As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mini Phalla] Phallabusters - Day 7: GAME OVER - GOOD AND POSITVE SLIME WIN

• ExarchExarch Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    200x200 baby.

DON'T CROSS THE STREAMS!

Exarch on
    No gods or kings, only man.
    LoL: BunyipAristocrat
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Bastards!

Rewriting the narration

Dunadan019 on
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    OoOoOoOOOoOoooOo

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
    edited July 2009
    I hate you law.

Exarch on
    edited July 2009
    OOOOoooOOOOoooo

Jk, I'm actually a librarian who is not a ghost.

TheLawinator on
    edited July 2009

Dana Barret's Apartment Building: Roof
    12:00 AM

This is where it all began. This is where Gozer was summoned the first time. This is where the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man was blown into little piles of marshmallow goo. This is where it all would end.

Ray came out with just his proton pack. He didn't need any sensing equipmen, Gozer wasn't one to hide. not this late in the game. Egon and Winston were here, frozen solid. They were sitting on two pedastals that Dana and Louis had crouched on years before. there were two pedestals still empty, waiting for their statues. The statue of Peter flashed into existence and slammed down on the third pillar.

Gozer: The last one is for you.

Ray: You have taken everything from me!
    Ray: My friends, my colleagues, and the trust of the city!
    Ray: If you think that this is the end for all of this, then YOU ARE WRONG!

Ray flipped the switch on his proton shooter and braced for the force of the beam.... But it never came.

Gozer: I don't think so, little man. You lose!

Ray: Thats what you think!

Ray threw a small silver ball right at Gozer. The ball was a Protonic Storage Cartridge with four crossing nozzles. It was charged with a hellical Trap and emitted a short but powerfull beam of protonically reversed energy. Essentially, it was a Gozer grenade. The grenade activated shooting a beam of pure white energy right into Gozer's chest.

Gozer: Noooooo!!!! Not again!
    Gozer: I'll get you for this, ghostbusters!

Gozer was again sent back to the spirit realm to languish in his defeat. His exit created the second giant fireball in as many years. At least there wasn't any Marshmallow goo this time. The Geebs That Is A Mod had been defeated.

Winston: Ugh...
    Ray: Hey guys! Are you alright?
    Egon: Define alright...
    Peter: Whoa! Where am I?
    Ray: We're on the top of Dana's Apartment building.
    Winston: Again?
    Ray: The repeating portals were often short lived so I figured they had to be a projection form a central power source. This is the only place I could think of.
    Egon: Good job ray. Next time though, try to figure it our before we're all turned into statues.
    Peter: God, can we get out of here. I could use a nice long massage.
    Egon: We need to find a new secretary first.
    Peter: Really, I was just starting to like Janine.

Chief of Police: Ghostbusters! I'm glad I found you!
    Peter: Yes because the most likely place for us to be is ontop of a 50 story apartment building.
    Chief of Police: Look, theres a disturbance at the arena. We need your help.

They all looked at each other.

Ray: Well, who ya gonna call?
    Peter: Someone else, I'm outta here guys.
    Ray: No, comeon peter! Peter!
    The City of New York Wins

The Dead
    The Geebs That Is A Mod - Gozer (God)

The Survivors
    Exarch - Ray Stanz (Expert Ghostbuster)
    TheLawinator - Alice the Librarian (Scardy Cat)

Dunadan019 on
  • JaentherJaenther Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I guess it was inevitable that I'd lose a game eventually. Geebs, I was really hoping you'd pull it off. Good job, Exarch, we were looking for you the entire friggin game.

Jaenther on
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I think we would have won if I had switched to possessed human on night one or two.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
    edited July 2009
    Also, psolms you are terrible at being neutral and terribly unlucky. Not a healthy combination.

Jaenther on
  • shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Nice job, Exarch. Kudos to you and Lawinator for being the last ones standing. And thanks for running this, Dunadan - was fun.

shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
    edited July 2009
    I wanted to be mentioned in the narration. Anyway, I was a seer and really only managed to seer 2 dudes in the entire phalla, infidel and psolms, just in time for them to leave the game.

GG all, I'm so baller.

TheLawinator on
  • samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I FUCKING KNOW THAT PSOLMS AND POWERPUPPIES WHERE EVIL! I CALLED IT AND I DIED. /GRUDGE PSOLMS FOR OUTING ME AS AN SK WHEN YOU WAS ONE TOO!

samurai6966 on
    edited July 2009
    Peter Venkman - Role Blocker (Target seer as well if he roleblocks a female)
    You are: Dr. Peter Venkman

venkman.jpg

Dr. Peter Venkman is the lazy Ghostbuster with doctorates in both psychology and parapsychology. He doesn't usually take his work seriously, is very sarcastic and flirts with women. While Peter is a scientist, he isn't as experienced or academically inclined as Egon or Ray.

Your Ability: lover - Each night you can charm someone into not using their ability. If they are female, you also find out who they are seeing. Send me a PM with who you want to charm. (You can role block someone and if that someone is female, you will find out who they would have targeted last night)

Your Alignment: You are aligned with the city of New York. You win if you eliminate the threats to the city.

Ray Stanz - Vig
    You are: Dr. Raymond Stantz

stanz.jpg

Dr. Ray Stantz was one of the original Ghostbusters and was one of the most devoted to the pursuit of studying the paranormal. Ray's devotion to the company was obvious when he mortgaged his parents' house to provide the capital to begin Ghostbusters, Inc. Ray was also handy man and largely responsible for the repair and modification of the Ecto-1. He isn't particularly religious, but does seem to believe in a spiritual realm of sorts.

Your Ability: Expert Ghost Buster - Each night you can shoot someone with your proton beam. If they are a ghost, they will be captured and put into the containment grid! However, if they are human, they will probably be burned to a crisp. Send me a PM with who you want to blast. (You can kill someone each night)

Your Alignment: You are aligned with the city of New York. You win if you eliminate the threats to the city.

Egon - Seer (only saw alignments of ghosts)
    You are: Dr. Egon Spengler

spenglerj.jpg

Dr. Egon Spengler, Ph.D. is a former professor of paranormal studies at the University of Columbia. Upon his termination, Egon founded Ghostbusters, Inc. along with Doctors Ray Stantz and Peter Venkman. He is considered the brain behind the Ghostbusters and has designed and built nearly all of their equipment, including the proton pack and the Storage facility. Typically, Ray is the only other member of the Ghostbusters who has no trouble understanding Egon's technical jargon.

Your Ability: Paranormal Scientist - Each night you can check someone over with your P.K.E meter. This will return their relative material makeup and body condition. If they are a ghost, you will discover how hostile they are. However your equipment isn't calibrated to measure human hostilities. Send me a PM with who you want to investigate. (You can seer someone each night which will return role information. You will only receive alignment information for ghosts.)

Winston - Guard
    You are: Winston Zeddemore

zaddemore.jpg

Winston Zeddemore was the fourth member to join the Ghostbusters. He saw a job advertisement in the wanted ads, and replied. Unlike the other three Ghostbusters, Winston was not originally a university professor, what his occupation was before joining is a mystery. Winston applied for the job late in the movie after business started to pick up. Despite being a newcomer, Winston had some very interesting theories about the supernatural. Winston actually talked with Ray about how he wondered if all these ghosts were a sign of the apocalypse, to which Ray was silent with fear.

Your Ability: New Guy - Each night you can choose one person to protect from harm. You can protect from errant proton beams and hauntings but not the consensus of the people. your selfless nature also prevents you from protecting yourself. Send me a PM with who you want to protect. (you can guard someone each night from all attacks except for the vote. You cannot guard yourself.)

Janine Melnitz - added a paragraph to the narration
    You are: Janine Melnitz

melnitz.jpg

Janine was the first person hired to work at the Firehouse. She staffed the phones and kept track of appointments, calls, messages, etc. While initially extremely bored with her job, once the boys picked up more and more clients, she began to complain of being over-worked. Janine seems to be interested in the weirder side of men like Egon and Louis Tully.

Your Ability: Secretary - Each night you write up the work sheets for the Ghostbusters. No one really reads them so you can put whatever you want in there. Send me a PM with your reports each night. (you can add a section of text to the narration. It will be copy-pasted exactly as sent.)

Louis Tully - Vote Manipulator
    You are: Luis Tully

louistully.jpg

Louis is a professional accountant whose interests included nutritional supplements and aerobic exercise. He is a little bit awkward but has good intentions. His people skills are... nonexistent.

Your Ability: Accountant - Each night you count up the vote for the city of New York. No one is going to question a CPA so you can add or subtract a few voted if you like. Send me a PM that declares whether your vote counts for double or negative. As a side note, you must post the vote count at least once a day for your ability to work; the count can be incorrect if you like. (your vote counts for either 2 or -1, PM me with what you want it to count as. Make sure you post a vote count once a day as well.)

Dana Barrett - Ability Improver
    You are: Dana Barrett

danabarret.jpg

Dana is a professional musician living in New York. She plays cello in the New York Philharmonic. Dana becomes a love interest for Dr. Venkman but spurns his advances at first. Dana fulfills the role of damsel in distress that the Ghostbusters must rescue (along with saving the city).

Your Ability: Damsel - Each night you can flirt with someone and improve their abilities. Everybody likes to be flirted with, even ghosts... even evil ghosts, so be careful. Send me a PM of who you want to improve each night. (You can improve one players ability each day. The improvement lasts for a day. You will receive no message of what that improvement was but your target will.)

Dean Yeager - Action Seer
    You are: Dean Yeager

yeager.jpg

Dean Yeager is one of the administrators at the university that Dr. Stantz, Venkman, and Spengler worked at before going into the business of paranormal investigations and eliminations. The Dean's personality fits hand-in-hand with his job as an administrator. His personality is common in academia, where one tends to judge another's integrity solely upon scholarship. This was clearly the approach he took with the Ghostbusters, even though they were popular with the students

Your Ability: Administrator - Each night you can check on somebody to see what they are doing. Your years of training have given you a keen sense of when someone is doing something they shouldn't... even paranormal things. Send me a PM of who you want to investigate each night. (You can see what actions your target took each night however you can't see who they targeted. You will not receive information on that persons alignment so be wary.)

The Archbishop - Put custom post restrictions on ghosts
    You are: The Archbishop

archbishop.jpg

The Archbishop of New York, whose first name is Michael, was called in by the Mayor Lenny for advice on what the events following Gozer's appearance may mean. The Archbishop said that the Catholic Church would not give an official response, but noted that he considered the events a "sign from God." Like all holy men, he has a certain effect on spirit kind.

Your Ability: Holy man - Each night you can perform the ritual of exorcism on one person. Your years in the seminary have prepared you how to defeat with all sorts of demons and ghosts... with a mild inconvenience. Send me a PM of who you want to exorcize each night and what the resulting chant should be. (You can target one person each night. If they are a ghost you will exorcize them which will give them a posting restriction (no effect on humans). You can choose the posting restriction so long as it isn't posting in code, isn't complete silence, does not fool with voting and does not make them reveal their character. I have defaults if you submit something too radical.)

Mayor Lenny - Forces someone to vote with him
    You are: Mayor Lenny

mayorlenny.jpg

Mayor Lenny is a reasonable politician who wanted to stop the crisis in New York at any costs. He listens to his advisers patiently for advice before calling the Ghostbusters. He was also a Catholic, and valued the advice of the Archbishop. His prowess in politics has given him the ability to influence people to think as he does.

Your Ability: Politician - Each night you can solicit votes from one person. Your years as a prominent leader has given you the ability to make people... and ghosts... agree with you. Send me a PM of who you want to Influence each night and what the resulting chant should be. (You can target one person each night and make their vote count for whoever you voted for. Nothing will change in the thread and no PM notifications will be sent that this has occurred.)

Gozer - Role Blocker
    You are: Gozer

gozer.jpg

Gozer is a mighty creature from another dimension and the main antagonist of Ghostbusters. Gozer goes by many names, such as: Gozer the Gozerian, Gozer the Destructor, Volguus Zildrohar, and Gozer the Traveler. Gozer is an ancient god (worshiped by the Hittites, Mesopotamians, and the Sumerians around 6000BC) who has traveled to New York City to destroy the world. Gozer is without gender (though for this game is considered female), and prefers to talk only to other gods. Gozer has two trusted demi-gods that prepare for "his" coming. Vinz Clortho, The Keymaster; and Zuul, The Gatekeeper. He is more powerful than Vigo the Carpathian.

Your Ability: God - Each night you can stupefy one person or ghost. You are a god and are so unholy and powerful that your mere presence silences those near you. Send me a PM of who you want to stupefy each night. (You can target one person each night and block them from using abilities.)

Your Followers: You and your allies, A, B, and C, will get 2 kills each night that must be submitted via PM.

Your Alignment: You are aligned against the city of New York. You win if you eliminate enough people that victory is inevitable (normally equal or outnumber the village but maybe not so in this case).

Your Cover Role:
    You are: The Prosecuting Attorney

Your Ability: Questioning - Each night you can anonymously ask one player a question about his role. You cannot ask direct questions about who they are or their alignment. Send me a PM of who you want to question each night. (Examples would be "are you bald", "do you wear a jumpsuit", "are you green".)

Zuul - Could change between ghost and human
    You are: Zuul

zuul.jpg

Zuul is the female minion of Gozer. She was worshipped by the Sumerians and Hittites in 6000 BC, along with Gozer. Zuul is a large, horned, dog-like beast with blazing red eyes known as a Terror Dog. Zuul can manifest herself in the world as her true form or she can take possession of a human.

Your Ability: Metamorphosis - Each night you can change your form to either possessed human or ghost beast. The default form is the one that you last send and your original is a ghost beast. Send me a PM of which form you want to assume for the night. (You can switch between being human and being a ghost.)

Your Masters: You and your allies, A, B, and C, will get 2 kills each night that must be submitted via PM.

Your Alignment: You are aligned against the city of New York. You win if you eliminate enough people that victory is inevitable (normally equal or outnumber the village but maybe not so in this case).

Your Cover Role:
    You are: The Hotel Manager

Your Ability: Manager - Each night you can hide one ghost from your guests. should you pick a ghost, they will not be able to use abilities on you for 2 nights. Send me a PM of who you suspect is a ghost. (Correctly identifying a ghost will prevent that ghost from targeting you for 2 days, inclusive)

Vinz Clortho - Could change between human and ghost
    You are: Vinz Clortho

vinz.jpg

Vinz Clortho is the male minion of Gozer. He was worshipped by the Sumerians and Hittites in 6000 BC, along with Gozer. Vinz is a large, horned, dog-like beast with blazing red eyes known as a Terror Dog. Vinz can manifest himself in the world as his true form or he can take possession of a human.

Your Ability: Metamorphosis - Each night you can change your form to either possessed human or ghost beast. The default form is the one that you last send and your original is a ghost beast. Send me a PM of which form you want to assume for the night. (You can switch between being human and being a ghost.)

Your Masters: You and your allies, A, B, and C, will get 2 kills each night that must be submitted via PM.

Your Cover Role:
    You are: The Washington Square Ghost

Your Ability: Spook - Each night you can choose someone and make them change from human to ghost or ghost to human. Send me a PM of who you want to change. (You can change someone into a ghost or a human, make sure to specify which in your PM)

Vigo - Target Seer
    You are: Vigo

vigo.jpg

Vigo the Carpathian or known as Vigo Von Homburg Deutschendorf is an ancient 16th Century medieval Tyrant and sorcerer. Vigo was born in 1505 in the small country of Carpathia in Hungary, near Italy. He soon rose to power and ruled his country with an iron fist. Because of his evil ways he wasn't well liked by his people and subjects. He was also known as Vigo the Cruel, Vigo The Torturer, Vigo the despised, and Vigo the Unholy. He eventually died at the age of 105 in 1610, but not because of his old age. His people had led a rebellion and they tried and executed him in a manner that they sought fit for his rule. He was poisoned, shot, stabbed, stretched, disemboweled, hung, drawn and quartered. Just after they removed his head, he uttered this prophetic warning: "Death is but a door. Time is but a window. I'll be back. "

Your Ability: Watcher - Each night you can choose one person to watch which will reveal who they consort with. You can see who people are working with but you can't quite tell what they are doing from inside your painting. Send me a PM of who you want to watch each night. (You can choose one person and see who they targeted, if anyone, that night.)

Your Partners: You and your allies, A, B, and C, will get 2 kills each night that must be submitted via PM.

Your Cover Role:
    You are: Judge Stephen Wexler

Your Ability: Windbag - Each night you can choose someone and yell at them for the night causing them to forget to use their ability that night. Send me a PM of who you want to scream at. (You can role block someone each night.)

Janosz Poha - Took credit for others actions
    You are: Janosz Poha

janoszpoha.jpg

Janosz Poha is the Curator for the Manhattan Museum of Art. He is the Boss of Dana Barrett and seems to have a crush on her. He is also the Servant of Vigo. Even after Vigo transforms him into a minion, Janosz is pretty much the same artsy, somewhat pretentious egomaniac who is obsessed with winning the affections of Dana Barrett. Subtlety is not one of Janosz's attributes. He has been seen in public openly talking to and even arguing and pleading with the painting of Vigo, apparently oblivious as to how crazy he appears to others.

Your Ability: Minion - Each night you can choose one person to do their work for them which will make you responsible for the action that they took. Send me a PM of who you want to work for each night. (You can choose one person and take credit for their ability. for instance, if you targeted a vig, their kill would show up as being from you. if you targeted a seer, you would recieve the results instead of him. etc, etc.)

Your Masters: You and your allies, Jaenther, Kime, The Geebs That Is A Mod and Powerpuppies, will get 2 kills each night that must be submitted via PM.

Post restriction: You must post in a crazy and random manner seeming to talk to yourself and musing about art.
    Your Cover Role:
    You have no game provided cover role because you are terribly obvious

Walter Peck - Serial Killer Odd
    You are: Walter Peck

peck.jpg

Walter J. Peck was an inspector for the Environmental Protection Agency for the third district, in the greater New York area. Mr. Peck, though initially professional in his demeanor can quickly reduced to visible agitation when he is not co-operated with. Walter Peck is also a skeptic by nature and therefore does not believe in the supernatural. Walter Peck follows his orders to the letter and apparently does not believe in flexibility or grey areas. He seems to genuinely beleive that he is a noble crusader, fighting "The Good Fight" and that ANY opposition to him is essentially an admission of guilt.

Your Ability: Bureaucrat - on odd numbered nights, you can choose one person to bury in paperwork. The Ghostbusters and their supporters should be run out of New York and exposed as the charlatans they are. Bury them all in regulations and paperwork until they are forced to leave. Your one true friend is your contact in the mayor’s office, Jack Hardemeyer. Together, you will show people what a sham this paranormal nonsense is. Send me a PM of who you want to run out of town on odd days. (You can kill one person on odd nights.)

Your Partner: You and your one true friend, A, are going to change this town. (You are masoned serial killers with odd/even vigs)

Your Alignment: You are aligned with whatever gets the job done. You win if you run everybody else (except your partner) out of town.

Jack Hardemeyer - Serial Killer Even
    You are: Jack Hardemeyer

hardemeyer.jpg

Jack Hardemeyer is the Mayor Lenny's assistant. Mr. Hardemeyer often overstretches his authority when he sees something that he considers out of place or irregular. Jack Hardemeyer is also a skeptic by nature and therefore does not believe in the supernatural. Hardemeyer is power-hungry and will do anything he can to preserve his position and prestige.

Your Ability: Bureaucrat - on even numbered nights, you can choose one person to bury in paperwork. The Ghostbusters and their supporters should be run out of New York and exposed as the charlatans they are. Bury them all in regulations and paperwork until they are forced to leave. Your one true friend is your contact in the EPA, Walter Peck. Together, you will show people what a sham this paranormal nonsense is. Send me a PM of who you want to run out of town on even days. (You can kill one person on even nights.)

Your Partner: You and your one true friend, A, are going to change this town. (You are masoned serial killers with odd/even vigs)

Your Alignment: You are aligned with whatever gets the job done. You win if you run everybody else (except your partner) out of town.

Dunadan019 on
  • RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Dammit, I almost made it to the end. I didn't call Geebs as being Gozer, though. I was pretty sure Exarch was up to shady dealings.

So maybe it was a good thing I didn't make it to the end. Who knows?

Rainfall on
    edited July 2009
    I wanted to be mentioned in the narration. Anyway, I was a seer and really only managed to seer 2 dudes in the entire phalla, infidel and psolms, just in time for them to leave the game.

GG all, I'm so baller.

You only got results if they were a ghost.....

when you seered other people and didn't get a PM, its because they were human. I think you were only blocked once.

Dunadan019 on
    edited July 2009
    Law you seriously gave me a heart attack there, you glorious bastage.

Games rarely get that close, that was crazy good.

Exarch on
    edited July 2009
    I FUCKING KNOW THAT PSOLMS AND POWERPUPPIES WHERE EVIL! I CALLED IT AND I DIED. /GRUDGE PSOLMS FOR OUTING ME AS AN SK WHEN YOU WAS ONE TOO!

Psolms was neutral. Powerpuppies was evil.

Powerpuppies was seered on night 1. Jaenther was seered on night 3. Orange soda was on night 2 but he died so Shalmelo had 2 baddies without any network to give them to....

Dunadan019 on
    edited July 2009
    Samurai, calm yourself. Deep breaths. You're wrong, as usual. Psolms was what he said he was, the entire time. He only had to kill Infidel to win, he wasn't an SK or evil. In fact, he was being very annoying trying to help the village. Might've been more effective if his "trust network" hadn't included most of the bad guys.

Jaenther on
  • Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Actually me and psalms almost had a really solid day 1 network, and powerpuppies was supposed to be role blocked and killed on night two. I am not sure where the ball got dropped, but I assume it was through kime even though I don't remember how much I told him.

Orange Soda on
  • SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    thanks for running the game, dunadan, it was fun.

grats to Exarch and lawinator for pulling out the win.

when I got the bus driver PM, I didn't think it would end well. (the one time I was a role blocker, I ended up blocking good specials on half the nights D: ). Amazingly (to me) though, I killed a baddie both times I used it.

1. when psolms was getting caught up in the drama storm, I wasn't sure about him, but I thought kime was acting much more low key than usual.

2. on my last night, I actually though that Exarch was acting suspiciously and that garroad was a villager with an unfortunate posting restriction. bad call on my part, but it worked out in the end.

SaraLuna on
    edited July 2009
    Jaenther wrote: »
    Samurai, calm yourself. Deep breaths. You're wrong, as usual. Psolms was what he said he was, the entire time. He only had to kill Infidel to win, he wasn't an SK or evil. In fact, he was being very annoying trying to help the village. Might've been more effective if his "trust network" hadn't included most of the bad guys.

Why didn't you role block powerpuppies btw?

Orange Soda on
    edited July 2009
    12. Jaenther - Vigo (Watcher)

ohhhhh lol ... we DID have two evils in our day 1 network

<.<

Orange Soda on
  • garroad_rangarroad_ran Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    because he was evil?

garroad_ran on
    edited July 2009
    Thanks for running the thing Dunadan. It was probably the funest phalla I've played so far. I just wish it had been more active, it was pretty upsetting that everyone had an ability and there were still a bunch of missed votes, and a whole lot of information to go on and no discussion.

garroad_ran on
    edited July 2009
    I can't kick you again, OS, it'd just be mean.

Jaenther on
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Also samurai even if you were right, which you weren't, your posting on the night of your death was terribad.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
    edited July 2009
    Mafia boards: http://ghostbustersbusters.proboards.com/

Should be open. Also, why the hell was my ability useless on Days 2 3 4?

garroad_ran on
    edited July 2009
    Man, there were SO MANY SEERS in this thing. And pretty much every one of them would've been able to contradict my cover. Incidentally, that's how you got Day 1'd, Faynor. I got scurred when I realized that one of the better uses of your ability that night would've been to check my cover.

Jaenther on
    edited July 2009
    Library Ghost - Mechanics Seer
    You are: The Library Ghost

libraryghost.jpg

The Library Ghost was the very first ghost that the Ghostbusters encountered. She appears to be a very odd reader as she likes to stack books up in the air and slime up card catelogs. She can change into a terrifying form to scare away people that refuse to be quiet. With all the time of the afterlife on her side, she has access to almost unlimited knowledge

Your Ability: Reader - Each night you can ask one question about the game mechanics. Your library only holds so many books so the scope of your questions must be limited. Send me your question each night via PM. (You can ask one mechanics question per night. note: questions like "who is evil" and "what is the list of roles" will not be answered while questions like "is there a vig" and "how many people are mafia" will be.)

Subway Ghost - Roleblocked Humans
    You are: Subway Ghost

subwayb.jpg

The Subway Ghost was one of many ghosts that escaped from the Storage facility. This ghost retreated to a subway to terrorize people. He emerged at street level, flailing his arms and mouth tentacles, shrieking and frightening surrounding citizens.

Your Ability: Ghoul - Each night you can choose one person to scare the hell out of. Ghosts won't be afraid of your antics but humans will be effectively paralyzed with fear. Send me a PM of who you want to target each night. (You can choose one person and role block them if they are a Human. You will receive no notification regardless of if it works or not.)

Ghost Train - Death Vig
    You are: The Ghost Train

trainznl.jpg

The crashed ghost train is an old classical model steam engine that crashed sometime in the 1920s killing 100 people. The train lurks in the abandoned subway tunnels beneath New York

Your Ability: Doomed Train - If you should die, you will be able to target one person to die along with you. Your kill will be factored in with all of the previous days actions such as guards and busdrivers. (You can kill one person on the night you die. You will be prompted for a target on the night this happens. this does not work if you die from the vote.)

Slimer - Post restrictions on humans
    You are: Slimer

slimer.jpg

Slimer is a ghost made up of pure ectoplasm and the first ghost successfully captured by the Ghostbusters. Slimer is well known for his gigantic appetite and the slime he leaves behind when he passes through solid objects. Slimer was a legendary ghost to all on the original staff of the Sedgewick Hotel. His usual territory was the twelfth floor, but his outings were usually non-violent and simply involved eating food. As a result, the hotel was able to keep a lid on the supernatural problems (for a while). Eventually the staff couldn't keep the ghost a secret anymore and called the Ghostbusters.

Your Ability: Slimer - Each night you can choose one person to Slime, should they be a Human, they will be visibly revolted. You also have an odd control over what form that revulsion takes. Send me a PM of who you want to slime each night and how you want them to react. (You can target one person each night. If they are a human you will slime them which will give them a posting restriction (no effect on ghosts). You can choose the posting restriction so long as it isn't posting in code, isn't complete silence, does not fool with voting and does not make them reveal their character. I have defaults if you submit something too radical.)

Nunzio Scoleri - Mason (Double vote if they vote together)
    You are: Nunzio Scoleri

scoleri1.jpg

Nunzio Scoleri and Tony Scoleri, better known as the Scoleri Brothers, were convicted murderers sentenced to death by electrocution by Judge Stephen "The Hammer" Wexler in 1948 at Ossining Prison. They came back as electrical ghosts in 1989, brought forth from the spirit realm by negatively-charged mood slime in Judge Wexler's courtroom.

Your Ability: Partners - You and your brother Tony have been working together since you were born. Together, you are both more powerful than either is alone. If you choose to work together, your effectiveness will be doubled. (You are masons and if both you and your partner vote for the same person, you both get a double vote.)

Your Partner: Fatal3RR0R is Tony Scoleri

Tony Scoleri - Mason (Double vote if vote together)
    You are: Tony Scoleri

scoleri2.jpg

Nunzio Scoleri and Tony Scoleri, better known as the Scoleri Brothers, were convicted murderers sentenced to death by electrocution by Judge Stephen "The Hammer" Wexler in 1948 at Ossining Prison. They came back as electrical ghosts in 1989, brought forth from the spirit realm by negatively-charged mood slime in Judge Wexler's courtroom.

Your Ability: Partners - You and your brother Nunzio have been working together since you were born. Together, you are both more powerful than either is alone. If you choose to work together, your effectiveness will be doubled. (You are masons and if both you and your partner vote for the same person, you both get a double vote.)

Your Partner: B is Nunzio Scoleri

Jogger Ghost - Ability Redirector
    You are: The Jogger Ghost

joggerghost.jpg

The Jogger Ghost is the spirit of a man who had jogged near Central Park in life. After dying, likely quickly and tragically, this man either did not realize he had died, and continued to jog at his former haunt, or he just retained his hobby. Unfortunately, he often appeared in bright daylight, frightening those going for a nice stroll. He also had a habit of pushing people out of his way to clear his path.

Your Ability: Runner - Each night you can pick one person and redirect any action they take. Send me a PM of who you want to redirect and who you want to target with their ability. (You are a form of a busdriver. each night you choose 1 player and hijack their ability making it instead target another player of your choice. you cannot choose yourself.)

Taxi Driver Ghost - Bus Driver
    You are: The Taxi Driver Ghost

taxidriverq.jpg

The Taxi Driver Ghost is the spirit of a man who had worked as a cab driver while alive only to be brutally murdered by one of his passengers. After dying, The driver continued to offer fairs to those that were willing to ride with a... slightly decaying driver.

Your Ability: Taxi Driver - Each night you can pick two people and switch all abilities targeted at one to the other and vice versa. Send me a PM of the two players you want to target. (You are a busdriver. each night you choose a player A and a player B. all actions taken against player A will instead effect player B and all actions taken against player B will effect player A. You cannot busdrive yourself and busdriving the vote leader will result in a non action (since the vote occurs first and the player is already dead).)

Titanic - Ability Switcher
    You are: The Captain of the Titanic

titanicz.jpg

The Titanic was a famous cruise ship in the early 1900's. It was set to sail to New York from Southampton (England) after it was completed in 1912, and it was said to be unsinkable. This theory was proved wrong a few days later after it reached the North Atlantic Sea, coliding with an iceberg and sinking to the bottom, killing over 1500 of its passengers on board, including the Captain. At the time it went down as one of the greatest Liner disasters in history.

Your Ability: Captain - Each night you can pick two people and switch Their abilities. Send me a PM of the two players you want to target. (You are a form of a busdriver. each night you choose a player A and a player B. Player B will be given player A's ability and vice versa. You cannot Select yourself as this might cause a paradoxical loop. an example would be if player A was the vig and player B was the guarding the vig. switching their abilities would mean that player B's target would get vigged instead of guarded).)

Positive Slime - Youtube Bomber
    You are: The Positivly Charged Slime

pinkslime.jpg

Psychomagnotheric Slime or Mood Slime is a psycho-reactive substance in Ghostbusters II that responds to human emotional states, both positive and negative. Ray and Egon conducted many tests on it to see how it reacts to different stimuli. The tests included shouting, and insulting its weak electro-chemical bonds; as well as talking and singing to it, saying supportive nurturing things, and sleeping with it. Psychomagnotheric slime also has kinetic properties, it can cause a toaster to dance, or a bathtub to eat a baby.

Your Ability: Inspiration - Each night you can pick one person to inspire with song! You have a large arsenal of music to select from should you choose. Send me a PM of who you want to target and what you want them to receive. (You are a Neutral with a win condition to eliminate your counterpart the Black slime. Each day you can send me a target to inspire with a YouTube video song. the song must be inspiring or uplifting in order to work. if you correctly target your foe, you will be victorious and exit the game. You also cannot die to normal vigs and mafia abilities.)

Default inspiration:
    Your Alignment: You are aligned with the Pink Slime. You win if you eliminate the Black Slime.

Negative Slime - Youtube Bomber
    You are: The Negatively Charged Slime

blackslime.jpg

Psychomagnotheric Slime or Mood Slime is a psycho-reactive substance in Ghostbusters II that responds to human emotional states, both positive and negative. Ray and Egon conducted many tests on it to see how it reacts to different stimuli. The tests included shouting, and insulting its weak electro-chemical bonds; as well as talking and singing to it, saying supportive nurturing things, and sleeping with it. Psychomagnotheric slime also has kinetic properties, it can cause a toaster to dance, or a bathtub to eat a baby.

Your Ability: Depression - Each night you can pick one person to Depress with song... You have a large arsenal of music to select from should you choose. Send me a PM of who you want to target and what you want them to receive. (You are a Neutral with a win condition to eliminate your counterpart, The Pink Slime. Each day you can send me a target to depress with a YouTube video song. The song must be depressing or dark in order to work. If you correctly target your foe, you will be victorious and exit the game. You also cannot die to normal vigs and mafia abilities.)

Default inspiration:
    Your Alignment: You are aligned with the Black Slime. You win if you eliminate the Pink Slime.

Alice the Librarian - Saw if someone was a ghost
    You are: Alice the Librarian

alicewmg.jpg

Alice was a librarian at the main branch of the New York City Public Library who was working in the stacks when she encountered the Library ghost. Alice's personality is typical of a library worker. She is very meek, gentle and very much terrified of the paranormal

Your Ability: Scaredy Cat - Each night you can choose one person to chat with, should they be a ghost, you will recognize it instantly. Send me a PM of who you want to talk to each night. (You can choose one person check if they are a ghost. If they are a ghost, you will receive a PM saying so.)

Baby Oscar - Saw if someone was human
    You are: Baby Oscar

babyoscar.jpg

Oscar is the baby of Dana Barrett. Like any baby, he has an affinity and interest in people and no concept of the supernatural.

Your Ability: Child - Each night you can choose one person to baby talk to, should they be human, you will recognize it instantly since you have no concept of ghosts. Send me a PM of who you want to target each night. (You can choose one person check if they are a Human. if they are a Human, you will receive a PM saying so.)

Dunadan019 on
    edited July 2009
    :P

Naw its cool, some times you gamble for epic results and sometimes you get burned. All part of the fun :P

I didn't really get much more solid info from psolms other than what he said, so I was just assuming that he trusted his contacts enough...

My bad on kime though :P I figured he was neutral and not evil but *shrug*

My dude was barely a step above a villager so I was alright with gambling.

Orange Soda on
    edited July 2009
    It was a fun game. I got to be a SK. The original plan after I revealed was for Ebran to kill the good ghost while I worked on the bad ghost. But he got killed and I pretty much decided that I wanted to go out with a bang! Of course, I was also working on my "I'm stupid new guy that no one will ever take seriously" for a true cover like kime's "I'm evil always".

samurai6966 on
  • FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Geebs, why did you kill me day 1 :(

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
    edited July 2009
    To be fair, kime and I could have escaped just about all of the seers.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
    edited July 2009
    I, uh, just explained that, Faynor.

Jaenther on
    edited July 2009
    Now: My thoughts.

first off, your 'trust network' was a terrible Idea OS and Psolms.

I'm sitting there reading the mafia board when they come out with all this role information..... and I'm saying to myself.... how the hell are they getting that?

Turns out you all just gave them the information.....

Thats why the mafia had such an easy time the first few days.

The village turned it around when Shalmelo seered 2 baddies in 3 days and the SKs got eliminated by the mafia and vote. that was pretty funny IMO.

the village again lost stride when some people didn't send in orders for their powers or didn't vote or talk about things.

in the end it was pretty even.

MVPs for good guys are Shalmelo for his seerings and Pablo_Price for his busdriving.
    MVPs for the bad guys are Jaenther for infiltrating the dumb network and Garroad_ran for acting out his post restriction the entire game and never getting killed for it except by accident.

Dunadan019 on
  • FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Oh, wow, how'd I miss that. Sorry Jae :P

Yeah, I enjoyed following this game. It seemed pretty interesting.

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
    edited July 2009
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    Now: My thoughts.

first off, your 'trust network' was a terrible Idea OS and Psolms.

I'm sitting there reading the mafia board when they come out with all this role information..... and I'm saying to myself.... how the hell are they getting that?

Turns out you all just gave them the information.....

Thats why the mafia had such an easy time the first few days.

The village turned it around when Shalmelo seered 2 baddies in 3 days and the SKs got eliminated by the mafia and vote. that was pretty funny IMO.

the village again lost stride when some people didn't send in orders for their powers or didn't vote or talk about things.

in the end it was pretty even.

MVPs for good guys are Shalmelo for his seerings and Pablo_Price for his busdriving.
    MVPs for the bad guys are Jaenther for infiltrating the dumb network and Garroad_ran for acting out his post restriction the entire game and never getting killed for it except by accident.

There is more evidence to this in the Okami thread.

Phalla Rule #1:
    Never trust anyone! (Unless Masoned, and that can be ify at times)

samurai6966 on
    edited July 2009
    by the by.

on night 1 Kime was targeted by trust to change his ability onto thanatos.

It was one of those things that I hadn't really thought about pre-game but the obvious outcome was that Kime's ability to change into a human was used on thanatos which made him alive....

Dunadan019 on
    edited July 2009
    Yeah, I could've done without the bus-driven vigilante kill. That was some unlikely accuracy.

Jaenther on
    edited July 2009
    Oh and Kime.

On night one you were redirected to thanatos.
    on night two you were roleblocked by neville (and since zuul is female, he found out that you targetted yourself)
    on night three psolms was roleblocked by neville but that was misdirected onto you by the busdriver as was the vig that killed you.

never to become a real boy....

Dunadan019 on