As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

BORDERLANDS: It's a street walking cheetah with a heart full of napalm! [NSF56K]

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Also used for Army of Two's ending.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    MugenmidgetMugenmidget Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Renzo wrote: »
    Decided I'm going 360 for this, at least at first. More people to co-op with.
    I wish I had a choice, my PC is shit!

Mugenmidget on
    e3ORbfq.png
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I tend to play nearly 99.9% of all FPS games on the PC and this one will be no exception.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Is that seriously the boxart

Please please please

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yes, it is.

Arrath on
  • Options
    nonplussednonplussed Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Throwing my hat in for another 360 purchaser.

nonplussed on
    Xbox GT: namplussed
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yessssssssssssss

This game's gon be tits

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    SqSq Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    It'll be a PC purchase for me... I want to get all the eventual mods (and be first to get fixes & updates). ;)

Any word on what the server side of the game is going to look like? Is it Diablo 2 style with characters stored on the realm, or is there a dedicated server/host to give the world some persistence?

Sq on
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'll definitely be running this on Pooky. No way I would subject myself to the tender mercies of a control stick.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    fsmith1fsmith1 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Welp, looks like I'm picking this up first day. FPS + loot + co-op = savage addiction for me. I *still* play CoD4, and with MW2 coming out not far apart from this my addiction will be split.

fsmith1 on
  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Sq wrote: »
    It'll be a PC purchase for me... I want to get all the eventual mods (and be first to get fixes & updates). ;)

Any word on what the server side of the game is going to look like? Is it Diablo 2 style with characters stored on the realm, or is there a dedicated server/host to give the world some persistence?

No word yet on the server situation I'm afraid, though I'm sure client hosting will be one of the primary ways to play (considering this game supports LAN play). As for character storage, I'm guessing they'll be stored locally, since you can take your character straight from single-player to online co-op mode (and again can play in offline LAN mode)

Also, in case anyone is wondering, there will be no tether in the game. So no worries about being pulled away from your fight because your teammate wandered off too far :P

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    Nick TNick T Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I have never played a Diablo but I am incredibly pumped for this game. Preordering will commence shortly for the 360 version.

Nick T on
    PSN: ConvicNic
  • Options
    devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yay, I can play on either PC or 360. I will probably go with PC to begin with.

devoir on
  • Options
    fmz65fmz65 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So it's looking like when I do pick up this game I'll be the sole PS3 user :(

fmz65 on
    daleyk.png
  • Options
    VerrVerr Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Oh boy. PC user here, I was a bit worried about it.

Then I see shit like the cover art. Also, the dancing box-robot is the most ridiculously awesome thing ever.

Verr on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    fmz65 wrote: »
    So it's looking like when I do pick up this game I'll be the sole PS3 user :(
    There will probably be a few others, especially if that cheaper PS3 slim finally shows up. Or just find some IRL friends and play some split-screen :^:

CarbonFire on
  • Options
    VanderbrentVanderbrent Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Wow, this game looks awesome, but I can't decide to get this game on the PC or my PS3. I'm leaning towards the PS3, as i would be able to play split screen with my brother.

Vanderbrent on
  • Options
    corin7corin7 San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Nick T wrote: »
    I have never played a Diablo but I am incredibly pumped for this game. Preordering will commence shortly for the 360 version.

Wha ... what? Go buy diablo 2 immediatly... good lord you have missed out on one of the best games of all time.

corin7 on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    corin7 wrote: »

Wha ... what? Go buy diablo 2 immediatly... good lord you have missed out on one of the best games of all time.

I too never really played Diablo 2. Played it with friends at LAN parties, but never got around to buying my own copy. And now that Diablo 3 is coming out, feels like I might as well wait. Especially since Borderlands is right around the corner to fulfill my loot-whoring needs :mrgreen:

CarbonFire on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    So, here's a bit of a rework of that earlier logo:

borderwangsnew640.jpg

Still not completely married to the name for the group, but I haven't heard any better suggestions yet.

CarbonFire on
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Nice!

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    Ethan SmithEthan Smith Origin name: Beart4to Arlington, VARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    wangerlands?

Ethan Smith on
  • Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Boredwangland.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Wangs Without Borders

fsmith1 on
  • Options
    corin7corin7 San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    CarbonFire wrote: »

I too never really played Diablo 2. Played it with friends at LAN parties, but never got around to buying my own copy. And now that Diablo 3 is coming out, feels like I might as well wait. Especially since Borderlands is right around the corner to fulfill my loot-whoring needs :mrgreen:

Diablo 3 won't be out until 2011 or maybe even 12, this is Blizzard we are talking about.

corin7 on
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    fsmith1 wrote: »
    Wangs Without Borders

the best. :^:

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Wangs Without Borders is best.

I throw in Wangland: The Bordering for second best. Ok, maybe third best.

Alegis on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009

Diablo 3 won't be out until 2011 or maybe even 12, this is Blizzard we are talking about.

This.

Seriously, go get D2. Even if we're all the sudden living in bizzaro world and D3 comes out next year you'd still be doing yourself a favor.

Just enjoy it for what it is, maybe run with some PA homps, but unless you want to get really sick of it really quick don't get rushed through to the harder difficulties simply for loot reasons.

I mean, after you've played through good and hard at least once, seeing everything and doing everything, go ahead (and you'll want to for extra skill points anyway), feel free to hop ahead, but limit yourself. Meph/Baal runs for hours on end does not fall under any definition of fun, even for a loot generator like D2.

Also, I would suspect Borderlands, even if it is amazing won't quite satisfy the clickityclickclick desires of your heart, as it'll likely be more like Phallout Star Online than Diablo.

Not that that's bad, but not really the same feel at all.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Alegis wrote: »

I throw in Wangland: The Bordering for second best. Ok, maybe third best.

Best White Wolf game ever? I think so.

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • Options
    Nick TNick T Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

This.

Seriously, go get D2. Even if we're all the sudden living in bizzaro world and D3 comes out next year you'd still be doing yourself a favor.

Just enjoy it for what it is, maybe run with some PA homps, but unless you want to get really sick of it really quick don't get rushed through to the harder difficulties simply for loot reasons.

I mean, after you've played through good and hard at least once, seeing everything and doing everything, go ahead (and you'll want to for extra skill points anyway), feel free to hop ahead, but limit yourself. Meph/Baal runs for hours on end does not fall under any definition of fun, even for a loot generator like D2.

Also, I would suspect Borderlands, even if it is amazing won't quite satisfy the clickityclickclick desires of your heart, as it'll likely be more like Phallout Star Online than Diablo.

Not that that's bad, but not really the same feel at all.

See the problem is I've never been a PC gamer. My computer now is only used for the likes of Plants vs Zombies and Peggle. I'm fairly certain my computer could handle Diablo 2, but then again I know shit about specs etc. I enjoy the fact I can remain as dumb as possible about everything PC related and just enjoy buying a game and popping it in a console. Never played a Fallout until 3 and I enjoyed the hell out of that and I'm hoping the same holds true for Borderlands.

Nick T on
    PSN: ConvicNic
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    You can run D2 on anything. Keep in mind the game is like 8 years old now.

hell, its one of the favorite go-to games for friends I have with netbooks, because it requires like zero power.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Wangs Sans Frontieres?
    Classier this way.

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    LordOfTheCheeseLordOfTheCheese BF3: Scyleric Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Nothing is going to stop me from getting this game. A boarderwangs gang running around looting bandits!

LordOfTheCheese on
  • Options
    TrevorTrevor Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Wangerlands: Plausibility can eat wangs and die.

Trevor on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I dunno, I think Wangs Without Borders has a ring to it. I just looked up a few different translations to other roman character languages and none of them have quite the same feel.

fsmith1 on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Wangs Without Borders takes the cake and eats it, I think.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Every Wanger<thing> suggestion I see I just read Numberwang from Mitchell and Webb. Well, I see Wangernumb, which was one of the Numberwang specials.

Anyway what is this naming thing for anyway? Just because? I don't see anything about "guilds" in the game.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    edited August 2009
    Steam Group, yo.

And Penny Arcade identity!

We can't be without a name.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Ah.

Man, I was thinking of getting this for the 360, but seeing as it's based on the UE3 engine and my system for some bizarre reason runs UE3 flawlessly, maybe I'll go PC.

I just don't know.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Borderwangs is the catchiest, but Wangs Without Borders is probably the most clever

Decisions!

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
This discussion has been closed.