As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mount & Blade: New Steam group and server! EaTRC released for Warband!

MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
edited December 2010 in Games and Technology
MOUNT & BLADE

Please use the following music for flavor as you read this thread:
New steam group!
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/MagicSwordKings
New Warband Server!
Arcadian_Battle

War.

op1new.jpg

War never changes.

op2new.jpg

Welcome to Calradia.

You are an adventurer, forging your own path in the world.

The Nords
Nord.jpg

Residing along the northern coast of Calradia, these hardy warriors are unmatched on foot. Their fierce Huscarls fight with axe and javelin, striking fear into the hearts of their opponents. This faction is entirely infantry-based, with weak archer support but arguably the strongest infantry in the game.

The Vaegirs
Vaegir.jpg

The Vaegirs call the eastern mountain ranges of Calradia home. They have a mix of fairly strong cavalry and infantry, but their marksmen are second to none. Many a foe has fallen at the walls of a Vaegir stronghold due to their prowess.

The Swadians
Swadian.jpg

The Swadians are a proud and haughty nation, having once controlled most of Calradia. Now that battle lines have been drawn once again, the Swadian throne has called his vassals to war. Swadians feature the heaviest cavalry available in the game, the Swadian Knight. These mounted warriors can dominate most infantry on open ground. This kingdom also has a decent mix of crossbowmen and infantry.

The Khergits
Khergit.jpg

After centuries of oppression by the Swadians and Vaegirs, the Khergit Khanate has called his hordes together. Born and bred on the vast steppes of southern Calradia, the Khergits are masters of the horse and bow. Khergit children learn to shoot and ride before they learn to read and write. This kingdom is entirely cavalry based, and focuses on horse archery.

The Rhodoks
Rhodoks.jpg

Generally a peaceful nation of farmers, the Rhodoks have seen the writing on the wall and a call to arms has been sounded. Farmers have taken up the spear and shield in defense of their nation. The Rhodoks are another cavalry-less kingdom, but have the best crossbowman available, as well as featuring strong defensive spearmen with large shields.

Sarranid Sultanate
No image as these guys are too badass to be photographed
An Arabic medieval civilization that lives in the harsh deserts of Calradia. Their tactics tends to be based around their fast firing and mobile infantry archers and their exceptional heavy cavalry charges. Their Marmaluke knights nearly rival Swadian's offensively, but carry a shield and one handed weapon, making them even MORE durable. Sarranid units tend to be cheaper to upgrade, but more expensive to maintain.
From the players stand point, their armor is also very good for a mobility character, offering a good amount of protection at little weight.

Who will you choose?

Why should I play this game?
Let me show you. (spoilered for h-scrollage)

The Rhodok army ran.

Driven like so many cattle before the forces of the mighty Nord King Ragnar, they hoped to reach the safety of the castle walls at Jelkala.
r1.jpg

However, they had a problem. A big one.

A problem in the form of Lord Hoglor Turacheg and his one hundred Reavers, brave huscarls all.
r2.jpg

As the terrified Rhodok rabble swarmed directly into his trap, Lord Turacheg knew that blood would be spilled on this day.

And spilled it was.
r3.jpg

In Mount & Blade, you can join a nation as a mercenary and eventually become a vassal. You can command large armies on the field of battle, or you can travel from town to town looking for the best trade deals. You can gain fame on the tournament circuit, or travel from town to town and help them with their problems.

Features

-Command armies with a tactical interface

-Siege towns and castles

-Become a lord by joining a faction

-Start rebellions and help a claimant take their rightful throne

-Plunder, rape, pillage, etc.

-Hire companions that you can outfit and level up

-Robust RPG levelling system

-Hundreds of weapons and armors

-Responsive horse and combat controls

Basically, this game is the shit.

Really Big Ass List of M&B gameplay tweaks

Recommended Mods
(Note: this list can be subject to change and addition)
Prophesy Of Pendor
The current mod of mods, start your own kingdom, find magical weapons, dominate your enemies!
PoP Wiki

Expanded Gameplay III
Arguably the second best mod currently out. Adds a lot of features like classes, formations, amongst others. Creator is a huge dick but it is quality work.

Custom Settlements
Allows you to create your own village, and work it up from a small crappy town, to a bustling metropolis.

Chronicles of Talera
A mod with multiple quest lines, magic, and a custom map.

Native Expansion
Tons of new units, items, etc. Start your own kingdom! Also, troop formations.

Native Improved
Gives kingdoms a more unique feel and improves gameplay through tweaks and stat changes to gear and units, keeping the original feel of the game.

Graphical Enhancement Mod 2.5
Makes the game look shiny and way better.

PunkT Hi-Res Textures
Overhauls the world map textures without adding any new land features to screw up the game! Looks like google earth.

Battle Map Textures
Makes the battle map look nicer.

Ocean and Blood Fix
Improves ocean and blood animations/textures.

Battle Size Changer
A must-have in my opinion. Lets you up the battle size to 1000! Test what your computer can handle. The more, the merrier.

Hundred Years War
Completely overhauls the game to put the player in Europe during the Hundred Years War between England and France. All new units and gear.

Calradia At War
Expands upon the original game, adding tons of new companions, troops, items, quests, and locations.

Star Wars Mod
Self explanatory.

More Metal Sounds
Adds lots of nice battle sounds to combat, makes it sound more realistic.

Eagle and Radiant Cross Mod
New kingdoms with unique troop trees. Introduces firearms (not cheesy but pretty cool) and really nice new armor/weapon models. Worth a look.

Onin No Ran
Japanese based mod from the .903 era, for the time it was amazingly fun mod, gave you quest lines, and specific classes to be used. Still being ported over to 1.10

Last Days
The mod of mods from the pre 1.0 days, based off of the Lord of the Rings, this was the mod every other aspired to be.

FAQs
1. Why am I getting curb stomped alot?
As someone put it in the thread, Calradia is a dangerous place. At low levels, try to avoid bandit groups, except for looters. Looters are the easiest enemies in the game, barring farmers. Even deserters can be dangerous. Try practicing and getting xp at a training field or in the arena first. Then when you have some cash, go around and recruit as many dudes as you can. Using the in-game commands is your key to success.

2. How can I control my troops during battle?
F1-F12 are assorted commands. For example, F1 is "Hold This Position". F2 is "Follow Me" F3 is "Charge", and so on. You can look these up in the control options. Also, 1-4 lets you switch between unit types for ordering purposes (all, infantry, archers, cavalry). Alternately you can press backspace to open the tactical menu. This provides a map of the battle, unit losses for both sides, and a more in depth ordering menu.

3. What is this "couched" damage I keep hearing about?
Couched damage is when you strike someone with a polearm that has been lowered into a striking position, or "couched". In order to do this, you must have a polearm class weapon equipped, and then gain enough speed on your horse. Once you are going fast enough, your guy will automatically lower the spear or lance into the couched position. When this happens simply run the tip of the spear into an enemy. You do not need to click to attack. If you get a solid hit, the result is usually massive damage. I have personally hit for over 500 damage with a high polearm skill. Considering that most enemies don't have over 50 or 60 hitpoints, you can imagine how effective this is at any level.

4. What are companions and where can I find them?
Companions are unique followers who can be hired to join your army. You can find them randomly hanging out in taverns. They will have a story to tell you, and then if you have room you can hire them. They are great because they level up the same way you do, and you get to assign their skill points and so on. Also, you get to completely equip them. You can do both these things by selecting to "talk" to them through the party menu. A word of warning: Some companions do not get along with others, and will eventually leave (taking your shit with them). They also have likes and dislikes of actions on the part of the player. I would use this companion guide to figure out who you want in your party.

5. How come it takes forever for new troops to level up?
Two points. First, the skill called "trainer" will help immensely. Once a day, the game takes all of your points in Trainer and half the points of all your companions' Trainer skills and give experience to every unit lower level than you. The lower level they are, the bigger the difference. Maxing trainer on all your companions is a good way to get those new recruits toughened up. Secondly, units will get experience for killing enemies, just like you. The game puts your troops in battle starting at the top of the list in the party menu and working its way down. So, if you have your new guys at the bottom all the time, they wont see much action and will thus only get shared exp from the battle. However, you must balance the risk of extra casualties against your desire to level dudes up.

6. How do I get a village/castle/town?
You have to be offered a fief by your king. The way the king decides is based on your renown, the number of fiefs you already have, and how much the king likes you. Also, if you captured the town/castle yourself you have a higher chance of getting it. Basically, the more famous you are, the better chance you have of getting a new territory. If other lords have fewer lands than you, it'll be a while until you get offered a new one.

7. What is honor and what does it do?
Honor is a rating of how nice of a guy you are. Refusing ransom offers lowers your honor, as do some quests. Releasing captured lords and defending ladies' reputation earns you honor. All it does is makes people with similar honor like you more and people with different honor like you less. If youre a dick, then nice guys will get pissed at you easier.

8. What is renown and what does it do?
Renown is your fame across the lands of Calradia. You gain it for defeating enemies and winning tournaments. It increases your chance of being offered new fiefs and increases the number of troops that you can have in your army. The more impressive your victory in battle, the more renown you will get. Smashing 10 peasants with 500 knights will not get you any renown, but staving off 400 enemies with 30 dudes in a castle defense will earn you quite a large boost.

9. What do I do with all these enemy lords/soldiers I've captured?
There are a few options. First, you will occasionally receive ransom offers for captured lords. These offers will range from 2000 denars for crappy ones to up to 20,000 for kings. Keep in mind that if you ransom them you will face them on the field of battle again. If you want to hold onto lords to deprive your enemy of armies, you can do a couple things. First, if you own a castle or town, you can place them in the dungeon through the garrison interface (click on the lord -> "give"). You can build prison towers to reduce their chance of escape. If you don't have a garrisonable location, you can visit friendly lords in their castles and they will sometimes offer some cash to take the lord off of your hands.

When it comes to regular soldiers and/or bandits, most taverns will have a "Ransom Broker" in them. This guy will buy any units off of you for 50 denar apiece. Basically, you can become a slaver if you like. Keep in mind that you will have to train at least one point of Prisoner Management to capture anyone.

Thats all I can think of rights now. Im sure theres more to come.

How can I get this game?
Mount & Blade can be acquired in stores, on Steam, or through the developers' website. Also at the dev's site, you can download the full client with a trial mode that lets you play till level 7 at http://www.taleworlds.com.

Mount & Blade Screenshots

Awesome M&B Wiki

Trading Guide for Adventuresome Merchant Types
I noticed a distinct lack of a traders guide, so I decided to do a little research and write my own. This is meant as a general guide. Prices vary widely over time, but the areas that are predisposed to certain commodity prices seems to remain constant. All towns are listed left to right in order of best to worst price. Prices listed are with 10 trading, so assume a bit higher/lower if you have less trade. Also all cities are 0 relation, better relations will improve your margins.

The ordering of towns is from an average view of the 5 different save games over the course of several days each, and the top price will not always be at the listed town - it's just the town that averaged a higher price. Prices listed are in ranges, some quite broad. These are the general ranges of prices that I recorded in my testing of the towns listed.
Note that villages offer cheaper merchandise than the towns, sometimes less than 1/2 the price of towns. From my experience, the villages usually stock the same cheap good as the town they are near. For instance: Price of Oil in Suno is currently 208 in one game. The nearby village Nomar has several units of oil at a price of 111. All city's don't always have the good that they sell, either - in some cases I had to wait for several days before they got them in stock.

Nord Lands
Fish
Buy at: Wercheg, Tihr.
Sell at: Narra, Veluca, Halmar, Tulga
Buy/Sell prices: 5-30/55-70
Linen
Buy at: Sargoth
Sell at: Narra, Tulga, Halmar, Veluca,
Buy/Sell prices: 85-95/230-240

Vaegir Lands
Meat
Buy at: Rivacheg, Reyvadin
Sell at: Tihr, Halmar, Veluca, Narra
Buy/Sell prices: 15-40/75-90
Wool
Buy at: Reyvadin
Sell at: Narra, Yalen, Veluca, Tihr
Buy/Sell prices: 20-50/140-160
Iron
Buy at: Curaw
Sell at: Tihr, Yalen, Veluca, Narra
Buy/Sell prices: 60-90/280-320
Furs
Buy at: Khudan
Sell at: Yalen, Veluca, Narra, Tihr
Buy/Sell prices: 75-150+/435-475

Swadian Lands
Ale
Buy at: Praven
Sell at: Tihr, Rivacheg, Wercheg
Buy/Sell prices: 22-52/80-105
Wheat
Buy at: Uxkhal
Sell at: Tihr, Wercheg, Rivacheg
Buy/Sell prices: 12-40/80-100
Flour
Buy at: Uxkhal
Sell at: Tihr, Wercheg, Rivacheg
Buy/Sell prices: 26-50/95-110
Tools
Buy at: Dhirim
Sell at: Veluca, Narra, Tihr
Buy/Sell prices: 115-200/430-470
Oil
Buy at: Suno, Narra
Sell at: Wercheg, Curaw , Rivacheg, Khudan
Buy/Sell prices: 195-300/480-520

Rhodok Lands
Cheese
Buy at: Yalen, Jelkala
Sell at: Tulga, Rivacheg, Ichamur, Khudan, Wercheg
Buy/Sell prices: 35-60/100-110
Wine
Buy at: Veluca
Sell at: Rivacheg, Tihr, Wercheg, Khudan
Buy/Sell prices: 30-80/145-165
Velvet
Buy at: Jelkala
Sell at: Tihr, Rivacheg, Wercheg
Buy/Sell prices: 615-780/995-1025

Khergit Lands
Pottery
Buy at: Halmar
Sell at: Tihr, Yalen, Rivacheg, Wercheg
Buy/Sell prices: 15-30/130-150
Salt
Buy at: Ichamur
Sell at: Yalen, Suno, Rivacheg, Tihr
Buy/Sell prices: 65-90/270-280
Spice
Buy at: Tulga
Sell at: Yalen, Tihr, Wercheg

Buy/Sell prices: 200-470/915-1003

Also note that most goods are valuable at the most distant areas, with a few exceptions. One oddity was the price of oil - I found it for about 300 at Veluca and Narra as well as the lower prices in Suno, and in one game Suno was at 300 for oil too. The result is the distant southern lands pay very little for oil, so the best prices are northeast.

Since I only used 5 games with a few days in each as my sample, expect different results - but the general prices should be at least similar.

Awesomeness by GalagaGalaxian:
As a product of mad boredom, I made this:

bannersid2br4.th.jpg

A list of all the banners used by the nobles (though oddly, one unlisted Nord noble uses Sanjur Khan's banner as well).

The ones with no names are not used by a Lord and are suitable for selecting for yourself if you don't want to steal someone else's or overwriting with a custom banner.

Such as these:

http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/topic,51150.0.html

Warband details:
Guide on some of the new features, and multiplayer combat.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,87133.0.html?PHPSESSID=50e743ce945c7634d520c1c6c2bf704d

Warband is an expansion that is going to add a slew of improevments to single player, and after all these years, add in a multiplayer feature.

Some of the new features:
  • The ability to pick up thrown weapons/arrows that missed their target.
  • 32 player multiplayer (Death match, CTF, Conquest, Sieges, Bots)
  • More graphical options for prettier eye candy.
  • HDR/Bloom/Dynamic Contrast
  • New horse models/bump mapping.
For people who play in high resolutions and are tired of huge walls of text during battles but still want messages on.

Edit the file E:\Mount&Blade\Data\font_data.xml

Find the line <FontData width="2048" height="1024" padding="10" font_size="70" font_scale="100" line_spacing="100">

and change it to <FontData width="2048" height="1024" padding="10" font_size="70" font_scale="75" line_spacing="100">

it'll make all text in the game smaller and less eye raping during battles.

Tweaks:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,101731.0.html

A program to automate some of the 82 tweaks found here, very handy:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,46290.0.html

Now, ride forth and conquer!

Morkath on

• Options
    edited August 2009
    op shamelessly stolen from pantsy, I will update it tommorrow with the warband stuff, and see if anything else needs updating.

Morkath on
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The music in the op makes me want to load up the game just to slaughter people.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So, I'm new to PoP, started building an army, aligned with Ravenstern, took my first small castle, and started equiping my mans.

Where should I be heading? I've got about 150 mans, 90 of which I can have with me at once. And which is a good order I should try to put together (once I figure out how)?

Previous thread question, help me out? Qualis gem hunting? If so, where to start?

Also, I don't think PoP is in the OP?

Broncbuster on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    You didn't alter the recommended mods list in the OP to include PoP, Morkath.

jothki on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Yes I know, I said I was gonna edit it tomorrow. :P
    Also gonna link the pop wiki.

Also to get qualis gems, keep an eye on the victory report for unique army spawns, and try to capture the lords.

There is also one hidden in a chest in the ravenstern town on the peninsula.

Morkath on
  • Options
    fsmith1fsmith1 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm so glad I bought this all those years ago. I *still* play it every now and then.

fsmith1 on
  • Options
    fallaxdracofallaxdraco Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Got into the Warband beta. It is a glorious dream come true.

fallaxdraco on
  • Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So I have a gem. And there's a guy who will show me where some mine is....uh what's in the mine?

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    There's nothing in the mine unless you have 2 more Qualis gems.

Otherwise you'll just be able to talk to some dudes there and be stuck in there forever.

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    You can leave the mines. You just have to walk all the way to the edge of the map.

BionicPenguin on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I just wish the unique armies would respawn, I don't have any other way of getting a Qualis gem now.

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    EnnsEnns Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Great title for this thread. So in my game all the other factions armies are weak and cannot bring down Dread Legion, The Three Seers, or the Jatar(?) dude. Oh also the mountain man. It's kinda annoying because I hate looking away for a moment only to see "They have 685 men and you have 19." What's the best anti-horse unit?

Enns on
    gransig.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Oh, I asked this in the previous thread:

How do you reduce text font size for the game? I remember I had to tweak some file for this, but it made the interface so much nicer to look at.

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    so I found out where the noldor hang out

I also found out the noldor will fucking murder you

I lost 6 valkyries, but luckily made a boatload of cash and got some things lvled

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Enns wrote: »
    Great title for this thread. So in my game all the other factions armies are weak and cannot bring down Dread Legion, The Three Seers, or the Jatar(?) dude. Oh also the mountain man. It's kinda annoying because I hate looking away for a moment only to see "They have 685 men and you have 19." What's the best anti-horse unit?

Knights, though if you're archer/infantry based it's required that you keep your men together when fighting strong horse armies.

As I usually do it, 3/4ths of my army is archers which I set at one spot, while the 1/4th cavalry (me, companions, the best knights I can rescue or train up) do the fighting a bit in front of them, keeping the attention away from the archers.

Scooter on
  • Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So I have my Silvermist Archers, and my Rune weapon, but the minor factions on my screen are "Obliterated" Does this mean I am shit out of luck in getting an enchant?

TimFiji on
    Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      InfestedGnomeInfestedGnome Registered User regular
      edited August 2009
      I havent put much time into Prophesy of Pendor, the bad sound clips really put me off. Is it worthwhile to endure the audible pain in order to slice up some mans?

InfestedGnome on
      IGsig.jpg
      AKA [PA]Ilovepandas :D
    • Options
      edited August 2009
      Of course it is man, you get over them pretty quickly. I did cringe at them too once.

This is what M&B Native should have been, I consider it to be a lot more focused.
      TimFiji wrote: »
      So I have my Silvermist Archers, and my Rune weapon, but the minor factions on my screen are "Obliterated" Does this mean I am shit out of luck in getting an enchant?

Look at the armies spawned information, you should at least have Kodan Ironsword's adventurer company.

Edit:

I found it!
      Blight wrote: »
      For people who play in high resolutions and are tired of huge walls of text during battles but still want messages on.

Edit the file E:\Mount&Blade\Data\font_data.xml

Find the line <FontData width="2048" height="1024" padding="10" font_size="70" font_scale="100" line_spacing="100">

and change it to <FontData width="2048" height="1024" padding="10" font_size="70" font_scale="75" line_spacing="100">

it'll make all text in the game smaller and less eye raping during battles.

Google tags:

change mount blade font text size scale

Satsumomo on
    • Options
      edited August 2009
      how do you get lords into your faction

PiptheFair on
    • Options
      edited August 2009
      If you have them prisoner and 10 rep with them, you can recruit them. This means you need 20 rep to take the -10 for capturing them, and 21 if you start the fight with them and lose 1 there.

Scooter on
    • Options
      edited August 2009
      Scooter wrote: »
      If you have them prisoner and 10 rep with them, you can recruit them. This means you need 20 rep to take the -10 for capturing them, and 21 if you start the fight with them and lose 1 there.

no other way?

because I kinda pissed off a lot of lords by beating them repeatedly

PiptheFair on
    • Options
      edited August 2009
      The best way to build rep is to beat them repeatedly but let them go.

If you want hostage money though then you're going to die cold and alone.

Scooter on
    • Options
      edited August 2009
      welp looks like I'm gonna need to release some folks

PiptheFair on
    • Options
      edited August 2009
      Well, if an empire falls you will get randomly 1/5th (higher if fewer empires left) of them when they redistribute.

Scooter on
    • Options
      ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
      edited August 2009
      Khergits are the best

Zombiemambo on
      JKKaAGp.png
    • Options
      edited August 2009
      Khergits are the best

by best you mean annoying and need to die

PiptheFair on
    • Options
      XtarathXtarath Registered User regular
      edited August 2009
      PiptheFair wrote: »
      Khergits are the best

by best you mean annoying and need to die

We also would accepted Rhodoks.

Xtarath on
    • Options
      edited August 2009
      Ok added in some more mods to the list, and added in some of the known warband details.

If you want anything else added let me know.

Morkath on
    • Options
      stopgapstopgap Registered User regular
      edited August 2009
      need suggestions on how to edit said xml document, it comes up in windows explorer and makes me feel like a failed nerd.

stopgap on
      steam_sig.png
    • Options
      edited August 2009
      Right click -> Edit

:)

Satsumomo on
    • Options
      edited August 2009
      wow. thanks. (in my defense I don't tend to mess with such things)

stopgap on
      steam_sig.png
    • Options
      HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
      edited August 2009
      oh god yes, got into the mp beta today, wooo

Hardtarget on
      steam_sig.png
      kHDRsTc.png
    • Options
      MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
      edited August 2009
      I'm going to try PoP again, and will almost certainly ragequit after being faceraped for 2+ hours. But I will try.

MayGodHaveMercy on
      XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
    • Options
      fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
      edited August 2009
      I've played lots of vanilla (Native I suppose?) with some +Pretty mods and just installed PoP. I want a mod that gives me formations in PoP. Native Expansion and Extended Gameplay III are both mentioned, will one serve me better?

Also: Does everyone else see a horrible difference in coloration between the heads & torsos in the melee arena or any other time someone is shirtless? In general I feel like something is.... off in my game, I've only installed the stuff in the OP but my game doesn't look as good as some of the SS's I see people post.

fadingathedges on
    • Options
      edited August 2009
      i noticed the same thing myself. i think its a POP thing... which I accept due to awesome gameplay. Messes with you at first though.

stopgap on
      steam_sig.png
    • Options
      fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
      edited August 2009
      At least it's not just me I suppose :P

I hope PoP lives up to the hype here, because this renfest music is kinda grating :D So far I like it though.

fadingathedges on
    • Options
      StregoneStregone VA, USARegistered User regular
      edited August 2009
      I just cheat myself a handful of levels to get past that annoying weak as crap stage.

Stregone on
    • Options
      edited August 2009
      I've played lots of vanilla (Native I suppose?) with some +Pretty mods and just installed PoP. I want a mod that gives me formations in PoP. Native Expansion and Extended Gameplay III are both mentioned, will one serve me better?

Also: Does everyone else see a horrible difference in coloration between the heads & torsos in the melee arena or any other time someone is shirtless? In general I feel like something is.... off in my game, I've only installed the stuff in the OP but my game doesn't look as good as some of the SS's I see people post.

Depends on what you want, native expansion is more of a mod, while extended gameplay is more of a total conversion.

Morkath on
    • Options
      The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
      edited August 2009
      Where do I find me some Noldor?

How do I make us buddies?

I also cheated and swapped my archery stats for throwing stats

It's more my style

The Black Hunter on
    • Options
      edited August 2009
      The forests northeast of the Empire, help them out when they get in fights.

Scooter on