As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Magical Mystery Tour 2009 - SCHEDULE AND VERY IMPORTANT INFO!

• VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    <3 BA, no worries! =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Well, we do have the Pre-Pax Dinner afterwards and I'm sure a lot of people from the tour will be heading over there.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • orbdeporbdep Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Cronus wrote: »
    Well, we do have the Pre-Pax Dinner afterwards and I'm sure a lot of people from the tour will be heading over there.

that's sure my plan!

orbdep on
    Nursery Rhymes are Creepy
  • WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yeah no worries BA, I'm in the same boat. I'll just be showing up for the CCST meetup and then go for lunch.

Wormdundee on
  • Frightfully EnglishFrightfully English Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Aaaargh, just seen that emails have been sent out and I haven't received anything, and then seen that I was meant to let you know that by today!!!

Hope I haven't missed the boat on this one, I signed up back in May and thought nothing else of it!

Aaargh!

Frightfully English on
  • MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    *hugs BA and FrightfullyEnglish* Frightfully, you're all taken care of, and BA, you are welcome to join us at any point at any time!!!! :P I'm sure everyone will meander off somewhere to do something (Westlake Center for food or Gameworks or something) after the CCST meetup, if you want to hang out then! :D

MetaverseNomad on
    edited August 2009
    and also....

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHH Time is running out!!!!!! I'm going to start making group reservations this afternoon, and while it won't be TOO LATE to sign up, it will make it sooo much more difficult for eye-shuh and I, and the tour operators.

So PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE Respond to the email I sent out, or let me know ASAP if you didn't get an email. OR, If you're just looking at this thread now and want to join up, REGISTER HERE or PM me so that I can add you. We still need more people!!!!!

MetaverseNomad on
  • eye-shuheye-shuh Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    and also....

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHH Time is running out!!!!!! I'm going to start making group reservations this afternoon, and while it won't be TOO LATE to sign up, it will make it sooo much more difficult for eye-shuh and I, and the tour operators.

So PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE Respond to the email I sent out, or let me know ASAP if you didn't get an email. OR, If you're just looking at this thread now and want to join up, REGISTER HERE or PM me so that I can add you. We still need more people!!!!!

DO IT. DO IT NOW. DON'T MAKE THE OMEGABAT COME FOR YOU.

eye-shuh on
    edited August 2009
    Ok, I've got some schedule revisions and updated transportation info's here!

I sent this all out in an email to everyone, i'll post it here too:

For TRANSPORTATION!
    Some deals went south, some people had their kneecaps busted, the end result is, I had to revise the schedule and we're going to hire a bus for one day only. It was far too expensive otherwise, and we don't have high enough numbers to keep the costs down. So instead of charging you some pretty hefty charter bus ticket costs, we switched some things around to make it cheaper.

Now, bus passes are set and fixed at $27 per person, which is less than they would have been otherwise. You will only have to buy a ticket if you will be attending the tour BOTH DAYS or WEDNESDAY ONLY. Those of you who will only be around for Thursday or part of Thursday won't be participating in our very own PAX-version of Speed, and the tradeoff is that you won't have to get a bus ticket.

For everyone else, please, please check your email and follow the link to eye-shuh's paypal bus ticket site and purchase a ticket. We really need everyone to get their tickets before this SUNDAY, August 23rd, before NOON (or the cowboys will come'a shootin, or something..) so that eye-shuh can make the deal.

If you are fundamentally unable to buy a ticket before this SUNDAY, August 23rd at NOON please email or PM me or eye-shuh immediately.

Thank you all so much for being so supportive and wonderful, I'm so excited things are going as smoothly as they are so far!

MetaverseNomad on
    edited August 2009
    sorry for the double post, here is the revised schedule:

Here is the new schedule revision:

WEDNESDAY
    9:00 AM – meet at Pike Place (we can go get donuts!)
    9:15-11:00 - Seattle Aquarium
    Ride waterfront streetcar to Pioneer Square (we'll be catching up with the bus after the Underground Tour)
    Noon-1:30 - Underground Tour (tours start at 10 am, 90 min long)
    1:30 – 2:30 - Get lunch at Essential Bakery , lunch at GasWorks
    2:30 – 3:00 - Look around Fremont, visit the imprisoned Fremont Troll
    3:00 – 4:00 - Ballard Locks
    4:00 – 5:00 – Archie McPhees and Trophy Cupcakes
    5:00 - ??? – Back to Downtown

THURSDAY
    9:00 AM – Meet downtown somewhere, take monorail to Seattle Center
    9:30 AM – 12:30 PM – EMP and Sci-Fi Museum
    1:00 PM +/- -- Meet up with CCST at WSCTC (for whoever wants to go, otherwise can stay at EMP)
    LUNCH at Westlake center – before or after CCST meetup, time-dependent
    After lunch: optional, self-coordinated trip to MOHAI for those who want to go.

MetaverseNomad on
  • DMmagicDMmagic PAX East Enforcer Springfield, MO, USARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    DMmagic on
  • BerylliumBeryllium Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm busy the rest of the day, but I might have to crash Trophy Cupcakes to see y'all. :winky:

Beryllium on
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The OP has been updated... Nomad, you rock so much! Thank you for your Fearless Leadership! =)

Everyone, please respond to Nomad's E-Mail if you haven't already, and check the schedule and transportation information right now! Yes, NOW! =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
    edited August 2009
    Thanks for the reminder, VT. I kept forgetting to pay :-\ Paypal get!

Aaand done :-) Thanks to Nomad and eye-shuh!

DMmagic on
  • Frightfully EnglishFrightfully English Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I've paid! Spend my hard-earned cash wisely! :P

Frightfully English on
    edited August 2009
    DMmagic wrote: »

What? were the FIVE HUNDRED emails not enough?!?!!??

Do you think I should send out a few dozen more? There are still some people who need to pay..

MetaverseNomad on
  • PinderPinder Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Do you think I should send out a few dozen more? There are still some people who need to pay..

Just invite them over to BatLoft. eye-shuh will browbeat them into it like she did me.

Pinder on
    This signature intentionally left blank.
    edited August 2009

It wasn't the lack of notification, it was the timing :-P I got them as I was walking between meetings, otherwise I'd have paid right then.

I've paid now! No beatings from eye-shuh necessary! *cower*

DMmagic on
    edited August 2009

It wasn't the lack of notification, it was the timing :-P I got them as I was walking between meetings, otherwise I'd have paid right then.

I've paid now! No beatings from eye-shuh necessary! *cower*

Don't cower. :( It's a beating of love. Honest.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • AccalonAccalon Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Will I be able to join up for individual events on Wednesday? I am still scheduled to work, but I can probably meet up for some of the earlier ones and possibly some of the afternoon ones as well.

Accalon on
    PAX 2007 Omegathon Champeen

*Proud member of the Photoshop Heroes*
    edited August 2009
    Here are the Wednesday attendees who I will not be giving a horrible beating:

ashridah
    gilles
    dmmagic
    blain
    muttonhead
    pinder (may beat anyway)
    arnonaut
    optimal
    pikapuff
    suppostrophe
    frightfully english
    shiggles

eye-shuh on
  • ashridahashridah Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Accalon wrote: »
    Will I be able to join up for individual events on Wednesday? I am still scheduled to work, but I can probably meet up for some of the earlier ones and possibly some of the afternoon ones as well.

If you're happy to play phone-tag to try and catch up, you can. I'll be there both days, and you've got my number, and we posted the schedule.

ashridah on
    edited August 2009
    ashridah wrote: »

If you're happy to play phone-tag to try and catch up, you can. I'll be there both days, and you've got my number, and we posted the schedule.

Awesome, just wanted to make sure there weren't specific tour scheduled groups for those events that I couldn't jump in on. I'd really like to make the Underground tour.

Accalon on

edited August 2009

We were really hoping that people who wanted to tag along to certain things would buy a bus pass for the day, even if they are riding along separately. Although I can understand that you'll be working and may or may not be able to join us at any certain stop. So, we'd really, really appreciate it if you got a pass for Wednesday, but we can't stop you from "showing up" in places. Although eye-shuh could probably beat you for it....

MetaverseNomad on
    edited August 2009
    And, once again, for everyone who hasn't yet, pleeeeeeeease:

Please visit eye-shuh's paypal, located here: http://staff.washington.edu/ikmz/mmt.html

We need everyone to please, please, please buy your pass before NOON on SUNDAY, AUGUST 23rd!

Get it done now, before the weekend (and the drinking) starts!!!!

MetaverseNomad on
    edited August 2009

We were really hoping that people who wanted to tag along to certain things would buy a bus pass for the day, even if they are riding along separately. Although I can understand that you'll be working and may or may not be able to join us at any certain stop. So, we'd really, really appreciate it if you got a pass for Wednesday, but we can't stop you from "showing up" in places. Although eye-shuh could probably beat you for it....

Soooo I just paid for a pass, but it says it's shipping to my old address in Bend. Is it actually shipping anything at all?

Accalon on

edited August 2009

Soooo I just paid for a pass, but it says it's shipping to my old address in Bend. Is it actually shipping anything at all?

I <3 YOU, ACCALON!!!!!!!! And, it shouldn't actually ship anything, eye-shuh has a "list" that she's working off of, so you won't need to have a physical ticket.

:D:D:D:D *HUG*

MetaverseNomad on
    edited August 2009
    Mega-<3 excited to join what I can!

Accalon on

edited August 2009
    Haha, no there isn't anything shipping....although it WOULD be kinda funny to send people something random. Hmmmm

eye-shuh on
    edited August 2009
    eye-shuh wrote: »
    Haha, no there isn't anything shipping....although it WOULD be kinda funny to send people something random. Hmmmm

A map of Seattle with a large red X placed randomly. Or directions in the form of cryptic clues.

Hell, that could be a fun group activity anyway.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    edited August 2009
    Cronus wrote: »

A map of Seattle with a large red X placed randomly. Or directions in the form of cryptic clues.

Hell, that could be a fun group activity anyway.

"Pinky! Are you pondering what I'm pondering?"

"I think so Brain, but what would a dolphin do with 50 gaming geeks?"

"No you imbecile, we should have a scavenger hunt-based MMT next year!"

ashridah on
    edited August 2009

I hate that show. This is my passive-aggressive way of telling you. :P

MetaverseNomad on
    edited August 2009

It's a pity i intend to watch EVERY SINGLE EPISODE EVER MADE

ashridah on
    edited August 2009

It's a pity i intend to watch EVERY SINGLE EPISODE EVER MADE

Good man Ash. Don't forget all the 7 minute episodes before it was it's own show.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
  • BerylliumBeryllium Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

You must be a Seattle native. :wink:

Beryllium on
  • Rogue_hunterRogue_hunter Breaks Through Brick Walls Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009

And I must now eternally hate you. Sorry :?

Rogue_hunter on
    PlayStation Network: Rogue_hunter
    Steam: Rogue_hunter
    Games for Windows Live: Roguality
    Google+
    Twitter
    edited August 2009
    *COUGH* I hate the number two *COUGH*

Don't forget to get your money in today if you're attending Wednesday! We needz a party bus!!!

eye-shuh on
    edited August 2009
    If you haven't made your payment yet (there are three-four of you) please do so immediately!! I want to make the reservation today!

Awesome people I love:

ashridah
    gilles
    dmmagic
    orbdep
    juggerbot
    chupamiubre
    blain
    krathoon
    philomglol
    muttonhead
    pinder
    arnonaut
    biscuits
    langbenj
    optimal
    apocaknits
    pikapuff
    suppostrophe
    mr. teatime
    frightfully english
    shiggles
    accalon

It is NOT an option to pay when you get there. You must pay TODAY if you want to come on the Wednesday tour. We will have a check list with real names and forum names to check off as we're loading on the bus.

We can't stop people from following the tour in a car and not paying for the bus (if that's your master plan), but you should know that that would make you a dick. Being a dick is against PAX policy. Plus, you would miss out on riding in our awesome party bus, and I can't guarantee that other attendees wouldn't shun you.

Not to mention that Batman will be very disappointed at those stragglers who do not pay by noon today. Yes, Batman will be on the bus with us and you do not want to disappoint Batman.

eye-shuh on
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

D:

*packs up shop, tears down scaffolding, exits bushes and goes home*

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • PinderPinder Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Awesome people I love:

pinder

I can personally confirm that the warm glowy feeling of being on this list is well worth the money. :P

Also, we totally will shun you. Shun you hard.

Pinder on
    This signature intentionally left blank.
This discussion has been closed.