As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[DDO] D&D Online now free to play!

• Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm a couple bubbles from level 4, and already sick of kobolds.

Everytime I hit them..."morkmorkmorkmork"

Morkath on
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Morkath wrote: »
    I'm a couple bubbles from level 4, and already sick of kobolds.

Everytime I hit them..."morkmorkmorkmork"

Thats just in your imagination. Luckily after the harbour you don't see them even close to as often.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Reiten wrote: »
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Anyone have an idea why TurbineMessageService.exe won't go away? Kind of pissing me off.

Oh and there's two of them.

Edit: I ended the processes, and they open right back up... one is around 5000k, the other is 90,000k. They're both taking up CPU cycles and fucking with my hard drive and internet connection. :(

If you're playing for the first time, they have it set up to get you playing right away and it continues downloading the rest of the game in the background for quite a while. That's what the process might be.

No, I've been playing for days. The process just would not go away no matter how many times I ended it. Only rebooting fixed the problem.

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Alright, I'm downloading this now to play with you folks.

I'll probably make a Paladin seeing as Monks aren't free(If I like the game I'll probably pay to unlock the Monk).

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    if you play long enough you can just unlock the monk for free.

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    edited September 2009
    Draeven wrote: »

I like the sound of that.

edit: I guess I should ask if any particular class is needed right now in group make up?

Seidkona on
  • Options
    troublebrewingtroublebrewing Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    queue to get on Cannith dizamnnnnnnn

troublebrewing on
  • Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    someone was saying rogue, but we have quite a few rangers, not sure if they can pick locks and sense traps too though. Also not suprising cannith has a que, its free to play and actualy a quality game. As long as you dont try to play it like a real MMO.

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I have a turbine account, but no former DDO subscription. Do I have to make a fresh account for all this?

captaink on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    captaink wrote: »
    I have a turbine account, but no former DDO subscription. Do I have to make a fresh account for all this?

They just auto added it to my Turbine account.

Seidkona on
  • Options
    BeoulveBeoulve Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Just dled this game and started trying it out.
    I'm planning on making a bard, but I can try another class if there any other ones that are needed.

Beoulve on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Entaru wrote: »

I put in some support request, but I don't know how long this will take.

Nothing happened automatically, I tried to log in and it told me I don't have an active DDO subscription on this account.

captaink on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

edit: I guess I should ask if any particular class is needed right now in group make up?

No more rangers, we have like 4 now.

We have one bard in the whole guild. But really play whatever you want, the guild seems to be filling out nicely. I will be adding more officers to the guild as i notice who is the most active out of us. That way i can try to have it so there is a better chance of officers being on.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Current list of officers/leader:

Kanen
    Morkath
    Ilhidrin
    Tajune
    Kaylan
    Kristopf
    Reynna
    Shale

Elimination on
  • Options
    Lord JezoLord Jezo Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

I put in some support request, but I don't know how long this will take.

Nothing happened automatically, I tried to log in and it told me I don't have an active DDO subscription on this account.

Well it's good to know someone is in the exact position I am in right now, came here looking to see if anyone had any idea as to how I could go about getting a key to plug into my existing Turbine account. I guess I'll wait to see if support gets back to me or if anyone has a way to do this.

I will make a new Turbine account if I have to, but I'd rather not if I can have everything all linked up since they are the same company after all.

Lord Jezo on
    Clipboard03.jpg
    I KISS YOU!
  • Options
    XzeanXzean Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Anyone else having this weird bug where their clothes stop showing up and their face goes to default? Relogging, restarting, unequiping, zoning and any combination of these haven't fixed it. And it has happened to two different characters AND my husbands.

Xzean on
    9df14c6e1e43475d.png
  • Options
    delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Got an elf rogue on Cannith: Agielle.

Not really playing that much though. Also, the 750 island kills quest is retarded. Meh, at least it'll get me to level 3 though.

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
  • Options
    eatmosushieatmosushi __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    uh, would anyone be interested in making me an account?

i somehow keep getting shoved to some weird turbine trial site every time i submit my info and no account gets made :(

eatmosushi on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Spun uncontrollably skyward... Driven brutally into the ground
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Xzean wrote: »
    Anyone else having this weird bug where their clothes stop showing up and their face goes to default? Relogging, restarting, unequiping, zoning and any combination of these haven't fixed it. And it has happened to two different characters AND my husbands.

I've never had this happen, and i've never heard of it. I know on my old PC when i played this in 06 this used to happen when my PC didnt load the clothes for a little while and they'd look like some kind of default clothes for about a minute. But never heard of them randomly changing.

Elimination on
  • Options
    kaliyamakaliyama Left to find less-moderated fora Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    kaliyama wrote: »
    If I start this, is it viable to do a pretty solid run through of all the content with the same group? Will there be newbiesl ooking for other newbies from PA?

Our highest lvl is lvl 4, so nobody is way up there yet. We've all been running things as a group so far. There appear to be a lot of new people joining up every day though, it started with just Axen and I and now its probably 15+ people? It's only been a few days and at this rate it will be tons. Once you get out of the newbie zone you will be lvl 2 and good to roll with most of the group at the moment. Punchbot got out of the newbie area and joined us on our quests right away.

The correct answer is no, because you stopped doing your BT campaign! -_-

BT? What does that mean? o_O

Varega never held up his side of the bargain and i decided to go halfway around the world. I'm not opposed to rebooting it next week. I'll send out PMs.

kaliyama on
    fwKS7.png?1
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    yeah, can someone make me an account? i'll um

send you some gold once i get into the game and such. just pm me my account details etc.

(use e-mail address AlanX@rocketmail.com)

eatmosushi on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Spun uncontrollably skyward... Driven brutally into the ground
  • Options
    XzeanXzean Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Xzean wrote: »

I've never had this happen, and i've never heard of it. I know on my old PC when i played this in 06 this used to happen when my PC didnt load the clothes for a little while and they'd look like some kind of default clothes for about a minute. But never heard of them randomly changing.

Yeah I thought that might be it so I did 3 dungeons and it never changed. Man is it annoying, like not gonna play goddamnit annoying.

Xzean on
    9df14c6e1e43475d.png
  • Options
    Lord JezoLord Jezo Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    eatmosushi wrote: »

send you some gold once i get into the game and such. just pm me my account details etc.

Why can't you make your own account? Blocked or something?

Lord Jezo on
    Clipboard03.jpg
    I KISS YOU!
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    If I start this, is it viable to do a pretty solid run through of all the content with the same group? Will there be newbiesl ooking for other newbies from PA?

Our highest lvl is lvl 4, so nobody is way up there yet. We've all been running things as a group so far. There appear to be a lot of new people joining up every day though, it started with just Axen and I and now its probably 15+ people? It's only been a few days and at this rate it will be tons. Once you get out of the newbie zone you will be lvl 2 and good to roll with most of the group at the moment. Punchbot got out of the newbie area and joined us on our quests right away.

Varega never held up his side of the bargain and i decided to go halfway around the world. I'm not opposed to rebooting it next week. I'll send out PMs.

yes please! :D

Also I actually spent some of the free points they gave me. There was a quiver in the shop that has 4 slots, of 1500 arrows each.

And I was tired of running out of arrows mid long adventure.

Morkath on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Lord Jezo wrote: »
    eatmosushi wrote: »

Why can't you make your own account? Blocked or something?

everytime i click SUBMIT at the account creation, the site takes me to a white turbine site that asks me if i want to play ddo for free, which i click, and then it takes me right back to the account creation site, blank.

:x

eatmosushi on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    There's a host of errors with the free account signup. Lord knows that every time I've tried, I get
    System Error Encountered, please try back again later.

without any further explanation.

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    KajustaKajusta Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    If I pay for a month, would that open up all the content for me forever?

I really want to make a damn Monk, but I don't know if I'll be able to play him when the sub ends or not. Also, I've heard you can't really level up all that much without getting VIP. Does anyone know if this is the case?

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Technically you cant go past 4 without paying, but lo and behold there's an item drop that's relatively easy to get that unlocks it for you.

Moridin889 on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    There's a host of errors with the free account signup. Lord knows that every time I've tried, I get
    System Error Encountered, please try back again later.

without any further explanation.

It's all screwed up right now because its getting supa-slammed with a billion people signing up all at once, it will fix itself soon i'd think.

Elimination on
  • Options
    kaliyamakaliyama Left to find less-moderated fora Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

let me know what i should roll class-wise - i'll do it soon as this installs..

Also I actually spent some of the free points they gave me. There was a quiver in the shop that has 4 slots, of 1500 arrows each.

kaliyama on
    fwKS7.png?1
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Moridin889 wrote: »
    Technically you cant go past 4 without paying, but lo and behold there's an item drop that's relatively easy to get that unlocks it for you.

You can level as much as you want, the unlock items for leveling are quest loot more often than not. So i dunno what you're talking about.

Elimination on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Kajusta wrote: »

I really want to make a damn Monk, but I don't know if I'll be able to play him when the sub ends or not. Also, I've heard you can't really level up all that much without getting VIP. Does anyone know if this is the case?

No, it would unlock it for a month. Dur? o_O

Elimination on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

let me know what i should roll class-wise - i'll do it soon as this installs..

You can play whatever you want, we have a good spread of classes I think.

Morkath on
  • Options
    elliotw2elliotw2 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    We have a clan in this? Then add me, Elliot Faren on Cannith

elliotw2 on
    camo_sig2.pngXBL:Elliotw3|PSN:elliotw2
  • Options
    troublebrewingtroublebrewing Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

No more rangers, we have like 4 now.

We have one bard in the whole guild. But really play whatever you want, the guild seems to be filling out nicely. I will be adding more officers to the guild as i notice who is the most active out of us. That way i can try to have it so there is a better chance of officers being on.

I've been playing a ranger since free opened hope I can still join you guys :)

troublebrewing on
  • Options
    KajustaKajusta Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

So I would be better off buying the monk class then?

I kind of want a situation where I can have stuff forever, and not just on a month-to-month basis, especially when it comes to classes.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    elliotw2elliotw2 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Buy it, or earn enough points to get one

elliotw2 on
    camo_sig2.pngXBL:Elliotw3|PSN:elliotw2
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    delroland wrote: »
    Got an elf rogue on Cannith: Agielle.

Not really playing that much though. Also, the 750 island kills quest is retarded. Meh, at least it'll get me to level 3 though.

Skip those. Seriously. Do everything else out there, but the area kill quests? Just get what you get as you explore.

I'll be hopping on Reynna in a few minutes if anyone still needs invites. Troublebrewing, you're fine, send me a tell. ;-)

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

So I would be better off buying the monk class then?

I kind of want a situation where I can have stuff forever, and not just on a month-to-month basis, especially when it comes to classes.
    You just have to ask yourself the real deep questions then because only manly bad dudes can be monks.

Are you a bad enough dude to be a monk?

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    IshbuIshbu Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I didn't see in the OP - what server is everyone on? Is there a PA "guild"?

Ishbu on
    Play my game and serve beer to angry dwarves: The Tavern
This discussion has been closed.