As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[DDO] D&D Online now free to play!

• Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Well its too late now! Actually it really isnt and that name is pretty awesome.. I'm gonna remake :D

Aww cant use numbers.. Looks like Punchbot Five Thousand it is

Who should I talk to get into the guild? The game just tells me Kanen Hightower isn't a valid character.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    downloading now, says it will be done in hour and a half. Got 500 free points for being in the beta, so still need to figure out what I am going to be.

Morkath on
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Well its too late now! Actually it really isnt and that name is pretty awesome.. I'm gonna remake :D

Who should I talk to get into the guild? The game just tells me Kanen Hightower isn't a valid character.

Kristopf is an officer. He might still be online. I will be online in a little while myself.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Try just Kanen, and add it to your friends. Kristopf is also an officer and so is Tajune.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Tell me how does this look?

lookoutstest.jpg

I've not much skill with photoshop.

Axen on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Axen wrote: »
    Tell me how does this look?

lookoutstest.jpg

I've not much skill with photoshop.

Needs more ham.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Hah, I thought about the tag line "Come get in on this ham!".

edit-

lookoutstest2.jpg

Or you can always go the embarrassing quote path.
    lookoutstest3.jpg

Axen on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Definately the second one. That quote was great when it happened.

Elimination on
  • Options
    elliotw2elliotw2 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Draeven wrote: »
    Random on a side note you can't play a warforged unless you pay for access to one. Just an FYI.

You can, but you have to play more, according to the launcher you don't have to pay for the turbine points, just play a lot and you should get them

elliotw2 on
    camo_sig2.pngXBL:Elliotw3|PSN:elliotw2
  • Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    so turbine points accumulate over time and can then be used to open areas and or locked races ?

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    edited September 2009
    Alright, here is my template. Feel free to make your own or do whatever you wish with it.

template-1.jpg

edit-

We, The Lookouts, are planning on going through one of the bigger (if not biggest) low level dungeons tonight(ish). It's going to be a lot of fun. So if you want to join us send Tajune, Kristopf, or Kanen a message in game. Tajune is online right now. You can also leave a post here with your in game name, we check here often.

edit 2- Yes Draeven. That is indeed how it works. Which is a bit of a surprise to me really.

Axen on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    elliotw2 wrote: »
    Draeven wrote: »
    Random on a side note you can't play a warforged unless you pay for access to one. Just an FYI.

You can, but you have to play more, according to the launcher you don't have to pay for the turbine points, just play a lot and you should get them

this is true i already got like 100 free points or so just from doing quests. Sometimes you also get the level cap tokens and stuff as quest rewards (increases lvl cap by 4 levels.) i got one and so did Axen i think.

Edit: Also i will be online probly around 6-6:30 tonight to do the waterworks if thats ok with you all. I've just got dinner plans that are taking longer than anticipated.

Elimination on
  • Options
    elliotw2elliotw2 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I want to play this now, but I have to wait on the free date

elliotw2 on
    camo_sig2.pngXBL:Elliotw3|PSN:elliotw2
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    It's cool, we got one guy doing dinner as well, plus a new member going through the Island. So we got some time to kill.

Axen on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'll be on in a bit... got a few things to take care of real quick first.

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Ok im loggin in now, im all donesies.

Elimination on
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Just an FYI. Warforged need turbine points to acquire, however you actually get it. Drow, on the other hand, are unlocked once you hit 400 total favor.

The faction-specific rewards are kinda neat on their own, like Kundarak's extra inventory tab.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Are you in game Der Waffle Mous? Or do you have to wait for the 9th?

Axen on
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Aside from a quick jaunt to unlock dragonmarks and some quick gold, my character is still on Korthos.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Holy crap. This game is still functioning? I played it very seriously when it first came out but lost interest after a couple of months...

How is it coming along?

Jasconius on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Well that was a pretty bitch'n time. Ham and all. We actually got a fair amount of people in the guild now so that is badass too. I forgot to take screenshots, so hopefully someonelse did, especially of the Fembot's new suit.

Axen on
  • Options
    eatmosushieatmosushi __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    How do i get a trial account???

eatmosushi on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Spun uncontrollably skyward... Driven brutally into the ground
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    eatmosushi wrote: »

It's free now, so there is no trial.

Elimination on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Some highlights from tonight !
    ScreenShot00047.jpg
    We were all looking at this picture, wondering what he is reaching for down there. I said it must be that he is grabbing a cow by the head while...you know.

ScreenShot00049.jpg
    Yum sewers.

ScreenShot00052.jpg
    The crew tonight getting ready to charge through a door.

ScreenShot00053.jpg
    A heated battle, pay close attention to the warforged's armour.

Elimination on
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Some highlights from tonight !
    ScreenShot00047.jpg
    We were all looking at this picture, wondering what he is reaching for down there. I said it must be that he is grabbing a cow by the head while...you know.

ScreenShot00049.jpg
    Yum sewers.

ScreenShot00052.jpg
    The crew tonight getting ready to charge through a door.

ScreenShot00053.jpg
    A heated battle, pay close attention to the warforged's armour.
    I'm still rockin my pink armor too. :winky:

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    TimmerTimmer Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Nice pictures... the game really is beautiful. Although I still don't know how they can have such talented artists and a horrid UI (both in usability and in art).

Unfortunately, I'm on the Galasomething server with my other group and we're starting next weekend. Would be fun to run into some PA folks

Timmer on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Timmer wrote: »
    Nice pictures... the game really is beautiful. Although I still don't know how they can have such talented artists and a horrid UI (both in usability and in art).

Unfortunately, I'm on the Galasomething server with my other group and we're starting next weekend. Would be fun to run into some PA folks

We are all on Cannith so i doubt you'll run into us.

Also keep in mind i run the game in DX10 mode with everything maxxed out, AA x8 and it runs really smoothly. I think it would do this on most peoples PC's which is kind of a testiment to how well the actual game has been made.

Elimination on
  • Options
    kaliyamakaliyama Left to find less-moderated fora Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    If I start this, is it viable to do a pretty solid run through of all the content with the same group? Will there be newbiesl ooking for other newbies from PA?

kaliyama on
    fwKS7.png?1
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    kaliyama wrote: »
    If I start this, is it viable to do a pretty solid run through of all the content with the same group? Will there be newbiesl ooking for other newbies from PA?

Our highest lvl is lvl 4, so nobody is way up there yet. We've all been running things as a group so far. There appear to be a lot of new people joining up every day though, it started with just Axen and I and now its probably 15+ people? It's only been a few days and at this rate it will be tons. Once you get out of the newbie zone you will be lvl 2 and good to roll with most of the group at the moment. Punchbot got out of the newbie area and joined us on our quests right away.

Elimination on
  • Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Well I played this during the beta and really enjoyed it,s o I'll probably hop back in. It sucks that I'd have to pay for a warforged. I ran with a Aarforged Fighter, Adamantine body and tower shield. Good luck hitting me if you weren't a boss. Hmmmm, what should I play now?

Moridin889 on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

Our highest lvl is lvl 4, so nobody is way up there yet. We've all been running things as a group so far. There appear to be a lot of new people joining up every day though, it started with just Axen and I and now its probably 15+ people? It's only been a few days and at this rate it will be tons. Once you get out of the newbie zone you will be lvl 2 and good to roll with most of the group at the moment. Punchbot got out of the newbie area and joined us on our quests right away.

The correct answer is no, because you stopped doing your BT campaign! -_-

Morkath on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Morkath wrote: »

BT? What does that mean? o_O

Elimination on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

batteltech

Morkath on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

batteltech

Ohhh you were talking about Kali. I thought you were responding to me and that was confusing. Yeah what happened to that campaign? I sent the info we needed and stuff and then it was never set up. I miss that it was fun times.

Elimination on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

I must have been baked, but like, how do I get a free account?

The myturbine thing wants a product code of some sort and I just aint gots one

eatmosushi on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Spun uncontrollably skyward... Driven brutally into the ground
  • Options
    edited September 2009

I must have been baked, but like, how do I get a free account?

The myturbine thing wants a product code of some sort and I just aint gots one

Currently it is just the Headstart for subscribers/former subscribers/ and beta testers. However on the 9th is when it becomes open to everybody. You should be able to download the game now though in preparation for tomorrow.

One nice thing about DDO is that levels are not big barriers to grouping.

Axen on
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    well seeing as how there are only what, 12 levels? I'd hope so

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I am excited to sp sp sp spoonily bard it up.

what what, what what what what.

gonna roll a gnome bard
    and chase chicks who have a lot of lard
    then i'm gonna sing my bardic song
    and get you out of that thong
    with a carnal knowledge check
    baby you're a bout to get wrecked

eatmosushi on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Wren wrote: »
    well seeing as how there are only what, 12 levels? I'd hope so

20 levels actually, but yeah a level 2 grouping with a level 20 probably is not going to happen. Hell I haven't even seen a level 20 player yet or level 10 for that matter.

I should probably put the disclaimer "levels are not that big of a barrier to grouping (inside your quest hub)". Still if someone is worried about not finding enough people for a group they don't need too. There are tons of newbies on Cannith server (which is the new one).

@ eatmosushi

No gnomes sadly. I wanted to make a gnome wizard myself, but alas.

Axen on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    there arent any gnomes?

what fucking detergant laced heroine have they been injecting directly into their collective eurethras?

i haven't even SEEN the game yet and I'm already angry.

Man.

They might as well just foce me to play a Klan member :/

Also 4e seems like it would make for an awesome mmorpg

eatmosushi on
This discussion has been closed.