As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

George Clooney is a Jedi who stares at goats

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Lucas at one point considered having Vader and Fett be brothers in the prequel films, but discounted it as too "'hokey'".[3]

We're through the looking glass here, people.

Weaver on
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    p.s. the disgraced cop origin comes from back around the very first Del Ray novels

Weaver on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Must watch

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Weaver wrote: »
    Lucas at one point considered having Vader and Fett be brothers in the prequel films, but discounted it as too "'hokey'".[3]

I honestly think there was someone involved who was just continually shooting down Lucas' stupid ideas, but they just could not hold back the sheer volume of them.

Centipede Damascus on
  • DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

Hahahaaaaa whaaaaat

Defender on
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

I honestly think there was someone involved who was just continually shooting down Lucas' stupid ideas, but they just could not hold back the sheer volume of them.

They probably stopped when they felt like they were on the verge of losing their job.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
    edited August 2009

Actually I am under the impression that it was a number of people, like his wife (at the time), various actors who wouldn't say his dumb lines (Ford, I would guess, probably others), pretty much anyone involved in the early productions. I heard that the scene where C3PO has been blown to bits in the desert and Luke and Obi-Wan have to collect his limbs and shit took like five minutes in the original cut, and then his wife or someone was like, "No, fuck this, it's gonna be three seconds."

I really want to see the version that he edited, before someone competent got to it.

Defender on
    edited August 2009
    So the major difference in quality from the first 3 and the last 3 is simply because he had become too big for most people to say no to him?

TheStig on
  • GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Also he got divorced.

Gatsby on
  • redheadredhead Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Today, Lucas is one of the American film industry's most financially successful independent directors/producers, with an estimated net worth of $3.9 billion.

that is so much goddam money

redhead on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Defender wrote: »
    Actually I am under the impression that it was a number of people, like his wife (at the time), various actors who wouldn't say his dumb lines (Ford, I would guess, probably others), pretty much anyone involved in the early productions. I heard that the scene where C3PO has been blown to bits in the desert and Luke and Obi-Wan have to collect his limbs and shit took like five minutes in the original cut, and then his wife or someone was like, "No, fuck this, it's gonna be three seconds."

I really want to see the version that he edited, before someone competent got to it.

Ford definitely had a part in avoiding dumb lines.

You know the scene where Han is about to get frozen and carbonite and Leia is all "I love you Han" and then Han says probably his most defining line, one of the lines that makes him such a bad ass "I know." Well in the script he was supposed to say "I love you too." but Ford decided that was something Han wouldn't say at all so he and the director went with the new line. As I understand it Lucas threw a fit saying they were ruining his movie blah blah blah.

Inquisitor on
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Gatsby wrote: »
    Butts will be in seats when this comes out

Specifically mine

you have butts?

like the plural?

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
    edited August 2009
    redhead wrote: »
    Today, Lucas is one of the American film industry's most financially successful independent directors/producers, with an estimated net worth of $3.9 billion.

that is so much goddam money

He could buy GM.

TheStig on
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

Hahahaaaaa whaaaaat

No, I get it. Boba Fett is Vader's half brother who has an earthly father, making Darth Vader even more into the nega-Christ.

Seriously on
  • Wrench N RocketsWrench N Rockets Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Seriously wrote: »

Hahahaaaaa whaaaaat

No, I get it. Boba Fett is Vader's half brother who has an earthly father, making Darth Vader even more into the nega-Christ.

"...Then what's that make us?"

"ABSOLUTELY NOTHING."

Wrench N Rockets on
    sig_lambo.jpg
    edited August 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »

You know the scene where Han is about to get frozen and carbonite and Leia is all "I love you Han" and then Han says probably his most defining line, one of the lines that makes him such a bad ass "I know." Well in the script he was supposed to say "I love you too." but Ford decided that was something Han wouldn't say at all so he and the director went with the new line. As I understand it Lucas threw a fit saying they were ruining his movie blah blah blah.

Yeah, that line has Ford all over it.

Defender on
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    p.s. the disgraced cop origin comes from back around the very first Del Ray novels

I remember that

His real name in that origin was Jaster Mereel, which has now been retconned to be the name of Jango Fett's Mandalorian mentor

God, the old EU stuff was so much better

Grey Ghost on
  • 101101 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

Hahahaaaaa whaaaaat

That the first three films came out so good probably counts as a goddamn miracle

101 on
  • DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Yeah, that line has Ford all over it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W7paueNuEc

6 minutes into the clip
    Don't even tip him off. Just do it the way you want to do it and if he notices then...

DrIanMalcolm on
    edited August 2009
    Nice.

Defender on
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    sound advice

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    That Ford impression is awesome.

august on
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    God Dinner For Five is one of my favoritest shows, except I don't have IFC anymore

Abracadaniel on
  • ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

There's too many of them!

I can't shake 'em!

ZeroFill on
    edited August 2009
    Pull up Porkins!

101 on
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    ZeroFill wrote: »

There's too many of them!

I can't shake 'em!

stay on target

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
    edited August 2009
    august wrote: »
    That Ford impression is awesome.

He's done a great job of branching out and getting out of Luke's shadow by getting into VA, and he's an amazing talent at it, too.

Abracadaniel on
  • ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    alternate reality EU canon: Jek Porkins delivers the killing blow to the Death Star, going on to become the heralded hero of the Rebellion forever casting Luke into obscurity

ZeroFill on
  • BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I don't remember what thread it was, but we were making fat jokes regarding Porkins and I think I pissed my pants from laughing so hard.

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
    edited August 2009
    ZeroFill wrote: »
    alternate reality EU canon: Jek Porkins delivers the killing blow to the Death Star, going on to become the heralded hero of the Rebellion forever casting Luke into obscurity

By obscuring him with his fat am I right.

august on
    edited August 2009
    His hair in the YouTube freeze-frame looks like Double Dragon (NES) or River City Ransom.

EDIT: In reference to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W7paueNuEc

Defender on
    edited August 2009
    BARF

Abracadaniel on
    edited August 2009
    Biff: "BARF!"

ZeroFill on
    edited August 2009
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    I don't remember what thread it was, but we were making fat jokes regarding Porkins and I think I pissed my pants from laughing so hard.

That's not what your avatar says you did.

Defender on
  • Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    On a sidenote, I'm not impressed by the trailer to this film at all. There's a lot of odd cuts and deliveries to it that doesn't bode well for me. By the way, why in fuck does Ewan MacGregor have a crappy American accent if he's playing a British person?

Penguin Incarnate on
    edited August 2009
    As far as I can tell he has a crappy American accent for the trailer but a English one in the actual movie.

That's how it sounds to me anyway.

august on
    edited August 2009
    That's stupid.

Penguin Incarnate on
    edited August 2009
    Isn't the trailer just parts of the movie?

101 on
    edited August 2009
    One would hope.

Penguin Incarnate on
    edited August 2009
    I meant to say the voice over of the trailer.

august on