As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TF2] The Anthology Edition

• Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    not only were you not in the top spot but you lost to a spy

:smug:

tofu on
  • Options
    LittleBootsLittleBoots Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    KittenMittens has axe.

LittleBoots on

Tofu wrote: Here be Littleboots, destroyer of threads and master of drunkposting.
  • Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I had no idea I had such a low ping.

Cool deal.

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    PatboyXPatboyX Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I logged into the Drama Chamber and, for the first time since I started playing, it was actually full of drama.

I blame halos.

PatboyX on
    "lenny bruce is not afraid..."
    brush1rt1.jpg
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I outsniped flippy so many times tonight that he rageswitched to scout.

[tiny]where so many = twice, and I think he just switched to scout because he was playing horribly. Headshotting kimchi as scout twice was great though[/tiny]

L|ama on
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    my ping is awesome and is frequently my excuse for not playing all that well or not playing that many classes

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'd play on the PA servers more if it weren't for the fact that bad ping makes me a horrible spy. And I love me some spy.

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    Roland_tHTGRoland_tHTG Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Viv, you made badlands hilarious last night.

Roland_tHTG on
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    glad I could help

I should always play Engy on that map, I'm bad at everything else on it but at least I have more fun being a bad Engy than a bad anything else

plus sometimes I fluke it and do reasonably well

that round wasn't one of those flukes

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    TK-42-1TK-42-1 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    ew

look at me, not at the top spot

ew

you know you need me, baby.

also i got the stainless pot last night. heh.

TK-42-1 on
    sig.jpgsmugriders.gif
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I spend far too much time on the ANZTF2MUG server. I know I know, fastspawn are bad. It's just too much fun to play there since all the people are so hilarious. It's like the PA servers have fastspawn and are based in Australia.

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    I spend far too much time on the ANZTF2MUG server. I know I know, fastspawn are bad. It's just too much fun to play there since all the people are so hilarious. It's like the PA servers have fastspawn and are based in Australia.

Having fun is what the game is about. Don't listen to people that give you shit for playing on a fast respawn. Now go out there and be somebody.

TK-42-1 on
    sig.jpgsmugriders.gif
  • Options
    MeepZeroMeepZero Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So aparantly, because I shunned my ill gained unlocks and threw away my decietful stats from before they did all this. I have shown Valve that I have come back to the light.

They gave me a halo for turning back to the light side :D

MeepZero on
    Aprjs.png
    sig.jpg
  • Options
    undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    MeepZero wrote: »
    So aparantly, because I shunned my ill gained unlocks and threw away my decietful stats from before they did all this. I have shown Valve that I have come back to the light.

They gave me a halo for turning back to the light side :D

? explain more good sir.

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Lorahalo wrote: »

oh hey I go in there a bunch... or at least I used to, they are some chatty folks and while that's fun most of the fun, on more than one occasion I've died because people didn't hear me tell them about a Spy in the area because they couldn't hear me over the chatter

next time you're in there I'll pop in and join you

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hmm is my sig working?

EDIT: Hey look! It is!

I have been enjoying the sniper lately.

marty_0001 on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    it'd look better if you used the TF2 font for the "to," which you can since you put it into a picture rather than as text

but otherwise, nice

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I like the idea, but the 'to' is a bit hard to read on the pale blue background.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    so does that mean sniper, shooting, the way, to 1000 kills?

TK-42-1 on
    sig.jpgsmugriders.gif
  • Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Where do I get this font? (my photoshop skills are woeful) And how can it be hard to read when it's white like the text on the forums?

And hee hee the halo shows up on cloaked spies, what fun. Think they're all safe with their fancy cloaks...

EDIT
    It is four sniper achievements, set to the standards the sniper gives in the Meet the Sniper video:
    Be polite, be efficient, have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

marty_0001 on
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    You can't Be Polite when wearing a Halo.

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    this is pretty dumb but I enjoyed it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayrNrP0KtOo

MrDelish on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Hurrr the youtube comments on the meet the sniper video are debating whether the sniper is Australian or not and it hurts to read.
    i know! x3 hes also australian (did i spell that right?) and everyone knows that all great snipers r australian
    xD
    maby he is half british and australian?
    When he's in the car he sounds Australian and he says 'mate' alot which is pretty much only used as Australian slang. But he does have a British accent. But he also seems more comfortable in the desert and England doesn't have too much Desert, but Australia does.

Look I know accents can sometimes be tricky but come on?

marty_0001 on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    marty_0001 wrote: »
    It is four sniper achievements, set to the standards the sniper gives in the Meet the Sniper video:

HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR I should know these things.

TK-42-1 on
    sig.jpgsmugriders.gif
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The voice actor is English doing an Australian accent, if I recall. Apparently the scout's voice actor is Australian though, which confuses me more.

L|ama on
  • Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    L|ama wrote: »
    The voice actor is English doing an Australian accent, if I recall. Apparently the scout's voice actor is Australian though, which confuses me more.

They've said that they did that on purpose because they all wanted to have fake over-the-top sounding accents.

chrono_traveller on
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Where do I get this font? (my photoshop skills are woeful) And how can it be hard to read when it's white like the text on the forums?

The background of your sig image is light blue, which doesn't contrast well with the white colour of 'to'.

Unless the IE6 I'm reading this on can't handle .PNGs correctly...

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    MrDelish wrote: »
    this is pretty dumb but I enjoyed it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayrNrP0KtOo

When he said "Good thing i'm indestructable" and got tapped by the briefcase followed immediately by the "you are dead" l4d screen I about spit my drink all over my fucking laptop.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    TK-42-1 wrote: »

Are you hurring because you feel silly or because you think I implied that you should know better, because I didn't mean to offend

And maybe tomorrow I will knock up a bit of a background for the image so it looks better.

marty_0001 on
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    glad I could help

I should always play Engy on that map, I'm bad at everything else on it but at least I have more fun being a bad Engy than a bad anything else

Play as Engineer

Roll with the corp

Gumpy on
  • Options
    TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    the ol' timer needs to make a new thread

he brings drama like a moth to the flame.

TyrantCow on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

Are you hurring because you feel silly or because you think I implied that you should know better, because I didn't mean to offend

And maybe tomorrow I will knock up a bit of a background for the image so it looks better.

its cause i feel silly not figuring it out. also dont listen to the guy bitching about contrast. he shouldnt be using IE6 to begin with. it looks fine in both chrome and ie8

TK-42-1 on
    sig.jpgsmugriders.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2009

its cause i feel silly not figuring it out. also dont listen to the guy bitching about contrast. he shouldnt be using IE6 to begin with. it looks fine in both chrome and ie8

also firefox it looks fine

undeinPirat on
  • Options
    Quaz and WallyQuaz and Wally Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Is it breaking the TOS to write an external program that doesn't connect to steam in anyway, but modifies script files mid game? I mean, how would they even detect that?

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Is it breaking the TOS to write an external program that doesn't connect to steam in anyway, but modifies script files mid game? I mean, how would they even detect that?

well, i do that manually sometimes... some automation through something like python doesn't scream "vac ban" to me. to be sure I would shoot an email to... i dunno. maybe the valve people always send emails to? i've never sent one.

either way, it would be impossible to detect that it was a program changing script files mid game, as one can do it manually and they don't seem to care.

fake edit: i remember a demo saver program type thing that modified your demo bind to the current time/date so that you wouldn't overwrite your demo each time you recorded and I don't remember any crackdown on that.

undeinPirat on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I'm just toying with the idea of a scripted based idler. But it's probably more effort than it's worth.

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Are we done arguing about hats? Is it safe to make a new thread, one with no hat discussion?

xzzy on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Gumpy wrote: »
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    glad I could help

Play as Engineer

Roll with the corp
    Engi Corp < Bear Corp

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    xzzy wrote: »
    Are we done arguing about hats? Is it safe to make a new thread, one with no hat discussion?

Make it part of the OP so people discussing the hat rapture are off topic.

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Are we done asking if we're done arguing about hats? Is it safe to make a new thread, one with no no hat discussion discussion?

RonaldoTheGypsy on