As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Goozex Thread: Trade your old junk for somebody else's games

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Somebody put up their copy of Radiata Stories or Valkyrie Profile 2! I needs PS2 JRPG sustenance!

How much is Radiata Stories worth? Site's blocked at work :(

urahonky on
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Ah totally forgot about getting in at Midnight for the Broken Steel/Point Lookout 360 Expansion, and ended up 9th in line. It seems like the 8 ahead of me have it on hold though.

Hopefully once someone puts it up, it moves fast, because there's nothing to do but install the disc and then you're done...

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    iMattiMatt Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Only twice I've ever paid cash for goozex points.

Once for Fight Night Round 3 and then no one matched me :(

And then 2 days ago for Yakuza 2 on the PAL PS2 - matched twice both timed out :(

Anyone have a PAL Yakuza 2 they want to list - please!

iMatt on
  • Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yay, DVD trading is up! I went ahead and put my DVD collections of Slayers Try & Hellsing up. They're disk only, but they're legit (I threw out the boxes long ago to save space) so if you want to spend 300 or 350 Goozex points respectively, they're yours. :)

RainbowDespair on
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Radiata Stories is 250 points with a huge ass queue of wants.

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    ONLY 250? Ugh... That's what, $15? Hmm... But for MundaneSoul...

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    The queue list is something like 50+ with about 25 offers. That is a definite steal for that game though, regret getting rid of it.

Oh yeah, I'm first in line for My Name is Bruce. :D

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    BasticleBasticle Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    holy shit HD-DVD....

Basticle on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    man Anime is like a goldmine. 150 points for each disk in a 6 volume series and the same guy requsted all the volumes? 900 points and I only have to send 1 package? yes please!

Basticle on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Traded in my boxset of King Gainer (obscure mediocre mecha anime) for the first season of Big O (obscure kick-ass mecha anime).

Not enougth <3 for Goozex in the world.

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Big O was on Cartoon Network I wouldnt call that obscure

Basticle on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    It was still awesome though. Big ole robots in a 50s technoir setting? Yes please!

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    Dr SnofeldDr Snofeld Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Got a game that had underpaid postage, that I had to pay £1.08 to receive. What feedback should I give, seeing as I have the game now?

Dr Snofeld on
    l4d_sig.png
  • Options
    solsovlysolsovly Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Dr Snofeld wrote: »
    Got a game that had underpaid postage, that I had to pay £1.08 to receive. What feedback should I give, seeing as I have the game now?

Contact the trader first. Might have been an accident. If they don't want to pay the postage, then I'd leave them neutral feedback (which is actually slightly negative feedback).

solsovly on
  • Options
    l337CrappyJackl337CrappyJack Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Really loving how I've had no issues whatsoever with the site for months, and then I get two simultaneous trades from people who commit to shipping, and then fall off the face of the earth. No shipping confirmation, no return emails, nuthin'.

l337CrappyJack on
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Really loving how I've had no issues whatsoever with the site for months, and then I get two simultaneous trades from people who commit to shipping, and then fall off the face of the earth. No shipping confirmation, no return emails, nuthin'.

I've had this happen several times.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for having to wait three days for the feedback to take, and the fact that one of the games, it's the only copy currently available. Damn you, guy who owns a copy of Jet Set Radio Future but won't return my emails!

l337CrappyJack on
  • Options
    PracticalProblemSolverPracticalProblemSolver Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Hey if you guys are into buying used games I made a quick little thingy to quickly check the points and trading activity of a game. Before I get too involved I wanted to get some feedback, obviously needs some styling:

http://goozvalue.freshlyforged.com

PracticalProblemSolver on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for having to wait three days for the feedback to take, and the fact that one of the games, it's the only copy currently available. Damn you, guy who owns a copy of Jet Set Radio Future but won't return my emails!

I got that game brand new and sealed for $5 a couple months ago. I was in awe that i found a sealed copy of this game. I had to re-buy the game unsealed just so i could keep the sealed one as is. It is fantastic game btw, the Dreamcast one too. One of my top 10.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

I got that game brand new and sealed for $5 a couple months ago. I was in awe that i found a sealed copy of this game. I had to re-buy the game unsealed just so i could keep the sealed one as is. It is fantastic game btw, the Dreamcast one too. One of my top 10.

A man is bemoaning his inability to get a hold of a single copy of a game and you go and tell him you have two? For shame.

Docshifty on
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Also Crackdown is weird.
    And not entertaining.

Yet.

Docshifty on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Docshifty wrote: »

A man is bemoaning his inability to get a hold of a single copy of a game and you go and tell him you have two? For shame.

Thats what ebay is for. D:

Elimination on
  • Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Well, I finally started using this and already I'll be sending Crisis Core out tomorrow. I'm hoping that I can get FEAR for the PS3 as soon as I have the points I need to do so.

I'm gonna have to buy trading tokens...

Descendant X on
    Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Docshifty wrote: »

Thats what ebay is for. D:

Hah! In your FACE! Turns out the guy was just hospitalized in critical condition and got ahold of me just in time to let me know he was gonna ship the game out!

Also I'm a terrible person. :oops:

l337CrappyJack on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Day of the Tentacle will soon be mine!

Also, 1337CrappyJack, you wouldn't happen to be called Crappy Jack on Goozex would you?

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I would indeed. That's my copy of Day of the Tentacle. Small world.

l337CrappyJack on
  • Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Have any of you guys sent anything within Canada?

If so, how much did you pay to get delivery confirmation? I went to my local Canada Post outlet today and was told that it would cost ~$7.50 to get a tracking number, and there' no way I'm paying that much.

Descendant X on
    Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    are you sure that wasnt the total cost of shipping it with tracking?

Basticle on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Ugh - fuck you Goozex and your supply and demand system!

I'm the nice guy. I put the Fallout DLC Pack 1 (Operation Anchorage/Broken Steel) into the system first. I spend the $17 and then pass it along to everyone and net a cool 450 points. It's just an install. There is no reason whatsoever to keep the disc. I figured karma would have my back for Pack 2.

So Pack 2 is out, I'm 9th on the list, and the thing just went up to 650 points. What the fuck. Not only do I only have 600, but it makes me so angry that it doesnt even look like anyone's put it into circulation yet. Whyyyyyyyyyyyy.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    ZephosZephos Climbin in yo ski lifts, snatchin your people up. MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    hrmmm, i'm very much so considering doing this with a few of my games... Ghostbusters is still worth 1000... and i can get fallout 3 for 850... intteeeerrreessting.

Zephos on
    Xbox One/360: Penguin McCool
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    mxmarks wrote: »

I'm the nice guy. I put the Fallout DLC Pack 1 (Operation Anchorage/Broken Steel) into the system first. I spend the $17 and then pass it along to everyone and net a cool 450 points. It's just an install. There is no reason whatsoever to keep the disc. I figured karma would have my back for Pack 2.

So Pack 2 is out, I'm 9th on the list, and the thing just went up to 650 points. What the fuck. Not only do I only have 600, but it makes me so angry that it doesnt even look like anyone's put it into circulation yet. Whyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Just get it for $20, would be cheaper :P

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    mxmarks wrote: »

This is not cool. I believe I benefitted from that disc passaround.

l337CrappyJack on
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I used this last year to offload a few ps2 rpg's i didn't play, and got some cool ds and psp games out of the deal

this time around i'm offloading some niche titles i never really enjoyed or opened: God Hand, Gradius V, and Steambot Chronicles. Should give me a little over thousand points, which will probably be used towards some 360 games, or maybe some nicer wii titles

hope i don't get screwed over

edit: looking at amazon, i almost don't want to give up my copy of gradius V. it's 50 bucks new, and mines about as mint as you can get it after being taken out of the shrink wrap

ronzo on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Hah - well Im glad people on here got it! I was just letting off some steam that it's a whole 200 points more that the one I first had, and now I had to go and get rid of Dino Crisis and Maken X for the DC to get up to 650 for it. (they were in my "You know you'll never ever EVER get to these..." bin, so its not too bad).

The truth is if I can find it at a Gamestop used (where I found the 1st pack), it's only $14, and I'll start conga-line round 2!

mxmarks on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Basticle wrote: »
    are you sure that wasnt the total cost of shipping it with tracking?

Well, I'll find out tomorrow. I'm sending out another game, so I'll ask about tracking options. But if it becomes a choice between $3 for an envelope and postage and $7 (or possibly more) for the envelope and postage with tracking, I'm going for the cheaper deal.

Descendant X on
  • Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    ronzo wrote: »
    I used this last year to offload a few ps2 rpg's i didn't play, and got some cool ds and psp games out of the deal

this time around i'm offloading some niche titles i never really enjoyed or opened: God Hand, Gradius V, and Steambot Chronicles. Should give me a little over thousand points, which will probably be used towards some 360 games, or maybe some nicer wii titles

edit: looking at amazon, i almost don't want to give up my copy of gradius V. it's 50 bucks new, and mines about as mint as you can get it after being taken out of the shrink wrap

That's pretty inflated even for new. A used copy doesn't go for more than $20 nowadays on eBay.

Shady3011 on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Shady3011 wrote: »

That's pretty inflated even for new. A used copy doesn't go for more than $20 nowadays on eBay.

Well that's fine then, since it nets 350 on goozex. Which is like 17.50 or so in real dollars.

Question: is there anyway to get more trade credits without paying the 5 bucks

ronzo on
  • Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Shady3011 wrote: »

Well that's fine then, since it nets 350 on goozex. Which is like 17.50 or so in real dollars.

Question: is there anyway to get more trade credits without paying the 5 bucks

Just referrals, and you have to wait for a successful trade by the referred person to go through.

freakish light on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    crap. went from someone really awesome who sent games out fast and in good shape to someone who signed up on sunday and this is his first trade

here's to hoping that i get a decent copy of mass effect, since it's one of the main reasons i bought a 360.

on the other hand, i should be getting a good copy of bioshock very soon.

ronzo on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Well I think I might have found my first bad trader, which is a shame since the last guy I traded twice with has to be the most professional and courteous trader on Goozex. When DVD trading began, I requested Big O season 1 and even pm'd the guy to make sure that it was the first season. now I've got three days to spare and the trader has not replyed to any messages. The worst part is that he's done almost 38 trades yet oddly about three of them left negative feedback saying that they never received the game and didn't get a response from their messages either.

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg