As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX 09 Forum member badge holders

• AlphonsisAlphonsis Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yay, extra shinies. Is it weird that I'm excited about this?

^_^

Alphonsis on
    vhkbviT.png
  • Jules@Party934.comJules@Party934.com Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Man I really hope I can get to BYOC before they are all gone.

I was hoping to pick up mine before the center was open to the general public

Jules@Party934.com on
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Man I really hope I can get to BYOC before they are all gone.

I was hoping to pick up mine before the center was open to the general public

lol sorry man, BYOC (aka paying customers :P) stuff takes priority. Gotta wait for the checkin craziness to die down before I can start dedicating time to this :)
    nikasaur wrote: »
    PS- Who at the BYOC/PC Tournament center has that crazy chair with the woofers on it?

Thats me :P
    and they are tacticle transducers
    (the difference is that the transducers dont put out as much audible noise compared to their power output)

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
    edited August 2009
    I completely understand :)

Just have to remember to run to the BYOC in between stuff

Jules@Party934.com on
  • HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm just going to walk up and get one, since I'm fucking HotSake. ;)

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    HotSake wrote: »

Screw you, im making you take a test for it :P

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

You'd better get there before 5 PM then!

MetaverseNomad on
  • SpawnOfCthulhuSpawnOfCthulhu Also that Snifit guy. Gig Harbor, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I didn't get one last year, so I'm going to have to try really hard to grab one at the dinner this time.

SpawnOfCthulhu on
    Wx8ay.png
  • kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    BigRed wrote: »

Screw you, im making you take a test for it :P

Not only that, but he also has to answer 3 questions, not just one. Just to prove the fact that he is indeed HotSake and not some alien imposter from the planet Zoorb.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• seraphexseraphex Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I thought HotSake WAS an alien imposter from the planet Zoorb...

seraphex on
    If I had talent, I wouldn't need all this money.
    Twitter - @papapwnsPAX
  • seraphexseraphex Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Ok, a real (as in really real) question, most likely for Big Red. I just found out I'm going to be missing Friday and Saturday (yeah, I know). Is the plan for unclaimed badges such as mine to be held for pickup until Sunday or is the plan to jettison all remaining early on? I'd sure like to pick mine up, but I can't blame you if you'd like to move on with your life and start tossing them to random strangers come Saturday morning.

Thanks.

seraphex on
    If I had talent, I wouldn't need all this money.
    Twitter - @papapwnsPAX
    edited August 2009
    seraphex wrote: »
    Ok, a real (as in really real) question, most likely for Big Red. I just found out I'm going to be missing Friday and Saturday (yeah, I know). Is the plan for unclaimed badges such as mine to be held for pickup until Sunday or is the plan to jettison all remaining early on? <SNIP>Thanks.

This is very much a face palm moment. You see I had not planned for people only attending PAX for one day as I forgot you could do that (sorry!). I really can't see how we can get over this problem as I have no desire to burden BigRed with yet more duties than he already has. As much as I'd like to have him set some badges aside, we must allow for a first come, first serve system to be in place as it is the most fair. You may be lucky in that some will be left over for Sunday, but from the feedback on this thread an other sources, this looks to be unlikely.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• KaitouAyashiKaitouAyashi Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    kropotkin wrote: »
    seraphex wrote: »
    Ok, a real (as in really real) question, most likely for Big Red. I just found out I'm going to be missing Friday and Saturday (yeah, I know). Is the plan for unclaimed badges such as mine to be held for pickup until Sunday or is the plan to jettison all remaining early on? <SNIP>Thanks.

This is very much a face palm moment. You see I had not planned for people only attending PAX for one day as I forgot you could do that (sorry!). I really can't see how we can get over this problem as I have no desire to burden BigRed with yet more duties than he already has. As much as I'd like to have him set some badges aside, we must allow for a first come, first serve system to be in place as it is the most fair. You may be lucky in that some will be left over for Sunday, but from the feedback on this thread an other sources, this looks to be unlikely.

Anyone who is pretty active on the forums is unlikely to only be attending PAX a single day, so truly - don't worry about it. I pretty much stalked the forums 24/7 in 2007, dropped off a bit in 08 and didn't get a forumer badge last year. So if you miss out, it'll be just one more thing to shoot for at PAX2010.

KaitouAyashi on
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: i will nom all of your boxes
    [15:02] Tajah: I like you BR but I'm not letting you nom my box
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: Did I mention I hate you all? cause i do
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • DragondevonDragondevon Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    hey is there a way i can get a badge?

Dragondevon on
    "The times are duanting, its perilous to walk out your front door anymore. The enemy is everywhere, hidden in technology, smiling faces, and laziness. Though, we are not given the luxury to give up. We are the last bastion of hope for our species. We are HUMANS!!!!RAAAAAR"-Devon
    "Dude, I think he's a zombie."
    "No he's not, he's dead."
    "But he's still walking around."
    "Which makes him one of the walking dead."
    "Exactly."
    "So, he's dead."
    "No, that makes him a zombie."

"You sound like WALL-E having sex with a Speak and Spell"
  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

First, you must travel to the fires of Mt Doom........

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • MoreGreaseMoreGrease Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    SmallLady wrote: »

No, no. You've got it all backwards. That's the only way to destroy a badge. Getting one to begin with is much harder.

MoreGrease on
    Steam and PSN: FreelancePolice
  • SlickShughesSlickShughes Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    MoreGrease wrote: »
    SmallLady wrote: »

No, no. You've got it all backwards. That's the only way to destroy a badge. Getting one to begin with is much harder.

Hope you've got a one hundred and eleven year old uncle.

SlickShughes on
    edited August 2009
    well i went to mount doom and got nothing but third degree burns, i got home and read the new message about destroying it, i want one not destroy one and my uncle is about 119 now. so LOTR antics aside is there a way i can get one still? :)

Dragondevon on
    "The times are duanting, its perilous to walk out your front door anymore. The enemy is everywhere, hidden in technology, smiling faces, and laziness. Though, we are not given the luxury to give up. We are the last bastion of hope for our species. We are HUMANS!!!!RAAAAAR"-Devon
    "Exactly."
    "So, he's dead."

edited August 2009
    well i went to mount doom and got nothing but third degree burns, i got home and read the new message about destroying it, i want one not destroy one and my uncle is about 119 now. so LOTR antics aside is there a way i can get one still? :)

The badges are in fact buried in a tomb. In order to get one you must have a small sack that is the same weight as the badge and swap them over quickly. At which point a 20 ton boulder will come crashing after you. Eventually you'll be fighting off Russians, mind reading aliens and an abysmal script.

Seriously you actually need to go to the BYOC registration desk from Noon on Friday 4th September. BigRed will be manning this desk and he will ask you a question. If you answer correctly, you get the badge. Well done you.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• X1ZeroX1Zero Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Seriously you actually need to go to the BYOC registration desk from Noon on Friday 4th September. BigRed will be manning this desk and he will ask you a question. If you answer correctly, you get the badge. Well done you.

And if you answer incorrectly, you will likely be lowered slowly into a tank of sharks with laser beams attached to their heads....:P

X1Zero on
    - X1Zero
    edited August 2009
    oh man now that sucks... on one hand i get the badge on the other i get the sharks...badges are cool...but sharks are SHARKS...hmmm....

thanx for letting me know

Dragondevon on
    "Exactly."
    "So, he's dead."

• DusT_HounDDusT_HounD Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Uh, i was to understand that the Bridge of Death had to be crossed as well?

DusT_HounD on
    edited August 2009
    DusT_HounD wrote: »

No no, that's just for YOU!

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

But, can the rest of us line up and throw things while he tries to cross it?

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Cronus wrote: »

But, can the rest of us line up and throw things while he tries to cross it?

well, it wouldn't be a bridge of death then, now would it?

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Questions? When did this happen?

If your name is on the badge, obviously it's already your property.

Houn on
    edited August 2009
    I already asked that question as was told I still have to answer a question when I see Red at BYOC

Jules@Party934.com on
  • nikasaurnikasaur Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    BigRed wrote: »
    nikasaur wrote: »
    PS- Who at the BYOC/PC Tournament center has that crazy chair with the woofers on it?

Thats me :P
    and they are tacticle transducers
    (the difference is that the transducers dont put out as much audible noise compared to their power output)

Then it shall be wonderful to see you again! That chair gets scarier every year, but it was one of my funniest PAX memories, sitting in it listening to Nine Inch Nails many years ago.

nikasaur on
  • PimpMethodPimpMethod Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    What is the official list of qestions for the badges?

PimpMethod on
    edited August 2009
    PimpMethod wrote: »

The questions are still being compiled. They will be posted on this thread in a few days, along with their answers. So you can always print them out :P

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    PimpMethod wrote: »

The questions are still being compiled. They will be posted on this thread in a few days, along with their answers. So you can always print them out :P

Or prove that you are a regular and you know...just know the answers. :P

redhalo on
  • draklandraklan Chocobo in time the Frosty North... mmm FrostingRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    ok I leave for Seattle early Wednesday morning and wont be bringing my printer.. laptop yes printer no so if you want to make these questions printable please hurry I really want a badge and am worried that I wont know the answer.

draklan on
  • SpawnOfCthulhuSpawnOfCthulhu Also that Snifit guy. Gig Harbor, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Alright, so who is in charge of handing the badges out at the dinner?
    I need to know who to look for so I can grab one :3

SpawnOfCthulhu on
    Wx8ay.png
  • contrefaitcontrefait Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    draklan wrote: »
    ok I leave for Seattle early Wednesday morning and wont be bringing my printer.. laptop yes printer no so if you want to make these questions printable please hurry I really want a badge and am worried that I wont know the answer.

Must hotels have a thing called a pen and another thing called a pad of paper. What you do is you apply the pen to the paper and you can print out things by hand.

contrefait on
    PAX East 2016 Checklist
    Passes: ▬ Hotel: ▬ Flight: [color=red]☑[/color]
  • Rogue_hunterRogue_hunter Breaks Through Brick Walls Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    contrefait wrote: »

Must hotels have a thing called a pen and another thing called a pad of paper. What you do is you apply the pen to the paper and you can print out things by hand.

Or they have this other thing called a computer that can be hooked up to a printer. Said printing tends to be free as well. I hear there are also print shops or internet cafes, but those will charge you.

Rogue_hunter on
    PlayStation Network: Rogue_hunter
    Steam: Rogue_hunter
    Games for Windows Live: Roguality
    Google+
    Twitter
  • draklandraklan Chocobo in time the Frosty North... mmm FrostingRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    ick thats so oldschool. i could do that but im lazy and would rather print it :)

draklan on
  • SlickShughesSlickShughes Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    ick thats so oldschool. i could do that but im lazy and would rather print it :)

Also the whole point of laptops is that they are, you know, portable. You could tote it along with you.

SlickShughes on
    edited September 2009
    Here are the final PAX Forum Badge questions. Read and digest please. They have been created so that any regular forum member would know the answer to these questions.

1) Name THREE unofficial PAX community events:

WCTT/CCST/CST/Pre PAX Dinner/Post PAX Dinner/Assasins/Cookie Brigade/PAX Prank/PAX World Record Attempt/Post PAX Tweetup/Triwizard Drinking Tournament/PAX Buttoneers/Magical Mystery Tour/Scavenger Hunt

2) Who made the Forum Badges?

Kropotkin [Pr: KRO-POT-KIN]

3) Do Gabe and Tycho read the PAX forums?

No

4) Name the primary forum admin

Moe Fwacky

5) What colour scheme are the forums in?

Blue with white text.

6) What does CCST stand for?

Cross Country Super Trip

7) Why do key forum threads have the word [PRIME] as a prefix in their titles?

They are threads that relate to PAX'09 in Seattle as opposed to PAX'10 EAST in Boston.

8) There is a group of PAX attendees that sell crunchy and sweet foodstuffs for the Childsplay charity during the event. What is this group called?

The Cookie Brigade

9) What does WCTT stand for?

West Coast Train Trip

10) According to the forums, it is a general rule that PAX is most definately not, under any cirumstances a BLANK service. What is the 'blank'?

Dating

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

edited September 2009
    thanks Kropotkin I was hoping youd come through. most do look pretty easy but again those badges are so full of awesome I REALLY want to make sure I get one.

draklan on
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Good questions, there. Specific to the subject material, yet easy for anyone familiar with it to answer. Well done!

Houn on
This discussion has been closed.