Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Blazblue: Continuum: Shift: Colons - Changes in OP

AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
edited October 2009 in Games and Technology
untitled-3.jpg

New screens from the (maybe) next version of Blazblue.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

New system info and changes.
Spoiler:
System
- Burst becomes GG style, stock up to 2 bursts
- Burst no longer have damage penalty
- You start with 1 burst in round 1, and get 1 more burst per round, can stock two. So if you don't use your burst round one, you end up with 2 in round 2, but you can not stack anymore after that.
- You get one extra burst next round if you lose the round
- When regular gold burst hits opponent, opponent will bounce high and able to combo from there
- Guard Libra retains from round to round
- All AH unlocked
- You can use AH when you need one more round to win (not the final round of the match) with 100% meter and opponent's life is below certain percentage, character shines in white when it is possible to activate AH
- Heat Gauge goes up automatically from the beginning of the round (Yes, Everybody is like Haku-men now) (might be for loke test purposes only)
- Guard Libra length changes for every characters, meter goes down if the character blocks the specific move that breaks the guard (e.g. blocking Λ-11-'s 214D will let meter go down by 2)
- Guard Libra number
11 Tager
06 Hakumen Bang
05 Jin Noel Litchi Tsubaki
04 Ragna Rachel Arakune Taokaka Carl
03 Λ-11-

Appearance
- Projectile such as Arakune's Bee and Rachel's flog has a circle around them, easier to identify
- better animation
- new effect, new voice
- life bar turns red when it is extremely low
- New face pictures for character select screen

Woooooooooooooo.

Xbox live Gamertags/PSN IDs

PM me to be added into the list

PSN IDs
Spoiler:

Gamertags
Spoiler:

Reviews: http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/blazbluecalamitytrigger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ34oUcH55Y

What is Blazblue?

Blazblue is a fighting game from Arc System Works, the makers of the famous Guilty Gear. It was originally meant to be set in the same universe, but apparently not? Anyway, to any of you who are familiar with Guilty Gear, you should know what to expect. Which is batshit insane characters, fast-paced gameplay and the best music to ever grace a videogame.

But how does it play?

Unashamedly copy pasted from wikipedia.

The game uses an 8-directional lever, common to most fighting games, and 4 attack buttons: Light, Middle, Heavy, and Drive, the latter of which activates unique special abilities for each character. Throws and throw cancels are performed by pressing medium and strong at the same time. In addition to basic dashing and jumping, there are also double-jumps and aerial dashes.

Heat Gauge: An energy gauge used for the Distortion Drive and Rapid Cancel.

Distortion Drive: Special attacks unique to each character that consume 50% of the heat gauge. Performed with some arrows motion plus the drive button.

Barrier Gauge: A gauge that regenerates over time, used for Barrier and Barrier Burst. The defense capability of a character is lowered for a set period of time when this gauge reaches zero.

Barrier: Pushes back the enemy and prevents guard damage. Performed by pressing weak attack and medium attack at the same time while guarding.

Barrier Burst: Pushes the opponent away, either when guarding or receiving damage, thus cancelling the enemy's combo in the latter case. Uses 100% of the barrier gauge and leaves it to zero for a set period of time. Performed by pressing all four buttons at the same time.

So, basically, mostly renamed versions of what's already in Guilty Gear.

Online details!
the match making system is awesome. I can honestly say, BB online model is far superior compare to SF4. Though might be a bold statement, But here's a quick breakdown:

Here's one scenario that should give you an idea.

I log onto XB Live, Play BB, go on network mode. I look for a rank match, but before that I wanna see among my friends who's in the top. From there, I can see some replays of my friends matches that they uploaded and see how they are doing. It'll even show you who they last played based on the icon next to their name. Next, I get bored watching my friends bullshit replays so I wanna see the top of the top, so I browse on the monthly leaderboard, I can now see who's at the top and check out his best replays and realize how sucky or how much better I am...So I get pumped up and I noticed some of my friends are online as well. So I start a lobby and start dictating the amount of slots I want for players and spectators. From there, I invite all my friends and we all say wassup and proceed to kick each others ass. We can save replays, spectate, and talk as much trash as we want. But wait, I got a homie that just signed on, sends me a msg, talking shit about my match!

But when I look at my lobby he ain't there!

How that works is my boy is searching for rooms to join but before joining, a player can see what's going on in each room, including icons that display who's currently fighting in the current match, who's winning the match, connection speed of the room, and who's in the lobby.

And there is still various other options and setups.. but that's just one example from player match...I hope that gave you an idea on what is to come.

And yes, this is for PS3 as well. So no haters please....

Now, hook up some rep points!

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showpost.php?p=6540209&postcount=5764

Story for anyone who cares:
Spoiler:

SCREENS
Spoiler:

THESE VIDEOS ARE AWESOME

Trailer showing all characters

Another trailer with some nice gameplay

Original trailer.

Characters (again unashamedly copy pasted from wikipedia):
Spoiler:

JESUS CHRIST THAT WAS LONG.

Gameplay vidjas.

And for those who always wonder what the hell we're on talking about 236 B's, 412364 A's or 781209 C's, well, this is for you.
learningfighters.png

They represent directional inputs. 4 is left, 6 is right, 2 is down, etc. etc.

Antihippy on
10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy

• SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I am deeply disappointed by the lack of snowboarding in the title.

• AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Bang manliness > ice car

I'll be open to suggestions though.

10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Those videos could use an update. We're past the Point the camera at the arcade cabinet phase. Lets not forget the HD Tager vs Nu video.

I caved and bought the Gamer Pictures. I'm Arakune now <3

steam_sig.png
  • PunkBoyPunkBoy Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Oh shoot, I didn't realize there was a new thread.
    PunkBoy wrote: »
    Alright, this game is pretty awesome. I think I'm in love with Noel. She's definitely my best character so far. Also, I just saw the first "Tip" video and I...I don't know what to think anymore.

Steam ID:
    Spoiler:
    The Linecutters Podcast: Your weekly dose of nerd! Tune in for the live broadcast every Wednesday at 7 PM EST, only at www.non-productive.com!
  • BarrabasBarrabas Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I just got online for the first time in two weeks, and ugh ... I think I'm back to square one. Time to start learning all over again.

XBL - ErrorMacro1
  • ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Amazon says I should be getting my copy on Wednesday. Can't wait. I loved Guilty Gear.

3DS: 5112-3515-8441 | LoL: Arikado PA | XBL: Arikado PA | BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | Twitter
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    you bastards better not get even better than me at this game while my ps3s getting fixed. i already suck enough, i dont need the extra handicap!

sig_zpsceb29fbe.jpg
    edited July 2009
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    you bastards better not get even better than me at this game while my ps3s getting fixed. i already suck enough, i dont need the extra handicap!

You play on that poopstation, us XX_360_KREW_XX are already better.
    Spoiler:

edited July 2009
    well i only had the game for like 3 days prior to my ps3 dying so i wouldnt be surprised if everyone here is infinitely better than me already. i know the couple dudes i got up with from here on the psn were miles beyond me.

sig_zpsceb29fbe.jpg
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    My bad posting in the old thread, I had it open and didnt check to see for a new one :(

casualjohnegbert_zpsabd1bc29.png
  • mysticjuicermysticjuicer Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Arikado wrote: »
    Amazon says I should be getting my copy on Wednesday. Can't wait. I loved Guilty Gear.

Ugh, lucky! I ordered my copy July 6th and it hasn't even shipped yet... When did you order yours? I need some sort of idea of when I can expect to play this game or I'm going to go crazy. D:

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I need to get off my arse and submit a friend request to the blazblue 360 group thing already. Time for me to take my licks and get good at this game.

B7ozVfx.png
  • B:LB:L Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I need to get off my arse and submit a friend request to the blazblue 360 group thing already. Time for me to take my licks and get good at this game.

But us good players are on PSN.

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
    edited July 2009
    B:L wrote: »

But us good players are on PSN.

Well I don't own a PS3, and lack the funds to make the purchase of one justifiable.

B7ozVfx.png
  • Fig-DFig-D Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    GIGANTIC TAGER!

WeskerSig.jpg
    SteamID - Fig-D :: Xbox Live - Fig D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Yes, please do this.

Although I havent been checking it as often because there havent been too many new peeps lately

casualjohnegbert_zpsabd1bc29.png
  • Chessboxing909Chessboxing909 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I really need to start playing again, just been layin around sick. Love this game.

Xbox live gamer tag--- Poltergeist909
    I AM BULKY BULKOLISIS.

352247-1.png

-Pedro Sauer BJJ scientist-
    edited July 2009
    Kai_San wrote: »

Yes, please do this.

Although I havent been checking it as often because there havent been too many new peeps lately

Friend request sent.

XBLA is Sunabozu, I'm on at pretty random times of the day for games.

B7ozVfx.png
  • Nick TNick T Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Is there a lobby going on, and will there be a lobby with room in 30 or so minutes?

PSN: ConvicNic
    edited July 2009
    Also, add PunkBoy412 if you have the 360 version. I'm up for having my ass kicked while I try to figure this game out.

Steam ID:
    Spoiler:
    The Linecutters Podcast: Your weekly dose of nerd! Tune in for the live broadcast every Wednesday at 7 PM EST, only at www.non-productive.com!
  • StokedUpStokedUp Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    HOLY SHIT that was a gaming marathon! Great games to everyone in the lobby! I shouldve taken some replays of the more exciting matches and posted em up on youtube or someshit.

Blazero, I'm digging the Rachel and Tager. The Tager gets a bit predictable but thats probably cause we fought so many times. The Carl vs Tager matchup is 8 to 2 in Clovers favor while the Carl vs Rachel 7 to 3 in Rachels favor. Good to know.

I don't fuckin believe that Carl has the advantage on Ragna. I suppose if I can avoid his guard breaking pressure and somehow get him in loop position he doesn't have much to escape... except for his shoryuuuken. Damn I hate Ragna sooo much! I'm not even sure why... :D

edit: Convic Nic... If theres a lobby hook me up. :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Gamertag(SSF4/MW2)StokedAidzzzSC2 ID Stoked.655
    Uploaded SC2 Replays
  • BeezelBeezel War is hell! About to make it worse!Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    managed to worm my way up to over a 45% win rate again. all that time spent in training is starting to pay off.

Stoked: you hate him because of th-HELL'S FANG HELL'S FANG HELL'S FANG HELL'S FANG HELL'S FANG

10NLNWQ.png
    edited July 2009
    If there's 360 action going down, I'm up for it.

Steam ID:
    Spoiler:
  • Nick TNick T Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Ok I'm gonna start with a small lobby with slots open for anyone else who wants in, sending stoked and Punkboy invites, message me on here if you want in on 360

PSN: ConvicNic
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King arf arf Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So I resume my quest for Blaz Blue tomorrow lets hope that my EB doesn't completely suck and actually has the damn thing in stock. I doubt it will in this frozen tundra of a country but we will have to see.

I mean they have fight sticks why don't they have Blaz Blue!

8qdrRTu.png
    edited July 2009
    well the LE sold out pretty much everywhere and the regular edition comes out the 28th so youre kind of in limbo at the moment, is my understanding

sig_zpsceb29fbe.jpg
  • ShrieveShrieve Game Designer CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Whoops resurrected the older thread back there. Anyways repeat:

When you're looking for a room to join under player matches; is it really designed so that if a match is going on you can't even join the lobby? Even Dead or Alive had something like that if I remember right. I'm just suprised with a game with such well designed multiplayer doesn't let you wait in the room's lobby while the match finishes. Or am I just missing something?

FkbtS.png
    edited July 2009
    Shrieve wrote: »

When you're looking for a room to join under player matches; is it really designed so that if a match is going on you can't even join the lobby? Even Dead or Alive had something like that if I remember right. I'm just suprised with a game with such well designed multiplayer doesn't let you wait in the room's lobby while the match finishes. Or am I just missing something?

I think it's because the online is so virtually lag free you can't join or you'd mess up the room, or something.

edited July 2009
    Ah well I guess that makes sense.

Ok well I have to keep taking breaks because my left thumb starts aching after awhile. I'm just curious if anyone knows of any decent 360 alternative controllers for fighting games that aren't over $100. I know those Street Fighter IV tourney sticks are nice and all, but the pricetag... D:

I had thought about buying something in the past (1st for Virtua Fighter, then Soul Calibur, followed by Street Fighter, then...) but kept putting them off. At this point it'd probably make sense to invest in something to enjoy the games more. Course it'll probably just create some nice arguments over who uses it when friends come over...

FkbtS.png
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King arf arf Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    well the LE sold out pretty much everywhere and the regular edition comes out the 28th so youre kind of in limbo at the moment, is my understanding

I thought it was the 27th.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

8qdrRTu.png
  • DragkoniasDragkonias Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Ok well I have to keep taking breaks because my left thumb starts aching after awhile. I'm just curious if anyone knows of any decent 360 alternative controllers for fighting games that aren't over $100. I know those Street Fighter IV tourney sticks are nice and all, but the pricetag... D:

I had thought about buying something in the past (1st for Virtua Fighter, then Soul Calibur, followed by Street Fighter, then...) but kept putting them off. At this point it'd probably make sense to invest in something to enjoy the games more. Course it'll probably just create some nice arguments over who uses it when friends come over...

Hmm...if you're looking for a decent fightstick sadly you're going to end up paying 80+, The SF4 fightstick is your best option at this point and even then I'll say it's only good once modded so probably makes no different than buying a more expensive one.

• The Sneak!The Sneak! Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    The title is fucking horrible. Change it.

edited July 2009
    The Sneak! wrote: »
    The title is fucking horrible. Change it.

Yeah...we gave him all these cool titles and he didn't use any of them...

• Squirrel RancherSquirrel Rancher Registered User
    edited July 2009

The Madcatz Fightpads are supposed to be pretty good, I hear.

The standard Fightstick is $80 but the stick and buttons are crap so you'd eventually have to spend more money for quality parts.

edited July 2009
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Hmm...if you're looking for a decent fightstick sadly you're going to end up paying 80+, The SF4 fightstick is your best option at this point and even then I'll say it's only good once modded so probably makes no different than buying a more expensive one.

Laaaameeee. Was hoping something like one of these, would be decent, but it does seem iffy. Oh well guess just money saved.

FkbtS.png
  • AJAlkaline40AJAlkaline40 __BANNED USERS
    edited July 2009
    SkutSkut wrote: »

I think it's because the online is so virtually lag free you can't join or you'd mess up the room, or something.

It's too bad that it can't put you in a queue to join the room or something, though.

idiot.jpg
    edited July 2009

Laaaameeee. Was hoping something like one of these, would be decent, but it does seem iffy. Oh well guess just money saved.

Hmm...my brother had a EX2 before. He liked it but I remember one of the buttons breaking down on him just 2 months after he got it. But 50 bucks for a fightstick ain't bad(not to mention most fightsticks are easily modded anyway.

edited July 2009

I'm interested in a hori too, anyone got anything to say about em?

I see I was late quoting this, how easily moddable is the hori? Say if a button were to die, or would a 80ish dollar custom stick be the best bet?

• BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    SkutSkut wrote: »

I'm interested in a hori too, anyone got anything to say about em?

I see I was late quoting this, how easily moddable is the hori? Say if a button were to die, or would a 80ish dollar custom stick be the best bet?

My understanding is that sirlin got to the top of the sf2 leaderboard with an unmodded ex2 - though I can't say much about durability of buttons or anything since I modded mine basically as soon as I got it.

The parts being kinda cramped in there is the hard part of modding it.

CD World Tour status:
    Spoiler:
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    If it wasn't for a sudden unexpected expense, I would be picking this up, instead of leaching off my roomate's copy. It is a lot of fun, and while I was turned off by GG's stylistic directions, I do like BB's humor and overall quirkiness. A lot.

Orca wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote:
    Isn't "Your sarcasm makes me wet," the highest compliment an Abh can pay a human?

Only if said Abh is a member of the nobility.