As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

A [Chat] Between Hitler and Anne Frank

• NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Is HamHamJ trying to be a troll in the Automata thread?

I can't remember him ever being that annoyingly obtuse before.

Nocturne on
  • thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Finish the fucking story man! What happened? What about the glands?

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Nocturne wrote: »

He just feels the need to remind everyone his biased opinion hasn't changed, repeatedly with nothing new to say.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited August 2009
    Preacher wrote: »

He just feels the need to remind everyone his biased opinion hasn't changed, repeatedly with nothing new to say.

it was kinda crappy and thin. that that is my objective and 100% correct opinion.

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
    edited August 2009
    Holy shit he's trying to represent his opinion as objective fact. Jesus thats a whole new bottle of stupid.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited August 2009
    it was kinda crappy and thin. that that is my objective and 100% correct opinion.

I disagree, I felt it was a good character piece that alluded to a potential larger story. I don't need to know everything, though at times I prefer short stories than novels.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited August 2009

I disagree, I felt it was a good character piece that alluded to a potential larger story. I don't need to know everything, though at times I prefer short stories than novels.

I like a little tease, but as has been mentioned... the action was choppy and the storytelling was overly vague. Fact. A little more text would have gone a long way. My complaints are all in the execution, I find no fault with the tantalizing little scrap of story we got. I want more, but I want it better.

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
    edited August 2009
    You wanted more tell in your show, I can see that, I thought the implication was better than something outright stated, only thing I had trouble understanding was the 5th comic, but a little clarification and it was easy to follow.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited August 2009
    You wanted more tell in your show, I can see that, I thought the implication was better than something outright stated, only thing I had trouble understanding was the 5th comic, but a little clarification and it was easy to follow.

This.

I preferred less text, and more inferring on the part of the reader. When being limited to five pages, I actually think that creates even more story.

Nocturne on
    edited August 2009

No doubt. It is probably a bit much to ask for more polish in the quickly assembled web-comic format.

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    ...Dammit, I still don't really know how to meet people.

yalborap on
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Wow Gabe gave a shout out to Lexapro. As I've said before, that stuff is a magic bullet. Not nearly as mean and nasty as other SSRI's, and it just renders anxiety in your body neutral.

Ludious on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Wasn't HamHamJ the one arguing in a philosophy thread a while back that you can empirically deduce optimum/preferred ethical/moral positions?

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • fjafjanfjafjan Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    mrflippy wrote: »
    fjafjan wrote: »
    It was pretty disgusting and I didn't want to give all the details. So you know, I figured saying "being killed etc" would be ENOUGH for the people who saw it.

The phrasing made it sound like it was not an instant thing but more over a period of time.

Which is exactly the case. Spoilered for aweful
    Basically she gets tortured, mutilated, raped, thrown in a garbage can, etc etc. By her dad. And it's drawn in a cute anime style

fjafjan on
    Yepp, THE Fjafjan (who's THE fjafjan?)
    - "Proving once again the deadliest animal of all ... is the Zoo Keeper" - Philip J Fry
    edited August 2009
    yalborap wrote: »

slip them ambien, and the ladies jump all over you, shattering traditional gender roles and unleashing the dawn of a new era of male/female nasty bumping.
    this is not genuine advice, and should not be construed as such

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    fjafjan I'm pretty sure that's not the kind of media we even talk about here. At least I don't want it to be.

Ludious on
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Holy shit he's trying to represent his opinion as objective fact. Jesus thats a whole new bottle of stupid.

Stupid yes. But, alas, not at all new for HamHamJ.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
    edited August 2009
    It was pretty disgusting and I didn't want to give all the details. So you know, I figured saying "being killed etc" would be ENOUGH for the people who saw it.

The phrasing made it sound like it was not an instant thing but more over a period of time.

Basically she gets tortured, mutilated, raped, thrown in a garbage can, etc etc. By her dad. And it's drawn in a cute anime style

What about the glands?

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
    edited August 2009
    yalborap wrote: »

lexapro_logo.gif

Ludious on
    edited August 2009

What about the glands?

The glands are made itchy but not allowed to itch. Then they die too.

fjafjan on
    - "Proving once again the deadliest animal of all ... is the Zoo Keeper" - Philip J Fry
    edited August 2009
    Ludious wrote: »
    fjafjan I'm pretty sure that's not the kind of media we even talk about here. At least I don't want it to be.

even if everyone here (or anyone here) knew what he was talking about, it usually takes 10 or so pages to get a straight answer.

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
    edited August 2009

It wasn't the source of discussion, but it came up and was linked (though obviously with warnings etc). In part because the artist really can DRAW, just is a psycho.

fjafjan on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Answer my mismatched RAM question in H/A, assholes.

Thanatos on
    edited August 2009
    Wasn't that a comic drawn by a scary potential pedophile? I think I remember it from the justininsane touches little kids comic thread.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Wasn't that a comic drawn by a scary potential pedophile? I think I remember it from the justininsane touches little kids comic thread.
    Wait, are we talking about bleedman? He did the "Grim Tales" webcomic, and he's got a pretty extensively graphic encyclopedia dramatica page.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
    edited August 2009
    Thanatos wrote: »

I won't answer in H/A because my hatred for Pheezer transcends time and space. And also, H/A, ew.

But basically, if the RAM is the same type but different sizes it SHOULD work. However, if your motherboard supports dual channel, you're going to lose that speed boost with different sizes.

Some older mobos have to have 2 sticks of the same size, however.

That being said, no matter what, you won't blow up your computer. It will either register the RAM or it won't.

It may register SOME of the RAM.

But it will not fry your pc.

Ludious on
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Holy shit there's this guy at work that literally says "nah I'm just...kidding" after everything he says.

"I'm going to drive the van through the window and eat piranhas while juggling bottles of liquor.... IM JUST KIDDING AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA"

REALLY!? I thought you were going to do it!

urahonky on
    edited August 2009
    I wouldn't worry until it becomes "I'm going to kill your cat and wear his tail as a bracelet! HAHAHAHA JUST KIDDING", honky.

Ludious on
    edited August 2009
    Wait, are we talking about bleedman? He did the "Grim Tales" webcomic, and he's got a pretty extensively graphic encyclopedia dramatica page.

I understood the subject matter to be less about pederasty, rather it was of a more sadistic nature. This might just be my own bias shining through.

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Thanatos wrote: »

I did, give me a cookie.

Dunadan019 on
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I wouldn't worry until it becomes "I'm going to kill your cat and wear his tail as a bracelet! HAHAHAHA JUST KIDDING", honky.

He's said stuff like: "Yeahhh... You're going to come in the building shooting everyone aren't you? HAHAHAH IM JUST KIDDING... But seriously don't shoot me."

urahonky on
  • wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I need to be better at preventative car maintenance so I don't blow $300 the day before I go on vacation.

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    urahonky wrote: »

He's said stuff like: "Yeahhh... You're going to come in the building shooting everyone aren't you? HAHAHAH IM JUST KIDDING... But seriously don't shoot me."
    So he's Bender from Futurama.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

That's Flexo

nexuscrawler on
    edited August 2009
    Honky's new name is Honky-McHonktoad

Dunadan019 on
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009
    Yey. Project on which I have been working since 2008 is complete. Yey.

_J_ on
    edited August 2009

That's Flexo
    Only if he has a goatee.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
    edited August 2009
    I got a little gift for my best friend before he leaves for the Army and it arrived today!

Nocturne on
    edited August 2009
    watch?v=flMS2gHFOH0

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
    edited August 2009
    I got a little gift for my best friend before he leaves for the Army and it arrived today!

was it anal lube?

Dunadan019 on
This discussion has been closed.