As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

New Jersey: Nice Kidney you got there. Be a shame if something happened to it.

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Always gotta one up us eh Hoboken?

nexuscrawler on
  • MorgensternMorgenstern ICH BIN DER PESTVOGEL DU KAMPFAFFE!Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Psst, anyone know where I can get a kidney real cheap?

Morgenstern on
    “Every time we walk along a beach some ancient urge disturbs us so that we find ourselves shedding shoes and garments or scavenging among seaweed and whitened timbers like the homesick refugees of a long war.” - Loren Eiseley
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited July 2009
    So is there a reason they were specifically harvesting Jewish kidneys?

Like, are they kosher, or something?

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    ElJeffe wrote: »

According to the U.S. Attorney's Office, the investigation initially focused, with the help of the cooperating witness, on a money-laundering network operating between Brooklyn, Deal and Israel. The network is alleged to have laundered tens of millions of dollars through charities controlled by rabbis in New York and New Jersey.

The organ trafficking allegedly involved patients paying middlemen to find willing donors in Israel. Investigators allege that the suspects had donors and patients lie to hospitals by saying that they were related. Hospitals would do the operation unaware that cash payments were part of the deal.
    So the organs weren't necessarily Jewish. Some of the Rabbis were just helping set up the deal.

Couscous on
  • TheScrupleTheScruple The Oldest of BridgesRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009

You gotta problem wit dat?

TheScruple on
    All prairie dogs just want to be heroes
    edited July 2009
    TheScruple wrote: »

You gotta problem wit dat?

Damn hipsters!

*fist shake*

nexuscrawler on
    edited July 2009
    Couscous wrote: »

According to the U.S. Attorney's Office, the investigation initially focused, with the help of the cooperating witness, on a money-laundering network operating between Brooklyn, Deal and Israel. The network is alleged to have laundered tens of millions of dollars through charities controlled by rabbis in New York and New Jersey.

The organ trafficking allegedly involved patients paying middlemen to find willing donors in Israel. Investigators allege that the suspects had donors and patients lie to hospitals by saying that they were related. Hospitals would do the operation unaware that cash payments were part of the deal.
    So the organs weren't necessarily Jewish. Some of the Rabbis were just helping set up the deal.

But why specifically donors from Israel? Just because they would be more likely to help out their fellow Jews?

Or is it saying that the patients thought they were getting Israeli kidneys, but the rabbis were just funneling kidneys from any old place?

This is such a bizarre case.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So they were stealing gentile organs?

Conspiracy theory... confirmed?

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    But why specifically donors from Israel? Just because they would be more likely to help out their fellow Jews?
    I assume it is because the rabbis would probably have decent relations and contacts with people in Israel who are willing to give an organ for money and the rabbis loved money plus they could probably justify it to themselves using some shitty excuse.

Couscous on
    edited July 2009
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    So they were stealing gentile organs?

Conspiracy theory... confirmed?

Seriously, it's like every Jewish stereotype squished into one amorphous blob of conspiracy.

The only thing that would make it perfect is if they were trying to recoup the expenses the incurred when they pulled off 9/11.

ElJeffe on
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Well obviously there aren't enough healthy organs on board the Zionist airships...

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • WulfWulf Disciple of Tzeentch The Void... (New Jersey)Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I can't wait for someone to flip on Corzine! :glee:

also, obligatory Fiddler on the Roof shot...
    FiddlerRoof2.jpg

Wulf on
    Everyone needs a little Chaos!
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    KalTorak wrote: »
    New T-shirt: Come to New Jersey - Have a Heart!

I [ ] New Jersey!

Pure Gold.

But seriously, this story can only get better then more of it we hear.

shryke on
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    gigEsmalls wrote: »
    The Soprano's is the first the thing that pops in my head when I hear New Jersery. Stories like this... no surprise.

I actually just saw a book about Jersey corruption called "The Soprano State"

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Typhoid MannyTyphoid Manny Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    this reminds me of the time a wiseguy restaurant owner in Elizabeth tried to burn his place down for the insurance, but fucked up and caught a gas pipe, blowing up an entire block.

i fucking love my state

Typhoid Manny on
    from each according to his ability, to each according to his need
    hitting hot metal with hammers
    edited July 2009
    Looking more into this it's almost certain Jersey City's mayor was involved.

in the document they reference an unnamed high ranking official that matches up perfectly with him

nexuscrawler on
  • The Raging PlatypusThe Raging Platypus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

in the document they reference an unnamed high ranking official that matches up perfectly with him

Jesus fucking christ, my state is so freakin' retarded.

My landlord's family are HUMONGOUS Healy supporters, so this is going to make for interesting conversation tonight.

The Raging Platypus on
    Quid wrote: »
    YOU'RE A GOD DAMN PLATYPUS.
    PSN Name: MusingPlatypus
    edited July 2009

Jesus fucking christ, my state is so freakin' retarded.

My landlord's family are HUMONGOUS Healy supporters, so this is going to make for interesting conversation tonight.

http://online.wsj.com/public/resource ... 23-beldinicheatamshaw.pdf

Read this and tell me "JC official 4' doesn't sound like Healy

nexuscrawler on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    The NYTimes article on this starts out hilariously:
    A two-year corruption and international money-laundering investigation stretching from the Jersey Shore to Brooklyn to Israel and Switzerland culminated in the arrests of 44 people on Thursday, including three New Jersey mayors, two state assemblymen and five rabbis, the authorities said.

The case apparently began with bank fraud charges against a member of an insular Syrian Jewish enclave centered in the seaside town of Deal, N.J. Eventually, stemming from that arrest, a federal informant posed as a crooked real estate developer offering cash bribes to obtain government approvals — and the case mushroomed into a political scandal that could rival any of the most explosive and sleazy episodes in New Jersey’s recent past.

It was replete with tales of the illegal sales of body parts; of furtive negotiations in diners, parking lots, and boiler rooms; of nervous jokes about “patting down” a man who turned out to be an informant; and, again and again, of the passing of cash — once in a box of Apple Jacks cereal stuffed with $97,000, according to prosecutors. F.B.I. agents anticipated seizing so much money that they planned to go to the offices of a federal credit union in Lower Manhattan to use its counting machines, one law enforcement official said.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Mustachio JonesMustachio Jones jerseyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Best state or best state?

No, seriously. Jersey is the greatest. I am willing to fight people over this.

Mustachio Jones on
  • PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Henroid wrote: »
    Aside from the organ thing, none of this is all that surprising.
    Well,, we aren't just talking about regular illegal political shit; we are talking about illegal shit that has little to do with politics other than involving politicians.

Not to mention how many were involved in this shit.

Its two D mayors, a D assemblyman and a R assemblyman so far right? Plus a deputy mayor? How many of the 41 are political I wonder. While the politicians are probably there solely because of bribery, I would anticipate the others are more there for the thing they were giving bribes to cover up/facilitate.

Or is it saying that the patients thought they were getting Israeli kidneys, but the rabbis were just funneling kidneys from any old place?

This is such a bizarre case.

I wouldn't surprised if the donors in Israel were Palestinians.

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Wow.... just... i have no words.

This is both amazing and horrifying, and people claim we have rampant corruption here.

To paraphrase bill hicks

you do not have crooks, like we have crooks.....

HerrCron on
    sig.gif
  • Mustachio JonesMustachio Jones jerseyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    It's still great that they got them for like $10k bribes. honestly, that's like nothing.

Mustachio Jones on
  • fmz65fmz65 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Hmm, here's a tag-line for the tourism department

"Come to New Jersey,
    We have an airport international flights pass through so you pretty much fucking have to"

...On second thought that may be too long.

fmz65 on
    daleyk.png
    edited July 2009
    New Jersey: Come for the Guidos, Stay for the humorously corrupt politics

Typhoid Manny on
  • TheScrupleTheScruple The Oldest of BridgesRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Why would anyone come to New Jersey for the guidos? That's why people leave New Jersey! That, and property taxes.

TheScruple on
    All prairie dogs just want to be heroes
  • MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Maybe now people will stop telling me I'm a monster for not being an organ donor. All my wild claims of organ hungry psychos have been validated.

The reason stuff like this happens is because not enough people are donors in order to meet the demand. So no, you're still a monster.

MrMister on
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Wait.

A scandal this insane happened in New Jersey and NOBODY who was arrested was from Camden???

My heart. It makes me feel so much better to know that you might be getting better.

Or at least less corrupt.

lonelyahava on
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Wait.

A scandal this insane happened in New Jersey and NOBODY who was arrested was from Camden???

My heart. It makes me feel so much better to know that you might be getting better.

Camden is weird. They actually arrest the straight politicians, since they don't want to spoil the reputation they've worked so hard to obtain. Seriously, I thought Camden was just home to all the run of the will regular shit-hold criminals, none of this white collar crime.

YamiNoSenshi on
    edited July 2009
    Wait.

no one from camden was arrested because cops don't go into camden. they shoot at any vehicle with flashing lights in camden

Typhoid Manny on
  • RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    Camden is so bad not even Wikipedia can find anything nice to say about it.

Lighting it on fire would count as gentrification.

People from Jersey are allowed to say this things, no touchie!

Rust on
    edited July 2009
    edited July 2009
    Holy crap for a second there I saw at least five repeat posts, this site's had better nights

Rust on
    edited July 2009
    in jersey, politicians traditionally go straight from the state house to the big house

Typhoid Manny on
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Rust wrote: »
    Camden is so bad not even Wikipedia can find anything nice to say about it.

Lighting it on fire would count as gentrification.

People from Jersey are allowed to say this things, no touchie!

Hey hey hey!

My Rutgers campus was pretty awesomesauce.

Just save those 2 blocks and the waterfront, and it's all good.

lonelyahava on
  • galenbladegalenblade Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Ah, New Jersey. Armpit of the East Coast.

galenblade on
    linksig.jpg
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'm trying so hard not to make a foreskin/circumcision joke.

Captain Carrot on
  • DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    in jersey, politicians traditionally go straight from the state house to the big house

Are you sure it's not vice versa?

Darklyre on
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    galenblade wrote: »

Hey! Don't insult my armpits like that!

shryke on
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    galenblade wrote: »

"Sir, what is this $40,000 item on the budget? I'm not sure what you mean."

"Well, we need to clean up our image as a state."

"Yes, but a deodorant stick 200 miles wide?"

YamiNoSenshi on