As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Baby, You Can Drive My Car

1585960616264»

• Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    There are so many worse things than those lights

I think they look good, and having faint lights while you drive isn't such a bad thing.

helps when parking, seeing your headlight reflection in their car

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited July 2009
    I'm hardly an enthusiast, but its stylish as fuck and definitely serves a purpose. Seeing one on the road was why I started researching this car in the first place!

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    this is what they look like in a good picture

2009_audi_a4-2.JPG

Unknown User on
  • Options
    ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    daytime running lights (though I'm not sure those are bright enough to qualifiy as DRLs, but they still draw attention) are never a bad thing

I mean it's a relatively conservative expression of style

we're not talking fart can/angry lawnmower honda exhaust or park bench spoilers on front wheel drive cars

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Well, they're advertized as DRLs so I don't know what else to call them.

Also every website I go to has people talking about dedicated ipods for their car that they just leave in there. Maaan, that totally defeats the purpose of me buying an iphone in the first place.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    robothero wrote: »
    Well, they're advertized as DRLs so I don't know what else to call them.

Also every website I go to has people talking about dedicated ipods for their car that they just leave in there. Maaan, that totally defeats the purpose of me buying an iphone in the first place.

well

most of those ipod interfaces I've come across don't work with iphones. it's really starting to piss me off, I'm about to try to find a cheap old mini or something to use

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Oh, I guess I'm kinda lucky then. It's nice because it works perfectly, and the bluetooth in the car pairs with my phone so I can just do hands free calling, but because it's in the glovebox I can't use the GPS functionality.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    daytime running lights are mandatory in new cars in canada and quite honestly i can't see how anyone could advocate against them. driving at dawn and dusk, the cars without them are a huge pain in the ass to see from a distance.

Angry on
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    considering i still see people driving at night without headlights, let alone in the rain, i think DRL's should be mandated here as well

Faricazy on
  • Options
    Wrench N RocketsWrench N Rockets Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So the US cash for clunkers is either a massive clusterfuck, or a spectacular success.

http://www.freep.com/article/20090730/BUSINESS01/90730081/Cash-for-clunkers-plan-suspended

Wrench N Rockets on
    sig_lambo.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    pontiacs used to have them standard

don't really see why they got away from it

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    So the US cash for clunkers is either a massive clusterfuck, or a spectacular success.

http://www.freep.com/article/20090730/BUSINESS01/90730081/Cash-for-clunkers-plan-suspended

well it sounds like if they used all the money for it, then the maximum amount of cars were taken off the road which I'm pretty sure was it's goal, along with providing an infusion of business into the new vehicle market

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    so one of my dad's buddies has an A6 on which the lease is running out, so he's looking for a new car

he stopped by his dealership to talk things over, since he's not crazy about getting another A6 and was looking at BMWs and whatnot

they offered him a CPO relatively low mileage S8 for apparently a very attractive price

i'm going to have words with him if he doesn't get it

magnificent car

Faricazy on
  • Options
    BearcatBearcat Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I am selling my American muscle car and buying a motorcycle, and a cheaper, more fuel efficient car.

No one can stop me, as I have rationalized to the extent no other man can.

If you find my posts inexplicably invisible, it is because they do not exist, and I have died in an amazing motorcycle wreck.

Bearcat on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Bearcat wrote: »
    I am selling my American muscle car and buying a motorcycle, and a cheaper, more fuel efficient car.

If you find my posts inexplicably invisible, it is because they do not exist, and I have died in an amazing motorcycle wreck.
    15p13.jpg

Faricazy on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009

are you the guy with the AMC eagle

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Wren wrote: »
    I'd design a car anyone can fix in their own garage, no matter the part. and the entire series of cars have interchangeable parts

Hello:

MorrisMinor222.jpg

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009

are you the guy with the AMC eagle

No that's me. I'm not THAT arrogant.

Viscountalpha on
This discussion has been closed.