As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Anime] '09 Preview of Fall Anime is the fall of anime.

• OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Maybe they're doing the redub for the 2.0 remake or whatever

Or maybe the dudes there thought it would be funny if they did GitS, I don't know

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • LeumasWhiteLeumasWhite New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Falx wrote: »
    Oh man, please don't let the Fairy Tail anime suck.

Also railgun totally has a chick nicknamed railgun.

She can
    use electromagnetic energy to accelerate a coin to over 1000m/s
    and
    make a chainsaw-whip out of magnetic sand.

I am now interested in this Railgun show

If those things mentioned actually happen, that is

they already happened actually, in the show that it is a side story to, To Aru Majutsu no Index

Well I have neither watched nor heard of that show so I am interested in this one!

Index was pretty good. Kinda heavy on the main character telling people off for being dumb, and Index herself ceased to matter after like four episodes.

Looks like it's just gonna be Railgun and DtB, though. Nothing else appealing in that lineup.

LeumasWhite on
    QPPHj1J.jpg
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Maybe they're doing the redub for the 2.0 remake or whatever

Or maybe the dudes there thought it would be funny if they did GitS, I don't know

Well, seeing how only one voice in the main English cast has changed--that of the Major--that could be interesting.

Synthesis on
  • FalxFalx Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

She can
    and

they already happened actually, in the show that it is a side story to, To Aru Majutsu no Index

Well I have neither watched nor heard of that show so I am interested in this one!

Index was pretty good. Kinda heavy on the main character telling people off for being dumb, and Index herself ceased to matter after like four episodes.

Looks like it's just gonna be Railgun and DtB, though. Nothing else appealing in that lineup.

A read of the Fairy Tail manga might just add a title to your list.

Falx on
  • darksteeldarksteel Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Al Baron wrote: »
    So has anyone been watching Taishou Yakyuu Musume or more accurately, A Reague of Their Own?
    Yes, I just wanted to write out that joke, why do you ask?

I'm watching it. It's pretty good. I'm learning more and more about baseball with every new episode.

darksteel on
    shikisig6-1.jpg
  • LeumasWhiteLeumasWhite New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009

She can
    and

A read of the Fairy Tail manga might just add a title to your list.

I dunno, sorta burned out on shonen right now. Working my way through the giant that is One Piece is probably all I can handle, though I might give it a shot.

LeumasWhite on
    QPPHj1J.jpg
  • ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'm probably going to give Fairy Tail a shot. That is, unless they have a winged platypus that they insist is a cat or some bullshit like that.

By the way, what's good this season besides the new higurashi?

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Zython wrote: »
    I'm probably going to give Fairy Tail a shot. That is, unless they have a winged platypus that they insist is a cat or some bullshit like that.

Well if you don't like Plue you might be unhapy with a cameo or two but otherwise there's no "Wacky Pet"

Happy isn't a pet before any of you start.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Aww my fifty pages are up so quickly. They went by so fast. And my two terms are done, I won't make the next. And don'[t be an idiot and make a thread before this is locked XD.

In other news, that stitch looks good, I should pick up the first season.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Natsu is basically a watered-down Luffy with Fire Fist Ace abilities, sans the intangibility effects.

Godfather on
  • ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Zython wrote: »

Well if you don't like Plue you might be unhapy with a cameo or two but otherwise there's no "Wacky Pet"

Happy isn't a pet before any of you start.

It's not that I hate Plue, I just hate how everyone insists he's a dog. If that's a dog, then it should've been put out of its misery long ago.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
    edited July 2009
    It's in Rave Master that everyone says he's a dog... so far in 143 chapters of Fairy Tail he's shown up in something other than cover art... maybe 3...4 times at most?

Also, Canaan is awesome so far, Sora no Manimani is hilarious... and GA Art Design School could be if someone other than Ayako was subbing it since they take their damn time apparently.

Falx on
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Ugh. Monthly limit is almost used up. Next two weeks are going to be a bitch. Damn you internet!

13.gif

Maybe now's a good time to finally drop Valkyria Chronicles. I honestly have no idea why the fuck I've continued watching that shit anyway. It's so goddamn awful. Canaan is great though. So is Tokyo Magnitude. And what's this I hear about a second season of Queen's Blade? Fuck yeah!
    Actually, no. That's fucking terrible news

70.gif

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Oh god, Fall previews are up? I haven't even finished watching spring shows yet. I haven't even finished K-ON! And let alone starting on the summer stuff. And don't get me started on my video game backlog. I wonder if I should just quit my job...

So we watched Tokyo Godfathers last night. Who's a good little life-affirming movie? You are! Yes, you! It was fun to watch and just twisty enough to keep me interested without descending into the standard "WTF is going on" zone. At the end my fiancee commented on how it was not like the other Satoshi Kon works we've seen. And then Tokyo Tower started dancing to the credits music.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Man, next season sure has a decent amount of sequels (and a spinoff!)

Can't say anything really jumps out at me from that promo pic but it's practically impossible to determine the winners and losers when it's quite some time away anyhow.
    Spectre wrote: »
    So am I supposed to update my animelist every time I watch an episode or read a chapter? Who does that?

I don't do that for manga but for anime I find it pretty helpful since I can increase the episodes watched count by one with a single mouse click. Though I really only do this because at times I find it tough to remember the number of the last episode I watched, so it's an easy way to keep track.

Slicer on
  • Chrono HelixChrono Helix Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Sollah wrote: »
    No, she means, if you take the visual standards applied to japanese anime.
    And you translated the look of the american wolverine to this one, like you would translate a sentence.
    You would get that.

That's what she meant.
    Trust me, I've seen her collection of pretty anime and manga. Read some of them. He's fugly.

And this is exactly the problem with Japanimation

No concept for an ugly hero

That's kind of why I like Kaiji's and Akagi's style. It stands out because everyone is ugly. It's like the artist went more for style then trying to give something for everyone to swoon over.

That or he likes drawing funny noses.

You might like JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. Well, I wouldn't say everyone's ugly, but Araki certainly went for style.

She can
    and

They should, the first happens in the very first chapter of the manga, even. It's basically Index without the exposition and the protagonist doesn't take time out to preach at his opponents.

That's good. All he ever did was just punch his opponents till he knocked them out anyway. Delicious biri biri...

Chrono Helix on
  • ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Hey guys, Kara no Kyoukai (Oblivion Recorder) is out tomorrow.

Zandracon on
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Wait. More Inu-Yasha? They're going to try to finish the manga's storyline? So... how close does this run with Dragonball for longest series ever?

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • darksteeldarksteel Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Zandracon wrote: »
    Hey guys, Kara no Kyoukai (Oblivion Recorder) is out tomorrow.

I've got four friends and a gallon of ice cream ready for it. Hopefully the subs come out this week.

darksteel on
    shikisig6-1.jpg
    edited July 2009
    They had it out in approx 24 hours last time... I have high hopes.

Falx on
  • kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Interesting, just a straight up Romance of the Three Kingdoms anime, I might have to check that out to see how it looks.

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Caught back up with Saki ep17. How the fuck can mahjong be this awesome?
    The only way our heroines can win against the demoness is keeping our worthless catgirl alive? Damn.

Now one has to guess. Is Saki a demoness herself?

Also, one has to love the magical girl sequences.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Yeah, it's kinda keen. I know it kinda weeboish, but I'm almost tempted to try to figure out some way to play it online.

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
    edited July 2009
    redx wrote: »
    Yeah, it's kinda keen. I know it kinda weeboish, but I'm almost tempted to try to figure out some way to play it online.
    Here's a pretty neat online Flash client in Japanese: http://tenhou.net/
    And here's some accompanying English documentation: http://arcturus.su/tenhou/

Falx on
  • Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Saki 05
    why Spectrum, WHY?

ts;dr the pedo did not decrease and there was NO REASON for Taco's outfit to show the most skin WHYYYYYYYYY

Dac Vin on
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Hahaha...'Japanimation'.

Synthesis on
  • redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Dac Vin wrote: »
    Saki 05
    why Spectrum, WHY?

ts;dr the pedo did not decrease and there was NO REASON for Taco's outfit to show the most skin WHYYYYYYYYY

Yeah, it can be a bit much.

Aoi Hana is turning out to be pretty good. Which isn't really all that surprising.

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Saki 05
    why Spectrum, WHY?

It's, like, the most inconsequential part Dac. It's only going to bother you if you were secretly focusing on it.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Well compared to the others, it shows. Don't try to put me along with pika, you freak!

Fortunately, Saki 6 gives us what I needed, mahjong, rivals and the like. 7 looks like to be entirely focused on a single game but I'm not hoping.

Dac Vin on
  • BehemothBehemoth Compulsive Seashell Collector Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    And you translated the look of the american wolverine to this one, like you would translate a sentence.
    You would get that.

That's what she meant.
    Trust me, I've seen her collection of pretty anime and manga. Read some of them. He's fugly.

That's kind of why I like Kaiji's and Akagi's style. It stands out because everyone is ugly. It's like the artist went more for style then trying to give something for everyone to swoon over.

You might like JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. Well, I wouldn't say everyone's ugly, but Araki certainly went for style.

I would say he draws everyone ugly. Or, at the very least, ugly by the usual anime standards.

It's a shame Jojo never got a proper anime. There are so many great fights.

Behemoth on
    iQbUbQsZXyt8I.png
    edited July 2009
    Since we got a new thread coming in like, around 5 posts or so if mods are vigilant, anyone got something they'd like to see in the OP? So far I got the junk in the one Pika did, some text, and that's it really.

Dac Vin on
    edited July 2009
    Behemoth wrote: »
    You would get that.

That's what she meant.

I would say he draws everyone ugly. Or, at the very least, ugly by the usual anime standards.

It's a shame Jojo never got a proper anime. There are so many great fights.

It's also a shame that the Phantom Blood movie hasn't gotten a DVD release. I haven't found any concrete evidence on why, but I've heard rumors that Araki wasn't exactly impressed with the movie and that had something to do with it.

Slicer on
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Since we got a new thread coming in like, around 5 posts or so if mods are vigilant, anyone got something they'd like to see in the OP? So far I got the junk in the one Pika did, some text, and that's it really.
    Don't forget the anti-shrimp warning.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
    edited July 2009
    Spectrum wrote: »

I think that we've had enough threads that we don't need it by now, he obviously knows about it.

I've been thinking of making a list of all the legal streaming sites for a new OP since that question is asked every once in awhile but I haven't quite gotten around to it. Perhaps the thread after the next thread!

Slicer on
    edited July 2009
    Spectrum wrote: »

the warning is in.

Dac Vin on
    edited July 2009
    Also beware of Pikasplosions.

And maybe a space kept open for any dvd specials or sales we might spot.

Falx on
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Bleh. Forum went down when I had it typed up before, but I'm lazy, so here's single-sentence summaries of your shonen spoilers:

Naruto:
    Kisimoto cannot write political intrigue to save his life.

Bleach:
    Lots of posturing, only a little fighting.

Jragghen on
    edited July 2009
    Well I think you saw a glimpse of what to come in my anime thread. :oops:

Dac Vin on
  • ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

We are at 100 pages already.

Zandracon on
    edited July 2009
    Zandracon wrote: »

We are at 100 pages already.

The point where I go is when this thread get locked. Pretty sure there has been comments by the mods about it.

Dac Vin on
This discussion has been closed.