are to high

tugga on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    tugga06 wrote: »

i will wager dollars and doughnuts that it is more likely that they'll include a thirty story tall anthropomorphic penis that vomits spoiled mayonnaise before they include a forum injoke

Knob on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    [sarcasm]Having said that, the game better have mully pegging centaur-naporeon or it'll be utter crap.[/sarcasm]

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

I wonder if you're just high for even thinking that.

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007

See, stuff like this is precisely why they should ignore fan input regarding the game.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Knob wrote: »

i will wager dollars and doughnuts that it is more likely that they'll include a thirty story tall anthropomorphic penis that vomits spoiled mayonnaise before they include a forum injoke

actually i would interperet this as a forum joke

tugga on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    it doesn't dance though

Knob on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    true..

tugga on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Knob wrote: »
    it doesn't dance though

For its death animation, it smiles sadly and wobbles from side to side before finally collapsing.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Startling Developments Detective Agency is wonderful.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    MittenMitten Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    The animated intro thing is glorious.

The in-game graphics are eh, but it's not done yet so whatever.

Mitten on