As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

360XBLA - MtG Planeswalkers tournament - Recruiting again?

• troublebrewingtroublebrewing Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    just played kraterface and lost.

good games mang.

troublebrewing on
  • OctobotOctobot Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    pamagic11.jpg

Octobot on
    edited July 2009
    lost 2 matches in a row to Troublebrewing. The first was classic white with far too many fliers for green to handle, the second match was going much better for me untill i made a huge mistake and then lost (but really all that did was save me from losing the third match;)

pamagic12.jpg

Octobot on
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I don't think I've seen anybody but octobot on so I haven't been able to get a game.

As of Friday you still hadn't accepted my friend request which wouldn't help :P

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • kraterfacekraterface Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

good games mang.

You got mana screwed in the first one, and in the second you got Hostility screwed! I was given the opportunity to play Lava Axe with Hostility on the board, giving me five 3/1 elementals with haste. He had one blocker and ten life left, he took twelve damage. In that particular round, he was creature screwed. I did all this just after he threw out his Wrath of God. Thank God I waited 'til he did that to play Hostility.

kraterface on
    I have invented the pubic hair ghillie suit!
  • truck-a-saurastruck-a-sauras Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I don't think I've seen anybody but octobot on so I haven't been able to get a game.

I've seen trouble once or twice I think, but not long enough to get a game in.

sent out more friend requests for those who seemed to be missing in my list. thought I had added you all, but checking now didn't see some. add me and we'll get some more games in.

edit: my tag is Mad Eye Moody

truck-a-sauras on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Steam
    XBOX
    edited July 2009
    kraterface wrote: »

good games mang.

You got mana screwed in the first one, and in the second you got Hostility screwed! I was given the opportunity to play Lava Axe with Hostility on the board, giving me five 3/1 elementals with haste. He had one blocker and ten life left, he took twelve damage. In that particular round, he was creature screwed. I did all this just after he threw out his Wrath of God. Thank God I waited 'til he did that to play Hostility.

yeah, that sucked!

troublebrewing on
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Hey I don't know if you guys are recruiting for your next tourney yet but I'd love to get in on it.

Peen on
    edited July 2009
    we are planning on running a real tournament after this one is over, so watch for the thread (might be a few weeks still as we have alot of matches to go before we are done)

Octobot on
    edited July 2009
    Mad Eye Moody defeats TroubleBrewin

I got one match in with Jam before i had to go hopefully we can get back together soon to finish up.

troublebrewing on
    edited July 2009
    pamagic13b.jpg

Octobot on
  • BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Well I'm back! Doesn't seem like any more matches have been played with my deck - let me know if y'all want me to take back over for Cullen.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • CullenCullen Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    Well I'm back! Doesn't seem like any more matches have been played with my deck - let me know if y'all want me to take back over for Cullen.

That might be best. Work has gone crazy recently so I haven't even turned the Xbox on in the last week or so.

Cullen on
    edited July 2009
    well if Blue Blue is back we can finish our match. I was 1 game up in the match and we didn't finish. Hit me up whenever and we'll finish this thing.

truck-a-sauras on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Steam
    XBOX
  • theantipoptheantipop Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    That's a crazy chart. And I would also love to participate in the next tourny. General XBLA competition is pretty awful.

theantipop on
    edited July 2009
    ok BlueBlue back in! Hopefully we can get this initial tournament/deck test out of the way soon so we can start a proper tournament while there is still interest.

pamagic14.jpg

Octobot on
    edited July 2009

sent out more friend requests for those who seemed to be missing in my list. thought I had added you all, but checking now didn't see some. add me and we'll get some more games in.

I think I got a friend request from you and declined. I didn't know who Mad Eye Moody was. EVERYONE, IF YOU SEND ME A FRIEND REQUEST ON XBL, PLEASE LEAVE A MESSAGE STATING WHO YOU ARE. I GET ALOT OF RANDOM REQUESTS ON XBL AND DON'T BEFRIEND JUST ANYONE. THANK YOU.

kraterface on
    edited July 2009
    TroubleBrewin defeats Jam Warrior.

Good Games mang.

troublebrewing on
    edited July 2009
    pamagic15.jpg

Octobot on
    edited July 2009
    yay I love looking at the updated chart.

troublebrewing on
    edited July 2009
    Looks like I'm falling behind in games! Somebody hit me up next time I'm online. My internet was giving me shit yesterday so hopefully I won't run into the same issue today.

kraterface on
    edited July 2009
    Looking at the chart, I must say I had a feeling that white would be pretty dominant, and now it looks like we've got two dominant players! Unfortunately for Octo, he's lost to white already, which puts white on top as far as I can tell!

kraterface on
    edited July 2009
    yeah its nice to see the chart filling up. so keep those results coming in!

Octobot on
    edited July 2009
    I wouldn't know by the way you and truck raped me!

we haven't seen the way the elf deck plays because pretty much unless I have good luck on the draw and he has bad luck I'm fucked.

troublebrewing on
    edited August 2009
    Well, was excited when kraterface got on - but then it turned out it was someone else using his account. Good times were had by all.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
    edited August 2009
    pamagic16.jpg

got my ass thoroughly handed to me by Moridin last night, in two very quick matches. Only BlueBlue to go and i am done!

Octobot on
    edited August 2009
    I was wondering how you'd mark a tri-colour victory. Still looking out for you guys but ad-hoc meetings don't seem to be happening with the people who are left. PM me if you want to set a date, remembering your early afternoon is my late evening.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
    edited August 2009
    i was hopeing the tri colous wouldnt win;D but i figured it out (at least with two colour there is an already established way to do it). yeah at this point everyone should just play anyone they see on and try to get as many games in as possible

Octobot on
    edited August 2009
    not seeing the two dudes I need to play on ever. if you want to shoot me a PM my times are pretty flexible if I know ahead of time.

troublebrewing on
  • Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Wait a sec.... Kraterface is PA? He and I were just running through 4 player matches for funsies after Octobot and I played. -sighs- And to think, now I have to try and stomp him.

Moridin889 on
    edited August 2009
    well if Blue Blue is back we can finish our match. I was 1 game up in the match and we didn't finish. Hit me up whenever and we'll finish this thing.

And I lose again! To a lone 2/2, the rack, and some discards.

I have to say, this dragon deck is probably my least favorite, haha.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    edited August 2009
    pamagic17.jpg

Octobot on
    edited August 2009
    A victory against Moridin, wherein I learn that my deck is capable of winning, as long as my draw is perfect and also my opponent draws only land.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Hey hey, I had a Cho-manno too :p

Moridin889 on
    edited August 2009
    had a heart breaker against Moridin. we split the first 2 games. 3rd game I've got 20 life and he has 9. I have him pinned down with target assasin, had Sengir eating away at his life, had Dread out and some smaller monsters. Also had that card out that drains him of 1 life every time he draws a card. I still have Barghest in my hand and the Corrupt spell to drain his life. He's got nothing left in his hand and is relying on a upcoming good draw.

So I think I've got this thing all wrapped up for the win within the next turn. What happens........fucking freeze up when I go to attack him and we have to abandon the game. So we play a 4th match and he destroys me. grrrrrrrrrrrr

Anybody else have issues with the Dread card in the mono black deck? think when I sent that to the field is when we started seeing oddities.

truck-a-sauras on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Steam
    XBOX
    edited August 2009
    dread is bugged. he will destroy any source of damage that you take not just creatures (ive seen him destroy racks, underworld dreams, etc) so that could be the reason (i hope they hurry up with that patch)

pamagic18.jpg

Octobot on
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, the bugs are becoming significantly annoying. Apart from the occasional freezing I've had Rampant Growth, or whatever it's called, fail on me twice (play it, pick the land to come out and then nothing) and I've lost a match because an enemy creature without flying or reach was inexplicably able to block my flyer.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
    edited August 2009
    Octobot wrote: »
    dread is bugged. he will destroy any source of damage that you take not just creatures (ive seen him destroy racks, underworld dreams, etc) so that could be the reason (i hope they hurry up with that patch)

sad part was that I took no damage at all. the bugs happened when I was dealing damage. When I played dread and attacked him directly with Sengir he said he saw Sengir and something else of mine destroyed, but on my side of the table everything looked fine still, so next turn I went to attack with Sengir again as he had nothing to combat a flyer and then freeze-town.

I may have to consider pulling him out of my deck if I can't use him without freezing the game. not sure if I want to yet though, that's a tough one to swallow having to pull something that strong from the deck. might have to keep him on retainer as a ultra douche move. If playing him can prevent me a victory maybe I can play him when things are looking bad on my end and force a freeze :P

truck-a-sauras on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Steam
    XBOX
    edited August 2009
    kraterface wrote: »

I think I got a friend request from you and declined. I didn't know who Mad Eye Moody was. EVERYONE, IF YOU SEND ME A FRIEND REQUEST ON XBL, PLEASE LEAVE A MESSAGE STATING WHO YOU ARE. I GET ALOT OF RANDOM REQUESTS ON XBL AND DON'T BEFRIEND JUST ANYONE. THANK YOU.

yeah I know minor breach of etiquette there not attaching a message. If it is such an issue for you, dare I say it, you could be the one sending out requests also.

I get many random requests also. If I'm joining a forum tourny and know new people will be contacting me I'll at least check the thread first before I deny the request or even just send a message back saying "who are you?"

no need for and ALL CAPS fit about it.

truck-a-sauras on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Steam
    XBOX
    edited August 2009
    The blue mana symbol represents my tears.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status: