As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hey Hey You You I don't like your [chat] Thread

• Options
    Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I masturbate all the goddamn time

To the Mormons?

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Options
    RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009

i'm masturbating right now

okay not really, that wouldn't be hygienic

my university has bottles of hand cleanser scattered about like hidden treasure thanks to this flu scare, it is a thing

Rust on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    and while I hate the mormon church with a passion I haven't minded mormons that I have actually met

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Passerbye wrote: »
    yalborap wrote: »
    I'm sure Passerbye's cookies are fantastic.

Oh, aren't you sweet.
    Nice try, but Sarks is the one who won. :P

I know, and I'm okay with that. I just wanted to act as a counterpoint to Greep's batshit insane ways.

...Although, some cookies in the mail would be an excellent pickmeup after several less than stellar days. :wink:

yalborap on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Greeper wrote: »
    J, people can believe things that aren't true if they want.

The truth, the objective, universal truth, if you believe in such a thing, isn't that important.

Some of the most beautiful things in the world are lies.

Religion, even stupid, nonsense religions, can excuse people doing terrifying things and encourage horrific actions.

And also bring hope and joy and a reason to stay alive.

So let's not judge, or shred people's religious views out of a twisted sense of 'fun', okay?

<3

Passerbye on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Me Too! wrote: »
    Unless you have the plague it's not going to work

And even then I'll find some way to not catch it

Because I am just that fucking boring

Please kill me

I have an amazing immune system. I'm pretty sure the reason I caught ill before anyone else is that my body started fighting before anyone else, as these new fangled diseases like to fuck up people with better immune systems more than weak ones.

If I am suffering from it it MIGHT BE ebola.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    Whatever drivers are written and included in the Windows installation disc can be written and included on the OS X installation disk if Apple wanted that to happen. Regarding BIOS, I don't care, Hitler!

Man there is no way every third party taiwanese manufacturer is going to hire and fund someone to write OS X drivers even if Apple wanted them to.

It sure as shit didn't work for Be, and Linux devs end up reverse engineering driver support in the majority of cases

I want OS X on my shitty computer!

wahhhhhhh
    here comes the wahhhhhmbulance

suck it up babby

if I can hackintosh so can you

although I still have yet to try it with snow leopard

Leopard was easy because there are distros.

I tried again today but when the Chameleon BootCD wouldn't boot anymore (the computer just kept restarting) my choices were to figure out why it wouldn't boot and then figure out why Snow Leopard wouldn't install or just forget it and install Windows 7 to get my computer working again. I've been using my laptop these past couple days and it's annoying!

In a few weeks I'll flash my BIOS with the latest version and then try again.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    japan wrote: »
    I had a suspicion there would be a reason kernel modules for BSD couldn't be used with OSX. This is apparently the case, but I'm not certain why.

OS X uses a different driver model (I/O Kit), not least because OS X's kernel differs significantly from BSD.

Hell when OS X was released I don't think FreeBSD was even capable of dynamically loading modules at the time.

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    _J_ wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »
    you know i have known mormons and jw's who weren't weirdos and creepy bible-thumping assholes

Their maintaining the belief makes the weirdos. One of the things which irritates me (of the great many things which irritate me) is when people seperate a person's belief from the person's way of acting.

explain

i am not sure what you mean here

I think a good example is Mike Huckabee.

Mike Huckabee can tell Chuck Norris jokes, act pleasantly, and be generally cheerful. But he's also a crazy wingnut ultra-conservative who, if your sister were raped and became pregnant, would force her to have the child. So if someone assesses Mike Huckabee soley on his "being a nice guy" without recognizing the batshittery of his beliefs I get pissed off. Because Mike Huckabee is a malevolent shitstain whose beliefs make him intolerable despite his ability to tell Chuck Norris jokes.

That's my issue. When we say "Oh, this person acts nicely in social situations" and ignore things like the person's belief that if a woman is raped and becomes pregnant we need to prevent her from having an abortion at all costs, thus ensuring that the rape-baby is born and is a burden on the welfare of the rape victim.

Yup.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Options
    RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009

The truth, the objective, universal truth, if you believe in such a thing, isn't that important.

Religion, even stupid, nonsense religions, can excuse people doing terrifying things and encourage horrific actions.

So let's not judge, or shred people's religious views out of a twisted sense of 'fun', okay?

i'm sorry someone appears to have puked up a sunflower

Rust on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009

Oh, aren't you sweet.

I know, and I'm okay with that. I just wanted to act as a counterpoint to Greep's batshit insane ways.

...Although, some cookies in the mail would be an excellent pickmeup after several less than stellar days. :wink:

Greep's just annoyed 'cause he didn't win. I get it.

You'll just have to come up to Seattle for a visit. :D

Passerbye on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Nocturne wrote: »
    you know i have known mormons and jw's who weren't weirdos and creepy bible-thumping assholes

Their maintaining the belief makes the weirdos. One of the things which irritates me (of the great many things which irritate me) is when people seperate a person's belief from the person's way of acting.

explain

He's saying that it's not okay to be like "Yeah that person's beliefs are crazy, but he's actually a cool dude and not that crazy."

Which I could get behind him on this when talking about, say, neo-nazis, but not so much with most organized religions.

really?

that sort of thing doesn't bother me

i judge people by their actions, not professed beliefs

but then, for example, one of my acquaintences (i wouldn't call him a friend) is openly an anti-semite and knows i'm a jew.

he watches his mouth around me and i only know of his anti-semitic views by accident, and it's just not a subject he and i talk about ever.

i know i can't really change him or anything but as long as he keeps that shit in check and i don't hear about him acting on it at all, he can believe we're all part of the secret zionist conspiracy ruling the central banks all he fucking wants

ain't my problem

i'll still play video games with the guy

i don't consider him a friend and i wouldn't say i trust him, and so long as he remains an anti-semite i can't truly accept him as a kind person

but

i can tolerate him and be pleasant in his presence, so long as he behaves

Pony on
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009

That sounds good until you realize that these people vote based upon their religious convictions, and desire for Roe V. Wade to be overturned based upon their religious convictions, and do not want Evolution taught in schools based upon their religious convictions.

If reality were such that Mormons in no way influenced my life, at all, and they could live their life their way and I could live my life my way without ever impacting the other? Fine. But since they wanted Mitt Romney to be president I have no problem ripping them to shit for their jackassery.

_J_ on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Me Too! wrote: »
    Unless you have the plague it's not going to work

And even then I'll find some way to not catch it

Because I am just that fucking boring

Please kill me

I have an amazing immune system. I'm pretty sure the reason I caught ill before anyone else is that my body started fighting before anyone else, as these new fangled diseases like to fuck up people with better immune systems more than weak ones.

If I am suffering from it it MIGHT BE ebola.

Ooh that sounds like it could be fun

Is there anything you might catch that causes explosive diarrhea that would be pretty great too

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Sarks, damn you, stop being chivalrous.

It makes me feel guilty for someone to make such an effort for my sake.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I have to say the only Mormons I have actually met turned up at my door unexpectedly.

I asked them what religion was for, we talked at cross purposes for a while, and then they left.

They were perfectly pleasant people, I suppose.

japan on
  • Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    ITT: Greeper reveals he's a huge softie. Still batshit insane.

Greeper on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

Oh, aren't you sweet.

Oh, trust me, I will eventually.

What's the cost of living in Seattle, by the way? I've been poking around to find somewhere awesome to live in a few years, and Seattle seems like a cool place.

yalborap on
  • Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Isn’t OS X’s only BSD overlap that it’s based in Mach?

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    edited September 2009

To the Mormons?

god mormon missionaries are often (well the ones I have seen) young, clean cut, handsome and polite

I wouldn't mind fucking a missionary and destroying his faith

but no I rarely masturbate to mormons

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Sarks, damn you, stop being chivalrous.

It makes me feel guilty for someone to make such an effort for my sake.

o_O Dude, baking cookies takes about 30 minutes. Seriously.

Besides, you're worth the effort.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

That sounds good until you realize that these people vote based upon their religious convictions, and desire for Roe V. Wade to be overturned based upon their religious convictions, and do not want Evolution taught in schools based upon their religious convictions.

If reality were such that Mormons in no way influenced my life, at all, and they could live their life their way and I could live my life my way without ever impacting the other? Fine. But since they wanted Mitt Romney to be president I have no problem ripping them to shit for their jackassery.

Mittens was the best of the Republican bunch though.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

explain

I think a good example is Mike Huckabee.

Mike Huckabee can tell Chuck Norris jokes, act pleasantly, and be generally cheerful. But he's also a crazy wingnut ultra-conservative who, if your sister were raped and became pregnant, would force her to have the child. So if someone assesses Mike Huckabee soley on his "being a nice guy" without recognizing the batshittery of his beliefs I get pissed off. Because Mike Huckabee is a malevolent shitstain whose beliefs make him intolerable despite his ability to tell Chuck Norris jokes.

That's my issue. When we say "Oh, this person acts nicely in social situations" and ignore things like the person's belief that if a woman is raped and becomes pregnant we need to prevent her from having an abortion at all costs, thus ensuring that the rape-baby is born and is a burden on the welfare of the rape victim.

You say this like telling Chuck Norris jokes isn't enough to deem someone morally reprehensible.

desc on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

What's the cost of living in Seattle, by the way? I've been poking around to find somewhere awesome to live in a few years, and Seattle seems like a cool place.

The city itself can be fairly moderate, outside of it not so much. Plenty of low cost apartments near the U as well.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

To the Mormons?

god mormon missionaries are often (well the ones I have seen) young, clean cut, handsome and polite

I’m suddenly envisioning a counterpoint to Animaniacs’ Wheel of Morality.

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I couldn't knowingly tolerate a homophobe

Pony you're bizarre.

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

Oh, aren't you sweet.

Hah, I don't actually mind.

I just enjoy overreacting, something about a monstrous overreaction makes it harder for me to overreact about the big things.

Basically I'm fucking crazy, dontchall love me anyway? :winky: (except you Preacher, I know you hate me :( )

Greeper on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

Ahhh, I really don't know the exact numbers. You can find some nice enough places to live for cheap, you just have to do some extra poking around.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    stilist wrote: »

To the Mormons?

I’m suddenly envisioning a counterpoint to Animaniacs’ Wheel of Morality.

WHEEL OF MORALITY TURN TURN TURN

But this wheel is like WHEEL OF SATAN SPIN SPIN SPIN

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    The kernel panic I got (which only showed when I booted the installer in Verbose mode) referenced kexts apart of iokit. Mainly IOATAFamily and IOStorageFaily and IOPCIFamily.

Maybe it didn't like one of my hard drives. Or my graphics card or something.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

I'm not sure if you heard, but John McCain was a POW

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

To the Mormons?

I don't think I've ever seen an actual Mormon missionary. Maybe on the side of the road once, on a bike or something. But I don't recall.

Do they have Tom Cruise crazy eyes?

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    As might be expected, Terry Pratchet presented essentially my view on religion in his excellent book Carpe Jugulum: I've already got a hot water bottle.
    ’And I’ll tell you this Mister Oats….’
    He Sighed. ‘Yes?’
    She turned to face him, suddenly alive. ‘It’d be as well for you if I didn’t believe,’ she said, prodding him with a sharp finger. ‘This Om… anyone seen him?’
    It is said three thousand people witnessed his manifestation at the Great Temple when he made the Covenant with the prophet Brutha and saved him from death by torture on the iron turtle-‘
    ‘But I bet that now they’re arguing about what they actually saw, eh?’
    ‘Well, indeed, yes, there are many opinions-‘
    ‘Right. Right. That’s people for you. Now if I’d seen him, really there, really alive, it’d be in me like a fever. If I thought there was some God who really did care two hoots about people, who watched ‘em like a father and cared for ‘em like a mother…. well you wouldn’t catch me sayin’ things like “There are two sides to every question,” and “We must respect other people’s beliefs.” You wouldn’t find me just being gen’rally nice in the hope that it’d all turn out right in the end, not if that flame was burning in me like an unforgivin’ sword. And I did say burnin’, Mister Oats, ‘cos that’s what it’d be. You say that you people don’t burn folk and sacrifice people anymore, but that’s what true faith would mean, y’see? Sacrificin’ your own life, one day at a time, to the flame, declarin’ the truth of it, workin’ for it, breathin’ the soul of it. That’s religion. Anything else is just…. is just bein’ nice. And a way of keepin’ in touch with the neighbours.’
    She relaxed slightly, and went on in a quieter voice: ‘Anyway, that’s what I’d be, if I really believed. And I don’t think that’s fashionable right now, ‘cos it seems that if you sees evil now you have to wring your hands and say, “Oh deary me, we must debate this.” That’s my two penn’orth, Mister Oats. You be happy to let things lie. Don’t chase faith, ‘cos you’ll never catch it.’ She added as an aside, ‘But, perhaps, you can live faithfully.’
    He thought: my God, if she ever finds a religion, what would come out of these mountains and sweep across the plains?

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I couldn't knowingly tolerate a homophobe

Pony you're bizarre.

I would love to introduce a homophobe to kakos, it would be fantastic.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    J, ever girl I ever had a crush on voted Republican.

What I'm saying is that it doesn't really matter.

EDIT: Also I have terrible tastes in women.

Greeper on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Elendil wrote: »

I'm not sure if you heard, but John McCain was a POW
    But look at Mitt's hair and jawline!

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

To the Mormons?

http://menonamissioncalendar.com/ (Borderline NSFW, depends on whether male nipples are more acceptable in your workplace than female)

japan on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    stilist wrote: »
    Isn’t OS X’s only BSD overlap that it’s based in Mach?

That's actually where they don't overlap

XNU (OS'x Kernel) is based on Mach 3.0 with the networking stack, VFS layer, POSIX API interface, and some other bits from FreeBSD implemented on top of the Mach primitives.

Mac OS X itself, apart from the kernel, also uses FreeBSD's userland, and Apple employs a number of major FreeBSD contributors

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Ahhh, I really don't know the exact numbers. You can find some nice enough places to live for cheap, you just have to do some extra poking around.

It is fairly high. Not the worst in the country but way above average.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    edited September 2009

Ah. I'll do a touch of poking around at some point or another, then.

...*goes to check Seattle's distance from San Fran*

I'd be further away than I am now! Son of a bitch!

yalborap on
This discussion has been closed.