As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WAR] Because CC Changes and Norden Watch Weekend Rule

1596061626365»

• DetharinDetharin Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The reason I am looking forward to 1.3.1 is after getting called out for reporting WAAAAGH was still broken in 1.3 by the lead QA someone told him to stop being a dick. Sadly the post was lost when they wiped the 1.3 test boards. Anyway he responded by saying WAAAAGH would be pushed to a later patch due to it requiring coder time to fix.

Which means, hopefully, they will finally be able to fix WAAAGH so that it benefits from its own debuff. Instead of currently "remove debuff, do damage, apply debuff" causing everyone else to get the benefit.

Sadly however noone has posted on the blorc forums, or really acknowledged blorc issues.

Detharin on
  • s3rial ones3rial one Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    [strike]So, I'm an old subscriber, looking to give the game another go. I've been inactive for more than 60 days; last time I played was around Christmas.

Anyone feel like hooking me up with that trial?[/strike]

EDIT: Got it. Thanks, Detharin.

s3rial one on
  • Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    People who bitch about the Live Event are being retarded. The top complaint about it seems to be that Mythic is one large entity that is only capable of doing one thing at a time. And that the one thing was creating the Live Event and not focusing on the class balance and a blah blah bloo bloo.

Not like the fucking event is mandatory and it's not like the people trying to do it are unkillable.

Mr.Sunshine on
  • DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Catapaults don't work like that. And yes, I know they do it in that Kevin Costner Robin Hood movie. And in Jabberwocky.

Siege towers, though, would be very, very useful. Especially since once defense reaches a critical mass, you simply can't get through.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • NevaNeva Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I think what would be really cool if they didn't make the lord's room in a keep really retarded. I don't understand why an army has to march up a tiny ramp that's in aggro range of the keep lord and guards, but also far enough away that it resets every time it looks at someone on the ramp. Plus it becomes pure luck if you actually make it up the ramp and not run off the railing-less as you chug along at 2 frames per second, trying to push your way through people that for some reason think it's a better idea to stand on the ramp in a concentrated group instead of just wiggling past the two tanks at the top.

Neva on
    SC2 Beta: Neva.ling

"Everyone who is capable of logical thought should be able to see why you shouldn't sell lifetime subscriptions to an MMO. Cell phone companies and drug dealers don't offer lifetime subscriptions either, guess why?" - Mugaaz
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Got a stupid question for you guys, is there a way to update the client for this game without having an active account?
    I recently received a card for this game, and thought I would come back for a bit. Seeing as how it's on a card, my subscription time is limited and I'd prefer to spend as little as possible of it watching a yellow bar fill up.

see317 on
  • DetharinDetharin Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    see317 wrote: »
    Got a stupid question for you guys, is there a way to update the client for this game without having an active account?
    I recently received a card for this game, and thought I would come back for a bit. Seeing as how it's on a card, my subscription time is limited and I'd prefer to spend as little as possible of it watching a yellow bar fill up.

Download the free trial, sign up under an assumed name, then activate your real account would be my best guess.

Detharin on
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    You know what I want?

Remove rams, catapults, etc. from vendors.

Put in a new trade skill for constructing siege weapons.

Make it so if you have something like 2-4 siegecrafters (I'm not an expert on balance, but you should need more than one) they can work together to construct a siege tower or ladder or something.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Jesus is this game dying or what? More server mergers? With 5 source servers?

Such a shame.

ghost_master2000 on
  • radishlawradishlaw Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

Such a shame.

They were the same servers as last time, but they now allow more than one destination servers as opposed a fixed transfer from last time.

But yeah, I know it's easy to get confused at this kind of thing.

radishlaw on
    edited August 2009
    radishlaw wrote: »

Such a shame.

They were the same servers as last time, but they now allow more than one destination servers as opposed a fixed transfer from last time.

But yeah, I know it's easy to get confused at this kind of thing.

Weird I thought there were only 3 source servers for the last set of transfers. I guess it's not so bad then.

ghost_master2000 on
  • Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    See if everyone was doing their part and recruiting 6 people like me...

:p

Lucky Cynic on
  • manjimanji Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    shouldn't you be knocking us up a new thread cynic? :p

finally gave up any pretence of dps on my BG and re-specced anguish/ loathing. the difference is stupifying. i'm now complicit in the deaths of endless healers with my pet mdps and soul killer spam and having no offensive moves worth speaking of i just sit on 100 hate, meaning terrifying foe gives me 1k toughness (not bad for a 37) and FoF drops my chance to be crit by a hefty 45%. all i need is 1 competent healer in group and i'm night unkillable. as an added bonus at 40 i'll be up the tactic which gives me +disrupt based on hate, meaning i'll be rolling with approx 45% most of the time. so much vengence to exact on BWs, so much vengence...

manji on
  • HiravaxisHiravaxis Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    manji wrote: »
    finally gave up any pretence of dps on my BG and re-specced anguish/ loathing. the difference is stupifying. i'm now complicit in the deaths of endless healers with my pet mdps and soul killer spam and having no offensive moves worth speaking of i just sit on 100 hate, meaning terrifying foe gives me 1k toughness (not bad for a 37) and FoF drops my chance to be crit by a hefty 45%. all i need is 1 competent healer in group and i'm night unkillable. as an added bonus at 40 i'll be up the tactic which gives me +disrupt based on hate, meaning i'll be rolling with approx 45% most of the time. so much vengence to exact on BWs, so much vengence...

WTF?!

Hiravaxis on
  • manjimanji Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Hiravaxis wrote: »

WTF?!

having trouble coping with the idea BGs aren't a complete waste of space? i soloed a sub-40 BW and SW in TM last night. they couldn't burn me down whilst i cc'd them and slowly killed them. i was as surprised as anyone...

manji on
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I told you!

In other news - there might be something of interest on the Herald today. I say might because they've been saying that for a few days now.

Also - the stuff I wrote that was picked apart by Radish had nothing to do with the Live Event - I was talking about other changes in the pipeline (though what we've tested of the Live Event, it's fun stuff).

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
    edited August 2009

WTF?!

having trouble coping with the idea BGs aren't a complete waste of space? i soloed a sub-40 BW and SW in TM last night. they couldn't burn me down whilst i cc'd them and slowly killed them. i was as surprised as anyone...

Seriously. I almost want to resub and roll a BG now after looking at their trees more. It's like all the complainers want to live forever and do mad DEEPS at the same time or something.

ghost_master2000 on
  • s3rial ones3rial one Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So how does the shaman fare these days?

I had a squig herder back when I last played. I enjoyed the class, but it was so full of bugs that maintaining a list of them, in hopes of getting them addressed, just sort of became depressing and I stopped playing.

I really liked the SH, but I'm not sure I want to level one again.

s3rial one on
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Squig Herders (in the right hands) can basically be godmode. Plus, standing inside your squig so you can't be targeted? You're a complete asshole. :P

With the changes to lifetap spells and whatnot in 1.3.0B, Shamans can do very well for themselves.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

WTF?!

Seriously. I almost want to resub and roll a BG now after looking at their trees more. It's like all the complainers want to live forever and do mad DEEPS at the same time or something.

That's generally what I've found a lot of tank complaints boil down to, yeah.

HappylilElf on
  • DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

WTF?!

That's generally what I've found a lot of tank complaints boil down to, yeah.

Chosen and Knights can do both pretty well. >.>

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Squig Herders (in the right hands) can basically be godmode. Plus, standing inside your squig so you can't be targeted? You're a complete asshole. :P

With the changes to lifetap spells and whatnot in 1.3.0B, Shamans can do very well for themselves.

I have a level 10 squiggy that runs around in Squig Armor constantly suckering Order into thinking I'm a foolish Squig Herder who wants to hand out free renown.

See I made some purple armor talismans so my armor rating is 1056 with my gas squig out. That gives me more armor than most tanks my level. I run around soloing Warrior Priests at the end of T1 because their self heal attacks aren't hitting me hard enough to keep them alive through my DPS :D

I do wish I had more than two abilities to use in Squig Armor but oh well it's still hilariously fun :P

HappylilElf on
  • eatmosushieatmosushi __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009

I have a level 10 squiggy that runs around in Squig Armor constantly suckering Order into thinking I'm a foolish Squig Herder who wants to hand out free renown.

See I made some purple armor talismans so my armor rating is 1056 with my gas squig out. That gives me more armor than most tanks my level. I run around soloing Warrior Priests at the end of T1 because their self heal attacks aren't hitting me hard enough to keep them alive through my DPS :D

I do wish I had more than two abilities to use in Squig Armor but oh well it's still hilariously fun :P

yeah i do the same thing with my SW in assault stance.

im all like

heeeeeeere choppa choppa.

eatmosushi on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Spun uncontrollably skyward... Driven brutally into the ground
    edited August 2009
    yeah i just get pissed at war because its such a fking good game that's bogged down by poor processer engine utilization thingamajiggies.

eatmosushi on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Spun uncontrollably skyward... Driven brutally into the ground
  • RedThornRedThorn Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

The best part is the order all focus fire him. I was just following him around killing people on my witch elf alt while happy tanked all the order.

RedThorn on
    League of Legends: Drokmir
    Steam: Drokmir
  • MelksterMelkster Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

You are ridiculous.

Also, see everyone? See what fun we're having in the first few levels? You people should get trial accounts and come play on Iron Rock.

Now.

Melkster on
  • HiravaxisHiravaxis Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Melkster wrote: »

You are ridiculous.

Also, see everyone? See what fun we're having in the first few levels? You people should get trial accounts and come play on Iron Rock.

Now.

As Destro.

Hiravaxis on
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009

Yeah, BGs arnt useless as long as they're the only target. The problem comes in when a BG is ignored and can't build enough hate to be worthwhile as a debuffer to make the targets focus on them.

CorriganX on
    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    CorriganX wrote: »

Yeah, BGs arnt useless as long as they're the only target. The problem comes in when a BG is ignored and can't build enough hate to be worthwhile as a debuffer to make the targets focus on them.

Solution: Invisibility spells for all?

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    New thread is up, sorry for the copy and paste of the OP, I still have not had enough time to really redo it completely. :(

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?p=11120994#post11120994

Lucky Cynic on
  • MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    A tank being ignored is a tank reducing everybodies damage by 30%!

Yay!

That's at least 15 seconds of free hate building up, because shit damn is that worth it. You are a fool if you don't think 30% is worth it.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
    edited August 2009
    rerolled blackguard on iron rock.

Whodoneit is his name.

I'll learn u gits how to tank

eatmosushi on