As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

white on white on searing red [ASHES]

• Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    woo go england.

So good to see so many people give a shit about test cricket. Twenty20 can't beat this!

Muddy Water on
  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I am not happy about england winning

but I am always happy about australia losing

L|ama on
  • bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    congratulations, england. if this means they start looking for a new australian captain, then it had to happen

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    boo we suck

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I like cricket. Drinking is an integral part of the game.

Fire Truck on
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Ponting's Captaincy did not lose this match, but it sure as shit lost of bunch of other ones in this series.

Blake T on
    edited August 2009
    the one man responsible for australia's loss of this match was the oval's groundskeeper

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    bsjezz wrote: »
    ack wrote: »
    is that really the trophy for being the best a cricket

listen

inside that urn are the cremated remains of the bail taken as england were dismissed on home soil for the first time ever by australians. it dates back to 1882. those ashes are far more important than the shimmering trophies and hollow plaques of other sports

also they get some kind of oversized replica carved in solid diamond. i'm pretty sure it's solid diamond

what is a bail and how was it taken

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    the one man responsible for australia's loss of this match was the oval's groundskeeper

Eh.

Whoever one the toss was going to win it. Shane Warne said it best when he said it was a ground that would force a result.

Blake T on
    edited August 2009

listen

inside that urn are the cremated remains of the bail taken as england were dismissed on home soil for the first time ever by australians. it dates back to 1882. those ashes are far more important than the shimmering trophies and hollow plaques of other sports

also they get some kind of oversized replica carved in solid diamond. i'm pretty sure it's solid diamond

the small wooden token that needs to be knocked from the stumps in order to get a player out

edit:
    here

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

Actually the one man responsible for Australia's loss was God. He just loves England more. Sorry.

The_Scarab on
    edited August 2009
    also I just realized you said you thought the replica urn was solid diamond. cricket doesn't generate that much revenue, dummy.

It's glass. Waterford crystal, to be exact.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
    edited August 2009
    also I just realized you said you thought the replica urn was solid diamond. cricket doesn't generate that much revenue, dummy.

It's glass. Waterford crystal, to be exact.

lies.

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
    edited August 2009

listen

the small wooden token that needs to be knocked from the stumps in order to get a player out

edit:
    here

ahh, gotcha. wikipedia mentioned that it might be the cremated remains of the ball or something.

who knows!

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
    edited August 2009
    A solid diamond the size of that little trophy would be pretty fucking expensive.

Tweaked_Bat_ on
    edited August 2009
    A solid diamond the size of that little trophy would be pretty fucking expensive.

oh, it's much bigger than that

1601-28899.jpg

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
    edited August 2009
    The_Scarab wrote: »

Actually the one man responsible for Australia's loss was God. He just loves England more. Sorry.

Is that why we are still ahead of you in the cricket rankings?

Blake T on
    edited August 2009
    Blaket wrote: »

No. But why we are ahead of you in every other category by which you measure how awesome a country is.

Also, we don't have scorpions. Or snakes. But we do have waffles. Suck it down Oz.

The_Scarab on
    edited August 2009

No. But why we are ahead of you in every other category by which you measure how awesome a country is.

Also, we don't have scorpions. Or snakes. But we do have waffles. Suck it down Oz.

that's not true. the only scorpion i've seen in my life was in bloody selfridges

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
    edited August 2009

I'd like to know what these categories are actually.

ps we have waffles also

Tweaked_Bat_ on
    edited August 2009

There are only two categories. Number of spiders, lowest being best naturally, and Britishness.

The_Scarab on
    edited August 2009
    Some spiders are great, they leave you alone and just eat flies.

Tweaked_Bat_ on
    edited August 2009
    Some spiders are great, they leave you alone and just eat flies.

Wrong.

All spiders are evil.

The_Scarab on
  • Brodo FagginsBrodo Faggins Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Cricket ain't a sport, it's a game IF that.

Brodo Faggins on
    9PZnq.png
    edited August 2009
    A summer afternoon BBQ is not complete without cricket playing on the TV in the background.

You can have the best steak, the coldest beer and the hottest summer sun, but if there is no cricket playing from the TV, then you are doing it wrong.

Tweaked_Bat_ on
    edited August 2009
    A summer afternoon BBQ is not complete without cricket playing on the TV in the background.

You can have the best steak, the coldest beer and the hottest summer sun, but if there is no cricket playing from the TV, then you are doing it wrong.

Listen to this man. He has the right idea.

You dont even need to watch the TV. You just have to hear polite applause and some soft commentary every few minutes.

The_Scarab on
    edited August 2009

There are only two categories. Number of spiders, lowest being best naturally, and Britishness.

Britishness is a complex system that is measured by whinning, the ability to drink shitty warm beer and being able to turn bright red by looking at a bright light and then calling it a tan.

Blake T on
    edited August 2009

Britishness is a complex system that is measured by whinning, the ability to drink shitty warm beer and being able to turn bright red by looking at a bright light and then calling it a tan.

Look, I wont deny we have our bad points. Well, a lot of bad points. But we fucking invented the modern world. And cricket. And the internet. Those things count for something right?

Oh who am I kidding. You have beaches. With actual sand.

The_Scarab on
    edited August 2009
    And Blake makes the post I couldn't be bothered making.

But Scarab and I are cool now, as we are in agreeance over the proper BBQ procedure and protocol.

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

You dont even need to watch the TV. You just have to hear polite applause and some soft commentary every few minutes.

we should've left you to the krauts

PiptheFair on
    edited August 2009
    PiptheFair wrote: »

Don't even go there motherfucker. I'll light the Pharezon signal, I'll do it just you see. He's like a 'boring history shit' savant.

The_Scarab on
    edited August 2009

Pip don't question the sanctity of summer BBQ.

Don't even

Tweaked_Bat_ on
    edited August 2009
    he;ll talk about how the red army would've helped but then I'll remind him had the u.s. not taken the western front and north africa the commies would've never been able to make the push to berlin

also he'll tell you that cricket is awful

PiptheFair on
    edited August 2009

Look, I wont deny we have our bad points. Well, a lot of bad points. But we fucking invented the modern world. And cricket. And the internet. Those things count for something right?

Well we invented the Ute and the Esky to keep beer cold.

Blake T on
    edited August 2009

Well we invented the Ute and the Esky to keep beer cold.

don't forget that england has liverpool and madonna

PiptheFair on
    edited August 2009
    Hey hey hey wait a fucking minute. Liverpool I'll go with but Madonna is not English. Dont attribute her to us.

The_Scarab on
    edited August 2009
    she thinks she is

so you limeys get to deal with her now

we had that shit for like 40 years man

PiptheFair on
    edited August 2009
    My favourite part of the Simpsons episode where they visit England is when they are kicked out they are forced to bring madonna back with them.

Blake T on
    edited August 2009
    she thinks she is

so you limeys get to deal with her now

we had that shit for like 40 years man

Well I guess we deserve it. I mean we gave you Jude Law.

The_Scarab on
    edited August 2009
    jude law is awesome

PiptheFair on
This discussion has been closed.