New screens from the (maybe) next version of Blazblue.
New system info and changes.
- New Move Berial Edge is not an overhead, can not combo from ground, slow
- Berial Edge does not get advantage frames on block
- Dead Spike breaks guard primer by 1
- Damage from overhead nerfed
- no change to jump cancellable moves
- JD is smaller during Blood Kain
- CS still doesn't go through projectiles
- C 2C are shorter but faster, less recovery time
- 22C's damage is fixed to 400
-5B is slow
-JB is slow, C>JB does not combo
-added J2C, which is old JC
-new DD Yukikaze 214214D, counter move same as Haku-men's one, 3882 damage
-J236D shoots out 2 projectiles instead of 3
-214B does not guarantee the knock down
-236C shoots out two projectile
-DPs, better CG graphic
-new JC looks like the second hit of 214D
-2B does not link to 5B
-A DP has longer recovery time makes it easier to punish
-A DP breaks guard primer by 1
-air 214A/B/C moves the same distance
-Cannot combo after C DP counter
-JD is faster
-easier to tech after B DP, can not combo into C after B DP
-air 214B does not do knockdown motion
-easier to unfreeze 6D
-better Counter Assault
-C>6C doesn't work on crouch anymore (still works on air)
-first hit of 236D breaks guard primer by 1
- 6A doesnt hit on most character's crouch motion
- Change to chain revolver, blueish color is now black
- Combo damage nerfed, combo from 6B does 3100
- You can counter Bullet Rain after Noel lands
- 236A/B/C becomes faster
- 6D becomes faster
- 22C loop nerfed, does only 2700 to Rachel
- new J6D move
- new move which is the 'old JD' directly from the ground
- 5C is shorter but faster
- 6C is slower
- 6C loop combo is still doable, but it is very hard and need to add 5A to do the loop
- 5A is slower
- JA is slower
- 5C can not be jump canceled
- 2D is no more an overhead
- easier to tech after D move hits
- new projectile DD called Tempest Dalia(テンペスト・ダリア)
- Tempest Dalia uses up all winds and will change depends on the number of wind left
- Tempest Dalia summons random projectile into screen including some weird object like Huge King-Frog George with crown
- wind doesnt immediately recover after consumption
- easier to tech after JC
- no frog combo, frog does not activate while opponent knocked down
- sword iris command changes to 214C, has mid-air version
- Can't cancel J2C while recovering from a landing.
- hard to combo after 3C9D
- can not summon new flog immediately after the old one activated
- frog is now also affected by wind, but frog moves very slow without wind
- easier to recover after 6B counter
- J2C can not link to other normals on block, J2C can not be cancelled into other special moves
- hitbox of pumpkin will disappear if Rachel gets hit even after pumpkin is activated
- Frog has less life, Taokaka's 2A mashed out it
- 4B is a bit faster
- 236B 236C have longer recovery time
- new down status throw called Jet Finger which has magnetize property, 22D (the one like Ragna's 22C)
- Jet Finger can be linked after A driver and 3C
- Command throw immediately after 22D will lead to purple throw
- double the guard libra of other characters.
- new 4D move, magnetizes
- 623C has invincibility against HEAD attribute move
- Walk faster
- jump faster
- 2D is faster
- 5D has guard point and doesn't hit opponent far away, able to combo after it
- 3C pulls opponent back
- C is faster
- 2D, A driver's attracts opponent stronger when magnetized
- Magnetized property lasts shorter (lasts around 3sec)
- J236B changed to only hit in horizontal direction
- 3C>JD6>JC>J236B>J2DB doesnt combo
- 5B counter hit > 6C does not combo
- CD loop and taunt combo remains
- projectile move is faster
- You can only mash 2A 3times in the row
- 236C is faster(?)
- all green slower start up
- easier to tech after DP hits, cannot end the combo with DP setup
- cannot do the combo after DP normal hit
- Stick 5A, 2A links to 5B
- DP is now RCable
- JD will cause slide down
- can setup the stick with 6D or 4D, 6D is the forward movement attack and 4D is jump kick move
- Dive move is not overhead anymore, slow, dive cancel only possible at hit
- when curse meter gets full it goes to FEVER mode
- You cannot recurse opponent in the FEVER mode
- All bugs are changed, not as good as old ones (at least observing from the current point
- u can only summon bees while in FEVER mode
- bugs are huge
- once the curse mode starts it wont go away even if Arakune takes hit
- Fog move has no hitbox but if u touch it the curse meter will increase
- Fog adds 40-50% to meter Everything else 20-25%
- YOU CANT GUARD BREAK with bees
- fast and short back step, no change to forward step
- Somebody already found 5000+damage combo
- 2D is no more an overhead move
- Dive can not be canceled into forward step or back step on block, easy to punish
- all bugs can be blocked in the air
- JC is still an overhead (confirmed), J4C is not an overhead(?)
- new command throw DD designed for anti-air 2000 damage, air unblockble(?)
- Furinkazan comes with consumer version song
- D move in general is faster
- Poison does more damage
- 6C combo works on more characters
- C is a bit slower
- J2C is no more overhead, slow
- no airthrow loop
- easier to tech after 2C
- 214C cancel remains
- no jump cancel after 5B when blocked
- Nirvana's life goes down fast but recovers fast as well
- 214214D super does more damage
- new projectile is fast and reaches the corner
- 8D is not air techable
- no change to 2D 4D 6A, glide throw, Gear DD
- has new barrier move against projectile (?)
- barrier appears when he cuts the projectile (white circle with 封="Seal" kanji on the center)
- barrier absorbs the projectile and gets bigger
- barrier will last for a certain time and will disappear if opponent gets hit by it
- 2D and 6D lasts longer
- new 4C move, Gatotsu, as long as Litchi's 6B
- new J2A which is old J2C but slower
- Old JC is now J2C
- new JC move looks like second hit of Jin's 214D
- meter is easier to identify
- C 6C is faster
- cannot combo into 5C after 41236C
- JD guarantees knockdown
- range got shortened
- No more special voice against Ragna
- 2C is slow
- combo damage nerfed (2700-3400)
- new move Act Parser Zwei, Act Parser Zwei: Blade, Act Parser Zwei: Cavalier
- Act Parser Zwei is close to old Act Parser, not an attack move
- Zwei:Blade is a low move, can be linked from 5DD
- Zwei:Cavalier is similar to Blade but attacks from different direction(?), can link to 2DD
- all Act Parser move about the same distance, shorter than the old Act Parser
- DD>4DD is very hard to combo
- 5D is slower, throw>5D does not combo, easier to recover after 5DD
- 5D and 4D can not be jump canceled
- hard to combo after 214D
- opponent can immediately tech after J214D hit (like Jin's 214B)
- 236D changes to the move where appears in the certain range and lasts for about 3-4hits
- D attack doesn't combo to 236D in general
- opponent floats higher after gravity seed hits, gravity>6A does not work
- 236236D is shorter
- J214DC cancel is faster
- fast, run in the same speed as Noel does
- Order-Sol style character
- charge with 5D, 2D and JD
- charge meter goes down when charged-special move is used
- charge Lv.1 command throw does 1800 damage, whereas charge Lv.5 command throw does 5000 damage
- charge speed is very slow, nothing compared to Order-Sol
- able to do charge cancel like Order-Sol
- there is a super like Haku-men's Mugen which will give infinite charge meter
- 236A~D is the move looks like Order-Sol's Rock-it(236S), speed changes depends on the button
- 22A~D, spin sword move
- 214A~D charge forward with shield, links from 5c.
- 623A~D DP, probably has invincibility
- J236A~D dive move in the screenshot
- J214A~D move from screenshot
- 236236C~D, C version doesn't spend meter and just shoot out the magic circle, D version spends the meter and shoot projectiles towards the magic circle shot out by C version
- 5A standing punch, probably can't hit crouching
- 5B wings come out of shield. Probably the longest attack of 5b class.
- 5C has follow up, reach seems really short.
- 2B a low, links into 5b
- 2C extend wings upwards, probably anti-air
- 6A overhead
- 6B low
- 6C slam forward with shield, looks like tager's sledge。
- JC sword stab downward, seems to have good hitbox
- Burst becomes GG style, stock up to 2 bursts
- Burst no longer have damage penalty
- You start with 1 burst in round 1, and get 1 more burst per round, can stock two. So if you don't use your burst round one, you end up with 2 in round 2, but you can not stack anymore after that.
- You get one extra burst next round if you lose the round
- When regular gold burst hits opponent, opponent will bounce high and able to combo from there
- Guard Libra retains from round to round
- All AH unlocked
- You can use AH when you need one more round to win (not the final round of the match) with 100% meter and opponent's life is below certain percentage, character shines in white when it is possible to activate AH
- Heat Gauge goes up automatically from the beginning of the round (Yes, Everybody is like Haku-men now) (might be for loke test purposes only)
- Guard Libra length changes for every characters, meter goes down if the character blocks the specific move that breaks the guard (e.g. blocking Λ-11-'s 214D will let meter go down by 2)
- Guard Libra number
06 Hakumen Bang
05 Jin Noel Litchi Tsubaki
04 Ragna Rachel Arakune Taokaka Carl
- Projectile such as Arakune's Bee and Rachel's flog has a circle around them, easier to identify
- better animation
- new effect, new voice
- life bar turns red when it is extremely low
- New face pictures for character select screen
Xbox live Gamertags/PSN IDs
PM me to be added into the list
PA Username- Gamertag
The Sneak!- TheSneak
No Great Name- Nogreatname
Zombie Nirvana- ATXZOMBIE
Professor Snugglesworth- SOLDIER
Oklahomacity- Fuggin Kraken
Friends Group Profile thingy: Blaz Blue PA
PA Username- ID
Jubeh- Captain Batman
Nick T- Convic Nic
sgt scruffian- Sgt Scruffian
Signum Ex Sonitus- SignumExSonitus
Ragnar Dragonfyre- InstaGood
RxNegative - RxNegative
The Sneak!- PA The Sneak
Kevin Crist- I Eat Brainmeat
Squirrel Rancher - Glory2Hypnotoad
Fig-D- Fig D
Shamus- El Shamus
anilos- is lfailurel
Spiffy mage- Spiffymage
Trunkers- MLG Trunkers
Shrieve - Shrieve0
MelodicSilence- Melodic Silence
What is Blazblue?
Blazblue is a fighting game from Arc System Works, the makers of the famous Guilty Gear. It was originally meant to be set in the same universe, but apparently not? Anyway, to any of you who are familiar with Guilty Gear, you should know what to expect. Which is batshit insane characters, fast-paced gameplay and the best music to ever grace a videogame.
But how does it play?
Unashamedly copy pasted from wikipedia.
The game uses an 8-directional lever, common to most fighting games, and 4 attack buttons: Light, Middle, Heavy, and Drive, the latter of which activates unique special abilities for each character. Throws and throw cancels are performed by pressing medium and strong at the same time. In addition to basic dashing and jumping, there are also double-jumps and aerial dashes.
Heat Gauge: An energy gauge used for the Distortion Drive and Rapid Cancel.
Distortion Drive: Special attacks unique to each character that consume 50% of the heat gauge. Performed with some arrows motion plus the drive button.
Barrier Gauge: A gauge that regenerates over time, used for Barrier and Barrier Burst. The defense capability of a character is lowered for a set period of time when this gauge reaches zero.
Barrier: Pushes back the enemy and prevents guard damage. Performed by pressing weak attack and medium attack at the same time while guarding.
Barrier Burst: Pushes the opponent away, either when guarding or receiving damage, thus cancelling the enemy's combo in the latter case. Uses 100% of the barrier gauge and leaves it to zero for a set period of time. Performed by pressing all four buttons at the same time.
So, basically, mostly renamed versions of what's already in Guilty Gear.
the match making system is awesome. I can honestly say, BB online model is far superior compare to SF4. Though might be a bold statement, But here's a quick breakdown:
Here's one scenario that should give you an idea.
I log onto XB Live, Play BB, go on network mode. I look for a rank match, but before that I wanna see among my friends who's in the top. From there, I can see some replays of my friends matches that they uploaded and see how they are doing. It'll even show you who they last played based on the icon next to their name. Next, I get bored watching my friends bullshit replays so I wanna see the top of the top, so I browse on the monthly leaderboard, I can now see who's at the top and check out his best replays and realize how sucky or how much better I am...So I get pumped up and I noticed some of my friends are online as well. So I start a lobby and start dictating the amount of slots I want for players and spectators. From there, I invite all my friends and we all say wassup and proceed to kick each others ass. We can save replays, spectate, and talk as much trash as we want. But wait, I got a homie that just signed on, sends me a msg, talking shit about my match!
But when I look at my lobby he ain't there!
How that works is my boy is searching for rooms to join but before joining, a player can see what's going on in each room, including icons that display who's currently fighting in the current match, who's winning the match, connection speed of the room, and who's in the lobby.
And there is still various other options and setups.. but that's just one example from player match...I hope that gave you an idea on what is to come.
And yes, this is for PS3 as well. So no haters please....
Now, hook up some rep points!
Story for anyone who cares:
THESE VIDEOS ARE AWESOME
Trailer showing all characters
Another trailer with some nice gameplay
Before the events of BlazBlue, humanity was on the the verge of extinction from the "Black Beast", a creature of Darkness. Hope came in the form of six heroes who wielded the power of magic. Together, the six heroes & humanity created "Armagus" a combination of Magic & Technology to defeat the Beast, which would be known as The First War of Magic.
After the war, the New World Void Space Cue Administration Bureau was created to govern the new world which has discovered the use of Armagus. Under the Bureau, Humanity began reconstructing & the world was under their dictatorship. However this caused much dissent for the people due to fact Armagus was used in every issue & the widening socioeconomic gap between those who could use & cannot use Armagus. This dissent would eventually form years later into The Ikaruga Civil War or The Second War of Magic, when the Ikaruga Union openly rebelled against the Bureau. After the war, the Bureau imposed a harsher rule on the world declaring anyone that defies them will be killed.
On December A.D.2199, several years after the Second war, a branch of the Bureau was utterly destroyed by an SS-class traitor named "Ragna the Bloodedge" also known as "the God of Death." His quest was to destroy the Bureau. The New World Void Space Cue Administration Bureau, hoping to stop him, immediately put the largest bounty ever for anyone who could capture him.
Characters (again unashamedly copy pasted from wikipedia):
Ragna the Bloodedge
Height: 185 cm
Wight: 78 kg
The almighty force managing the "Operation", in order to obtain absolute power over the world, is this man who has rebelled against the "Earth and Space Information Control System". Known as the "God of Death", a bounty for his elimination has been placed in all the regions populated with branches of the Control System. In game, his tactics revolve around using his power and large sword to keep pressure on his opponents. His Drive Ability is known as Soul Eater, which is used to absorb the opponents life.
Height: 178 cm
Wight: 61 kg
From a prestigious family, this man is a retainer of the Control System's Kisaragi house. His class is Major. In the past, he had a distinguished military record during the "Ikaruga Civil War" that broke out, and was promoted to the position of Division Commander at an exceptionally young age. He is always cool and calm, though he is a deeply jealous, ambitious, and possessive person, with little care for others. His Drive Ability is known as Frost Bite, which specializes in freezing opponents.
Height: 157 cm
Wight: 48 kg
Because of her outstanding combat ability and suitable operation evaluations, she was selected to be Jin Kisaragi's direct subordinate in her youth. The two were acquaintances in officer's academy, though Noel thought Jin was extremely weak. However, on a certain mission handed down from the Control System, her preconceptions were changed. Her Drive Ability is known as Chain Revolver, which specializes in chain linking her combos together.
Iron Tagar (TR-00009) (aka ololpotemkim
Height: 240 cm
Wight: 550 kg
Bloodtype: Replaced with unknown substance
Originally the leader of a battle unit which revolved around physical combat, he was forced to withdraw from the front lines after sustaining a mortal wound in the Ikaruga Civil War. He was brought back from the brink of death at the hands of the scientist "Kokonoe" and revived as a cyborg, and is currently assigned to a combat unit under the direct control of Kokonoe. He seems to be pursuing Ragna, though his goals are entirely unclear. His Drive Ability is Volttech Battler, which specializes in using electricity and magnetism so he can grab his enemies.
Height: 145 cm
Wight: 31 kg
A blood-sucking vampire who is the head of the Alucard family and who dresses in a gothic lolita style. As the head of the family an enormous castle and a servant have been handed down to her from previous generations. She carries a cat-shaped umbrella called Nago and fights using a chubby, red bat familiar called Gii. She slipped out of her castle in search of fun because she hates to be bored. Her Drive Ability is Sylphide, which allows her to manipulate wind.
Height: 165 cm
Wight: 42 kg
A young catgirl of the Kaka tribe who live in the lower class part of Kagutsuchi. Her coat is equipped with massive paw-like hands that include long, retractable claws. She wants to get back the sky above her village that was sealed off with an enormous plate by humans who came to the land and started building a big city. She left her village in search of someone called Ragna after she heard that you could gain a lot of money for defeating him. Her Drive Ability is known as Dancing Edge: Reckless Kitty, which specializes at dashing at high speeds with a slash attack.
Litchi Faye Ling
Height: 170 cm
Wight: 58 kg
A doctor in the oriental part of Kagutsuchi. Apparently, she is vital to the town because of her profession and her knack for sensing others' needs. Her reasons for coming here are unknown. Her Drive Ability is Mantenbou, which manipulates her staff into attacking opponents by itself.
Height: 20-200 cm
Wight: 5-1000 kg
An occult being that is constantly seeking knowledge. Its body houses innumerable insects. Currently, it lives under the streets of Kagutsuchi. Because it needs to absorb large amounts of life force to continue its existence, it frequently attacks those of the Kaka tribe and humans alike. Recently, it has sensed the presence of a being with unheard of levels of life force, which has caused it to stir. Its Drive Ability is Crimson, which curses the opponent to where several flying insects will attack him/her.
Height: 192 cm
Wight: 105 kg
A ninja who mastered various techniques. His Drive Ability is Burning Heart, which makes him fully use his ninja skills.
Height: 144 cm
Wight: 35 kg
A young boy wearing a top hat who fights using a large mechanical maid puppet named Nirvana. His Drive Ability is Auto Maton, which controls Nirvana.
The sub-boss of the game, V13 looks like a mechanical/cyborg girl who floats in mid-air, is short, has short white hair, mecha shoulder pads, what appears to be an eye scanner on one of her eyes, and is colored all white. Strikingly resembles Noel. Playable and not banned.
The boss of the game, he looks like a cross between Justice from Guilty Gear and a white samurai, wielding a long sword. Both Haku-Men and V13 were seen at the EVO location test for the game. Playable and not banned.
JESUS CHRIST THAT WAS LONG.
And for those who always wonder what the hell we're on talking about 236 B's, 412364 A's or 781209 C's, well, this is for you.
They represent directional inputs. 4 is left, 6 is right, 2 is down, etc. etc.