As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Big smelly head [DOODLE] face with words that make me go ARAHAHREIAHRIA

• DeeLockDeeLock Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    spikearmorf.jpg

DeeLock on
  • PiousPious Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Kronus wrote: »
    Tonight I have fun with Metroids;
    Hug.jpg
    Metroidrawr.jpg

I love you...I love Metroid! Fave game *geek out*. You gave me an idea. I wanted to try to do some enviroments and I was going to do two games, Now its Metroid and Golden Sun. w00t.

Pious on
    Untitled_1_4.jpg
  • KronusKronus Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I've been playing Metroid Prime Trilogy lately, about 25% through Echoes at the moment, so I'd been itching for some Metroid doodles. I might try drawing Metroid Prime's Core soon, but I have a feeling it'll probably just end up looking like a floating octopus with tentacles everywhere :P

Kronus on
  • WastingPenguinsWastingPenguins Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    ci1eA.jpg

WastingPenguins on
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Those are pretty slick Moog.

Teach me how to do those.

Godfather on
  • ThaneThane Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    multimoog i would buy that Megaman 3 sb so fast, my god, it would boggle your mind how fast

Thane on
    286v37l.jpg
    edited September 2009
    yes moog

teach us

Thane on
    286v37l.jpg
  • CharisCharis Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    afro.jpg

The return of this thing.

For the longest time I had the left side of the hair done, and I would keep opening the file, take a few seconds to stare at the unfinished right side, and then decide I just was not up to it. (edit: ah hah hah what kind of sentence structure is this?)

So finally this is closer to being completed.

Charis on
  • jpegjpeg ODIE, YOUR FACE Scenic Illinois FlatlandsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Really, really nice, charis. dig the skin tones a lot. the heel of the visible foot looks a little weird, I think that shadowed area might have too hard of an edge towards the back of the foot? not sure.

jpeg on
    so I just type in this box and it goes on the screen?
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2009
    playing with my new drafting table, faber-castell brush pens, and some shitty bristol board

i like this comic thing

streetversion.jpg
    ci1eA.jpg
    Charis wrote: »
    afro.jpg

The return of this thing.

For the longest time I had the left side of the hair done, and I would keep opening the file, take a few seconds to stare at the unfinished right side, and then decide I just was not up to it. (edit: ah hah hah what kind of sentence structure is this?)

So finally this is closer to being completed.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Radar6590Radar6590 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Been a while since I've done anything. Here's my latest debacle. I emphasize the word because I didn't realize what quality paper I was drawing on (65 lb 5.5'x8.5') until after I'd placed the inks. Which wouldn't allow me to erase the pencils underneath without lifting the ink lines. Oh, joy. Shaded with a General's sketch n' wash pencil and also a black prismacolor for getting some higher contrast.

19bf1b967148296a2c3f06aa2e39aecb.jpg

Radar6590 on
    My DeviantArt
    Loomdun wrote: »
    ...And I am being hulked enraged by multiple things right now and I will destroy you
  • Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    2afjukg.jpg

Oh man, Zbrush 3.5. :3

Synthetic Orange on
  • MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    jesus fuck I can't even make anything other than a mess in zbrush.

fuck you synth.

Metalbourne on
    edited September 2009
    he looks like hes made out of rolly pollies and centipedes

that is crazy

Thane on
    286v37l.jpg
  • TheMorningStarTheMorningStar Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Went to the Weezer concert tonight and while Taking Back Sunday was giving me a headache, I drew Weezer's partially covered drum set.

295072911fafbace244a0ab.jpg

I wish they played longer, they are awesome live.

TheMorningStar on
  • RCagentRCagent Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I've been practicing drawing heads with references and bases, and I found I can't do them for shit using a mouse, but that's normal right? I should probably invest in a tablet.

Anyway, here's two faces I sketched out, one from my mind and one based on a picture/someone. I can see I still have some fine-tuning to do, mainly on my eyes which tend to have one higher than the other.

Mind the budget scanner.
    wvrj2c.jpg
    2dr6vqe.jpg
    And then another digital painting trial, nothing too fancy:
    nbenw5.jpg

RCagent on
  • winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    NEVER SPOIL YOUR WORK. BE CONFIDENT IN YOUR WORK! :)

Watch out for the placement of the eyes on the first dude. His right eye is too high up.

Oh, btw, im guessing you're new to digital? Get used to using sharp, thick brushes. Dont start with low opacity, soft brushes. Its a bad habbit to get into and can be really hard to break out of.

winter_combat_knight on
    edited September 2009
    NEVER SPOIL YOUR WORK. BE CONFIDENT IN YOUR WORK! :)

Watch out for the placement of the eyes on the first dude. His right eye is too high up.

Oh, btw, im guessing you're new to digital? Get used to using sharp, thick brushes. Dont start with low opacity, soft brushes. Its a bad habbit to get into and can be really hard to break out of.

Well, I spoilered' them so they wouldn't v-scroll rape the thread. And why are the low opacity, soft brushes bad? I tend to like mix different shades of color using them, sort of watercolorish. I would imagine thick brushes would be better for more detailed environments, but I haven't gotten to try that out quite yet. I want to get used to creating silhouettes and painting the environment around them.

RCagent on
  • CheerfulBearCheerfulBear Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    RCagent, is the picture "based on" someone actually referenced or did you draw it with that person in mind? Either way, both of those pictures look the same.

CheerfulBear on
    edited September 2009
    RCagent, is the picture "based on" someone actually referenced or did you draw it with that person in mind? Either way, both of those pictures look the same.

It was a referenced, now that you mention I can see how they look the same. Is it just that they both have the same expression or is the structure of the faces? If it happens to be that I draw everyone the same I would love to break that habit.

RCagent on
  • LittleBootsLittleBoots Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    2afjukg.jpg

Oh man, Zbrush 3.5. :3

Is that those new zspheres? Or some some crazy brush settings you used?

LittleBoots on

Tofu wrote: Here be Littleboots, destroyer of threads and master of drunkposting.
  • Guy BellGuy Bell Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I wouldn't have recognized that as ZBrush. Either the program has changed a lot or you are using it in a different way. Looks like you could do some interesting things with it.

Guy Bell on
  • CheerfulBearCheerfulBear Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    RCagent wrote: »

It was a referenced, now that you mention I can see how they look the same. Is it just that they both have the same expression or is the structure of the faces? If it happens to be that I draw everyone the same I would love to break that habit.

You can easily break the habit by drawing what you see.

CheerfulBear on
  • winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    RCagent wrote: »
    And why are the low opacity, soft brushes bad? I tend to like mix different shades of color using them, sort of watercolorish. I would imagine thick brushes would be better for more detailed environments, but I haven't gotten to try that out quite yet. I want to get used to creating silhouettes and painting the environment around them.

I've found standard, full opacity brushes help you to define the forms better, especially in the early silouette stages. Later on when mixing your tones, use lower opacity brushes. You want your forms to be defined. If you use soft brushes from the start, you may have issues later where your objects arent defined enough.
    People work differently, so you may not have issues with it. I definately have.

winter_combat_knight on
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Is that those new zspheres? Or some some crazy brush settings you used?

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=073956

:D

NightDragon on
    edited September 2009
    Holy shit, that was incredible!

DeeLock on
    edited September 2009
    marblebust2.jpg

DeeLock on
  • Guy BellGuy Bell Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    nicely done. Proportions are spot on.

Guy Bell on
  • PiousPious Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    celliouddream.jpg

w00t, this was fun to draw really fast in 30mins. I wanna redraw and paintz, this is a fun pic for me.

Pious on
    Untitled_1_4.jpg
    edited September 2009
    Thanks Guy!

Did more work on armor girl

spikearmorf2.jpg

DeeLock on
  • rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    You significantly changed her head size. It could go either way but it makes the armor feel much bulkier now. You also went in and smoothed the shit out of a bunch of stuff.

To be perfectly honest with you, that isn't progress its procratination. I know because I do it all of the time. If you want to finish this thing I suggest you dive in and really figure out what the design of this armor and sword is like, as well as fleshing out her face a bit more. You are making a lot of progress, but I want you to start thinking about your own psychology when working through these a bit. Don't hesitate or dick around. Just get in there and do what needs to be done.

rts on
  • beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    charis that's fucking sweet
    give me your deviantart info or something plzzz

beavotron on
    edited September 2009
    Guy Bell wrote: »
    nicely done. Proportions are spot on.

I love your avatar.

TheMorningStar on
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    beavotron wrote: »
    charis that's fucking sweet

I concur with Beavo's assessment.
    Congrats on finally getting the body finished too.

Mustang on
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Yeah Charis, it turned out really well. I really love how you handled the hair (I'm a sucker for stuff like that). Congrats on getting through it! :P

NightDragon on
  • CharisCharis Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hey, thanks guys. My devart is woefully un-updated, and just has a bunch of old shit on it. Maybe I'll change that soon. But it's right here.

I haven't put real new not-doodle stuff on there since my senior year of high school, lolz.

Charis on
    edited September 2009
    yeah the face(and head overall) is poppin

101011_means_Death_by_thanekats.jpg

pen sketch gone awry with some markers for colors

Thane on
    286v37l.jpg
  • MykonosMykonos Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Untitleed-1-4.jpg

Mykonos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I was born; six gun in my hand; behind the gun; I make my final stand"~Bad Company
  • MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Shodan got a helluva makeover

Metalbourne on
    edited September 2009
    Another still life:

297007676bb10fd9bd4366e.jpg

I got all my stuff from the last semester and the stuff I've done since the beginning of this one photographed today. Now I have to put it all together for the U.C.'s.

TheMorningStar on
This discussion has been closed.