As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Drugs and [CHAT]sturbation

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »

It's weird, but our Greek are Spaniards.

Spaniards? Are they played by australians?

No one will get this joke.

It tickles my memory, but no, I don't get it.

Think of the precursor to 300.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

It's actually DMCA: DVD Copying Software is Illegal.

In her ruling she notes that while you have a right to make a copy, the DMCA says it's illegal to write, distribute, or use software that makes copies, and that yes this is basically retarded, but talk to Congress.

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

It's weird, but our Greek are Spaniards.

Spaniards? Are they played by australians?

No one will get this joke.

It tickles my memory, but no, I don't get it.

Think of the precursor to 300.

299?

*badum tish*

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

299?

*badum tish*

I feel like Barbosa after Johnny Depp stabs him.

Gladiator! Russel Crowe is called the Spaniard.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    haha oh man my coworkers were all in a tizzy about the Microsoft/Nokia press conference yesterday, speculating about zune phones and shit

turns out it's Sharepoint for Symbian

how terribly exciting

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Senjutsu wrote: »

In her ruling she notes that while you have a right to make a copy, the DMCA says it's illegal to write, distribute, or use software that makes copies, and that yes this is basically retarded, but talk to Congress.

My first thought was whether it was illegal for me to install games or programs off of DVDs that I bought, but I guess the DMCA doesn't really apply in those cases.

mrflippy on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

OK, well... Now it makes sense.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2009
    so I guess AMC is making a series of The Walking Dead. I hope its better than the actual comic. Eh, who am I kidding? I never watch AMC anyway.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

OK, well... Now it makes sense.

I knew no one would get it, but I did the joke anyway. It's ok without gooey around most of you guys don't want testorerone flicks. It's all james joyce and nora ephron.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

299?

*badum tish*

Ah! Nice one.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    mrflippy wrote: »

My first thought was whether it was illegal for me to install games or programs off of DVDs that I bought. (The law seems to only apply for entire images, but I wouldn't put it past them...)

that's basically covered by the license they give you with the game. Elldred v Ashcroft basically affirmed that you need a license just to haul bits that someone has the copyright to off the platter and into RAM for execution

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    WTF is this? And am I automatically awful if I kinda dig the beat?

watch?v=PgRAgJI7aoc

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, I rethought things immediately after I posted.

mrflippy on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Ah! Nice one.

I need to talk to Sam Raimi and Russel Crowe and get The Quick and the Dead 2 made god damn it. 3:10 to Yuma was kind of like a prequel, but I want bad ass Russel Crowe shooting up entire towns. Sharon Stone can stay whereever she is.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    so I guess AMC is making a series of The Walking Dead. I hope its better than the actual comic. Eh, who am I kidding? I never watch AMC anyway.

Mad Men is stylish as fuck

a zombie show that drips atmosphere like MM would be great

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    elldred v ashcroft was so retarded

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    mrflippy wrote: »

My first thought was whether it was illegal for me to install games or programs off of DVDs that I bought. (The law seems to only apply for entire images, but I wouldn't put it past them...)

that's basically covered by the license they give you with the game. Elldred v Ashcroft basically affirmed that you need a license just to haul bits that someone has the copyright to off the platter and into RAM for execution

Actually now I'm really tempted to release a game or application with a license that prohibits installing or running it and see what happens.

mrflippy on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    So it's safe to say most lawmakers have cock-fucking-zero knowledge and understanding of technology. (whatever the fuck that means, it's just what came to mind)

And Senj, I smile every time I read your sig. Sometimes I chuckle.

That's a compliment.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    JK how is the kitty?

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Wow I missed the follow up to the monday conversation. Though I'm not stupid enough to enter the thread on this forum, for the wailing can be heard all the way over here.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Back in the Middle Ages in England ‘apple’ used to be a catch-all word for any fruit. Hence when oranges first appeared, they were sometimes known as ‘golden apples’ (and are still called Chinese apples in Dutch and German). Why not ‘orange apples’? Um, because the colour orange (first recorded use 1542) derives from the fruit, rather than the other way round. What did the English call orange things before that? Geoluhread (yellow-red), naturally.

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    JK how is the kitty?

Much better, thanks for asking. We started him back on eating wet food, and he actually ate a little, but only a little. And that's how it's been for the past couple days. He reacts much better to attention, too, though he still hides most of the day.

We'll just have to see.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So wait wouldn't that ruling make both OSX and windows illegal since they can create and burn DVD images?

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Wow I missed the follow up to the monday conversation. Though I'm not stupid enough to enter the thread on this forum, for the wailing can be heard all the way over here.

I'm kind of apprehensive myself to enter the thread.

Can't we all just agree there are good natured, nervous people as well as predatory douches on both sides of the gender line?

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    So wait wouldn't that ruling make both OSX and windows illegal since they can create and burn DVD images?

You're allowed to make copy of things you made personally, of course.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

I'm kind of apprehensive myself to enter the thread.

Can't we all just agree there are good natured, nervous people as well as predatory douches on both sides of the gender line?

Yeah I think thats a safe assumption. I also think a safe assumption is that a lot of the males in the gaming hobby are bad with women. Not just in dating but in interaction in general.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I don't get today's comic

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Back in the Middle Ages in England ‘apple’ used to be a catch-all word for any fruit. Hence when oranges first appeared, they were sometimes known as ‘golden apples’ (and are still called Chinese apples in Dutch and German). Why not ‘orange apples’? Um, because the colour orange (first recorded use 1542) derives from the fruit, rather than the other way round. What did the English call orange things before that? Geoluhread (yellow-red), naturally.

Wow. Forget 'fellatios'. That's the coolest thing I've learned all day.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Tycho is a vampire now, how can this confuse you?

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Tycho is a vampire now, how can this confuse you?

Simply in the stead of a typical "Five Months later" sign, they went with "Oh I'm a vampire now and it's been five months."

Because why the fuck not?

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    hahahaha
    emnmnme wrote: »
    You say Republicans are peddling misinformation and exaggeration. Didn't Democrats do the same thing with the Patriot Act? Bush is gonna tap my phones without a warrant! Chaos!!

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    hahahaha
    You say Republicans are peddling misinformation and exaggeration. Didn't Democrats do the same thing with the Patriot Act? Bush is gonna tap my phones without a warrant! Chaos!!

Yeah its like when those dumbocrats said that Bush would start unwinnable wars that would kill over 3000 soldiers and have us tied up in the middle east till the end of time.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    hahahaha

To be an obnoxious buzzkill, his basic point isn't... it isn't totally wrong.

Just kind of wrong, and of course his actual, given example is completely wrong.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    hahahaha

To be an obnoxious buzzkill, his basic point isn't... it isn't totally wrong.

Just kind of wrong, and of course his actual, given example is completely wrong.

The only thing the right gets correct in their misinformation is Obama's name.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    yes

I am laughing at the example

because, of course, they did tap our phones without a warrant

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yeah I think thats a safe assumption. I also think a safe assumption is that a lot of the males in the gaming hobby are bad with women. Not just in dating but in interaction in general.

Yes, especially as gaming tends to be associated with habits or features that promote a poor body image and general sense of low self-esteem.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    To protect us skippy! Jeez do you want the terrorists to win? You can't judge past presidents, but you can judge current liberal surrender monkey presidents!

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Incenjucar wrote: »

Yes, especially as gaming tends to be associated with habits or features that promote a poor body image and general sense of low self-esteem.

Also with the advent and explosion of online gaming, social interaction for a lot of our fellow gamers is severly stunted. I wonder if any psychologist has done a study on MMO and Online shooter gamers to see if they have better or worse social skills compared to their peers. Though that would be difficult to find a control group.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I honestly don't know how if MMOs are better or worse.

Back in the days of multiplayer in front of the same TV, I just ended up playing alone, whereas MMOs have gotten me sixty-nines with hot chicks, and ultimately fun times at PAX with you guys.

It does, however, promote horrible horrible long-distance issues.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    I honestly don't know how if MMOs are better or worse.

Back in the days of multiplayer in front of the same TV, I just ended up playing alone, whereas MMOs have gotten me sixty-nines with hot chicks, and ultimately fun times at PAX with you guys.

It does, however, promote horrible horrible long-distance issues.
    Wait, so, you have virtual sex with online "girls", then have "fun times" when you're around guys in person?

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
This discussion has been closed.