As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warhammer 40,000] ... And I say "Space Wolf? That's my wife!"

• alqadimalqadim Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    @ tim alot compared to what you are shipping in them indeed. But if you use flat rate you can usually ship stuff for 15 bucks or so. I know I just sent a big box of bits out to Spain and it was only like 12 bucks.

@ eldercat I'll make you a deal ;) We're going to setup a big game day where we lock the commanders of each army into the private apocalypse room. And have 4 large battles going on at once for the whole day with some fun event type stuff. I'll keep the SH box as a prize for that day (in the next 30 days)

alqadim on
  • Captain ScurvyCaptain Scurvy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So i just looked over my new calgar model, he comes with a freaking powersword! So i check his wargear holy crap he actually can use it. Hes so badass if you dont wanna punch with your dual choke an avatar PF you can chop its head off. thats awsome!

Captain Scurvy on
    [Enter Witty Catch Phrase Here]
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I was thinking that the Battlefoam thing was a slightly extravagant indulgence, and I'd just put them all in Sabol trays like the rest of my minis, and then I stopped and thought about how hard it would be to suitably stash them with all their myriad shapes and odd poses. I guess that I am going to have to order one of those too.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    @Tim: what happened to your avatar?!

@Scurvy: L2Read unit entries.

@thread: so, after the overwhelming support for Tau, my "Big Mekz Rejekz" project will be put on hold. The Tau Expeditionary Force will be the focus, starting with a recon force of a crisis suit commander, some path finders, fire warriors, and some kroot.

Nax on
    The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • etoychestetoychest Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I was thinking that the Battlefoam thing was a slightly extravagant indulgence, and I'd just put them all in Sabol trays like the rest of my minis, and then I stopped and thought about how hard it would be to suitably stash them with all their myriad shapes and odd poses. I guess that I am going to have to order one of those too.

Yea, the poses thing is what sold me on it. Speaking of which, these wacky poses also make for some silly new facing rules.

etoychest on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    It's all for the greater good, brother.

Wildcat on
    edited September 2009
    Nax wrote: »

@Scurvy: L2Read unit entries.

@thread: so, after the overwhelming support for Tau, my "Big Mekz Rejekz" project will be put on hold. The Tau Expeditionary Force will be the focus, starting with a recon force of a crisis suit commander, some path finders, fire warriors, and some kroot.

Common man who would expect him to have a sword when he is wielding 2 PF thats just insanity! awsome insanity but insanity none the less. BTW you coming on sat for planetstrike?

Captain Scurvy on
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    etoychest wrote: »

Yea, the poses thing is what sold me on it. Speaking of which, these wacky poses also make for some silly new facing rules.
    What do you mean? You determine facing by which way the head is pointing. Seems a pretty simple solution when you have models with myriad poses and no standard base.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Tim posted in the Sony Emotion Engine photoshop thread over in G&T.
    Someone with way too much time on their hands went through and edited the avatars of everyone who had posted.

see317 on
  • etoychestetoychest Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    What do you mean? You determine facing by which way the head is pointing. Seems a pretty simple solution when you have models with myriad poses and no standard base.

It's just open to more interpretation than the old cut and dry way, and with the heads all tilted and cocked I'm waiting for the "no I wasn't facing the corner, yes you were, no I...".

etoychest on
    edited September 2009
    have to work saturday.... Have to work every saturday. Only time I have for a game at the shop these days is that period on tuesdays between 2 and 4:30.

Been looking for a new job for awhile, with the hopes of getting something more 8 to 5 with a solid schedule, but nothing has come up yet

Nax on
    The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Sharp101 wrote: »
    In my quest to find more powerclaws that would befit a proper warboss on a warbike I came across the following image. Now I started playing Inquisitor way back when it first came out but have long since lost track of the models and rules. but I do remember the models were quite a bit larger than standard 40k models.

That being said I'm not sure if proportionately these would work on a warbike mounted boss without really ramping up the size of boss the warboss and the bike. (Not necessarily a bad thing but might lead to even more conversions to adjust the bike)

The other question, am i getting in over my head in terms of chopping apart a miniature like this? IIRC all the inquisitor models are solid pewter.

Worst case scenario i might be able to recreate these powerclaws on my own but i was thinking if i could easily harvest these and they weren't too big it might save me alot of trouble. (Also consider my recreations would probably be nowhere near the detail of these.)

The end result might be worth all the effort though, i just don't know if these claws would be TOO big.
    m1184311_99111399033_INQKriegerMain_445x319.jpg

The claws are the wrong scale and are far too large to work on a 40k model. For reference, an Inquisitor Warboss is probably just a smidge larger than a 40k Carnifex.

From what I remember, the arms on that Inq Model are modified Gahzskull arms...

I don't think i'll make the warboss the correct size for those arms, on the contrary I was hoping the arms would be massive on the warboss but not to the point of being ridiculous. Does anyone know an actual scale comparison from say a standard 28mm unit compared to a 40mm unit in terms of height, I realize a Warboss in inquisitor scale would be as large as a carnifex but warbosses in general are larger than standard unit by quite a bit and i'm not too sure how large the unit int he picture is in terms of height.

If they are indeed comparable to Thrakka's arm in terms of size then I think they would work really well with limited modification. but if it's too big i'll just take a stab at recreating them.

But a question to any converters on here. How easy/difficult is it to cut through pewter? Is there any specific tool i should invest in?

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
    edited September 2009
    Jeweler's saw.
    etoychest wrote: »

It's just open to more interpretation than the old cut and dry way, and with the heads all tilted and cocked I'm waiting for the "no I wasn't facing the corner, yes you were, no I...".
    That's easily solved though by looking at the model. The helmets make determining the direction they're looking pretty distinct. Unless you're talking about arguments occurring after the model has been moved around, in which case it'd be a whole lot harder.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    see317 wrote: »
    Tim posted in the Sony Emotion Engine photoshop thread over in G&T.
    Someone with way too much time on their hands went through and edited the avatars of everyone who had posted.

Correct. He went to the effort so I figure I'll use it for a little bit.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Mystery.ShadowMystery.Shadow Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Ziac45 wrote: »
    Nax' Guide To Destroying Titans In Apocalypse Games:
    Don't play in Apocalypse games with unbalanced amounts of super heavies

We have been doing it like that for awhile, much to the bitching of the guy with a ridiculous amount of baneblades.

Next time he wants to bring four BaneBlades, let's see how he likes getting eaten by four Hireophants.

Mystery.Shadow on
    WARNING! MMO Addiction can Prevent Long-Term Employment, a Meaningful Relationship, and Financial Independence. When's the Next Raid?

I Spent 90% of my Money on Women and Warhammer. The Rest I Wasted.
  • XOCentricXOCentric Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Question:

Can I use an inquisitor scale warboss for normal 40k?

Because they are fucking awesome looking.

Also, where can I buy one?

XOCentric on
    steam: xo_centric uplay: xocentric
  • JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Place at the tableRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    40k is really hard to just pick a scale for because of the cartoonish body types - but Inquistor is approximately double. You can half most measurements and play a decent game of inquistor with your 40k stuff.

(although at that point you might look at Necromunda as well)

JohnnyCache on
    edited September 2009
    1: If you want to, but it's going to look ridiculously out of scale.

The statue is an Inquisitor figure, the tallern regular 40k.
    statue003.jpg

2: From GW online.

Gabriel_Pitt on
    edited September 2009
    @ Gabriel: is that entire statue including base the size, or did someone take a figure and turn it into a terrain piece, just for reference.

**EDIT** I know it will look ridiculously large, but that's the main reason I want to do it, then maybe have a bunch of 40k sized warbosses for his nobz retinue. :D

XOCentric on
  • JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Place at the tableRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    1: If you want to, but it's going to look ridiculously out of scale.

The statue is an Inquisitor figure, the tallern regular 40k.
    statue003.jpg

2: From GW online.

GW stuff as a whole places the rule of cool WAY ahead of accuracy to their scale - they pretty much take the POV that if it fits on the base, it's to scale. To say nothing of the actual proportions of some of the models. but if that guy stood up straight and you gave the battle sister credit for being pretty tall, the tallern is close enough to 1/2 of her height that you can dummy up Inquisitor games with 40 stuff.

As far as using the ork inquisitor figure's pk on a 40k model, since he's a little less cartoony than the 40k warbosses, it would probably fit on a walking one, but I think it would look a little tippy on a biker

JohnnyCache on
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Sharp101 wrote: »
    In my quest to find more powerclaws that would befit a proper warboss on a warbike I came across the following image. Now I started playing Inquisitor way back when it first came out but have long since lost track of the models and rules. but I do remember the models were quite a bit larger than standard 40k models.

That being said I'm not sure if proportionately these would work on a warbike mounted boss without really ramping up the size of boss the warboss and the bike. (Not necessarily a bad thing but might lead to even more conversions to adjust the bike)

The other question, am i getting in over my head in terms of chopping apart a miniature like this? IIRC all the inquisitor models are solid pewter.

Worst case scenario i might be able to recreate these powerclaws on my own but i was thinking if i could easily harvest these and they weren't too big it might save me alot of trouble. (Also consider my recreations would probably be nowhere near the detail of these.)

The end result might be worth all the effort though, i just don't know if these claws would be TOO big.
    m1184311_99111399033_INQKriegerMain_445x319.jpg

The claws are the wrong scale and are far too large to work on a 40k model. For reference, an Inquisitor Warboss is probably just a smidge larger than a 40k Carnifex.

From what I remember, the arms on that Inq Model are modified Gahzskull arms...

I don't think i'll make the warboss the correct size for those arms, on the contrary I was hoping the arms would be massive on the warboss but not to the point of being ridiculous. Does anyone know an actual scale comparison from say a standard 28mm unit compared to a 40mm unit in terms of height, I realize a Warboss in inquisitor scale would be as large as a carnifex but warbosses in general are larger than standard unit by quite a bit and i'm not too sure how large the unit int he picture is in terms of height.

If they are indeed comparable to Thrakka's arm in terms of size then I think they would work really well with limited modification. but if it's too big i'll just take a stab at recreating them.

But a question to any converters on here. How easy/difficult is it to cut through pewter? Is there any specific tool i should invest in?

I'm almost 100% they are the same size as Ghazghkull's arms.

From this site: http://ruinouspowers.com/skaven/augmented_rat_ogres.html

Ghazghkull's Arms
    ghoritch-1.jpg

Krieger's Arms
    augmented_rat_ogre_2-1.jpg

Sharp101 on
    edited September 2009
    gazgul is in MA though he would look a little tippy on a bike

edit:

40k warboss w krieger arm looks like this

http://www.the-waaagh.com/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=22271&view=findpost&p=328620

JohnnyCache on
    edited September 2009
    I put it on the base to make an objective out of it. Here's the original.

And you're not understanding why ridiculously huge is a bad thing. He's going to look completely out of scale. Ein's humungous warboss works because he's obviously massively muscled, and overgrown. Using an inquisitor sized model means he's going to look like the rest, only for some reason, twice as big.

Also, it doesn't seem to be for sale on the GW sight. Where are you seeing it?

@Johnny: Unless I misunderstood the op somehow, we're not talking about using the arms, he was talking about using the whole model mixed in with his 40K minis.

Gabriel_Pitt on
    edited September 2009
    I put it on the base to make an objective out of it. Here's the original.

And you're not understanding why ridiculously huge is a bad thing. He's going to look completely out of scale. Ein's humungous warboss works because he's obviously massively muscled, and overgrown. Using an inquisitor sized model means he's going to look like the rest, only for some reason, twice as big.

Also, it doesn't seem to be for sale on the GW sight. Where are you seeing it?

I don't think THIS PARTICULAR Inq. model would look that out of place subbed for a warboss, since it's a rather "realistic" take on on ork and the GW versions are so cartoony they approach his proportions anyway.

JohnnyCache on
  • RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    As for new title...

"Warhammer 40K: Space hulk arrives, red marines are the new green marines"

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
    edited September 2009
    Warhammer 40k: Genestealers: "They... Came... From... Behind!!"

Nax on
    edited September 2009
    Wahammer 40k: Angels, bugs, and power-armored hugs. :D

But yeah, I'm sure with enough greenstuff, bitz and gubbinz I can make a massive warboss look like more than just a 2x bigger-than-normal warboss. Anyways, just wanted to know about the game-legal issues behind my project.

XOCentric on
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    XOCentric wrote: »

Yes. This.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Yes. This.
    Double this.

Wildcat on
    edited September 2009

But yeah, I'm sure with enough greenstuff, bitz and gubbinz I can make a massive warboss look like more than just a 2x bigger-than-normal warboss. Anyways, just wanted to know about the game-legal issues behind my project.
    Of that, there are none.

Anyway, I'll get started on the new thread if no one has any objections, or further suggestions.

Gabriel_Pitt on
    edited September 2009
    have to work saturday.... Have to work every saturday. Only time I have for a game at the shop these days is that period on tuesdays between 2 and 4:30.

Been looking for a new job for awhile, with the hopes of getting something more 8 to 5 with a solid schedule, but nothing has come up yet

Ouch sorry man didnt know. Bah assembling my lord Calgar of awsome i managed to drip superglue on my workshirt sweet!

Captain Scurvy on
    edited September 2009
    Does anybody have all the 'angry marine' pictures stashed somewhere? I'd like to add those to the 'cool stuff' section.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    You should add Doctor Thunder's female space marines to the Cool Stuff section as well.

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
    edited September 2009
    You should add Doctor Thunder's female space marines to the Cool Stuff section as well.

If you suddenly feel a sharp pain in your back, that's SJ who's just walked up and stabbed you with a large blunt knife.

Librarian's ghost on

edited September 2009
    How about a gallery of all the cool custom dice we've gotten from chessex? Was that all earlier in this thread, or in the last one?

Gabriel_Pitt on
    edited September 2009
    I think it was last thread, but I have a pic of my ba dice next to scurvys imperium dice. I forget where I have it hosted though (if even still at all, I went on a purge and cancelled three of my hosting accounts). I will post it when I get home

Nax on
    edited September 2009

If you suddenly feel a sharp pain in your back, that's SJ who's just walked up and stabbed you with a large blunt knife.

Female space marines as an IDEA I'm not opposed to but Dr Thunder's specific, weird fannon for them kind of skeeves me out

JohnnyCache on
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    How about a gallery of all the cool custom dice we've gotten from chessex? Was that all earlier in this thread, or in the last one?

This is the sort of thing that would be great for Shiftedmatrix....

*hint hint*

(I need the pictures!)

Sharp101 on
  • ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2009
    Warhammer 40k: SPACE HULK SMASH!

ElderCat on
    IWBRLjC.png
    edited September 2009
    I think it was last thread, but I have a pic of my ba dice next to scurvys imperium dice. I forget where I have it hosted though (if even still at all, I went on a purge and cancelled three of my hosting accounts). I will post it when I get home

ya pretty sure last thread in the late 90's

Captain Scurvy on