As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[D&D4E Info] Adventures on The Blind Swallow

• Burning OrganBurning Organ Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Okay.

If Zen doesn't show up I won't know who is going to be in charge.

We'll see if we can play.

Burning Organ on
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I nominate the ship its self.

Melding on
    edited August 2009
    Unfortunately your ship is not sentient.

Nor alive.

Burning Organ on
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'll be there.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
    edited August 2009
    Alright.

I will be limited to text chat only due to various reasons today.

Also we won't be able to start without shananiganeer.

Also shananiganeer I need you to send me a .zip or whatever of all the character tokens.

Burning Organ on
  • samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I have my token saved on my computer! I'm smart like that.

samurai6966 on
    edited August 2009
    Well I was going to do it last session but got disconnected when I was going to.

EDIT: I'm in vent waiting for peoples now.

Probably gonna wait for an hour or until we get 3-4 players.

Burning Organ on
    edited August 2009
    Are we going to open the game up to more players who will be here more often? Tommy doesn't have a character, Zen vulgarity, I believe, has never played, same with interrobang, Powerpuppies. That leaves us with me, Vagrant_Winds, Melding, and Shananiganeer. 4 people would be good, but that may not always be the case as we saw today. I say we let V make a new person (I'll miss Ren [Jabez: Not!]) and we open up for maybe two more. Have it open til Friday (There is a lot who are putting in for the Eternal PnP thread that might join) and give the ones who haven't shown up warnings about them not playing. If they don't show up for no good reason, then they are out.

samurai6966 on
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I let it be known near the beginning that I would be unavailable for awhile, and even offered to withdraw. I just got into my apartment in Colorado yesterday, and got internet today. I won't have any furniture until Wednesday, nor do I have my desktop computer or my microphone. I don't think it's unreasonable that I passed this morning. I understand if the DM wants to cut me, but honestly I don't appreciate your tone. This campaign has had issues getting off the ground, it's true, but the DM has had his own scheduling issues, problems with his connection, etc. I think everything will come together on its own eventually without you trying to set ironclad rules on your own initiative and kick people out if they don't follow them.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Personally, I really want to play, I have my character and everything written down, I just have yet to have an open weekend. However, as soon as I get home from my last vacation this summer, I'll have plenty of time to play.

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited August 2009
    I normally have no life but lately things have been coming up. Hopefully things settle down but i also tend to give at least 24 hour notice.

Melding on
    edited August 2009
    I didn't mean to cause alarm as I too was almost a no-show this morning. But it was three of us and you hadn't shown up ever PP. However, I'm not the guy who says "YOU PLAY" and "YOU DON'T PLAY!" I was just wondering if we were. There was talk on vent today about maybe opening the game up to possible recruiting. I didn't know if we would or not.

samurai6966 on
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Fair enough. I probably read more into your post than you actually put there. I should be able to play next week.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
    edited August 2009
    Can you post your character Tommy2Hands?

samurai6966 on
    edited August 2009
    I can't from my iPod, but as I said, I will do so asap when I get back

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited August 2009
    Well for one thing we've only had two sessions, and I'm not cutting people for missing two sessions.

So we're not dropping people quite yet. (Also, powerpuppies I had totally forgot about that and I apologize for it)

Kind of hoping to get this going more regularly than it already is.

Burning Organ on
    edited August 2009
    I'm cool if we use more then 5 sunday (sessions). Sorry Burning for causing any problems. But please people show up more. It would be awesome if we had everyone.

samurai6966 on
    edited August 2009
    It's alright.
    We'll see how many people keep showing up.

Burning Organ on
    edited August 2009
    Alright, Zen just dropped out of the game, so if any one knows someone who wants to join, eh.

I'm going to update the OP with the new ship and and crew sometime whenever.

Burning Organ on
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Well, I'm ditching the Warlock and creating a new, better built, character. I want the group's opinions on what they'd rather have:

Invoker (or Invoker Hybrid) Controller - We don't have one in the party.
    Paladin - A 2nd Defender to hold the line for a large group (our Warden has dropped out).

A Widard|Swordmage Hybrid Controller/Defender is another option, but I'm moreso looking at the first two.

Edit Questions:

1. Are Dragonmark feats allowed with reflavoring? The mechanical benefits of them are shall we say... very tempting and open up a decent number of builds.

2. What's the Pantheon? Core only? Homebrew added? Can the player make up Gods (or Dead ones)?

vagrant_winds on
    edited August 2009
    I'm more for the Invoker. I know you want too......

samurai6966 on
    edited August 2009
    1: I'm honestly not sure what that even is. If it's just standard feats with other flavour then sure. I odn't really have all the books myself.

2: I guess you can make up your own god, but nothing too ridiculous. Or weird. I mean you won't get to make a sex goddess that tells you to hump everyone or something equally stupid.

Burning Organ on
  • SkyCaptainSkyCaptain IndianaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    http://ddiwiki.wikidot.com

A wiki "full" of monsters if anyone is interested in contributing. My roomate and I are helping add monsters to it. More people would be great though.

SkyCaptain on
    The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition
    edited August 2009
    1: I'm honestly not sure what that even is. If it's just standard feats with other flavour then sure. I odn't really have all the books myself.

2: I guess you can make up your own god, but nothing too ridiculous. Or weird. I mean you won't get to make a sex goddess that tells you to hump everyone or something equally stupid.

But she's the best kind of god.

samurai6966 on
    edited August 2009
    Look, what kind of a joint do you think I'm running?

I only allow gods of vengeance or similar gods.

Burning Organ on
    edited August 2009
    What about a sex god that wants lesbians to rule the world and wants men dead and/or enslaved?

samurai6966 on
    edited August 2009
    I put down that my guy worships the God of Rock

My God could beat up all your Gods

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited August 2009
    I took your god's lunch money regularly when we were kids.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
    edited August 2009
    Been busy, but working on my Githzerai Invoker now. =X

It's so hard to decide between thunder-based close/mid ranged "push enemies around like ping pong balls" or radiant-based mid/long ranged AoE tactical nuke.

The later is more damage and at high levels would be crit-heavy and granting combat advantage; the former is lots more control and could potentially fling enemies overboard during ship fights.

vagrant_winds on
    edited August 2009
    Bad news.

As you may or may not know, I am moving to another place this Saturday with two other guys. Now since I was the one who arranged for the flat, the washingmachine and the microwave I put the others in charge of internet and electricity.

Anyway, to make this short I won't have internet for two weeks/ a month.
    Or something.
    He was pretty unclear about that.

If anyone wants to jump out because it's been going kind of slow I'll understand, since this is going to delay us just a bit more. I will try to tell you as early as possible when I get my internet back.

Burning Organ on
    edited August 2009
    Oh Nos, We can't have you go! I'm staying. Jabez is staying. I can wait. Ive got PbP games I'm hoping to get in while I wait.

samurai6966 on
    edited August 2009
    I'm stayin' for sure

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited August 2009
    Honestly, I want to stay, but you have to put me as a maybe, my real life group might be moving dates around and stuff. Real life group takes priority and with Zen gone, im not sure who to make captain.

Melding on
  • ShananiganeerShananiganeer Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'll be staying.

Shananiganeer on
    edited August 2009
    I'm afraid I can't keep running the game any more due to time restrictions et cetera.

I thought I had more time, but it turns out I didn't.

Burning Organ on
    edited August 2009
    That's a bummer. It was a cool idea though!

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
    edited August 2009
    Dang

Oh well, it would have been cool, I'm sure!

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, I would start it again after school, but after school I'm going to the army, so :- (

Burning Organ on
  • ShananiganeerShananiganeer Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Damn, well too bad this was shaping up to be pretty fun.

Shananiganeer on
    edited August 2009
    :(

Damn.

vagrant_winds on