As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warhammer 40,000] ... And I say "Space Wolf? That's my wife!"

• Captain ScurvyCaptain Scurvy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Nax wrote: »
    Plastic models means more poses and options... More options means the unit looks a lot more interesting, and has a character all its own

All those plastic poses generally end up looking the same as they would if there were 4-5 metal sculpts.

I dunno about your models, but I can go into my bag right now and pull out three full squads of marines that all have different poses and options, and each looks distinctly different from the others

yep i agree with nax, i like metal but they get boring overlaping (see sturnguard) if im running more than 5 guys they look the same UNLESS i have different ones ala my tryanic war vets. My plastic assault termies on the otherhand look diff each one.

Captain Scurvy on
    [Enter Witty Catch Phrase Here]
  • SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Space Hulk GET!

Man, this thing is beautiful. And really heavy. I tried to pick up the box on my doorstop one-handed and almost failed. :P

*edit*
    I just picked up one of the cardboard tunnel pieces, and the sheet is so well cut they practically fell right out of the sprue. Also, when I read the 1/12 in the corner, I started cackling.

If you don't mind me askin' When did you order yours? I'm in the same boat as tim, i ordered mine on the 19th and was wondering if i should be giddy about heading home today or not :)

I ordered mine the day it was put online and my order is still being processed.

SJ on
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    SJ wrote: »
    Space Hulk GET!

Man, this thing is beautiful. And really heavy. I tried to pick up the box on my doorstop one-handed and almost failed. :P

*edit*
    I just picked up one of the cardboard tunnel pieces, and the sheet is so well cut they practically fell right out of the sprue. Also, when I read the 1/12 in the corner, I started cackling.

If you don't mind me askin' When did you order yours? I'm in the same boat as tim, i ordered mine on the 19th and was wondering if i should be giddy about heading home today or not :)

So basically we all hate gabe then...

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Space Hulk GET!

*edit*

I can only hope my order is still going through. The website still says "dispatched" and I ordered it in the morning of the 17th.

Dispatched? I ordered mine around 8:00 PST on the 17th and it still shows "Order Being Processed". Now I'm worried. Hasn't been charged yet either.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Morskittar wrote: »
    Space Hulk GET!

*edit*

I can only hope my order is still going through. The website still says "dispatched" and I ordered it in the morning of the 17th.

Dispatched? I ordered mine around 8:00 PST on the 17th and it still shows "Order Being Processed". Now I'm worried. Hasn't been charged yet either.

When I look at the order details it specifically says "shipped" but I haven't been charged yet which worries me. Maybe I'll be lucky and get it without having to pay. I did get two entire Ravenwing battleforces for free from GW in the past...

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Morskittar wrote: »
    Space Hulk GET!

*edit*

When I look at the order details it specifically says "shipped" but I haven't been charged yet which worries me. Maybe I'll be lucky and get it without having to pay. I did get two entire Ravenwing battleforces for free from GW in the past...

I gather GW's going to be getting a whole bunch of calls in the morning.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    gogo ordering from my FLGS :P

Nax on
    The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Damn it! I want to play Space Hulk right now so bad! Why don't I have any friends!?!

Play it with imaginary friends! Just cut out a picture of my avatar and stick it to a chair, then rock and roll.
    Just for the record, I want to amend that to, 'why don't I have any friends that play warhammer?' Because I've got lots of friends, plenty of them, honest! :cry:
    Space Hulk GET!

*edit*

So basically we all hate gabe then...
    I order mine on the 17th, so make of that what you will.

Terminators are assembled, now to get started on the genestealers. Man, of all the times I had to completely run out of primer...

Gabriel_Pitt on
    edited September 2009
    Well, I pretty much know what the response to this question will be, but I am going to ask anyways. Going to participate in a pretty slow escalation system to teach a bunch of new people to play / for fun / to get better.

I am thinking I am going to start a new force for the purpose of this escalation alone... It will not be used for any other games until the escalation is done, and the force is completed (painted and everything).

I think I have narrowed it down to two armies/concepts. I'd like to hear thoughts....

Option A: "Big Mekz Rejekz" - Ork force with all units having some sort of random factor involved each turn. Weirdboyz, SAGs, Stormboyz, etc etc etc.

Option 2: Tau Recon Advance Force - Pathfinders, Piranha, Stealth Suits, etc.

I am going strictly for theme here... I don't care about competitiveness or any of that serious stuff. Just want to have a cohesive force that makes sense together and is really cool

Nax on
    The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
    edited September 2009
    Well, I pretty much know what the response to this question will be, but I am going to ask anyways. Going to participate in a pretty slow escalation system to teach a bunch of new people to play / for fun / to get better.

I am thinking I am going to start a new force for the purpose of this escalation alone... It will not be used for any other games until the escalation is done, and the force is completed (painted and everything).

I think I have narrowed it down to two armies/concepts. I'd like to hear thoughts....

Option A: "Big Mekz Rejekz" - Ork force with all units having some sort of random factor involved each turn. Weirdboyz, SAGs, Stormboyz, etc etc etc.

I am going strictly for theme here... I don't care about competitiveness or any of that serious stuff. Just want to have a cohesive force that makes sense together and is really cool

I actually kinda of like the Tau idea. Keeping it slow and stealthy would be fairly unique.

Librarian's ghost on

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

I actually kinda of like the Tau idea. Keeping it slow and stealthy would be fairly unique.

nothing about those tau is slow

PiptheFair on
    edited September 2009
    I'd play the setup as slow...first few turns positioning and setting up the trap/ambush.. and then BAM! Everything takes off and my opponent is surrounded.

Thats the plan, anyways, if I go that route

Nax on
  • UnarmedOracleUnarmedOracle Evolution's Finest Hour Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    That route sounds awesome.

Also: stealth suits are rad.

UnarmedOracle on
    signature.jpg
    edited September 2009
    PiptheFair wrote: »

I meant slow and stealthy like a cat. A whole army revolving around the fluff of getting into position without being seen then pouncing. Basically that army is Batman. Ok I've been playing that game too much.

Librarian's ghost on

• It BurnsIt Burns Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    More like taurrific m i rite?

It Burns on
    The slowest painter. Ever.
  • MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    My Space Hulk order has been 'dispatched' and my credit card charged.

Matrias on
    3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
    edited September 2009
    wow..surprising amount of support for the Tau.. I did not see this coming :)

Nax on
    edited September 2009

I meant slow and stealthy like a cat. A whole army revolving around the fluff of getting into position without being seen then pouncing. Basically that army is Batman. Ok I've been playing that game too much.

man what

pathfinders are required to take a fish and pirhana are all like WRRRRR VROOOOM

PiptheFair on
  • MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I echo Tau. Ninja Tau sounds like a lot of fun!

Also, there's too much Ork love around here already.

Matrias on
    3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
    edited September 2009
    ain't nothin' wrong with being an ork lover

PiptheFair on
  • It BurnsIt Burns Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Seriously, Tau are awesome. Go with Tau. It feels nice to play the good guys one in a while. :winky:

It Burns on
    The slowest painter. Ever.
    edited September 2009
    THERE ARE NO GOOD GUYS

IN THE GRIM DARKNESS OF THE FUTURE, THERE IS ONLY MORAL AMBIGUITY

PiptheFair on
  • ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2009
    I also vote tau, I would love to hear about some stealth actions.

ElderCat on
    DO3O00C.png
  • ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2009
    Damn it! I want to play Space Hulk right now so bad! Why don't I have any friends!?!

I believe the answer is self explainatory.

ElderCat on
    DO3O00C.png
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I joined the greater good and all I got was a lower sperm-count :(

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
    edited September 2009
    I joined the greater good and all I got was COMPLETE AND TOTAL LOYALTY TO THE ETHEREALS. ALL GLORY TO THE ETHEREALS.
    hypnotoad.gif

Librarian's ghost on

edited September 2009
    somebody expressing dissent from the greater good?

PiptheFair on
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Well it's not like you all haven't seen better pictures a hundred times before, but still, thirty-some models, and a big box full of cardboard tiles!

hulk001.jpg

hulk003.jpg

Even with all the hypnotoad all hail hypnotoad all hail hypnotoad

Gabriel_Pitt on
    edited September 2009
    Tau are gay

SJ on
    edited September 2009
    The words of a man who has obviously been forced to spend too much time sucking the wrong end of the kroot rifle, if you know what I mean.
    Do you? Because I don't.

So, is it just slightly OCD that I not only drilled out the barrels on the Space Hulk storm bolters, but then did so on the assault cannon as well? And then went and drilled out the hurricane bolters on two LR Crusaders, as well as the barrels on the plastic TL assault cannons?

Gabriel_Pitt on
    edited September 2009
    Tau are gay

so's your face

PiptheFair on
    edited September 2009
    Tau are gay

so's your face

Unfortunately for the Tau this means nothing

SJ on
  • RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So, I have a coupon in my hand for 40% off all store merchandise at my LGS.

When I got this, I had to go check their blog, just to make sure they weren't going out of business. But no, its just a promotion. They carry every 40k SKU there, and the only limit is how much you can carry out of the store. Also, it doesn't expire until november, so I can save up!

I need new pants now, though, so mixed blessings.

(I can't share the discount, sorry).

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • zatarzatar Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I am waiting for space hulk, but to shorten the wait I made this:
    shand.jpg

It's a timer for mobile phones running android.
    Other than that it's quite useless. :)

zatar on
    Playing as Tvisling Draygo on Europa-Farstar
    edited September 2009
    List I'm considering running after some small purchases(Plasma guns and a valkyrie... $35 valkyries will make my day).
    1500 Points Codex: Imperial Guard

HQ: Platoon Command Squad w/ 3x Plasma Guns = 95

Troops: 10x Veterans w/ 3x Melta guns = 100
    *Dedicated Chimera w/ Heavy Flamer, Multi-laser = 55

Troops: 10x Veterans w/ 3x Melta guns = 100
    *Dedicated Chimera w/ Heavy Flamer, Heavy Bolter = 55

Troops: Platoon
    -Platoon Command Squad w/ 4x Flamers = 50
    *Dedicated Chimera w/ Multi-laser, Heavy Bolter = 55
    -Infantry Squad w/ Mortar = 55
    -Infantry Squad w/ Mortar = 55

Fast Attack: Valkyrie w/ 2x Multiple Rocket Pods = 130
    Fast Attack: Hellhound = 130

Heavy: 2x Leman Russ Battle Tanks w/ Hull Lascannons = 330
    Heavy: Leman Russ Demolisher = 165
    Heavy: Basilisk = 125

Raslin on

• TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Where the hell are you getting $35 Valks?

<edit> Duh haha. Previous post. But that's friggin' amazing. I'd kill for that price.
    <doublt edit> That list is pretty light on anti-armor. And why mortars in line squads? Just get a mortar heavy weapons team. Nobody ever prioritizes them. You'll want your line squads moving. Give em grenade launchers or autocannons or something.

TheBog on
    edited September 2009
    TheBog wrote: »
    Where the hell are you getting $35 Valks?

<edit> Duh haha. Previous post. But that's friggin' amazing. I'd kill for that price.
    <doublt edit> That list is pretty light on anti-armor. And why mortars in line squads? Just get a mortar heavy weapons team. Nobody ever prioritizes them. You'll want your line squads moving. Give em grenade launchers or autocannons or something.

The line squads are actually not for moving. Their whole purpose is to sit and hold an objective in or very near my deployment zone, and make sure I don't get screwed by having my vet squads vaporized. I realize my anti-tank isn't great, but unless I'm going up against another heavy armour IG list, I should have enough AT to pretty much slow them down until the veterans clean up. Still, I could give the PCS two melta guns, or two flamers and give the line squads autocannons like I originally planned(though this doesn't quite fit with the fluff I have for the list).

I don't really like HWT's, overpriced and no warm bodies to soak up wounds. The mortars are there to give the line squads something to shoot at every turn, a wound soak(It takes 10 bolter wounds without cover to kill a line squad, 20 to kill one with a heavy weapon[in the same shooting phase]), and its fluffy(the infantry are meant to dig in near the basilisk, and set up a bit of a mobile artillery base).

Raslin on

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Well in a little research I found they shipped my copy of Space hulk yesterday

Still the mail theft warning has me paranoid again

Brainleech on
  • Captain ScurvyCaptain Scurvy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Ok then im going to vote for Big Mekz and here is why, your right about the tau but your breaking in NEWBIE'S. So crushing the everloving shit out of them on turn 4 or 5 is gonna be demoralizing. I know from personal experience that orks are hilarious to watch play even when your losing. If your getting crushed, but his shokk attackgun blew itself to pieces, or his warboss kills himself in his waaaaggg run you feel a little better. From a Newb perspective i say go with the big meks.

Captain Scurvy on
    [Enter Witty Catch Phrase Here]
  • AyanaAyana Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Ok then im going to vote for Big Mekz and here is why, your right about the tau but your breaking in NEWBIE'S. So crushing the everloving shit out of them on turn 4 or 5 is gonna be demoralizing. I know from personal experience that orks are hilarious to watch play even when your losing. If your getting crushed, but his shokk attackgun blew itself to pieces, or his warboss kills himself in his waaaaggg run you feel a little better. From a Newb perspective i say go with the big meks.

I've only ever played Nax - two times were against Orks. I've never seen anything but complete and utter defeat. "Demoralizing" is a pretty good term to describe it. Nothing bad has ever happened to them to make me feel even a little bit better.

I suggested Tau so I at least have something different to look at while I'm getting tabled.
    Nax cheats.

Ayana on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]