As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

One Thousand [Chats] Per Hour

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm afraid I impulse bought something... again. Is Sword of the Stars any good?

Haphazard on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Preacher wrote: »
    Haphazard wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    Oh snap, Arkham is going to be out already?

I am antsy for marvel: UA2 to come out already. I require co-op beat em up superhero time ASAP.

Likewise. When is it going to hit the stores?

I'd love a game like a city of heroes champions, but more co-op flavor where you go around a city stopping crime with a friend. Which is probably exactly what crackdown 2 will be like F YEAH!

Crackdown? Don't you mean Prototype? Or maybe Infamous.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I wonder how the WoW addicts are taking the new expansion. I dare not click in the thread for fear of getting e-cum on me.

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

I am antsy for marvel: UA2 to come out already. I require co-op beat em up superhero time ASAP.

I'd love a game like a city of heroes champions, but more co-op flavor where you go around a city stopping crime with a friend. Which is probably exactly what crackdown 2 will be like F YEAH!

Crackdown was the one of those games to have co-op.

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    yalborap wrote: »
    Hm...gave out my phone number. Interesting. No infractions. Haven't been raped facially. All is well then.

Dude, I'm telling you as...Well, I doubt we could be considered friends, but as your acquaintance if nothing else, you need to ease up on the booze.

Did I cry?

Not to my knowledge, but it's fucking you up. I can't fix my own problems, but I can sure as hell do my damndest to try and help others.

I feel just dandy. Aside from my stomach wanting to 'asplode. Did we have a talk or something?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Everyone should just play Champions Online.

Is it good? Why is it good?

And yeah, Shadow Complex seems pretty cool. The trial was fun, maybe I'll buy it.

I like it a lot even though I've been playing the whole game by myself. Firstly the character creator is even better than the one used by City of Heroes. You have a lot of control over the shape and proportions of your character in addition to the innumerable costume pieces that you can fit together and customize. You can save your costumes as image files so that when you post the images on a forum for example someone can download the file and load that costume for themselves.

There are no classes in Champions. You can mix and match powers from different powersets as you please so long as you meet the requirements (which usually means you need a certain number of powers already). Powers can be customized to originate from different parts of your body (instead of just your hands) and you can also change the color of your powers.

The game is very action-oriented. During battles there are a lot of explosions and people being knocked around. You can move while you attack so you're never just standing in one place. You can block attacks for reduced damage. You can attack while you're utilizing your traveling powers, which you get at the end of the game's tutorial. There are a lot of traveling powers like multiple types of flight, super jumping, and teleportation.

You can respec your character at any time although you have to undo your powers in order and each time you respec it costs more money.

Leveling is very fast, I haven't had to grind at all to gain levels, I've only done missions and I'm level fourteen right now. The missions are interesting but I think they're too easy. I'm able to solo missions designed for two people. Sometimes dying isn't even a very big deal if you're doing a mission inside of an instanced building, you're just returned to the beginning and all of the enemies you've defeated already are still dead.

I just think it's very fun and so far it doesn't really feel like an MMO to me. The play between powers and stats and such is very deep and interesting and the combat is engaging. I like it!

Sarksus on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

Prototype didn't have co-op because two alex's would be too much in the world. I don't have a ps3.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The new WoW expansion makes me sad.

There's an archaeology profession. I have a close friend I'd recently had a falling out with who plays WoW and loves archaeology.

:(

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    OK [Chat] its time for more career advice.... do you guys think that this job posting:
    Organization Overview:
    The Environment and Resources Division (ERD) assists federal and state environmental and resource management agencies address complex policy, management, and regulatory challenges. Our range of services include economic analysis, risk assessments, environmental modelling, regulatory and voluntary program support, and IT solutions.

Minimum Qualifications :

BA/BS with 3 - 5 years of experience OR MA/MBA (Entry Level) years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.

Job Responsibilities:

The candidate will perform economic, financial, and other quantitative analyses on issues of environmental and natural resource regulation and policy, particularly as it pertains to programs under the Clean Water Act, climate change, and/or clean energy and energy efficiency. The candidate(s) will work closely with senior level staff in performing these analyses. The candidate will assist in the preparation of documents, option papers, and other reports of work performed.

Skills Prerequisites:

Minimal requirements is a Bachelor's with 3 to 5 years experience, however, the preferred candidate will have a Master's Degree in economics, resource/environmental economics, or a related discipline with an outstanding academic record. The preferred candidate will have an outstanding academic record with course work in environmental/resource economics, finance, quantitative methods, biology, physical and/or environmental sciences. Excellent oral communication, writing, and analytical skills are essential.

Research experience (through employment or academic coursework) in the following areas is essential:

* Economics and regulatory policy,
    * Working with economic, environmental, and/or survey data

Research experience (through employment or academic coursework) and skills in the following areas are highly desirable:

* Research experience in federal water pollution control programs and regulations, global climate change, and/or clean energy and energy efficiency
    * Research experience with sophisticated economic/environmental modeling and/or statistical/econometric analysis, especially using statistical software packages such as SAS

Proficiency using database software such as Access

looks enough like this resume for me to give it a shot:
    *note: all the 'construction' projects are Environmental Remediation Projects of US Nuclear Weapons Facilities.

http://docs.google.com/View?id=dcddt2tr_4dx2kfvdn

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'd like to get a group going in CO sometime.

Right now it seems like a fancy single-player game.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    edited August 2009
    You know what's good for groups?

SF IV and BlazBlue.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

September 15th in the land of the free. When it comes out in D-land I am not sure.

desc on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I'm going to go eat some cabbage and see if the russians were right.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Wow, blizzard is overhauling the old world of WoW and they STILL aren't offering any sort of graphics update?

Fuck that noise.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Feral wrote: »
    I'd like to get a group going in CO sometime.

Right now it seems like a fancy single-player game.

It would have to be soon since the beta is ending at the end of the weekend (and I'm not available on the weekend).

Also, to everyone else, the open beta is truly open now. You can go over to Fileplanet and get a key if they haven't run out yet. You can play for the rest of the weekend.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Oh Blizzard:
    We saw a Troll Druid, Tauren Paladin, and Gnome Priest

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Wow, blizzard is overhauling the old world of WoW and they STILL aren't offering any sort of graphics update?

Fuck that noise.

Define overhaul.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Fuck that noise.

Define overhaul.

TAUREN PALADIN!

Sarksus on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Hm...gave out my phone number. Interesting. No infractions. Haven't been raped facially. All is well then.

Dude, I'm telling you as...Well, I doubt we could be considered friends, but as your acquaintance if nothing else, you need to ease up on the booze.

Just no more 151. That is done forever and ever and ever.

I can't even feel properly right now. And I woke up naked. . .again :(

haha

I WARNED YOU

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Fuck that noise.

Define overhaul.

Like, there is some cataclysm and the entire world gets owned by it.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Fuck that noise.

Define overhaul.

TAUREN PALADIN!

HOLY COW!

Feral on

• Options
    edited August 2009

Fuck that noise.

Define overhaul.

God, I bet the cataclysm isn't even going to be anti-aliased.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

haha

I WARNED YOU

Somehow, I am not surprised.

yalborap on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Everyone should just play Champions Online.

Is it good? Why is it good?

And yeah, Shadow Complex seems pretty cool. The trial was fun, maybe I'll buy it.

I like it a lot even though I've been playing the whole game by myself. Firstly the character creator is even better than the one used by City of Heroes. You have a lot of control over the shape and proportions of your character in addition to the innumerable costume pieces that you can fit together and customize. You can save your costumes as image files so that when you post the images on a forum for example someone can download the file and load that costume for themselves.

There are no classes in Champions. You can mix and match powers from different powersets as you please so long as you meet the requirements (which usually means you need a certain number of powers already). Powers can be customized to originate from different parts of your body (instead of just your hands) and you can also change the color of your powers.

The game is very action-oriented. During battles there are a lot of explosions and people being knocked around. You can move while you attack so you're never just standing in one place. You can block attacks for reduced damage. You can attack while you're utilizing your traveling powers, which you get at the end of the game's tutorial. There are a lot of traveling powers like multiple types of flight, super jumping, and teleportation.

You can respec your character at any time although you have to undo your powers in order and each time you respec it costs more money.

Leveling is very fast, I haven't had to grind at all to gain levels, I've only done missions and I'm level fourteen right now. The missions are interesting but I think they're too easy. I'm able to solo missions designed for two people. Sometimes dying isn't even a very big deal if you're doing a mission inside of an instanced building, you're just returned to the beginning and all of the enemies you've defeated already are still dead.

I just think it's very fun and so far it doesn't really feel like an MMO to me. The play between powers and stats and such is very deep and interesting and the combat is engaging. I like it!
    yeah this sums up my brief impressions as well

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

haha

I WARNED YOU

I think I may have talked to people from [chat] last night on the phone. That was the worst possible outcome.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Once you're level ten in Champions you can sidekick with people so that you can play with higher-level players. I loved that feature in CoH too.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

Who the hell needs to be drunk to wake up naked?

Also: pics, or it didn't happen.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009
    They're updating the graphics somewhat, enough that systems requirements will have changed.

I have no clue how significant, but I'll assume they're bringing everything to at least the Wrath standard.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Will there be any updates to the graphics and changes to the minimum system requirements?

Yes, there will be incremental tweaks and updates to the graphics engine in this expansion. For example, we've made improvements to the way that water is rendered. We'll announce the exact system requirements closer to the expansion's release.

Feral on

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I really need a better computer to play Champions.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Thanatos wrote: »

You do when you're edward and his horrid body.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

I didn't even know Crackdown 2 is coming. My appetite for silly sandbox games is very large when co-op comes into the picture.

desc on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    They're updating the graphics somewhat, enough that systems requirements will have changed.

I have no clue how significant, but I'll assume they're bringing everything to at least the Wrath standard.

"Will there be any updates to the graphics and changes to the minimum system requirements?
    Yes, there will be incremental tweaks and updates to the graphics engine in this expansion. For example, we’ve made improvements to the way that water is rendered. We’ll announce the exact system requirements closer to the expansion’s release."

The Wrath standard is still pretty ugly.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

I gave you guys pics :(

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

Fuck that noise.

Define overhaul.

TAUREN PALADIN!

HOLY COW!

man wut

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Will there be any updates to the graphics and changes to the minimum system requirements?

Yes, there will be incremental tweaks and updates to the graphics engine in this expansion. For example, we've made improvements to the way that water is rendered. We'll announce the exact system requirements closer to the expansion's release.

Oh nice. Water upgrade.

urahonky on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009
    I never really cared.

My computer could barely run it on the lowest settings anyway.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

Fuck that noise.

Define overhaul.

God, I bet the cataclysm isn't even going to be anti-aliased.

Is this a joke?

Do people not know how to use their video cards?

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

You do when you're edward and his horrid body.

I eat exercise for breakfast.

[tiny]This is part of the problem[/tiny]

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009

I didn't even know Crackdown 2 is coming. My appetite for silly sandbox games is very large when co-op comes into the picture.

They had a teaser at e3, I have no idea when its coming. I want to believe though.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.