As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Who is going to PAX-EAST???

• spiderz13spiderz13 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    PAX09 was my frist PAX. I was so impressed and so happy that I just bought my PAX East Ticket. Im in NY its a 4 hour drive to PAX 10. I am new to the forums so if you saw a spanish looking guy with a t-shirt that responded to sound (http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-apparel/interactive/8a5b/) that was ME!8-)

spiderz13 on
  • SirCuddlezSirCuddlez Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'd love to go, I haven't been to the east coast before! I also have a friend who just started school at NYU and would love to figure out how to do both PAX East and visit NYC (maybe get her to PAX too since she's never home in Seattle for PAX prime).

Is it fairly easy to get between the two cities? And reasonable cost? I know there's lots of rail/bus options out on the east cost but wouldn't even kind of know where to begin. I have lots of airline miles so the flight costs won't be a problem, but I'm just wondering is it remotely feasible to try and do both at once?

Yeah bus would be the way to go. The only company I can think of is Bolt bus but there are more. My friends used it recently to come up here to visit me from NYC and it cost her like 20-25 I think? Also the bus has wifi which would be nice for any PAXers making the trip.

SirCuddlez on
  • AnphraxAnphrax TK-4665 Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Seattle/Tacoma PAXers: Shall we attempt to make plans? Does someone have a cross-country reliable car/van/space ship?

Anphrax on
  • BarksdaleBarksdale Registered User new member
    edited September 2009
    I'm definitely going. My college is about five minutes away from the convention center.

Barksdale on
  • brainsmithbrainsmith Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I really want to go. not sure if I will be able to. I live in Birmingham, AL, but soon will be living in Central Florida, so not sure I can afford it after spending money on moving.

brainsmith on
    Get your own tauntaun!
  • LimondLimond Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    My sister, brother-in-law, and I will be attending taking the Amtrak up from Maryland. Much more of a financial possibility then going cross country to Seattle

Limond on
    One clip, one kill.

I am a monster truck that walks like a man.
  • AlphaTwoAlphaTwo Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Right now I'm planning with a bunch of people to be coming down from Toronto. Not sure if we're flying in or driving in.

AlphaTwo on
  • Hunter RoseHunter Rose Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I want to go. I'm trying to work out the money (the wife and I are buying our first house) which means I need to find people to share a room with if I want to crash within walking distance of PAX. Hopefully I can pull this together in the next week or so...

Hunter Rose on
  • IncompetentCameraGuyIncompetentCameraGuy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The trek from home to Boston is a lot faster then home to Seattle, so I'm probably going.

IncompetentCameraGuy on
    Old enough to know better, stupid enough to do it anyway.
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Nijhazer wrote: »
    I'm going. I've never been to Boston-- never been anywhere in the Northeastern U.S., in fact-- and it's a shame I can only afford to go for the days of PAX, since Boston seems like the kind of place where I could easily spend an extra week or so.

Someone once told me that gaming tastes change depending on what part of the country you visit. I wonder if that's true about Boston? It makes me curious about how PAX East will differ from its bigger West Coast brother.

Isn't Harmonix a Boston based company?

Anyway, I'm here in NYC, so I guess it'd be some sort of geek sacrilege if I didn't go to ECPAX. Although, you know, school and snow and cold and um, not having money for a hotel. And being afraid of the outside world.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • A-PuckA-Puck Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Well, since I LIVE in Boston, it'd be a bit silly not to go...

A-Puck on
    Soon... soon I will install you, my precious.
  • CatBoyCatBoy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    BRING THAT SHIT ON!!

CatBoy on
    <+Djiem|HKO> Woah
    <+Djiem|HKO> Hello Kitty is brutal
    <+Djiem|HKO> A starfish just raped my ass
    <+Gilles> you deserved it
  • SmidgetSmidget Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm going! It will be my first PAX, heading up from Charlotte.

Charlotte here as well, though it will be my third PAX. Missed this year, went to 07 and 08.

As long as Boston weather is good I plan on road tripping it with some friends so if a CCST happens, count me and my car in. Have a friend from San Antonio flying into Charlotte to join the road trip. Night Skies, you're welcome to join us if you want. As long as you're not, u know, a jerkity jerk jerk :mrgreen: We'll probably be rolling 3 or 4 gamers deep. I've been told that you don't want to be driving in Boston in bad winter weather so, if weather is not good, flying may become the mode of transport.

cooljammer00, yeah, Harmonix is based there. I expect a fantastic booth from them since they'll just be transporting stuff from their office. I plan on stopping by their office during my trip. Also, cooljammer00mm, for the hotel deal-e-o, keep a look out for a hotel room share thread as I'm sure there will be one as time draws closer. A friend and me grouped up with 4 others guys in '08 through their posting in that thread and damn, splitting room cost 6 ways is the way to go. And an awesome way to meet awesome people.

Smidget on
    I read arrows
  • PoisonRamunePoisonRamune Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'll go if I can find someone to sleep with there.

PoisonRamune on
    rwn_bannersmlpa.gif
  • -Phil--Phil- Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Where do I get the information about PAX East, its a much shorter driver from Miami and I would definitely be interested.

-Phil- on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    How did you all even get here without finding the PAX East info site???

It's right here: http://www.paxsite.com/paxeast/

Anphrax and other Seattle-based people: there may be some plane ticket group discounts in the works, we're going to check with some airlines... coming soon...

MetaverseNomad on
  • D_RoxxorsD_Roxxors Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    My wife and I live in Boston...she informed that we were going to PAX East, so I guess we're going.

I can't speak to changes in gaming tastes being East Coasters, but do expect to be hearing noise about wanting some tabletop wargaming going on. There are a lot of tabletop wargamers in the city. I'm their first official representative here on the forums. *waves*

D_Roxxors on
    edited September 2009
    Smidget wrote: »
    I'm going! It will be my first PAX, heading up from Charlotte.

Charlotte here as well, though it will be my third PAX. Missed this year, went to 07 and 08.

As long as Boston weather is good I plan on road tripping it with some friends so if a CCST happens, count me and my car in. Have a friend from San Antonio flying into Charlotte to join the road trip. Night Skies, you're welcome to join us if you want. As long as you're not, u know, a jerkity jerk jerk :mrgreen: We'll probably be rolling 3 or 4 gamers deep. I've been told that you don't want to be driving in Boston in bad winter weather so, if weather is not good, flying may become the mode of transport.

cooljammer00, yeah, Harmonix is based there. I expect a fantastic booth from them since they'll just be transporting stuff from their office. I plan on stopping by their office during my trip. Also, cooljammer00mm, for the hotel deal-e-o, keep a look out for a hotel room share thread as I'm sure there will be one as time draws closer. A friend and me grouped up with 4 others guys in '08 through their posting in that thread and damn, splitting room cost 6 ways is the way to go. And an awesome way to meet awesome people.

I don't know if they'd just, you know, "let" you into their offices. It is a workspace. Unless we can all bum off HMXMoss, if he still works there/posts here. Or maybe you're a industry insider of some sort.

I've got a friend who wants to go and is already goading me to start getting funds and things ready. He wants to split a room with me, but I guess we could have some strangers not-rape us. Maybe make some friends, who knows?

edit:
    I'll go if I can find someone to sleep with there.

Poorly phrased! Or is it?...:winky:

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• SmidgetSmidget Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I don't know if they'd just, you know, "let" you into their offices. It is a workspace. Unless we can all bum off HMXMoss, if he still works there/posts here. Or maybe you're a industry insider of some sort.

Nah, not an industry insider. A forum insider, I guess would kinda describe it. Was on the RockBand forums when it first launched and before it blew up. Had a decent amount of back and forth with the HMX community team online and at PAX each year (minus this year). So, just going to msg them and see if they'll allow me a quick looksee into their office :)

Smidget on
    I read arrows
  • NickDWolfwoodNickDWolfwood Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I've gone to PAX Prime for the last 2 years now. I'm really looking forward to a PAX on my side of the continent. I'll finally be able to drag most of my friends to it. I'll be traveling there from Delaware.

NickDWolfwood on
    signature.png
  • LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm planning to be there - I was sad to miss PAX in Seattle, but am madly looking at flights and hotels, its looking good!

Questions:

Will we do buttoneering?
    Pre-PAX breakfast/dinner?
    Magical mystery tour?

I'm still going to bring my own tea, I've heard bad things about Boston and tea!

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • ChaoticaChaotica Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Yes indeedles, I shall be there. Along with people I know from NC, TN, NJ, and England all crashing in my apartment. :)

Chaotica on
    -- DJ Chaotica, Split Infinity Radio
    sirlsnr.gif
    edited September 2009
    I'm planning to be there - I was sad to miss PAX in Seattle, but am madly looking at flights and hotels, its looking good!

Questions:

Will we do buttoneering?
    Magical mystery tour?

I'm still going to bring my own tea, I've heard bad things about Boston and tea!

LPM!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I *definitely* have to make it to PAX EAST! There have been whispers of a MMT-East, and I've heard what sounds like the makings of a pre-PAX dinner... but nothing conclusive yet. As for buttons, I might make some of the tiny ones, but $$ies are going to be tight.

MetaverseNomad on
    edited September 2009
    I figure I need to get to the inaugural ECPAX before it gets popular and too big for its own good. There's not gonna be anyone there, right?

Right?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Kwisatz HaderachKwisatz Haderach Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    How did you all even get here without finding the PAX East info site???

It's right here: http://www.paxsite.com/paxeast/

Anphrax and other Seattle-based people: there may be some plane ticket group discounts in the works, we're going to check with some airlines... coming soon...

All aboard PAXAir - keep your tray tables in the upright and locked positions, 'cause this ride's about to get NERDY :winky:

Seriously though, a plane full of PAX attendees would be awesome, d'you need any help securing flight info?

Kwisatz Haderach on
    Twitter: @Quintonious (new, infrequently post)
    PSN: Quintonious
    edited September 2009
    PAXAir sounds amazing.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• leeesherleeesher Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    SteakTheCow and I will be coming from Minneapolis! We couldn't make it to Prime this year after going 06-08, so East is a must. :mrgreen:

leeesher on
  • MarsCheliosMarsChelios Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Yes! We missed you guys at Seattle this year.

MarsChelios on
  • InterjectionInterjection Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    About what do you guys think the cost will be for airfare from Seattle, a hostel, and (I am guessing) 50$ for a pass?

I am just asking because I am finally getting a job that pays actual money, not theoretical money. And I would like to know how much I need to put away before January/February...

Interjection on
    aka kcMasterpiece
  • LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Ooooo, and please can we play Assassins again????

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • CimmeriiCimmerii SpaceOperaGhost Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    You guys should plan on being best buddies with your purell bottles, unless you want PAX Plague East.

Glad the east cost dwellers are finally getting a cheaper chance to go tho. :)

*crawls back under covers with a bottle of nyquil*

Cimmerii on
    *Internally Screaming*
  • RicinRicin Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I just pre-reged and booked my hotel for PAX-E

Anyone know what the food/nightlife is like in boston in march.

Ricin

Ricin on
  • PsychoCheerioPsychoCheerio Registered User new member
    edited September 2009
    Right now I'm trying to find some friends to go out to the East coast...hard to do when all I know is a bunch of slackers. Although I am strongly considering going on my own if all else fails. That would mean a lot more planning and meeting new people though.

PsychoCheerio on
  • JBob08JBob08 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    We went to PAX the first two years, when it was in Bellevue. We were unable to make the following two years at the much larger Seattle Convention Center. So, sadly we were severely unprepared for PAX09 this year when we attended and missed A LOT. Holy shit was it big.

Because of that, we will most definately be at PAXEAST.

We are coming up from Raleigh, NC. If anyone else is around this area, we are looking to make a car trip of it. If not, we will most likely just fly. I cant wait to get a second shot at this glorious new PAX.

JBob08 on
  • ArkanArkan Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm definitely going. I have relatives in Boston I can probably crash with, though I don't know exactly how far from the convention center they are (probably about an half-hour/hour's drive since they live on the outskirts of the city, but still preferable to the hotel rates I've seen quoted)

The stuff I saw from this year's PAX had me excited as hell, and it only increased when I heard they were doing it on the east coast this year. PAX-plague be damned.

Arkan on
    Big, honkin' pile of WoW characters
    I think it's hard for someone not to rage at mario kart, while shouting "Fuck you Donkey Kong. Whose dick did you suck to get all those red shells?"
  • sum10fishysum10fishy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Questions:

Will we do buttoneering?
    Magical mystery tour?

How did I miss this thread? Hells yeah I'm going and ditto what MarsChelios said. We missed you guys!!

sum10fishy on
  • DJBreslinDJBreslin Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I am debating going. I don't want to break my streak of attending every single PAX ever. Also, I'm originally from Boston. Finally, PAX is so awesome. I just wonder if it's too much... possible? probably not... :)

DJBreslin on
  • ninjownedninjowned Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm attending pax east! Most of my clan for cs:s is east coast so I'm meeting a few of them too.

I turn 21 on March 29th so should be interesting. I'll be staying in Boston for Sunday night and then heading to visit family afterwards! I hear Boston isn't a bad place to turn 21 :P

Oh I'm flying from Washington State unless other forms of travel pan out.

ninjowned on
    ninjowned!
  • DJBreslinDJBreslin Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    DJBreslin wrote: »
    I am debating going. I don't want to break my streak of attending every single PAX ever. Also, I'm originally from Boston. Finally, PAX is so awesome. I just wonder if it's too much... possible? probably not... :)

I noted the dates of PAX East, pulled up a calendar and asked my wife "When is the kids' Spring Break?"

Her response (without knowing why I was asking): "The same week as PAX East."

I think that means we're going!

Also, it's my Boston-based brother's birthday that week.

And this will be the first time my wife & kids (11 & 12) attend PAX.

DJBreslin on
    edited September 2009

I noted the dates of PAX East, pulled up a calendar and asked my wife "When is the kids' Spring Break?"

Her response (without knowing why I was asking): "The same week as PAX East."

I think that means we're going!

Also, it's my Boston-based brother's birthday that week.

And this will be the first time my wife & kids (11 & 12) attend PAX.

woohoo!!! You only really need one reason, and you've got about 5!!!! :D

MetaverseNomad on
This discussion has been closed.