As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Outdated Rock Band thread, let it die!

ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
edited October 2009 in Games and Technology

This Week's DLC

1750.robzombie.logo.jpg
Rob Zombie 01
  • "Burn"
  • "Dragula"
  • "Superbeast"

wolfmother_logo.gif
Wolfmother 01
  • "New Moon Rising"
  • "Pilgrim"
  • "Sundial"
  • "White Unicorn"
  • "Woman"

Single Tracks
"Rock Me" by Liz Phair
"Best of Me" by Morningwood*
"Sugarbaby" by Morningwood*

Price:
$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track
$5.49, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for “Rob Zombie Pack 01”
$8.49 £5.25 UK, €6.59 EU (680 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for “Wolfmother Pack 01”
*Denotes $0.99 £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU (80 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) or $1.00 (100 Wii Points™) per track
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per track

Tracks available for Rock Band Unplugged (Oct. 29)

"Kool Thing" by Sonic Youth
"My Old School" by Steely Dan

Price:
$1.99, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU per track on the PSP system

Next Week's DLC

No info yet.

Future DLC

White Stripes 3-pack in November '09.
Unreleased tracks from the Track Pack series.
Unreleased tracks from Rock Band Unplugged.

ROCK BAND RELEASE DATES
Rock Band
North America: Available now for PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, and the Wii
Europe: Available now in most countries for PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, and the Wii
Australia: Available now for PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, and the Wii depending on the store/location

Rock Band 2
North America: Available now for PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, and the Wii
Europe: Available now for the Xbox 360, PS2, PS3 and the Wii
Australia: No release date yet

Rock Band Unplugged
North America: Available now for the PSP
Europe: Available now for the PSP

Lego Rock Band
North America: November 8th, 2009 for PS3, Xbox 360, the Wii, and the DS

The Beatles: Rock Band
International: Available now for PS3, Xbox 360, and the Wii

HARMONIX PODCAST
The podcast is linked up on the 'Zine page of the RockBand.com page. Subscribe via iTunes

Episode 2
The second episode! Always better the second time around! Interview with Paul & Storm of Paul& Storm fame. Also the first episode of Social, RBN music overview and a DLC roundtable.

1:22 – Interview with Paul and Storm
10:36 – RBN Transmission ep1
15:08 – Social ep1
21:05 – DLC Roundtable
Music:
The Main Drag - Dove Nets
The Cold Goodnight - Give
Full-Source - Up Stem (Down Stem)
Jonathon Coulton - The Future Soon

DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT
Rock Band DLC list via WikiPedia
Rock Band Unplugged DLC list via WikiPedia

Albums available for download so far:
Screaming for Vengeance by Judas Priest
The Cars by the Cars
Doolittle by the Pixies
Peace Sells...But Who's Buying by Megadeth
Moving Pictures by Rush
Blood Sugar Sex Magick by the Red Hot Chili Peppers
Dr. Feelgood by Mötley Crüe
The Colour and the Shape by the Foo Fighters
The Singles 1992-2003 by No Doubt
Texas Flood by Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble
Ten by Pearl Jam
Chinese Democracy by Guns 'n Roses
Nothing's Shocking by Jane's Addiction
Back from the Dead by Spinal Tap
Backspacer by Pearl Jam

738 Downloadable songs by October 27th, 2009.
55 of 58 Rock Band 1 tracks exportable to Rock Band 2 (360/PS3)
84 Rock Band 2 on-disc tracks
18 AC/DC Live tracks exportable to Rock Band 2 (360/PS3)

897 Total tracks available for Rock Band 2

PLAYING WITH PA FOLKS
If you're on Xbox LIVE, go ahead and add Rock Band PA as a friend. Then look at that gamertag's friends list and send out messages to people to coordinate a band or you can post in this thread. If you want to find people with DLC, it helps to know what you have and you can go to DLC Quickplay and make your own list (and tag it in your sig like some people). It is generally accepted to play in your difficulty range (i.e. not constantly failing out) and it's cool if you have a headset to be able to talk to people.

IF YOU WANT YOUR HANDLE HERE, PM ME

PSN Handles
Forum Handle / PSN Name
midgetspy / Fiddlehumper
Ketar / Ketar
toolbert / toolbert
Junior Yank / junioryank

Wii Number Insanity
Homestar Gunner 3336-5117-8458
zimfan 0372-9861-1361
MetroidZoid 0759-5314-6010
psych0 0759-5338-3394

========================

The Beatles Rock Band
09/09/09
Xbox 360, PS3, and the Wii
The_Beatles_Rock_Band_box_art.jpg
Time to get you homps pumped up. Videos hiding behind spoiler.

WHAT'S NEW?
  • Compatibility - Due to restrictions by Apple, on-disc and DLC tracks for the Beatles Rock Band will not be compatible with any other Rock Band game.
  • Harmonies - Two additional people can sing back up vocals. All microphones are tied to one controller allowing for any combination of singers, potentially up to 6 people (3 singers, 3 instruments) can play because of this.
  • Overdrive/Beatlemania! - Due to restrictions by Apple, it seems the freestyle drum fill to activate Overdrive/Beatlemania! on drums no longer exists. Instead, you're given a glowing green gem to hit to activate it minus the drum fill.
  • Effects - Guitar switch effects are disabled in-game. Whammy doesn't always produce a modified noise. Most of this has to do with the lack of split tracks.
  • Unlockable media - Never before seen videos, photos, and other neat goodies relating to the Fab Four.
  • Dreamscapes - While the game follows the Beatles' career at the start, they end up being cooped up in Abbey Road Studios in the later half. In order to present better visuals than just strumming in the studio, Harmonix has gone ahead and created these dreamscapes - imagined cinematics of the song that plays out while you play.
  • Downloadable Albums - Abbey Road has been announced to be the first full album with more full albums to come after the game's release. See below for release dates and albums.
  • New Instruments - Based on the Beatles' own gear:
    • John Lennon’s Rickenbacker 325 guitar
    • Sir Paul McCartney’s trademark Höfner bass
    • George Harrison’s Gretsch Duo Jet guitar
    • Ringo Starr’s drums with classic black oyster pearl finish and Ludwig-branded Beatles kick drum head
BRBInstruments.jpg

Tracklist
* I Saw Her Standing There
* Boys
* Do You Want To Know A Secret
* Twist And Shout
* I Wanna Be Your Man
* I Want to Hold Your Hand
* A Hard Day’s Night
* Can’t Buy Me Love
* I Feel Fine
* Eight Days A Week
* Ticket To Ride
* Day Tripper
* Drive My Car
* I’m Looking Through You
* If I Needed Someone
* Paperback Writer
* Taxman
* Yellow Submarine
* And Your Bird Can Sing
* Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band
* With a Little Help from My Friends
* Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
* Getting Better
* Good Morning Good Morning
* I Am The Walrus
* Hello Goodbye
* Revolution
* Back In The U.S.S.R.
* Dear Prudence
* While My Guitar Gently Weeps
* Birthday
* Helter Skelter
* Hey Bulldog
* Don’t Let Me Down
* Come Together
* Something
* Octopus’s Garden
* I Want You (She’s So Heavy)
* Here Comes The Sun
* Dig A Pony
* I Me Mine
* I’ve Got A Feeling
* Get Back
* Within You Without You / Tomorrow Never Knows
* The End

Album DLC
Beatles_-_Abbey_Road.jpg
Abbey Road (1969)
Release Date: October 20, 2009
Pricing: $16.98 (or 1360 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for album
$1.99 (or 160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for individual tracks

• “Maxwell’s Silver Hammer”
• “Oh! Darling”
• “Because”
• “You Never Give Me Your Money”
• “Sun King”
• “Mean Mr. Mustard”
• “Polythene Pam”
• “She Came In Through The Bathroom Window”
• “Golden Slumbers”
• “Carry That Weight”
• “Her Majesty”

In addition, purchasers of the full album download of Abbey Road will have the option to play the famous 16-minute B-side medley as a single continuous track. The medley includes “You Never Give Me Your Money,” “Sun King,” “Mean Mr. Mustard,” “Polythene Pam,” “She Came In Through The Bathroom Window,” “Golden Slumbers,” “Carry That Weight” and “The End."

Peppers.jpg
Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (1967)
Release Date: November 2009

• “Fixing A Hole”
• “She’s Leaving Home”
• “Being For The Benefit of Mr Kite”
• “Within You Without You”
• “When I’m Sixty Four”
• “Lovely Rita”
• “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)”
• “A Day In The Life”

RubberSoulUK.jpg
Rubber Soul (1965)
Release Date: December 2009

• “Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)”
• “You Won’t See Me”
• “Nowhere Man”
• “Think For Yourself”
• “The Word”
• “Michelle”
• “What Goes On”
• “Girl”
• “In My Life”
• “Wait”
• “Run For Your Life”

========================

Lego Rock Band
11/30/09
Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, and DS
Lrbtitle.jpg

WHAT'S NEW?
  • Exportable - The entire setlist will be exportable to your hard drive (just like Rock Band) for a small fee.
  • Importable - Some current Rock Band DLC will be playable in Lego Rock Band once it goes through a content filter.
  • Difficulty - The game is targeting the younger crowd and/or families. As such the difficulty curve is set much lower. This includes Super Easy mode.
  • Gameplay - While the music sections maintain the usual Rock Band gameplay, there are Lego specific challenges that have your band create/destroy buildings. You will also collect Lego Bricks to build and customize your avatars and your "rock den."
  • Nintendo DS version - The handheld version for the DS will be quite similar to the PSP's RB Unplugged. You will switch between the four instruments and play with four buttons.
  • Downloadable content - There was mention of downloadable content but to what extent and in what form has yet to be revealed.
  • Lego-ized Rockers - So far Iggy Pop and David Bowie are confirmed with more Lego rockers to be revealed.

45 Master Tracks
"A-Punk" by Vampire Weekend
"Accidentally In Love" by Counting Crows
"Aliens Exist" by Blink 182
"Breakout" by Foo Fighters
"Check Yes Juliet" by We the Kings
"Crash" by the Primatives
"Crocodile Rock" by Elton John
"Dig" by Incubus
"Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic" by the Police
"Fire" by Jimi Hendrix
"Free Fallin'" by Tom Petty
"Dreaming of You" by the Coral
"Grace" by Supergrass
"Ghostbusters" by Ray Parker Jr.
"Girls and Boys" by Good Charlotte
"I Want You Back" by Jackson 5
"In Too Deep" by Sum 41
"Kung Fu Fighting" by Carl Douglas
"Let's Dance" by David Bowie
"Life is a Highway" by Rascal Flatts
"Make Me Smile" by Steve Harly
"Monster" by the Automatic
"Naïve" by the Kooks
"The Passenger" by Iggy Pop
"Real Wild Child" by Everlife
"Ride a White Swan" by T. Rex
"Rooftops (A Liberation Broadcast)" by Lostprophets
"Ruby" by Kaiser Chiefs
"Short & Sweet" by Spinal Tap
"So What" by Pink
"Song 2" by Blur
"Stumble and Fall" by Razorlight
"Suddenly I See" by KT Tunstall
"Summer of 69" by Brian Adams
"Swing, Swing" by the All-American Rejects
"The Final Countdown" by Europe
"Thunder" by Boys Like Girls
"Tick Tick Boom" by the Hives
"Two Princes" by Spin Doctors
"Walking on Sunshine" by Katrina and the Waves
"We Are The Champions" by Queen
"We Will Rock You" by Queen
"Word Up!" by Korn
"You Give Love a Bad Name" by Bon Jovi

========================

Rock Band Network
November '09
Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii
Rock-band-network-logo.jpg

WHAT'S THIS?
WikiPedia wrote:
The Rock Band Network is a system designed by Harmonix Music Systems with the help of Microsoft to allow musical artists and record labels to make their music available as playable tracks for the Rock Band series of rhythm video games. The Network was designed to allow more music to be incorporated into Rock Band than Harmonix themselves could produce, and it is seen as a way to further expand the games' music catalog into a wide variety of genres. The Network is set to start beta testing in September 2009, with it becoming publicly available to all Xbox 360 players in November; Harmonix hopes to be able to also bring these songs to the PlayStation 3 and Wii consoles.

The Rock Band Network is based on the XNA Creators Club model and uses peer review to check songs for playability, copyright violations, and profanity. Harmonix has developed a suite of software tools, including a modified version of REAPER, a digital audio sound tool, and Magma, a metadata packaging tool, for use by artists and labels. In addition, Harmonix has helped to spawn the creation of several third-party companies, based on the previous hacking environment for the creation of custom songs, that will author an artist's song into a Rock Band track. Artists retain full control on their songs, and receive 30% of the sales from the Network. Several artists and labels have already committed to expanding the distribution of their music through the network.

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
Arikado on

• Options
    KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So wait, were we just complaining that the start and guide buttons now force you to hold them momentarily in order to active?

How is this not a good thing? Personally I love it because my wife somehow manages to bump the guide button more often than I care to remember.

Why are you jamming on the button? It's just a release mechanism. You hold it for half a second and release to pause, same with the guide button.

Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Some people live their life one quarter of a mile at a time.

They don't have time to waste on holding a button down for 1.5 seconds.
    I honestly don't know how it works but the argument is sort of funny to me.

Arikado on
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    i feel this discussion is detracting from us listing out our favorite songs from the game

octopus' garden is pure joy

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Fuck the Let It Be tracks are so epic

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    The Sneak!The Sneak! Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I like the songs that I can play before I have to fucking go to work. Those are the best songs.

The Sneak! on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Kor wrote: »
    So wait, were we just complaining that the start and guide buttons now force you to hold them momentarily in order to active?

How is this not a good thing? Personally I love it because my wife somehow manages to bump the guide button more often than I care to remember.

Why are you jamming on the button? It's just a release mechanism. You hold it for half a second and release to pause, same with the guide button.

The Guide button cannot have a delay to function per MS rules. So just pressing it will act like the 'old' pause buttons.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Its a good feature if you are playing with 3 others who have ADD and must always be playing with the buttons at all times.

It can be an annoying feature if you are playing by yourself for serious and you must all of a sudden pause the game to answer a phone etc... However take consolation in the fact that if you have to pause your game mid song, you will almost certaintly drop combo when you unpause.

quovadis13 on
  • Options
    ThreepioThreepio New Westminster, BCRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The PAX pox stealing my voice for the week of Beatles Rock Band release is the saddest thing. My guitar gently weeps, but I remain silent.

Threepio on
    142.jpg
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    A summary of the last page of the last thread:

"Waaaaaaaah I need some stupid bullshit to complain about because there's really not much else to complain about in-game"

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

The Guide button cannot have a delay to function per MS rules. So just pressing it will act like the 'old' pause buttons.

Really? Um... then I must have a pair of defective instruments, because both my Hofner Bass and my new B:RB drums both delay the Guide button.

Kor on
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Arikado wrote: »
    Some people live their life one quarter of a mile at a time.

They don't have time to waste on holding a button down for 1.5 seconds.
    I honestly don't know how it works but the argument is sort of funny to me.
    Evander is no stranger to ridiculously overblown complaints.

So just to triple-confirm: The Lips wireless mics do work with Beatles RB, right? And don't work with RB2 now but allegedly will in the upcoming patch?

EDIT: Also, to reiterate because Imran and a few others have asked this recently:
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Lunker wrote: »
    Imran wrote: »
    So, I want this game. I want a guitar or two and a mic and this game.

I have a 360, what is the cheapest way I can do this?

Welcome to the fold. :) Dragonsama detailed a way above and the question just came up a page or two ago, but in a nutshell, your best bet right now:

1) The RB2 full band kit, which is $100 in-store at GameStop and a few other places now IIRC, gets you a mic, a drumset and one guitar
    2) Standalone Beatles game
    3) Either standalone separate guitar (on 360 any GH or RB guitar will work) or a GH game+guitar bundle if you want a GH game as well

Or, if you want more tracks, lower quality instruments, and lower price, do the $80 RB/RB2 combo deal from Harmonix in lieu of number 1.

Though the extra 20 bones is well, well worth it for reliability of instruments and overall quality, plus you can then rent or borrow RB1 and export all of those tracks for only $5.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited September 2009

Really? Um... then I must have a pair of defective instruments, because both my Hofner Bass and my new B:RB drums both delay the Guide button.

Then I guess I should say 'should not'. I can't imagine why MS would allow, even for this, the Guide button to not immediately bring up the Guide button menu.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2009
    The pause delay is already in RB2 as Stage Mode.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    troublebrewingtroublebrewing Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    It's killing me inside that I do not yet possess B:RB. Tonight, after work, after school, after I help move all this junk to my in-law's house for the yard sale, after I lovingly cook and eat dinner with my beautiful wife... I will slip out into the night and purchase this game.

Also ABC has to be the easiest expert guitar track in the game(RB2), maybe I will finally get that 100% on expert achievement.

troublebrewing on
  • Options
    EvanderEvander Disappointed Father Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

the guide button DOES have a delay, though

again, try using the flipping thing before you rush out defending it.

Evander on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Belated props to HMX for the chapter-montages.

Arikado on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Evander wrote: »

I said in the last thread that I tried to get one and settled instead for the B:RB game. I then said a few posts up that I find it odd that MS would allow such behaviour in their own functionality inputs.

And that you care so much about breaking a combo streak is rather... You know what? I think it's better that you get this upset about it. Rock on, HMX!

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

don't get me wrong, I ABSOLUTELY see how this feature could be useful for some people.

What I don't see is why it has to be forced on EVERYONE through the instrument's firmware itself, rather than either set as a toggle, or at least done through the game software (my bass has this delay even on the dashboard.) I have personally never had an issue with accidentally hitting start or guide, but now, when I want to bring one of those up in the heat of a song, I have to drop my focus on the music, and concentrate on hitting the button for the right amount of time (extra annoying on the guide, because instead of a "press" vs. "hold" function, it now has two different "hold" functions, depending on how long you hold it, which means trying to bring up the guide can often give you the "turn off console" menu)

Evander on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

I said in the last thread that I tried to get one and settled instead for the B:RB game. I then said a few posts up that I find it odd that MS would allow such behaviour in their own functionality inputs.

And that you care so much about breaking a combo streak is rather... You know what? I think it's better that you get this upset about it. Rock on, HMX!

if one shouldn't care about breaking a combo streak, then why do we care about accidentally pausing in the first place.

seriously. you have no idea what you're talking about. there's something up with the hardware that users are not happy about. rushing out to defend it without even seeing the hardware, or knowing the full extent of the thing, just makes you seem like either a fanboy or an ass.

Evander on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Pretty sure the only user that's bitched about it is you.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Have you, I don't know, just tried pushing the button "with intent" instead of the usual tap? the delay is supposed to eliminating pausings from brushing it.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    El GuacoEl Guaco Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Priorities, man. If you can't afford to replay a 3 minute song due to a botched pause incident, perhaps you should not answer the phone/door. It's obviously much more important to get that gold star than help your neighbor or talk to Mom.

o_O

El Guaco on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

go read the last thread

Evander on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    El Guaco wrote: »
    Priorities, man. If you can't afford to replay a 3 minute song due to a botched pause incident, perhaps you should not answer the phone/door. It's obviously much more important to get that gold star than help your neighbor or talk to Mom.

o_O

and you could say the exact same thing about why you shouldn't care if some one accidentally pauses the game.

that is what is so mind-boggling about forcing this. it solves one issue by creating an equal and opposite issue

Evander on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

go read the last thread

I did.

It's just you.

jclast says it's pretty "goofy" but he doesn't actively bitch about it. Someone else mentions that a friend somehow managed to pause the game even with the delay, proving that the intent of this feature is well-placed.

There's a reason you have a verb named after you.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Man I love the little grins Ringo does to the camera on the Ed Sullivan show.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    El GuacoEl Guaco Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

o_O

and you could say the exact same thing about why you shouldn't care if some one accidentally pauses the game.

that is what is so mind-boggling about forcing this. it solves one issue by creating an equal and opposite issue

I could, but I don't. It's mildly annoying at worst when it happens, but if a friend does it, we get to point and laugh and call them a flailing noob.

Dude, this is a game. Relax. Have fun. Not being able to pause in less than 1 second shouldn't be causing you this much stress.

El Guaco on
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So if I have no friends in real life who are remotely interested in this game, can it still be played online. . .as in forming a band and maintaining said band?

ED! on
    "Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    edited September 2009

o_O

I could, but I don't. It's mildly annoying at worst when it happens, but if a friend does it, we get to point and laugh and call them a flailing noob.

Dude, this is a game. Relax. Have fun. Not being able to pause in less than 1 second shouldn't be causing you this much stress.

The thing is, I am relaxed. I made one comment about not buying anymore rockband instruments if they keep this feature in (it makes it a real hassle navigating through menues, etc.) and suddenly I'm forced to defend myself against a bunch of dudes who've never even used the guitar, but god-forbid some one say that something about RB/HMX isn't perfect.

The game is wonderful, and as I said before, the instruments LOOK lovely. There's just one little thing that I really wish Harmonix would patch.

Evander on
  • Options
    troublebrewingtroublebrewing Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    ED! wrote: »
    So if I have no friends in real life who are remotely interested in this game, can it still be played online. . .as in forming a band and maintaining said band?

yes.

troublebrewing on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

o_O

The thing is, I am relaxed. I made one comment about not buying anymore rockband instruments if they keep this feature in (it makes it a real hassle navigating through menues, etc.) and suddenly I'm forced to defend myself against a bunch of dudes who've never even used the guitar, but god-forbid some one say that something about RB/HMX isn't perfect.

The game is wonderful, and as I said before, the instruments LOOK lovely. There's just one little thing that I really wish Harmonix would patch.

Yes, because that one time in the entire game where you have to actually press start instead of pressing green is just so freakin hard. :(

Also, some of us do own the instruments here, so stop trying to pick out a little from column A and a little from column B to bitch about.

Kor on
  • Options
    temperature!temperature! Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Since the RB2 kits are only 99$, is any place selling the RB2 Strat for cheap? I can only find them for like 60$ which sucks.

temperature! on
    XBL - Temperature_MD
    PSN - CardboardNine
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Since the RB2 kits are only 99$, is any place selling the RB2 Strat for cheap? I can only find them for like 60$ which sucks.

Try the Wal-Mart clearance section.

I typically see Rock Band 2 (yes, 2) drums and Strats for $40 on clearance.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Man, I wish mine would actually get new stuff in clearance.

The one in Bellevue, Nebraska has had the same overpriced routers in it for the past 6 months :(

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

Try the Wal-Mart clearance section.

I typically see Rock Band 2 (yes, 2) drums and Strats for $40 on clearance.

I feel like I've seen the madcats bass (wired, split strum) for cheap in some places. may not be exactly what you're looking for, but it's something.

Evander on
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hey, so while I'm doing the drum lessons, I figured I'd also do the "Complete all the Drum Lessons" achievement. What exactly do I do to "complete" a drum lesson?

(Looooooove the drums. I'm "meh" on the guitar, but the drums make me feel like those three months of drum lessons back in college actually meant something.)

SwashbucklerXX on
    Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    There's the drum beats achievements, which you get for 100% x amount of them. I need to get on that actually.

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Yeah, there are two drum lesson achievements, the "Teachers Who Taught Me WERE Cool" for the Beatles Beats and "Doing the Best that You Can!" for the regular Drum Lessons. I'm looking for advice on how to do the second. I did one beat up to 100% at every speed, but it still didn't check off on the Achievement list.

SwashbucklerXX on
    Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
  • Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Review's tone reminds me of Lie Bot, which is excellent.

kaleedity on